PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #181
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This isn't really helpful to anyone unless they are using it so they know what the requirements are before playing the mission, which takes the fun out of the game, because there are no hints and tips or video walkthroughs for the missions. There are some that I've replayed a couple of times that I can't get all of the requirements, possibly because I'm not doing it the right way to get the requirements.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #182
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
This isn't really helpful to anyone unless they are using it so they know what the requirements are before playing the mission, which takes the fun out of the game, because there are no hints and tips or video walkthroughs for the missions. There are some that I've replayed a couple of times that I can't get all of the requirements, possibly because I'm not doing it the right way to get the requirements.
Gee, thanks...If you believe I am going to make a video or text walkthrough for 70+ missions, you can keep dreaming. This is merely a reference checklist. You don't need to use it. There's no set 70 that are universally easy. Believe it or not, everyone has a different opinion and skill set when playing this game in regards to each mission.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #183
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Someone sounds hard to please.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #184
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Gee, thanks...If you believe I am going to make a video or text walkthrough for 70+ missions, you can keep dreaming. This is merely a reference checklist. You don't need to use it. There's no set 70 that are universally easy. Believe it or not, everyone has a different opinion and skill set when playing this game in regards to each mission.
I never asked for you to provide a list of missions that were easy, because you're right, everyone's opinion of easy is different. I'm sure there is someone out there that made videos for most of the missions that everyone agreed on to be more difficult than others, such as ones that have a required time.

I just know with TBoGT DLC in GTA IV that there were helpful hints and tips/videos on each mission on how to achieve the requirements.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #185
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
I never asked for you to provide a list of missions that were easy, because you're right, everyone's opinion of easy is different. I'm sure there is someone out there that made videos for most of the missions that everyone agreed on to be more difficult than others, such as ones that have a required time.

I just know with TBoGT DLC in GTA IV that there were helpful hints and tips/videos on each mission on how to achieve the requirements.
Yeah, there weren't 100+ missions in TBoGT.

Since I am a nice guy, I am going to provide you with videos/information on how to get gold on any mission in GTA V.

1) Go to http://www.google.com

2) Enter "GTA V __________ gold" where you replace the blank with whatever mission you need help with

3) Click on any link or video for help.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #186
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:

TBoGT had about 10-20 missions though. I can very well be wrong, but I don't think anyone I know on YouTube has taken the time to create video guides for the missions because the requirements are kinda - actually really - self explanatory. Hell, all 44 Strangers & Freaks are easily done just by looking at the requirement.

Now just pick 26 Story Missions that have simple timed requirements and you're golden.

Maybe near the end of the month (October) if I have time, I will make a detailed walkthrough...but I don't think I will end up following through with it. It's way too much work for 70 missions when 40+ have self explanatory requirements such as "complete in 10 minutes" or "finish with 75% accuracy" or "don't get caught" etc., etc., etc.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #187
jbaruch76

has there been a verdict if cutscenes count towards the time?
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #188
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaruch76 View Post
They do count.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #189
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaruch76 View Post
Yes. Be sure to skip them if you are replaying missions and need to go for the time requirement.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #190
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
I have some questions relating to the Heist Missions. I don't know if someone already asked this, but here it goes:

Quote:
Mission 11: Carbine Rifles (Triggered by Michael)
Swift Getaway - Lose the wanted level within 2 minutes

Mission 12: The Jewel Store Job - The Load Approach (Triggered by Michael)
Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds
Protégé Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase
Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets

Mission 13: Jewel Store Heist - The "Smart" Approach (Triggered by Michael)
Sneaky Pest - Steal the Bugstars can without being detected

Mission 14: BZ Gas Grenades (Triggered by Michael)
Loose Cargo - Shoot open the back doors to release the cargo

Mission 15: The Jewel Store Job - Smart Approach (Triggered by Michael)
Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds
Protégé Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase
Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets
I did the smart approach, so I did missions 13, 14 and 15. Got gold in all the three.

I then reloaded Mission 15 and saw that you can choose your crew and the approach again, so I did the load approach. I did not get a gold medal in all requirements, and the mission is not listed in the replay missions screen, so I'm supposing that mission 12 and mission 15 only count as one mission, right?

Also, when doing the load approach i saw that the carbine rifles were not ticked in the checklist, but I can't find anyway to do that mission. Is there a way to play that mission without starting a new game?

I know it's not a big deal for the achievement, but GTA V is such a great game that I would like to do everything possible in it.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #191
SiCK_Boy

FrancoisLaroche's Gamercard
Any specific trick to meet the time requirement in Three's Company?

Specifically, once you are back into the chopper, are you better off trying to shoot them down with Michael or just flying around while controlling Trevor?

If flying as Trevor, is it better to just make a run toward the landing area (thus saving you time once Michael shoots the enemies down) or just stay around the FIB/IAA towers to help take down the choppers? Are there any strategies in terms of positioning the chopper to ensure Michael will kill the pursuit faster? Can Franklin help (besides killing the chopper going for him at the start)?
SiCK_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #192
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Is there any way to restart a mission if you have to use a checkpoint? Since it obviously voids things like time and accuracy.

Sick of having to kill myself to exit to the story mode only to have to go back and replay the mission again.

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #193
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph Xii View Post
Is there any way to restart a mission if you have to use a checkpoint? Since it obviously voids things like time and accuracy.

Sick of having to kill myself to exit to the story mode only to have to go back and replay the mission again.
There's no way to restart a mission.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #194
SiCK_Boy

FrancoisLaroche's Gamercard
Regarding Paparazzo - The Meltdown, did anyone else confirm it was doable using the replay mission feature?

One user indicated earlier he was able to do it, but I'm now starting to wonder...
SiCK_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #195
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCK_Boy View Post
Regarding Paparazzo - The Meltdown, did anyone else confirm it was doable using the replay mission feature?

One user indicated earlier he was able to do it, but I'm now starting to wonder...
Yup. I did it last Monday and was able to get a Gold Medal through replaying it.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #196
Vitamin Dean

CMxDean's Gamercard
Quote:
He has a point... the requirements are all in game, a brief tip summary after each mission would have been cool in your op, some the requirements can be a bit tricky.
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #197
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Dean View Post
He has a point... the requirements are all in game, a brief tip summary after each mission would have been cool in your op, some the requirements can be a bit tricky.
Use Youtube, then. I'm pretty sure every mission has a 100% walkthrough video to it.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #198
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Dean View Post
When I have a Guide to flesh out and take care of, plus playing the game and enjoying it myself, I can't really be tasked with making tedious tips and walkthroughs for self-explantory requirements. Like Creasy said, YouTube works wonders...

Besides all 44 S&F missions are so easy to Gold Medal...then that just leaves 26 Story missions - 15 which are simple to Gold Medal on the first try (Assassinations, Prologue, Hang Ten, Did Someone Say Yoga? and almost every single "set-up" heist mission)

Last edited by BiggD; 10-07-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #199
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
When I have a Guide to flesh out and take care of, plus playing the game and enjoying it myself, I can't really be tasked with making tedious tips and walkthroughs for self-explantory requirements. Like Creasy said, YouTube works wonders...

Besides all 44 S&F missions are so easy to Gold Medal...then that just leaves 26 Story missions - 15 which are simple to Gold Medal on the first try (Assassinations, Prologue, Hang Ten, Did Someone Say Yoga? and almost every single "set-up" heist mission)
But you work for the people. You aren't meant to enjoy the game. You go work those hot fields 18 hours straight, no rest, no enjoyment, and you create the ultimate guide for the people who probably won't even thank you. You have no choice, BiggD.

Last edited by Creasy47; 10-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #200
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
But you work for the people. You aren't meant to enjoy the game. You go work those hot fields 18 hours straight, no rest, no enjoyment, and you create the penultimate guide for the people who probably won't even thank you. You have no choice, BiggD.
It's as if you understand my struggles <3

Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #201
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
It's as if you understand my struggles <3
Absolutely. You can't please everyone.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #202
kaonashi

based zen's Gamercard
Getting gold medals are a pain.
kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #203
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonashi View Post
Getting gold medals are a pain.
They can be, but all 44 S&F are relatively easy.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #204
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Fame or Shame important tip...

First off let me just say, great guide BiggD! Also, too all the haters out there, if you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut as you are not contributing anything. Getting off my soap box.

Now, regarding the "Fame or Shame" mission (and you may want to update the name of that mission in your guide BiggD, as it is "or" and not "of", but not a big deal). I spent easily over an hour trying to get the "Bearing Down" requirement. (See EDIT below) Turns out that you MUST keep the trailer hooked up AND keep close to Lazlow. I kept dropping the trailer right at the start of each replay because I already had "All Hooked Up" and just couldn't get the "Bearing Down" part... turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer. Kept the trailer on and then I got it the very next replay.

Mission 21: Fame or Shame (Triggered by either Michael or Trevor)
Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow throughout the chase
All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer

EDIT(!): Metabolic x360a says that he was able to get the requirement WITHOUT the trailer attached, so I shouldn't have said "MUST keep the trailer hooked up". I am changing this to say, "If you are having problems getting this requirement, try doing it WITH the trailer attached as I was able to get it the first time, after trying many, many times without the trailer attached."

Last edited by BrinkX; 10-15-2013 at 03:19 PM.
BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #205
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkX View Post
First off let me just say, great guide BiggD! Also, too all the haters out there, if you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut as you are not contributing anything. Getting off my soap box.

Now, regarding the "Fame or Shame" mission (and you may want to update the name of that mission in your guide BiggD, as it is "or" and not "of", but not a big deal). I spent easily over an hour trying to get the "Bearing Down" requirement. Turns out that you MUST keep the trailer hooked up AND keep close to Lazlow. I kept dropping the trailer right at the start of each replay because I already had "All Hooked Up" and just couldn't get the "Bearing Down" part... turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer. Kept the trailer on and then I got it the very next replay.

Mission 21: Fame or Shame (Triggered by either Michael or Trevor)
Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow throughout the chase
All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer
Sorry but that's not true, you just mustn't have been close enough on the previous tries, my first time playing this mission I unhooked the trailer immediately when Trevor told me to because I didn't know the gold requirements and the only check I received was Bearing Down.

You do have to stay fairly close to him while the trailer is attached to get All Hooked Up, if he get's too far away from you the trailer will be automatically detached so you can catch up.

I have noticed that the 'Stay Close' requirements from mission to mission are pretty flexible. I didn't fail any, even ones where I was sure I was too far away but I can't get it at all on 'Papparazzo The Meltdown' even though I did one run where I was literally level with the police car the entire time.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #206
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
good list. helped out a lot. It should be noted that dying also voids the "Health and Armor" related challenges, in addition to the time and accuracy ones. The Unmarked Challenge.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 125 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #207
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
good list. helped out a lot. It should be noted that dying also voids the "Health and Armor" related challenges, in addition to the time and accuracy ones. The Unmarked Challenge.
Gold requirements would've been a lot easier had they made it so stuff like timing/accuracy/etc. is cataloged at a checkpoint, so if you die and restart at the checkpoint, it picks up from there.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #208
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Gold requirements would've been a lot easier had they made it so stuff like timing/accuracy/etc. is cataloged at a checkpoint, so if you die and restart at the checkpoint, it picks up from there.
I agree, I can kinda see why the time requirement is voided, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if you could just retry and an hour and still get it because it 'technically' only took 10 minutes to do the mission.

But why void things like accuracy/head shots?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #209
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
I agree, I can kinda see why the time requirement is voided, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if you could just retry and an hour and still get it because it 'technically' only took 10 minutes to do the mission.

But why void things like accuracy/head shots?
As far as I can tell, headshots dont get voided. But yeah. Still the point is the same. You could just miss a whole bunch of shots and commit suicide to do better. Most missions are relatively short so restarting them is not too much of a trouble anyway. Especially it is nice you can get the requirements on separate plays. That excuses all these nuances IMO.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 125 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #210
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
Sorry but that's not true, you just mustn't have been close enough on the previous tries, my first time playing this mission I unhooked the trailer immediately when Trevor told me to because I didn't know the gold requirements and the only check I received was Bearing Down.
I'm telling you that I did it at least 10 times WITHOUT the trailer and I was on Lazlow's ass the entire time for at least 7 of those tries. I started to get very frustrated and tried to find some help online (watched videos, etc.). I then decided to try it with the trailer and even though I couldn't stay as close as when I didn't have the trailer, I got it the first time trying it with the trailer attached.

I am not going to argue with you about this, I just figured I would put this out there in case other people run into the same problem that I had.

Last edited by BrinkX; 10-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.
BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote