PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #211
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
Does anyone know how to unlock the mission "A Starlet in Vinewood"? This is triggerd by Franklin. But how?

I also need to unlock mission "The final frontier" and "The last one" these two missions isnt listed on your list but they are on the Social club list.

Anyone knows how to unlock these 3 missions?
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #212
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYvsPSYCHO View Post
Does anyone know how to unlock the mission "A Starlet in Vinewood"? This is triggerd by Franklin. But how?

I also need to unlock mission "The final frontier" and "The last one" these two missions isnt listed on your list but they are on the Social club list.

Anyone knows how to unlock these 3 missions?
A Starlet in Vinewood is available after you collect all 50 letter scraps.

Final Frontier is complete after returning all 50 UFO parts to Omega.

The Last One is a secret mission that unlocks long after you 100% the game.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #213
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
A Starlet in Vinewood is available after you collect all 50 letter scraps.

Final Frontier is complete after returning all 50 UFO parts to Omega.

The Last One is a secret mission that unlocks long after you 100% the game.
Thank you
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #214
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Yes. Be sure to skip them if you are replaying missions and need to go for the time requirement.
I wish i had read this before, i like cutscenes even over again, also gives a quick pause but bah.

Also it's noted that using a checkpoint voids certain things, maybe add a symbol to the list for those that do?

Thing i've noticed is not all timed parts are void from the checkpoint if the checkpoint is not a total timer and a random bunch of other things get voided when they could well be fine, headshots on one mission i noticed was but on another it was fine, wasnt that i missed the target it was just the X through the one, the other i knew i missed before the end so let myself die and restart from checkpoint and got it (i did them in reverse order of what i've just said which is why i assumed it was fine).

I don't recall which missions though, only just starting to lookup details on this as i am close to the 70 now i think.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #215
FranconianX

FranconianX's Gamercard
I tried to replay the Minisub and the Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark (Golfclub) mission but in both I start without any weapons.

Is this a common bug? It's impossible this way
FranconianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #216
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkX View Post
I'm telling you that I did it at least 10 times WITHOUT the trailer and I was on Lazlow's ass the entire time for at least 7 of those tries. I started to get very frustrated and tried to find some help online (watched videos, etc.). I then decided to try it with the trailer and even though I couldn't stay as close as when I didn't have the trailer, I got it the first time trying it with the trailer attached.

I am not going to argue with you about this, I just figured I would put this out there in case other people run into the same problem that I had.
No one is arguing but people come here for help and you are making a definitive statement that I know is subjective and that's not going to help anybody. Your experience is your experience others might have a different one, like I did, so I was simply pointing out that what you said was not 100% guaranteed to work for everyone like you made it seem.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #217
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
No one is arguing but people come here for help and you are making a definitive statement that I know is subjective and that's not going to help anybody. Your experience is your experience others might have a different one, like I did, so I was simply pointing out that what you said was not 100% guaranteed to work for everyone like you made it seem.
So are you saying that if someone keeps the trailer on AND stays close enough the entire time, they are NOT 100% guaranteed to get it...?

I can say with 100% certainty that if someone leaves the trailer attached and stays close the entire time, they will definitely get the requirement. 100% of the time. And I can say this with certainty and yes I am making a definitive statement that will help anyone that tries to do it that way.

You "may have" gotten it without the trailer, but that does not mean that others will be able to get it without the trailer. I could NOT get it when I did NOT have the trailer attached. 100% of the time, without the trailer, I did NOT get the requirement completed. The ONLY time I stayed close AND got the requirement was when I had the trailer attached. I don't see how my statement was not helpful. I would have found it helpful if I had found someone else mentioning this "possibility", since I wouldn't have kept trying without the trailer. Again, I got it the first time WITH the trailer (and I wasn't even able to stay as close as ALL OF THOSE times without the trailer).

Last edited by BrinkX; 10-14-2013 at 05:12 PM.
BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #218
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
you MUST keep the trailer hooked up...turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer.
Quote:
I can say with 100% certainty that if someone leaves the trailer attached and stays close the entire time, they will definitely get the requirement. 100% of the time. And I can say this with certainty and yes I am making a definitive statement that will help anyone that tries to do it that way.
Well now you are just being pretentious and argumentative, both things I was not trying to be at all. Above you can see you original post and your new, amended, post you tried to pass off as the same statement. Which they aren't. Do you not see the difference between using words like MUST and WONT (definitive) and IF (subjective)?

I'm done now, the only thing I wanted to say has been said. Based off my own experience you don't need to have the trailer hitched to gain the check, so saying you must have it attached to do it is incorrect. That's it, no one is infallible, just accept it and move on. If you get this bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you on the internet how do you get anything done?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #219
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
Well now you are just being pretentious and argumentative, both things I was not trying to be at all. Above you can see you original post and your new, amended, post you tried to pass off as the same statement. Which they aren't. Do you not see the difference between using words like MUST and WONT (definitive) and IF (subjective)?

I'm done now, the only thing I wanted to say has been said. Based off my own experience you don't need to have the trailer hitched to gain the check, so saying you must have it attached to do it is incorrect. That's it, no one is infallible, just accept it and move on. If you get this bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you on the internet how do you get anything done?
Fair enough. I should amend the first statement to say that if you want to guarantee that you get Bearing Down, leave the trailer attached. But feel free to try it the other way, without the trailer attached, as others have said they were able to get the requirement without the trailer attached... I was not. (I did go back and edit the first post, so let me know if you think the edit is acceptable).

To be clear, I was just trying to help others as I spent easily over an hour doing this with no success (so very frustrating to listen to the same dialog over and over). Then the first time I replayed the mission with the trailer attached, I got a checkmark on the "Bearing Down" requirement. I've also seen plenty of videos of this mission, but I can't find one that shows "Bearing Down" being done without the trailer... not to say it doesn't exist or isn't possible, but if someone is having an issue getting that particular requirement, I would suggest doing it with the trailer attached.

Hope this helps someone. I know the suggestion would have helped me.

Last edited by BrinkX; 10-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.
BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #220
mast3r 0r0m1s

mast3r 0r0m1s's Gamercard
A tip for Architects Plans. Instead of running all the way back down after you get the briefcase, just jump off the side and kill yourself. Spawned outside the construction site, went to Lester and it said I got a gold. (11 seconds)

Also for Fire Truck I call 911, get a Fire Truck to come out (don't light anything on fire) when it comes I steal it, then drive it to the location. I get the no damage check, but not the one for calling 911 to get it. Anyone know whats up?

Last edited by mast3r 0r0m1s; 10-15-2013 at 11:45 PM.
mast3r 0r0m1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #221
SakuraKiddo

thay rb's Gamercard
this is awesome!!! by the way, someone made a sheet on excel with this info? like that one in 100% collectibles guide?

SakuraKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #222
mast3r 0r0m1s

Something like this? I just started btw so thats why its incomplete. And the mission names that are bolded are the easy ones taken from this list.

EDIT - I'll have the list finished by around midnight my time, if people show an interest I can create one for the Strangers and Freaks too.

Last edited by mast3r 0r0m1s; 10-17-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #223
SakuraKiddo

thay rb's Gamercard
mast3r 0r0m1s just like this!!! lol when you finish (IF), would you mind give to me? I really wanted to make one of these, but i didnt have much time lately. You would help me A LOT!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #224
SakuraKiddo

thay rb's Gamercard
mast3r 0r0m1s yes!!! lol when u finish, would you mind passing me? I really wanted to make one of these, but i dont have much time lately. You would help me A LOT!

Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #225
mast3r 0r0m1s

Alright here it is. I didn't know Mission Times for the assassinations (at the bottom) so I guessed, just try and beat that time, shouldn't be hard as they're really easy.

For those of you who don't know how to work Google Documents and stuff, you have to have a gmail account first. Then go to the document go to File - Make A Copy. It should open up a brand new window/tab and you'll be able to edit it to your hearts content.

If you notice anything wrong let me know and I'll fix it, there might be a few missions that are missing that require nothing except for completion like Dotting Dad etc. I just followed the list on the front page.

And again if there is enough people wanting one I can make one for Strangers and Freaks.

EDIT - Idk if I'm missing it or something, but the list up front has Carbine Rifles on it and I don't see that mission anywhere on my list in-game. Does anyone have it on theirs?

Last edited by mast3r 0r0m1s; 10-17-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #226
irishfury187

maybe

for people getting the achievement at 68 gold medals maybe its because of automatic gold medals for the good husband and the last grass roots mission for franklin, neither of which shows in the replay screen (at least not to my knowledge) also my count on the screens is 75 missions and 43 s&f (not sure if anyone else posted those numbers.
irishfury187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #227
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3r 0r0m1s View Post
A tip for Architects Plans. Instead of running all the way back down after you get the briefcase, just jump off the side and kill yourself. Spawned outside the construction site, went to Lester and it said I got a gold. (11 seconds)

Also for Fire Truck I call 911, get a Fire Truck to come out (don't light anything on fire) when it comes I steal it, then drive it to the location. I get the no damage check, but not the one for calling 911 to get it. Anyone know whats up?
You need to call via emergency services in your contacts, dialing 911 doesn't work (for me anyway) oh and Micheal didn't have the contact in his phone for some reason so I did it with Franklin.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #228
SakuraKiddo

thay rb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mast3r 0r0m1s View Post
Alright here it is. I didn't know Mission Times for the assassinations (at the bottom) so I guessed, just try and beat that time, shouldn't be hard as they're really easy.

For those of you who don't know how to work Google Documents and stuff, you have to have a gmail account first. Then go to the document go to File - Make A Copy. It should open up a brand new window/tab and you'll be able to edit it to your hearts content.

If you notice anything wrong let me know and I'll fix it, there might be a few missions that are missing that require nothing except for completion like Dotting Dad etc. I just followed the list on the front page.

And again if there is enough people wanting one I can make one for Strangers and Freaks.

EDIT - Idk if I'm missing it or something, but the list up front has Carbine Rifles on it and I don't see that mission anywhere on my list in-game. Does anyone have it on theirs?
THIS WAS AWESOME!!!! THANKS A LOT MAN!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!
and if you made one of this for strangers and freaks, i will want for sure!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #229
Calv1n

Calv1n DT's Gamercard
Thank god for checkpoints

At least they don't require you to do this stuff (other than for the achievement) and they have checkpoints.

That was one of the rare yet annoying problems for me about GTA IV. Even if you are literally 15 feet from the end of the mission and die, you have to do it all over again.

True story: GTA IV, mission where Roman is kidnapped and you rescue him, I rescue him, we get in the truck to drive away, i hit an explosive barrel and die. Had to do it all over again.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #230
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calv1n View Post
That was one of the rare yet annoying problems for me about GTA IV. Even if you are literally 15 feet from the end of the mission and die, you have to do it all over again.
I do know what you mean, but other than driving it was usually fun. The only times not was one of those last missions and dying at the end as they were long and if the beginning or end (or both) required long drives that got police attention either before (accidently) or after as a purpose of the mission and then not being able to lose them.

Odd thing is thinking back, thats the only bad i see, but i know the frustration of it happening anywhere well lol Moreover the now i need to get new armour etc, don't even need armour for any mission in this game

Edit: Mission 24 didn't work at being able to do everything in two different goes, first time around i got everything but his heart stopping and waterboarding, this time i went for those and didn't electrocute him and got 90% and a silver because i didn't.. Bit confused there as i have noticed you don't need to do all in one go and it also does state it in the first page. So seems there is some you do need to. Not the fastest of missions either even if it is quite straight forward.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 10-19-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #231
ghaus24

GHAUS24's Gamercard
ok so the mission caida libre..........i see its highlighted red in the list but doesnt say why.......the mission wont show up on my game..........i only have 3 missions left to do and cant get it to pop
ghaus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #232
moemedicine7

moemedicine7's Gamercard
Thanks BiggD and Quid Squid for making this achivement ALOT easier!
One thing though, for the "Firetruck" mission, I can't call emergency services. Tried it with Michael and Franklin and it's not even in their phones.
moemedicine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #233
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
The 'Vinewood Souvenirs - Tyler' (I think) one is nearly impossible because you start on foot and you're given thirty seconds to run up, kill everyone, and retrieve the golf club. Even if you die and respawn a little further, it's still hard. I can't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
Same problem here. I gave up on that for now. It takes more than 30 seconds to get to that dude. If you use checkpoint then you start closer to them, but the game adds previous time, so this makes the mission quite impossible to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I don't think it does, I died spawned ran straight at him ignoring security, game said I did it in 9 seconds.
I was having a hell of a time with this myself, until I looked up a Youtube video and found the answer I was looking for in the comments: the timer DOES NOT START until you approach Mark Fostenberg (the vic, Tyler is a different character) and spook him. So basically, get a good position...GUN HIS ASS DOWN ASAP and run up to pick up the club. You should have enough special to activate and take out the security guards from here.

I screwed up once here, blew up the golf club (used a rocket launcher ;>_>) and did it again right after clearing for 9 seconds. So the seconds DON'T START COUNTING until you spook Mark.

Name of this thing is Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark, just as an FYI to anybody. It's easy to Gold when you figure out when the bloody timer actually starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #234
Finleo

Finleo's Gamercard
Nice one...
Finleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #235
Orange Sliver

Orange Sliver's Gamercard
Thank You for posting this!
Orange Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #236
AusMikAtonic

AusMikAtonic's Gamercard
Great job for this if people struggle with this id recommend to not do the heists for gold as they can hard there are a lot of side missions and the kifflom missions which are easy gold as long as you try to do these and the missions you should have it no time
AusMikAtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #237
IKickedABaby

AWoodenLeg's Gamercard
Mission 64: Gauntlet

I can't find this mission. I got 73 missions. Is it under a different name?

IKickedABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #238
Juri Han 7

Omega Hibana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Excellent side guide again BiggD ! Very well organized breakdown of what pretty much every mission requires you to do to get Gold. Or needed to be check marked for 100% mission complete. I just got my 70 Gold achievement finally, a few hours ago. Thanks to this guide a bit. Thanks once again BiggD for your big help for GTA V. Now I no longer have to worry about this annoying and kind of tedious/frustrating 70 Gold earn bs achievement.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #239
TheRealJustSean

Send a message via MSN to TheRealJustSean

TheRealJustSean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Excellent! Thanks dude! And excellent display pic too.

TheRealJustSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #240
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finleo View Post
Nice one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Sliver View Post
Thank You for posting this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri Han 7 View Post
Excellent side guide again BiggD ! Very well organized breakdown of what pretty much every mission requires you to do to get Gold. Or needed to be check marked for 100% mission complete. I just got my 70 Gold achievement finally, a few hours ago. Thanks to this guide a bit. Thanks once again BiggD for your big help for GTA V. Now I no longer have to worry about this annoying and kind of tedious/frustrating 70 Gold earn bs achievement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJustSean View Post
Excellent! Thanks dude! And excellent display pic too.
Glad this checklist was of use to you all And good job, Juri Han!

@RealJustSean - Thanks Harley Quinn is the best!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote