Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #1
LegendaryBoat

LegendaryBoat02's Gamercard
Exclamation Your account needs to be more secure

Recently when I sign in to xbox live I sometimes get a message that says my account needs to be more secure. I already recieved a verification code via phone and yet about a month later I get the message again. I can still sign in and play online so far but I'm really worried that they will block my account or something. So if anyone knows if they would lock my account or anything or what to do It would be greatly appreciated.

Ok thanks to all of you as I'm not a tech person so I wasn't sure. I've been stressing about this for a while so it's nice to know they won't block my account and once again thanks to all of you guys.

Last edited by LegendaryBoat; 10-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.
LegendaryBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Slaughter XBA
Merry Thanksgiving!

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Future questions about the Xbox 360/Xbox Live should go HERE.

They won't lock your account for something as silly as that.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I get the same message at least once a week. You're not going to get blocked for rejecting it.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #4
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I get the same message at least once a week. You're not going to get blocked for rejecting it.
Same here, I have added 3 emails, my cell phone, and my mom's phone and it still wants more. So I just reject them over and over again, been doing that for the last couple months. Nothing will happen for rejecting them.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
LegendaryBoat

Ok thank you guys so much, I'm not a tech person so I've been stressing about this for a while but once again thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Hughes83

Hughes83's Gamercard
It happens to me, too. I gave my two phone numbers and an email, it always wants more, so I just reject it and I'm fine. It asks it to me once a week, more or less.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
It is annoying because it pops up every time I sign in. But from what I have read (here and elsewhere[plus my halfhearted attempts to shut it up ]) there seems to be nothing anyone can do other then reject it every time (which gets old fast)

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
sufc47

HandsomeRapier's Gamercard
I have given email,home phone and mobile number, it still pops up wanting more.I just reject it.
sufc47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Ugh, this CRAP I swear. Even if you go through the hassle of verifying all of this crap with them sometime later it will pop up again. And if you back out, it signs you out so you have to sign back in to get passed the stupid thing (sometimes that doesn't even work).
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Ugh, this CRAP I swear. Even if you go through the hassle of verifying all of this crap with them sometime later it will pop up again. And if you back out, it signs you out so you have to sign back in to get passed the stupid thing (sometimes that doesn't even work).
Most of the time signing out then back in will get you past it, that time. Or at least it has for me.

Just wondering, has anyone talked to MS about this?

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Yeah, this recently started happening to me every time I signed in even though I had already entered the information. I found out you have to go to xbox.com and verify the info and after I did that it hasn't been an issue anymore.
TemporalWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
LegendaryBoat

Could you tell me just where and how I would do so? It would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryBoat View Post
Could you tell me just where and how I would do so? It would be appreciated.
xbox.com should prompt you to verify the info as soon as you sign in with your account info.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I think it was xbox.com/proof or maybe proofs I'm not totally sure.
TemporalWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #15
LegendaryBoat

Ok yeah I just found out where and verified it so hopefully it will be all good now. thanks for the help.