PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Large RP Boosts In GTA Online Races

Right now there appears to be something happening with the races in GTA Online, where you get a load of RP in a short space of time. It seems to be linked to the "Fastest Lap", "Clean Lap", "1st For The Whole Lap", "Overtakes" and "Slipstream" bonuses. As you are racing, you'll notice that each of these bonuses keep popping up, earning you 2000-4000 RP after a lap, depending on your current rank.

There is a limit of 5000 RP that can be earned in a single race. If you pass this limit in the race, the RP you would normally get for winning will not add to your bar. It'll look like it has, but compare it to what you have during the race and what you have in the next race and you'll see there's no change.

Criminal Records is the best race for this, as it's the quickest race. You need to race with 1 other person as a minimum.

There are certain settings that are being mentioned that may or may not mean anything to the RP earned, but it's worth using them anyway. They are:

- Catch up: Off
- Custom vehicle: On
- Wanted Level: On
- Traffic: On
- Split times: Personal

There are a few different ways that you can tackle the race, and they are used depending on what rank you are. I've listed them by number of laps, but choose the one based on your current rank to maximise RP and time.

1 Lap Race - Rank 75+

Start a race with 2 or more players on "Criminal Records".

Set it to 1 lap, Standard or GTA Race. Change the settings if you want to the ones above.

At this point, you'll be earning 5000 RP just for passing the lap, meaning you'll blitz the RP cap straight away. If you race 2 laps at this rank, you're wasting 25 seconds because you won't keep any extra RP earned. You won't see your RP bonus in the race but study the RP bar before and after the race to see the difference.

However, only the winner appears to get the bonus. Only do this if you're double boxing, or if you're with someone who doesn't need/want the extra RP.

2 Lap Race - Rank 55-75

Start a race with 2 or more players on "Criminal Records".

Set it to 2 laps, and as a Standard Race or GTA Race.

Once you pass the first lap, you'll get a load of RP (depending on your rank), and then once you finish, you'll earn the standard amount from the race. The player in first will get the most, while the losers get slightly less. the 2nd (final) lap will not award you any extra points. This can be used at any rank, but is much better at any rank over 50, as you'll be earning a lot of RP from that first lap, almost hitting the cap straight away.

3 Lap Race - Rank 30-55

Same setup as the 2 laps, but with an extra lap.

Make sure to beat your previous best lap to get the bonus again on the 2nd lap. This is where you'll begin to see a notification pop up saying "You have earned the maximun RP for this activity". Once you do, it's time to drop down to 2 laps and then stay there until you reach your desired rank.

4 Lap Race - Rank 25-30

You'll want to drop to this method at the 25-30 mark, as you may begin to lose out on RP if you're racing a 5 lap race. You could also just jump straight to the 3 lap race. It's entirely up to you.

5 Lap Race - Rank 0-25

This seems to work only with 2 people. Same setup as before, but with 5 laps.

With this method, you need to decide who will win the races. Have the winner lead the first 2 laps, ensuring they beat their times each lap, and the loser will lead the next 2, again beating their times. The winner will then win the race on the last lap.

This is a great method to use if you're a low level, as you won't hit the RP cap, but you'll earn a lot of experience while also avoiding the load screens you'll see often in the 2 lap race. It may take a bot of coordination to set this up properly, but keep at it.

Different Rank means different RP

As stated before, the bonuses are based on the Rank you are. The higher your Rank, the more RP you will earn.

It's only showing 540/750/1100 RP at the end. Why isn't it working?

The RP shown at the end is the RP you've earned by finishing the race. The standard RP, if you will. The RP from this "glitch" is earned after the laps (except the last lap). Sometimes, you'll see your RP bar fill up on the screen when you go into the next lap, but occasionally it won't. You need to check your current RP before the end of the lap (press "Down" on the D-Pad), and then check it again after. Because off all the notifications that pop-up, your RP bar may be unavailable so just look at it at the end of the race.

In a normal race, your bar would fill up about 3/4 of a segment. When you get these bonuses, your bar fills up about 2 segments. If you have 2 segements filled, play a 2 lap race and at the end of it, you have 5 segments filled, then it's working.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 10-19-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
This works yo. x

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
so set the race to two laps? then two playerS?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Dela89

RetinalDela's Gamercard
Any other options required??
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blfire View Post
so set the race to two laps? then two playerS?
2 laps minimum, 2 players minimum but we just tried with 3 players and it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela89 View Post
Any other options required??
Not as far as we know so far.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Edited to make more sense.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
I love you guys. How much does second place get? and third place?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
What rank is required for it?
90.13% completion percentage
Last Achievement :I've Seen It All - Titanfall (Xbox One) (25g)
Last 100% Completion : Peggle 2 - Windy Master Pack DLC (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfire View Post
I love you guys. How much does second place get? and third place?
Not sure, the XP you get at the end of the race or the end of the first lap? It's around 3000RP at the end of the lap and 600-1000 for finishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
No rank mate it's a race for fuck sake man. x

**Work of Jardinho**

Last edited by Barad; 10-10-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
Quote:
1 all races rank 1
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
1st - around 1200RP, 2nd around 1000RP, 3rd around 800RP

No rank mate it's a race for fuck sake man. x
Chill ya beans duuuuude....I've seen TDM with rank requirements, Missions etc, so why is races out of the question?
90.13% completion percentage
Last Achievement :I've Seen It All - Titanfall (Xbox One) (25g)
Last 100% Completion : Peggle 2 - Windy Master Pack DLC (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #12
Crimson Ridley

I passed the lap in 2nd place and got about 1950 RP. We're trying to get accurate amounts.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Chill ya beans duuuuude....I've seen TDM with rank requirements, Missions etc, so why is races out of the question?
Nah kidding man, try it out!

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
Dela89

RetinalDela's Gamercard
Could it be the clean lap reward and if so does it change depending on rank and number of players in the game?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela89 View Post
Could it be the clean lap reward and if so does it change depending on rank and number of players in the game?
We're working it out as we go along.

We've noticed a load of popups about overtakes come up, and it keeps saying players have entered first when they haven't, so that may be it.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Added this thread to the Guide. Good work, fellas. I'm coming on soon to boost with ya'll.

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Going off numbers this could now be the fastest way to rank post patch, Ill probly do this to rank 1 - 100 when I get to MP.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
I am going to try this tonight when i get home from work hopefully I can get a second person to do this with!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Dela89

RetinalDela's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
We're working it out as we go along.

We've noticed a load of popups about overtakes come up, and it keeps saying players have entered first when they haven't, so that may be it.
Cool, cool. Nice find btw. Will be doing this when friends eventually come on.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Added this thread to the Guide. Good work, fellas. I'm coming on soon to boost with ya'll.
Hurry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Going off numbers this could now be the fastest way to rank post patch, Ill probly do this to rank 1 - 100 when I get to MP.

Easily the fastest it seems.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Hurry!
Any faster and I'll choke on this sandwich!

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #22
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Any faster and I'll choke on this sandwich!
Man up asshole. x

I'm getting 5100rep a race, this method is underrated for the 60 minutes it's been known.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
bcfc123

I have just been trying this race with a friend i am rank 29 and only receiving 1200xp a race.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfc123 View Post
I have just been trying this race with a friend i am rank 29 and only receiving 1200xp a race.
2 laps? Are you checking the RP after the lap?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

This works in GTA Race as well. Add dat Callum.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
bcfc123

Quote:
2 laps? Are you checking the RP after the lap?
Are all you guys high levels ? I am level 29 so maybe the higher the level the more xp ? I got 1200 xp them tried it twice more and got 675 xp.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfc123 View Post
Are all you guys high levels ? I am level 29 so maybe the higher the level the more xp ? I got 1200 xp them tried it twice more and got 675 xp.
That's your XP for winning or coming 2nd. The 2 - 3k is given as soon as you enter the 2nd lap.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
bcfc123

Quote:
That's your XP for winning or coming 2nd. The 2 - 3k is given as soon as you enter the 2nd lap.
I am going to try this again and I will post back in a few minutes.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
noob school bus

noob schoo1 bus's Gamercard
in a session, no invites please

Last edited by noob school bus; 10-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
bcfc123

Got it going now with 3 friends gone up 2 rank in no time
Closed Thread