PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > The Da Vinci Disappearance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Hardest/worst missions to get full sync

(semi) SPOILERS WITHIN

For the sake of people like me who would have liked to get the worst missions out of the way first
, I'd like to discuss which missions you hated meeting the 100% sync requirement for and see if there's any sort of general consensus. These are mine.

The Apple of Eden - Escape from the Vaticano district with just the Apple of Eden. Oh yeah, don't lose any health. This is the mission from hell because using the Apple to kill anyone more than once depletes your health, and there are always 20 guards still chasing you.

An Apple a Day - Climb and infiltrate the Castello (with Lucretia's annoying crying in the background), then get all the way across the Vaticano in 4/5 minutes without killing anyone. This is a very close second because you need to become anonymous to finish, and you will repeatedly get spotted in short, narrow alleys where no one could actually see you.

Crepe Il Lupo - Survive your first encounter with Followers of Romulus (and introduction to kill streaks) without losing ANY health. You're immediately surrounded, Ezio starts with his hidden blades selected instead of a sword, and if you skip the cutscene you start out facing AWAY from the first attacker. Fail to counter ONCE and you need to restart.

Gatekeeper - Lower the gates around Bartolomeo's fortress without taking damage. It's the fastest way to get Airstrike, and AS and smoke bombs are a must for me.

Hell on Wheels - Take damage in the tank and you have to restart. This will be one for most everybody, but seeing as how I reacquired the game for the DLC (after "completing" it a month after release) very recently, I knew the "cheat" necessary to beat it and did so first try.

Thief - Young At Heart - A race on rooftops. Not that hard right? It would be easy if it weren't for archer guards who WILL spot you and shoot you at least once if you're not going really fast.

Courtesan - Malpactice - Travel 275 meters, pickpocket an antidote from a doctor (you can't kill him), and then go back the whole way to deliver it to a courtesan in 2:30. To me, impossible without a horse.

Again, this is in hopes it helps somebody get the worst out of the way.

Last edited by CIF; 09-19-2011 at 03:13 AM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
Maiyku

maiyku's Gamercard
Absolutely agree. All those same missions gave me problems when I went for 100% too. The only mission that I think should be on the list is Da Vinci's Flying Machine mission. Seems easy enough, but I always managed to fly directly into those stupid arrows.

Arcade 100% - Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft

Currently Playing: Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs
Maiyku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
SLY JD

xsly jdx's Gamercard
Been a while since I played but I think it's "An Apple a Day"; the guards are quite glitch and don't spawn until you get close to them. You basically have to remember their locations.
SLY JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I haven't tried the Thief and Courtesan missions but the others were very simple.

Hell on Wheels took me two attempts - because I got stuck on the outer wall at the end - and the Apple of Eden missions I managed straight away. The glitch for Hell on Wheels also didn't work for me, so I had to be very lucky fighting the tanks.

The hardest mission for me - surprisingly - was Sequence 4, Memory 1 where you have to infiltrate the Costello (I believe this is what it is called) and confront Lucretia without being detected. For some reason, a guard managed to see me from the ground when I was almost at the top. He did this 3 times before the game decided that I could pass.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
xvictor360

xvictor360's Gamercard
Hell on Wheels took me about 3 hours and about 9 tries to get the 100% Same thing on An Apple a day D:

Completly agree with this list
xvictor360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvictor360 View Post
Hell on Wheels took me about 3 hours and about 9 tries to get the 100% Same thing on An Apple a day D:

Completly agree with this list

Well that's not too bad IMO...I have logged like 20+ hours on that mission alone (trying for full sync), and more attempts than I could possibly count. Got to be at least a hundred by now. I'm not the most skilled gamer, so the "challenging" missions are even more so for me. Needless to say H.O.W. is the only thing standing between me and il Principe achievement...dammit, I WILL conquer that freakin' mission if it takes me 'till I'm 70!!!
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just did the 'Gatekeeper' mission. Took me 3 tries. One thing that really sucks about these missions, the first time I tried it I used the Arrow Attack, got hit a minute later, then everytime I went to restart memory, the arrow attack isn't refreshed... it's still building back up. That makes things even more tricky.

Ok. I'm done w/ all the Sequences now. Phew. I wanted to point out an easy way to get the guys off your back in 'An Apple a Day' is just before you get the location you need to get to... throw a smoke bomb. This will 'peel' all the enemies off of you and then run inside the building and voila. Easy as pie.

Last edited by Eggnogga; 12-11-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
beefence

beefence's Gamercard
i seem to have a prob with the flying machine as well -but it seems to be easier when i changed the controlls for inversion .... Hope this helps
Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
nikobruchev

Niko Bruchev's Gamercard
Thanks, I'll have to try that, i can't seem to get full sync on the flying machine mission either.
nikobruchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
UltraAmoeba

UltraAmoeba's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
The Apple of Eden - Escape from the Vaticano district with just the Apple of Eden. Oh yeah, don't lose any health. This is the mission from hell because using the Apple to kill anyone more than once depletes your health, and there are always 20 guards still chasing you.
I didn't have too much trouble with this.
I just ran straight for the nearest rooftop and hopped to the river running around the Vatican. Got it on my second try.

Quote:
An Apple a Day - Climb and infiltrate the Castello (with Lucretia's annoying crying in the background), then get all the way across the Vaticano in 4/5 minutes without killing anyone. This is a very close second because you need to become anonymous to finish, and you will repeatedly get spotted in short, narrow alleys where no one could actually see you.
Totally agree with this one. Mainly because I had a real need to kill everyone I met though so I would get myself in unnecessary trouble.

Quote:
Crepe Il Lupo - Survive your first encounter with Followers of Romulus (and introduction to kill streaks) without losing ANY health. You're immediately surrounded, Ezio starts with his hidden blades selected instead of a sword, and if you skip the cutscene you start out facing AWAY from the first attacker. Fail to counter ONCE and you need to restart.
Don't agree with this one. If you use the Small Weapon and Throwing Knives you can Kill Streak all the wolf men by holding X between each kill rather than tapping it.
You seem to be invincible during these kill sequences so you can just keep holding X and kill them all without worry of anything.

Quote:
Gatekeeper - Lower the gates around Bartolomeo's fortress without taking damage. It's the fastest way to get Airstrike, and AS and smoke bombs are a must for me.
Again I used the Small Weapon and Throwing Knives Counter animation to be 'invincible' to kill all the guards.
By this time I had a pouch of 25 Knives so I could kill 51 before running out. It covered all the guards nicely.

Quote:
Hell on Wheels - Take damage in the tank and you have to restart. This will be one for most everybody, but seeing as how I reacquired the game for the DLC (after "completing" it a month after release) very recently, I knew the "cheat" necessary to beat it and did so first try.
If the 'cheat' you're talking about is the sit the tank just outside the de-synchronization zone so you can't take damage but can be hit then YES! This is an absolute lifesaver.

Quote:
Thief - Young At Heart - A race on rooftops. Not that hard right? It would be easy if it weren't for archer guards who WILL spot you and shoot you at least once if you're not going really fast.
Totally agree. I would always jump into Hay piles rather than across the required rooftop!

Quote:
Courtesan - Malpractice - Travel 275 meters, pickpocket an antidote from a doctor (you can't kill him), and then go back the whole way to deliver it to a courtesan in 2:30. To me, impossible without a horse.
Again agree. But I didn't need a horse for this, I think I just got lucky.

my signature.
lol.

UltraAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
J.Waddo

WaDiNhO x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Have to say, I thought 'Gatekeeper' was really easy to get 100% sync on, I just went round the place on a horse killing the french then lowered the gates as soon as the area around them was clear!

J.Waddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I gave up on these and aren't even going to waste my aggravation on doing 100% sync.

Too many times I have trouble with the platforming when in the dungeons (it would jump to climb a wall and then fall 2 stories to the floor rather than simply grabbing the hand-hold 4 inches away...this was especially bad for the missions you couldn't take any damage on) or trying to run across the rooftops in a hurry to beat a timed event and end up diving off into a random haystack somewhere.

Some people can get the controls just fine. I can't. They feel too loose to me and it ends up doing things I don't want it to do. Also, 3-D platforming in a 2-D game always messes me up since you need to jump at an angle you can't really gauge too well.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
Lotrek

Lotrek's Gamercard
'An apple a day' I found it easy to climb to the top of the Castello than avoided the 1 guide at the top then just climbed down the opposite side and straight through the way.

'The apple of Eden' avoid the guards and quickly leave the starting area than turn right and run over the wall. There should be Cardinals here on horses, mount one and then keeping yourself to the right side of the map make your way to the water, jump in the water and just swim away.

'Young at heart' is proving to be a right bitch for me even using my assassins to kill the guards that shoot you.

The lair of Romulas where its in a crypt and you've gotta do it under 8 is a right c**t I find myself doing well on time than get to the part where the followers show up then I run out of time.
Lotrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
bchay2508

bchay2508's Gamercard
100% rage

I spent soooo many hours on hell on wheels before i found out bout the 'cheat'
bchay2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #15
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Waddo View Post
Have to say, I thought 'Gatekeeper' was really easy to get 100% sync on, I just went round the place on a horse killing the french then lowered the gates as soon as the area around them was clear!
I was WTFing the first couple tries on this mission-- then I remembered I have smoke bombs: drop one in front of each wheel and just run clear of all the troops in between.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 AM   #16
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have to agree on "Hell on Wheels" and "Young at Heart".

It took me 5-6 tries to get "Hell on Wheels", and the most annoying thing is that you have to replay it from all the way in the beginning if you get hit once. I really hated that mission! (Or getting 100% Sync in it)

"Young at Heart" was horrible. It took me 10+ tries until I found a good route and managed it. Damn crossbow Borgia suckers!

The rest wasn't too difficult imo, just the controls sometimes really got to me. I somehow had the feeling that they were worse than in AC 2. During fights it would constantly lock onto the wrong person and sometimes Ezio decides to do really weird jump that he better shouldn't do

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #17
mirotana

archibald jnr's Gamercard
I agree with this list. I gave up trying to do the 'young at heart' thief mission. Is it just me or do the races in this game seem more random, in the previous AC games they seemed to flow better but I felt like this one in particular you kind of just have to jump from rooftops and hope for the best without a distinct route..? But now I've realised I still have 3 other thief missions to do that wont show until I complete this one... Ugh
mirotana is offline   Reply With Quote