PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Wolf Among Us > Episode 1: Faith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 View Post
Can someone say what happens if you save Prince Lawrence before investigating Toad? I did the opposite and found out that Toad had a break in, and I found that Prince Lawrence had shot himself after Dum told him that Faith was murdered.
despite the game telling me I "failed to save prince Lawrence" I don't think you can, as the first time I went to Toad but then I replayed the chapter and went to him first and he was dead before I even got there, no laying on the ground still barely alive, just dead in his chair
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #32
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
despite the game telling me I "failed to save prince Lawrence" I don't think you can, as the first time I went to Toad but then I replayed the chapter and went to him first and he was dead before I even got there, no laying on the ground still barely alive, just dead in his chair
Most interesting. I'm getting different turn of events after you search the house.

Edit: Yac did you simply quit out when you thought you found him dead?

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 10-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.
THE DEADLY DOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
Xynthes

Xynthes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
Did you play through the chapter or quit after finding him dead in the chair. For me I went to Prince Lawrence first and it starts off with him seemingly dead but then revives after you've searched/looked through everything.

I even told him Faith had been killed and prevented him from killing himself while Dee was searching the place. Then again that scene doesn't really play out too well, you try getting out of the closet and he just falters in the process of trying to shoot himself. Bigby chases Dee and from what I can tell Snow leaves at the same time so I don't really see what was to stop him from killing himself after you both left. My stats claimed that I saved Prince Lawrence.
Xynthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
Ah, Lawrence died on mine as I went to toad first.

I loved the game, but I'll be honest, if any of the two girls aren't truly dead, I hope it's faith. I preferred her to snow.

Either way, loved it. Who knows what will happen, they can go anywhere with make believe. Maybe they're dead, maybe they ain't..
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Killer BEA for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #35
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Here's to hoping they aren't dead.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #36
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Here's to hoping they aren't dead.
The game is too dark and gritty for them to both not be dead. And if one is alive, we wont know til episode 5.

The whole basis is that the fables are dark and have monstrous sides....even e noble woodsman is turned into a 'piece of shit'. I don't think they will give tis game a happily ever after by keeping them alive.
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g

Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #37
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Snow can't be dead anyway so there is definitely something bigger at play.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #38
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
Snow can't be dead anyway so there is definitely something bigger at play.
can't? State your source. I don't think the game HAS to take the routes of the comics.

Your probably right, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #39
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
The game is too dark and gritty for them to both not be dead. And if one is alive, we wont know til episode 5.

The whole basis is that the fables are dark and have monstrous sides....even e noble woodsman is turned into a 'piece of shit'. I don't think they will give tis game a happily ever after by keeping them alive.
Sadly I tend to agree with you. There goes my happy ending lol.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #40
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Does somebody else think Snow and Faith look like twins?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #41
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Quote:
can't? State your source. I don't think the game HAS to take the routes of the comics.

Your probably right, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Source 1
Source 2

Both state the game is 'in canon'

Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #42
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Source 1
Source 2

Both state the game is 'in canon'
I do believe this is cause for a YIPPIE moment.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #43
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

I just don't see why they'd let us know the death isn't real by doing it this way.

Kinda sucks.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Quote:
I just don't see why they'd let us know the death isn't real by doing it this way.

Kinda sucks.
It's actually pretty friggin genius tbh, they have managed to pull off a story that can grab your attention right outta the gate no matter what your experience with the prior material is.

It has the intrigue angle covered for people who know more about the books, as in given what we know about Snow how much can we trust what we think we know about Faith.

And for people who have no experience with the books it has the shock value going for it.

Either way it has the ability to hook you in and we know there is going to be some pretty decent plot twists for both parties.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #45
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
It's actually pretty friggin genius tbh, they have managed to pull off a story that can grab your attention right outta the gate no matter what your experience with the prior material is.

It has the intrigue angle covered for people who know more about the books, as in given what we know about Snow how much can we trust what we think we know about Faith.

And for people who have no experience with the books it has the shock value going for it.

Either way it has the ability to hook you in and we know there is going to be some pretty decent plot twists for both parties.
Yeah no kidding. Opening, hook, line, and sinker and here we go buying their season pass haha.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Why'd they kill Snow She was beautiful and I thought she could have become a strong female character!

What a game. I am so glad I bought I last night. Truly amazing!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #47
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Why'd they kill Snow She was beautiful and I thought she could have become a strong female character!

What a game. I am so glad I bought I last night. Truly amazing!
I preferred faith ten times over.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #48
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

All the women belong to the big bad wolf?

YES!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #49
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
I preferred faith ten times over.
I could see why, assuming that it's because she was "mysterious" and her lips were sealed to reveal who she was.

Either way, seems like whoever Bigby grows fond of dies...I could only expect the next woman he start talking to, dies as well!

And what the hell was Beauty up to? Too suspicious for my liking.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #50
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
Does anyone think Beauty looks a lot like this character from True Blood?

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #51
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I could see why, assuming that it's because she was "mysterious" and her lips were sealed to reveal who she was.

Either way, seems like whoever Bigby grows fond of dies...I could only expect the next woman he start talking to, dies as well!

And what the hell was Beauty up to? Too suspicious for my liking.
Yes, the beauty thing has my interest as well.

Hmmm....

Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #52
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Yes, the beauty thing has my interest as well.

Hmmm....
I feel like there will be some conflict coming up with Beauty/Beast and Bigby depending on how you reacted to Beauty.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #53
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
Major spoiler (maybe?)

Uhm, I'm not sure what to think of Snow's "death". I read that this was a prequel to the comic in some previews and that the story actually had to be accepted by the creator. I never read the comics, but from glancing over some comments it seems like she is alive and fine in them ... so that scene would make no sense and is actually kinda weak as a cliffhanger for people who know the comic. It's like "killing" Batman after 10 minutes in a Batman movie.

Or am I missing something and she could really be dead? I mean killing off two hot chicks day one, come on, that'd be cruel.

Still, really good game, as I said i don't know it's source material, but the premise and setting is insanely good, even better than TWD. Hope this doesn't turn into a 08/15 serial killer hunt with some fairytale lore stuffed in it. Would really like to see more of this "world" and its characters. I really loved the music as well.

But I have to admit I'd like to have some sort of evolution on how your choices affect the story in future games like that. I know that it would be really difficult to write a game with so many story branches, but if delivered well I think it should be a success as well.

Last edited by Schreckofant; 10-21-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #54
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
Does Snow die in every play through no matter what kind of choices you make? Her death really bummed me out

Beautiful game, not even the horrible framerate issues could ruined it for me. Well worth the price and I can't wait for episode 2.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #55
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Does Snow die in every play through no matter what kind of choices you make? Her death really bummed me out

Beautiful game, not even the horrible framerate issues could ruined it for me. Well worth the price and I can't wait for episode 2.
Every playthrough no matter what.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #56
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game was awesome and I've never heard of the comics before this but now I'd like to read them. I loved the color palette in this game and really enjoyed the story. I pretty much have nothing but praise for this and The Walking Dead as far as story telling goes. And now for the bad part...

Telltale really needs to get these lag issues under control once and for all. They've made too many games with the same technical issues for it to be ignored anymore. An automatic three points off your final review score from now until it's fixed rule needs to be imposed across the internet or something. Great game, fix the lag, it's inexcusable. These are short little episodic games, they should play as smooth as silk. You could name a hundred other games that are a million times more technically complicated with dozens of hours of voice tracks that don't have these problems. The worst part of it is that it always seems to kick into high gear at crucial points in the story. I had my game freeze on the screen when I had to choose between Toad and The Prince and then I thought my console was going to start smoking during the fight with Gren when the framerate bottomed out with lag. Disruptive is an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I X I Shock I View Post
Any guesses on who did it? Personally, with them talking about a serial killing Fable, only one I can think of is The Headless Horseman.
The Headless Horseman was pictured in that Fables book of characters you go through in Crane's office before you talk to the mirror. He was behind Crane on his horse in the picture but there was no option to highlight him for a backstory. Could be a good guess. I'm sure it'll be a twist whoever it is, Telltale did a decent job with the twist with the guy from The Walking Dead at the end. That guy never even occurred to me.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 10-26-2013 at 06:07 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 AM   #57
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
I don't know about anyone else, but when Faith mentioned her ribbon it reminded me of an old fairy tale. A woman wears a ribbon her entire life. She falls in love with a man, they marry, and grow old together. He keeps asking her about the ribbon, but she refuses to take it off. One day he takes it off while she's asleep, and her head falls off. In some versions, when he ties her head back on she comes back alive. Though how that ties into the Donkeyskin tale, I have no idea.

Second question: Who kills Lawrence? Tweedle Dee says he shot himself when he learned Faith was dead, but if you inspect the gun it says it hasn't been fired for at least a week. A mistake, or a clue? Bigby doesn't seem to focus on it.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NShepherd N7 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but when Faith mentioned her ribbon it reminded me of an old fairy tale. A woman wears a ribbon her entire life. She falls in love with a man, they marry, and grow old together. He keeps asking her about the ribbon, but she refuses to take it off. One day he takes it off while she's asleep, and her head falls off. In some versions, when he ties her head back on she comes back alive. Though how that ties into the Donkeyskin tale, I have no idea.

Second question: Who kills Lawrence? Tweedle Dee says he shot himself when he learned Faith was dead, but if you inspect the gun it says it hasn't been fired for at least a week. A mistake, or a clue? Bigby doesn't seem to focus on it.
Well if you go to Lawrence's first he is still alive when Bigby leaves, but if you go to Toad's first, it's up in the air how he died.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #59
HaloMonkey

HaloMonkey3009's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really hope Snow and Faith, mainly Snow though, aren't dead. I was really disappointed when Snow died because I really liked her as a character. Faith seems too mysterious to actually be dead as well...
I guess we'll have to wait till later episodes to find out. Whenever they come out.

HaloMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #60
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloMonkey View Post
I really hope Snow and Faith, mainly Snow though, aren't dead. I was really disappointed when Snow died because I really liked her as a character. Faith seems too mysterious to actually be dead as well...
I guess we'll have to wait till later episodes to find out. Whenever they come out.
I am 100% with you on the Snow statement. Wait we must.