PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
DMV
 
DMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 267

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Who's Keeping Up?

It's been a while since I've commented on this forum. That being said I sense the main talk is all the new items that are implemented around the clock, as well as all the new buffs that get added as well. The one I like is Parameter Boost.

Is anyone keeping up with all of them? Because I try to, nowadays I'm experimenting, trying to see what Freeze Crusher do when I put it on my Ice Enchant Effect weapon on my Warrior. I didn't try it yet, I can let you know what it does when I try later today.

And then there was the Guard Attack Up, which I think is for the warrior only (guessing) because Uppercut Power Up is for the Shield Smash, and the Cleric's guard power only is applied in Shield Smash.

And the final implement that was thought about: Archangel achievement. Various people thought Sanctuary worked, when regular heals did the job. But 10,000 heals was definitely a haul that I did in 2 weeks, which I named as my 3rd achievement grind of the year behind Transformers WFC and GOW3.

So my question is the topic, is anyone keeping up with everything?
__________________
No Limit On Achievements, They Can Run But Can't Hide, I Help Everyone As Best As I Can With Them

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Hagane
 
Hagane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vegas'
Posts: 937

Haganeh's Gamercard
I came back to Happy Wars a bit back as well (right before the Zephyr update), been adjusting to Berzerkers dominating offensively, Cleric rushes, etc.

Not much else to say, the current event is one that I don't really like so... hopefully the next one catches my attention. (Not that GTA Online won't be.. ;-; ) Also hoping for the other Cleric class soon, that'd be nice.
__________________

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
DMV
 
DMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 267

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
I came back to Happy Wars a bit back as well (right before the Zephyr update), been adjusting to Berzerkers dominating offensively, Cleric rushes, etc.

Not much else to say, the current event is one that I don't really like so... hopefully the next one catches my attention. (Not that GTA Online won't be.. ;-; ) Also hoping for the other Cleric class soon, that'd be nice.
I meant coming back to the Happy Wars forums, I've been playing the game almost every day since its release last year.
__________________
No Limit On Achievements, They Can Run But Can't Hide, I Help Everyone As Best As I Can With Them

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
UnarmedReaper07
 
UnarmedReaper07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,281

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've been busy with real life and other games lately. I only got 3/4 items from the 1st half of save the king. Well my collection had to perish some day. Some people don't know how to play the special challenge at all.

I heard some great stuff is happening in October. This includes a some stuff, including the "Engineer".
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
DMV
 
DMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 267

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
I've been busy with real life and other games lately. I only got 3/4 items from the 1st half of save the king. Well my collection had to perish some day. Some people don't know how to play the special challenge at all.

I heard some great stuff is happening in October. This includes a some stuff, including the "Engineer".
Deja-vu, right? People don't know how to play the special challenge....

All my items perished about 2 months ago. I reached my capacity of items and sold them all for Happy Stars, now I'm pretty much idle at over 400K stars since I tend to use them for Spawn Stronger all the time.

Been waiting for engineer for who knows how long, all I can guess is that it's another cleric type..... the Berserker's for the warrior, Zephyr for mage.... we'll see when it's implemented.
__________________
No Limit On Achievements, They Can Run But Can't Hide, I Help Everyone As Best As I Can With Them

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
The Nerevarine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 512

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
This game is just about dead and it's all Toylogic's fault.

They had 400% more players in August when they gave away Happy Tickets (80 from McDonald's + Mission Mode tickets) now they're down to 20k because of bullshit like Limited Edition Happy Cards, new weapons that are way more powerful than anything anyone already has, and bots that make Dark Souls look like a children's game and are constantly changing the outcome of games and obliterating the skill-based competitive nature of a multiplayer-only game.

Seriously, I and many others believe that the level 15 bots are ruining Happy Wars completely and thoroughly. Why are there OP bots in multiplayer? What other multiplayer objective-based games have bots? Oh yeah, I know; fucking none.

Toylogic made a great game, and I'm always supportive of a good business model; but they are showing their complete disconnect with fans and spitting in the face of the many people who had heavily invested both time and money into this game over the last two months and it shows. Many teams have quit the game because of this shit and if they don't fix it soon, I honestly hope they crash and burn because I really like the game and would hate to see it die a slow death because Toylogic is so clueless.

Up until September Happy Wars was right up there with Halo and Dark Souls contending for 'my favorite Xbox 360 game' but the way Toylogic has been monkeying with it since has been devastating that notion.

Last edited by The Nerevarine; 10-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
TimespliTT
 
TimespliTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 193

splittmark's Gamercard
i like the game but im still trying to figure out how people kill me with 1 hit when im level 5 and have like 400 more attack power then they do and have several attack buffs

it takes to long to start a match.. i sit for like 5 minutes waiting for the game to ready up 28/29........

and then you get like 500 happy stars for winning a match.. if your going to make things cost more happy stars GIVE me more happy stars.
TimespliTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
DMV
 
DMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 267

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerevarine View Post
This game is just about dead and it's all Toylogic's fault.

Seriously, I and many others believe that the level 15 bots are ruining Happy Wars completely and thoroughly. Why are there OP bots in multiplayer? What other multiplayer objective-based games have bots? Oh yeah, I know; fucking none.

Toylogic made a great game, and I'm always supportive of a good business model; but they are showing their complete disconnect with fans and spitting in the face of the many people who had heavily invested both time and money into this game over the last two months and it shows. Many teams have quit the game because of this shit and if they don't fix it soon, I honestly hope they crash and burn because I really like the game and would hate to see it die a slow death because Toylogic is so clueless.
Are you talking about the special challenges that the bots are OP, because if so, I see why I don't feel the same way as you. I gave up on those type of events simply because of that reason of being sick of OP, all I do is regular matches, even though it kinda ruins my warrior on offense when the bots now know how to smash by double tapping the right trigger.

And the Save the King challenge was multiplayer and objective-based, that didn't have any OP bots.

But I do see where you're coming from. Why I will always play Co-op, maybe a quick match here and there, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimespliTT View Post
i like the game but im still trying to figure out how people kill me with 1 hit when im level 5 and have like 400 more attack power then they do and have several attack buffs

it takes to long to start a match.. i sit for like 5 minutes waiting for the game to ready up 28/29........

and then you get like 500 happy stars for winning a match.. if your going to make things cost more happy stars GIVE me more happy stars.
To be honest, you say you're level 5. So your warrior, cleric, and mage (and berserker and zephyr, if you have them unlocked) doesn't have high stats to begin with, because your weight cap is too low.

My warrior has over 1300 attack with Ice Enchant Effect and Ambush Attack Up Level 3, so I can see me defeating a Level 5 in one hit, especially from behind due to my buff. I think you're thinking of this different. It doesn't matter how much attack you have, or attack buffs, it doesn't translate to your defense and how fast they can defeat you.

Yes, it does take a long time to start a match, Happy Wars still suffers from disconnection issues. Can't really elaborate on that, it's always going to happen.

If you need help surviving, getting achievements, or leveling up, I can help you out, but I'm not doing Quick Match. Co-op only
__________________
No Limit On Achievements, They Can Run But Can't Hide, I Help Everyone As Best As I Can With Them

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved

Last edited by DMV; 10-13-2013 at 03:05 PM.
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
Orange Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CST
Posts: 148

Orng Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
To be honest, you say you're level 5. So your warrior, cleric, and mage (and berserker and zephyr, if you have them unlocked) doesn't have high stats to begin with, because your weight cap is too low.
I'm 90% sure that he's talking about his in-game level, not his overall level.
__________________
If I'm posting stuff, it means that I have nothing to do or that there isn't an anime to watch.
Orange Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
The Nerevarine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 512

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Are you talking about the special challenges that the bots are OP, because if so, I see why I don't feel the same way as you. I gave up on those type of events simply because of that reason of being sick of OP, all I do is regular matches, even though it kinda ruins my warrior on offense when the bots now know how to smash by double tapping the right trigger.

And the Save the King challenge was multiplayer and objective-based, that didn't have any OP bots.

But I do see where you're coming from. Why I will always play Co-op, maybe a quick match here and there, but that's it.
No, Quick Match. Too many times the bots have been the deciding factor between my team and the enemy team with their level-15-perfect-aim-perfect-combo-never-let-you-tap-a-tower-or-build-a-cannon bullshit. When you play to win and the bots simply stop your every move it's pretty fucking annoying.

The bots are better than the players ever since the Berserker update and it's ruined this game for all the competitive players. If you hadn't noticed, the Top 100 League Leaderboard this month is almost all noobies (except a few near the bottom) who are, quite frankly, terrible at Happy Wars and don't belong there. The good players have almost all gone because of the bullshit with the bots, the framerate issues introduced with the Zephyr update, and the lag nonsense that has plagued this game for months. When you slaughter seven human enemies and take the tower they were spawning from, and then two bots show up and kill you without taking a scratch and take the tower back... well, that's when you say "fuck Happy Wars."

For the record, if you don't have a problem with the bots it's probably because you don't play offense. Try building a cannon in front of the enemy castle some time when the other team's bots have the level 15 crap on, or try to take a tower in the middle of the field when the enemy team controls all the towers, and you will see that the bots will simply not let you do it. It's pretty fucking stupid when you have Immortal League games being decided by who lucked out and got the OP bots, versus who gets the dumb-as-shit bots that hang out at the base and build cannons for the enemy team.

Last edited by The Nerevarine; 10-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
Lava Tonsil
 
Lava Tonsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 827

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I get the same issue with bots where i just can't beat them even with my tactically best equipment at level 52. I can only imagine how much worse it gets with a high level team in quick match.
Generally i play special events or co-op as the matchmaking is too frustrating in quick match. If bonus time is on when i'm trying to join a lobby i likely won't get a game.
__________________
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
spletchie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 24

spletchie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
I get the same issue with bots where i just can't beat them even with my tactically best equipment at level 52. I can only imagine how much worse it gets with a high level team in quick match.
Generally i play special events or co-op as the matchmaking is too frustrating in quick match. If bonus time is on when i'm trying to join a lobby i likely won't get a game.
Same here - I'm level 49 and sometimes I'll just be wailing on a bot with my super premium level 10 weapon and his health will barely go down and sometimes it will just freeze in place (even though he's not shielding)- it's just ridiculous. And same thing with getting attacked - super premium level 10 armour, yet I'll still get one-hit killed by a high level bot. At least I spend almost all my time as a Cleric now - doing tactical and hanging back and healing others who are getting their asses kicked instead of me
spletchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
DMV
 
DMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 267

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerevarine View Post
The bots are better than the players ever since the Berserker update and it's ruined this game for all the competitive players. If you hadn't noticed, the Top 100 League Leaderboard this month is almost all noobies (except a few near the bottom) who are, quite frankly, terrible at Happy Wars and don't belong there. The good players have almost all gone because of the bullshit with the bots, the framerate issues introduced with the Zephyr update, and the lag nonsense that has plagued this game for months. When you slaughter seven human enemies and take the tower they were spawning from, and then two bots show up and kill you without taking a scratch and take the tower back... well, that's when you say "fuck Happy Wars."

For the record, if you don't have a problem with the bots it's probably because you don't play offense. Try building a cannon in front of the enemy castle some time when the other team's bots have the level 15 crap on, or try to take a tower in the middle of the field when the enemy team controls all the towers, and you will see that the bots will simply not let you do it. It's pretty fucking stupid when you have Immortal League games being decided by who lucked out and got the OP bots, versus who gets the dumb-as-shit bots that hang out at the base and build cannons for the enemy team.
Sounds like Quick Match turned into a complete nightmare, I mean I wouldn't know of the nightmare, or the League Leaderboard because all I do is Co-op, but I do have those matches where I'm the only experienced one, and I have to at least be a decoy so my team can find their way to the castle. All I do is just unbuild the tower closest to the castle so they don't spawn there, and kill everyone that approaches until I die, it works for the time being, and that's when I have to Spawn Stronger to try to even the odds.

And what do you mean by framerate issues?

By the way, my most hours are the warrior, over 100 hours, and the mage coming up on 80 hours, with the cleric last, around 60 hours. I'm completely offense (off the record trying to break my record of 93 kills in Co-op match). One of the two quests I don't have done is 300 ballista kills, I didn't care for ballistas or cannons since I could get the achievements by working around it. I don't have an issue with the Co-op bots because I keep facing the same teams over and over again to the point where I know of their capabilities just by looking at their names, and know how to attack them. And if my team can't do it, I spawn with Dash Boost, go straight to the castle and wreak havoc for as long as it takes - the only efficient way I have to push the enemy lines back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Man View Post
I'm 90% sure that he's talking about his in-game level, not his overall level.
Oh, I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for clearing that up.
__________________
No Limit On Achievements, They Can Run But Can't Hide, I Help Everyone As Best As I Can With Them

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #14
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 105

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
And what do you mean by framerate issues?
I think he means when someone pulls a Team Skill like Meteor Storm, where the frame rate splits in half and you have to move the camera so the meteors don't show up in your screen. That makes the framerate go a bit smoother. And recently, even tough there's no Team Skill in the screen at all, the framerate goes down for some reason.

Is it just me, or has anyone experienced more lag? When I started the game, there was lag but minimum. Now, I can't do Quick Matches because everyone calls me a "fucker" and wants to report me because they think I'm cheating and my LIVE reputation porcentage went from like 60% to 36%. I think I'll just have to stick to Co-Op or the special events and avoid Quick Match.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #15
The Nerevarine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 512

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
Today's update SPECIFICALLY states that matchmaking is balanced on win/loss records. This proves what my team has suspected all along, that because we win a lot the bots on the other team are insanely OP, and explains why other players don't ever see these bots and don't get the problem.

Ok, so let me explain something to you guys that you may never find out unless you get some really skilled players together and play for months on end. Look at the League Leaderboard -- for the last 4-5 months my friends and I have tried to keep ([league point score] > [games played] x10) while staying in the top 100 -- this isn't quite a 100% W/L but it's close, and if you're over you're even closer (league bonus points skew this number, and tower games do too). If you win all your games, like 98% or so the bots on the other team become gods. The kids with clan tags in their names have never had this problem. El Cartel MX, my team, some of the Japanese teams, and HSU are the only teams in recent months who managed to do this -- all of these teams have since quit playing or fallen-out because of this shit; myself included to some extent.

The bots... they bully, they chase, they harass, and they set-up on the map. They target clerics first, they heal teammates in the blink of an eye (think mid-Rush-juggle or mid-Smash-juggle), they guard towers and cannon spawns like you wouldn't believe, and they basically carry their team to victory unless every single player on your team has their A-game on. They get insane gear with Smash Lv5 and Tactical Lv5 and resistances that very few players would spend to get. They combo you with moves like rock->dash-attack->smash->dash-attack for a near-instant KO. They go to your back, not here and there, just always, they always are trying to move behind you for extra damage. They can respawn in a matter of seconds, and they WILL tap back down any tower you take and leave if you go out solo to tap down spawn towers. They will push on offense without any human players by taking the first spawn tower and hitting your castle gate with anti-material. They will repair their castle gate. They can do things human players are incapable of, like never missing with mage spells, never missing dash attacks, and laser-accuracy with cannons and ballistas. THEY EVEN DO HAPPY MIRACLES ALL BY THEMSELVES. I have seen bots do meteor storms, happy miracles, songs and all manner of team skills without a single human player involved.

A tiny mistake on offense, like dying or taking too long to construct will be a major blow because the bots will hold down a majority of the towers and allow the 7-8 human players on their team to gang up on offense and make you have to battle it out to a loss for 13 minutes. Meanwhile, your ultra-stupid bot teammates are building the enemy flower cannons, stealing the cannon you just built, hitting your wall, or building ballistas where ballistas are not needed.

When the other team gets these bots, we have to adjust our entire strategy to simply eliminate all bots. No humans matter when these bots are around, even the best players you can think of don't compare. This strategy only works when everyone on your team is playing really well.

You know when you fight the mage bots on Co-op in the third-round and they're crazy good? Or the bots in Special Challenge? Imagine if the other team in Quick Match had bots like that and they hunted you and your teammates down because of your stats, insistent on making your stats worse and making you lose.

Now I ask you, how f*ing stupid is that?

I'll try the update for a few days, but it seems that Toylogic just wants to destroy any competitive community they have in this game.

Last edited by The Nerevarine; 11-20-2013 at 07:39 PM.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.