PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Wolf Among Us > Episode 1: Faith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
SPOILERS, Opinions, Commentary HERE

Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.
I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.
The combat was much tougher than in the TWD. Love the change.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard
I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Blue Thunder28

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
I loved this a lot. Picked up a few issues of the comic when this was announced and the wait for Episode 2 will be so hard I'll have to buy more issues.. maybe watch that Once Upon a Time show too haha. I love this game so much.

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one
Ahh you are so right Yac. I messed up often in the fight sequences because I was thinking of the delay times we had in TWD. Damn even with all my mistakes I was able to "finish" the sequences. Huge step up in the gameplay for me though. I was definitely impressed.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

Send a message via AIM to XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

xCursiNxMayheMx's Gamercard
I really enjoyed this first episode and I can't wait for more. I in no way saw what happened coming as I'm sure no one else really did either and that's what I loved about it.

I'm going to have to look into the stories that this is based off of now to hold me over till the next episode arises.
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
stianpuz

stianpuz's Gamercard
Almost at a loss for words how great and well put together this whole game is both visually, story wise, charachter development wise and everything inbetween. I mean jesus, super excited for next episode. Cannot wait!
stianpuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX View Post
I really enjoyed this first episode and I can't wait for more. I in no way saw what happened coming as I'm sure no one else really did either and that's what I loved about it.

I'm going to have to look into the stories that this is based off of now to hold me over till the next episode arises.
Most people wouldn't see it coming because it was billed as a prequel. If it was the end could never have happened so I wasn't really a fan of that, pretty cheap.

Overall it was good though.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #10
Hosscat

PaganPegasus's Gamercard
Unless the "Smoke and Mirrors' in part two come into play
Hosscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #11
THE DEADLY DOG

I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
After TWD, I was wondering how this would pan out. It seems as though Telltale listened to some of the criticisms (not that there were many!) and worked on improving them for this. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.
3000th ~ 'File R-06: Status - Closed', Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, 03/19/13

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by I X I Shock I View Post
Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.
Or the Faith commentary was tragic as well. Lolol

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I X I Shock I View Post
Same. It has screwed me over a few times as it seems to have trouble reading the fact that I press a button prompt on time, yet, I somehow fail it.

Love everything about the game though - the art style, the soundtrack, the writing etc. I was enjoying it so much that the end scene of episode 1 gave me the chills. Bring on the next episode I say. In the mean time though, i'm just going to do a seperate save file and just be a real big bad wolf and just be an ass to everyone, see how it goes.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
Just finished episode 1. The story is great and I will be getting each new episode the day it comes out. Based on the posts I've seen here all the players really seem to sympathize with the characters and that's pretty impressive given that the episode takes only an hour or two, tops.

I also agree with what a lot of people said about the action sequences. It can be frustrating because whether or not you get the button prompts correct, Bigsby will get smacked around or be put at a disadvantage but that's because it was supposed to happen story wise to make a dramatic fight. I thought I had lost both fights and the chase sequence and would have to load but I got to through each time OK. This makes it seem like doing well in the sequences doesn't have much of a consequence.

But same thing about Walking Dead, this game isn't about great puzzles or actions sequences, it's all about story and atmosphere which it does very, very well.

Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
Hosscat

PaganPegasus's Gamercard
Quote:
Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.
Hosscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.
Absolutely agree, and for that reason I am curious and addicted. Sold to another gamer lol!

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I wish the game told me what what analog stick to press. I was hitting both the sticks to just be sure. Story was good though.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #20
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
I wish the game told me what what analog stick to press. I was hitting both the sticks to just be sure. Story was good though.
You know that's a great point I hadn't even thought of. You could really get stuck and get the short end of the stuck in any given action sequence because of that.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #21
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
You know, that's totally something I could see. I mean, Woody survived an axe getting stuck in his brain and looked fine the next day. Who's to say a decapitation would truly kill a Fable. I can't remember what show/movie it was (Supernatural comes to mind first) they had said the only true way to kill a Fable was to have everyone stop believing in it. Never read the comics, so I don't know if the same rules apply, but it's an interesting theory.

Although, with the way everyone was acting, I'd say it's more likely the contrary. Snow, The Prince, and Faith are all dead. Any guesses on who did it? Personally, with them talking about a serial killing Fable, only one I can think of is The Headless Horseman.
3000th ~ 'File R-06: Status - Closed', Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, 03/19/13

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
When doing a Let's Play of this I was talking about how Snow would be my new Clementine. That death was a bad blow...
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 View Post
When doing a Let's Play of this I was talking about how Snow would be my new Clementine. That death was a bad blow...
I'm hoping for some super deep twist that will change the course of the game and bring back some of my loved ones. Ha.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #24
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
I really love the idea of glamours covering the fable story characters... also it's like "growing up" since my childhood knew the characters from the fables and now my adulthood sees them cursing and killing each other. it's so awesome. If you don't have this game, then you are missing out a lot.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Onyx Destiny

Send a message via Skype™ to Onyx Destiny

Onyx Destiny's Gamercard
Not going to lie, i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, cannot wait for the next episode, bought the season pass well worth the money.

WILL BOOST ACHIEVEMENTS
MESSAGE ME

100% 360 Retail - 2
100% 360 Arcade - 4
100% One Retail - 0
Onyx Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #26
Devil Sora

Send a message via AIM to Devil Sora Send a message via MSN to Devil Sora

Devil Sora's Gamercard
That's an excellent point about the Headless Horseman being the killer seeing as to how the MO involves severed heads.

Me personally I think it's Wolf who is doing the killing subconsciously. It's only a guess but with a title like "The Wolf Among Us." Nothing would surprise me at this point.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Grendal is brought up when you save Prince Lawrence. He comes to the conclusion that Faith is dead and curses his name. . . . ponder that for awhile.

Also my theory as to why Faith can't be seen in the Mirror is because of the enchantment on her. I found the phrase "These lips are sealed" (said by both the mirror and Faith) to be very cryptic.
Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.
------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Devil Sora; 10-15-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Devil Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #27
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
was thinking the same thing. mostly cause of the fact that Snow is a main character in the comics and her and Bigby apparently have a thing for each other at some point. i havent read the books but i read the cliff notes of them. basically it doesnt seem like they would up and kill her off so early, there's definitely something going on. perhaps they cloned the 2 girls somehow and cut their heads off.

i also feel like you will have the chance to have Woody help you later on, as even though he's kind of a creep, i dont think he's the one that cut the heads off of Faith and Snow (or whoever they are if its not actually them).

Last edited by shinobigarth; 10-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #28
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Can someone say what happens if you save Prince Lawrence before investigating Toad? I did the opposite and found out that Toad had a break in, and I found that Prince Lawrence had shot himself after Dum told him that Faith was murdered.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
At first, I was going to skip this game and wait for the 2nd season of TWD and I'm sure glad I didn't. Sure the framerate at times slowed the pace of the game down, but overall, an enjoyable experience. I like the change of the combat system from TWD to this, it had made the combat a bit more challenging. I hope that this new combat style is implemented into TWD as well.

Even though he wasn't an choice, I think that Ichabod Crane could also be the murderer because of his experience with the headless horseman.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #30
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I LOVED this game!! Never heard of the the book or comic it is based on. Very well presented. Cant wait for the next episodes. I was kinda shocked at the end by the death of snow white. I would love to see them do a breaking bad game. Would be epic!!