PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #211
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Why do 2 laps until rank 90? If you know the RP received at the end of the race is included in the 5000 cap per race you should know to change to 1 lap around rank 75. At 75 the bonus you get is 3850 then you'll get around 1000 at the end even if you finish 2nd. You really think its worth doing a second lap for 300 RP at the most?
I was only testing things as I did them, and may not have calculated it all correctly. There's nicer ways of saying that you think I should change something, you know?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #212
sr1

SR1 UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ridley View Post
I was only testing things as I did them, and may not have calculated it all correctly. There's nicer ways of saying that you think I should change something, you know?
1 lap = rp

2 laps = maximum rp gained message..

2 laps it is....happy days..

I dont browse sony pish 3 forums so i thank you for bringing this to us...many hours of life saved in ranking up..
Old 10-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #213
J Lo

VictimOfDesire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This isn't working for me. Only getting around 1500 XP by the time the race ends. My friend and I are both lvl 36 and we have the race set up correctly on 3 laps...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #214
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lo View Post
This isn't working for me. Only getting around 1500 XP by the time the race ends. My friend and I are both lvl 36 and we have the race set up correctly on 3 laps...
Are you checking your RP bar during the race?

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #215
Acediazz

I'm here looking for help, i just can not get it to work for me. Every time i do it with someone else it works for them.

I've tried reinstalling the update, i've tried changing crews, i've tried using a different gamertag, and a different xbox, i've tried using a new character. I've tried using a custom car, I've tried both players stock, I've tried one person getting first then the other. I've tried constantly streamlining.

I really want to get this to work before it gets patched. I originally started trying as a rank 24, the guy i was with got 28-38 while i got 24-28.

I deleted that guy and made a new one to attempt to reset my personal best. ( i discovered later that didn't matter)

Yes i have the setting correct as its working for other people.

Yes, im beating my first lap time (kinda hard not to)

No, im not crashing.

Please, any help is appreciated, i don't know what else to try

Last edited by Acediazz; 10-20-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #216
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
done this a lot today, really boring but i may aswell do it

4 more levels to go until im lvl 100 then get 2 more achievements then im done with this game until bank hesists/DLC

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #217
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
done this a lot today, really boring but i may aswell do it

4 more levels to go until im lvl 100 then get 2 more achievements then im done with this game until bank hesists/DLC
No love for the minigun?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #218
J Lo

VictimOfDesire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Are you checking your RP bar during the race?
Yes and after the end RP, I'm only getting around 1500 RP at most.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #219
Acediazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lo View Post
Yes and after the end RP, I'm only getting around 1500 RP at most.

I'm in the same boat as you, from watching youtube videos, it seems the bonus that people are recieving that gives the large rp is called "fastest lap"

This is not to be mistaken with "personal best"

I did a solo race on personal and noticed it said my personal record was 01:21 seconds, which is the world record.

So i started a race and had it set to world record, i beat my old lap record which was 25 seconds, lets just say i got 24.

Started one up with it set to personal and it showed my current record as 25 (old fastest lap)

So i thought i had found the key, but! it did not work, and now it has reverted back to 01:21 when i do personal. So I'm kind of flustered at this point.

I tried a different map and noticed it said my personal record was again the world record. So not really mine, this was also a map that i had never played.

Maybe this info can help someone deduce what is going on. I desperately want to do this before it is patched.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #220
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
No love for the minigun?
nah, i cant be bothered to sit through ciminal records for another 20 levels, most of the laps i dont get that big boost of xp anyway so its taking a lot longer to level up.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 10-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #221
Acediazz

i got it working, since my last attempt ive done a few things

i maxed car mods

i bought an apartment

I did some missions

Unlocked ability to do quick survival

i completed some cutscenes. In particular, one i didn't have on my old character but do now, was the cutscene with Ron and the Bald guy in the trailer.

Coincidence? i don't know, but im just reporting what has changed.

UPDATE

Hello, reporting in again.

Just hosted a lobby where it did not work, and i was doing it for a while yesterday no problem.

So I redid a lobby and changed a few things

I had 3 cars that were destroyed, 1 of them was already destroyed before.

So i got the 2 newer ones out, requested delivery but mechanic couldn't make it

I joined a public server. The time it did not work was on an invite only session.

None of my personal cars were out of the garage

I changed all the settings and closed the lobby before inviting the second player.

Hope this helps, either way just reporting what i see.

Last edited by Acediazz; 10-23-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #222
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
How long would it take for me to go from lvl 62 to 100 using this method?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #223
1mpr3gn4t0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYvsPSYCHO View Post
How long would it take for me to go from lvl 62 to 100 using this method?
For me, it's been taking 15mins to go up a level. You want to go up 38 levels, so that would make it 9.5 hours.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #224
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mpr3gn4t0r View Post
For me, it's been taking 15mins to go up a level. You want to go up 38 levels, so that would make it 9.5 hours.
Drove some races on CR yesterday and went from 62 to 69 in 1 hour.

pretty boring but doable!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #225
xX Element

xX EIement's Gamercard
anyone wanna do this race with me now lvl 73 right now
Old 11-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #226
Alphaqsilly

Is there a reason why for higher ranks it gives you the max rp after one lap and for lower ranks you have to do more laps to get the max rp?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #227
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqsilly View Post
Is there a reason why for higher ranks it gives you the max rp after one lap and for lower ranks you have to do more laps to get the max rp?
What a pointless question.
Simply - as said many many times before - you get less XP the lower level you are.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #228
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Fuck doing this for 9.5 hours lol. Just play missions and do different races.

Might not be quite as fast, but at least it doesn't make you want to slit your wrists.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #229
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post
Fuck doing this for 9.5 hours lol. Just play missions and do different races.

Might not be quite as fast, but at least it doesn't make you want to slit your wrists.
You see, that depends on the kind of friends you have to keep you entertained.

If you think this is boring, you've obviously never played an RPG and had to do some serious level grinding. For that matter, you've probably never spent any length of time grinding many achievements. This is nowhere near as bad as some other stuff.

I was much happier grinding this than I was listening to Max Payne complain about Passos over and over again during my NYMHC run.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:46 AM   #230
Rokzar

Rokzar's Gamercard
Started doing this at Rank 18 or so, and now that I'm 25. Three-Bit Gangster achievement didn't pop. Anyone have similar issues?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #231
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokzar View Post
Started doing this at Rank 18 or so, and now that I'm 25. Three-Bit Gangster achievement didn't pop. Anyone have similar issues?
Attain another level or complete a mission. The game doesn't quite know you're rank 25 yet. Just like the platinum medals; I had to get 31 for the achievement to pop.

On a side note, I'm rank 83 after starting about two weeks ago at rank 31. It's intense. Basically on the home stretch before Ghosts comes out and breaks my concentration.

Completions: 44
Completion Percentage: 99.92%
Old 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #232
ServeChilled

Quote:
You see, that depends on the kind of friends you have to keep you entertained.

If you think this is boring, you've obviously never played an RPG and had to do some serious level grinding. For that matter, you've probably never spent any length of time grinding many achievements. This is nowhere near as bad as some other stuff.

I was much happier grinding this than I was listening to Max Payne complain about Passos over and over again during my NYMHC run.
I think we can then assume he passed on Seriously 3.0

All depends on how bad you want it I guess...

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four

Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #233
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Cool

As much as i enjoy getting experience from criminal records, i have went from level 32 to 92 in two weekends from doing Down The Drain. It has decent experience and brings in a lot more money then criminal records. Me personally would rather earn my money fast and my exp fairly fast, because after level 120 does it even matter? Crazy thing happened last night, i saw a level 302 in a race and almost shit myself, thinking how the hell is that possible. I think with how long the game has been out, im ok with where i stand. So if you want a race that gives you good money plus good exp, Down the Drain is my first choice and then The Commute. both only like a minute and 30 seconds for 1 lap race.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #234
xX Element

xX EIement's Gamercard
looking for a boosting partner now for criminal. im level 88. xX EIement
Old 11-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #235
Alphaqsilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
What a pointless question.
Simply - as said many many times before - you get less XP the lower level you are.
I wasn't gonna bother reading through all 8 pages. Thanks for answering my question and saving me the hassle.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #236
peterjharrison

Levelledup's Gamercard
Rank Boosting NOW!!

Anyone want to rank boost on criminal records now, add me 'peterjharrison'

Thanks
Pete
Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #237
Nextonex

A friend showed me this last night. We were on the Criminal Records track using 2 laps, we had both 2 and 3 players. We used super, sports and muscle, didn't try anything else.

Here's the trick to the XP bonus

You have to cross the start of the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host needs to cross first. You can cross anywhere within that 43rd second. I swear sometimes it happened at 42, but the guy who showed me insisted on 43 seconds.

You will not see the RP at the end of the race summery screen but when you get the bonus, your RP meter will fill up, we were getting about 1 bar per race or 1/10 a level. I'm sure this changes depending on your level but I don't know for sure.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #238
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextonex View Post
A friend showed me this last night. We were on the Criminal Records track using 2 laps, we had both 2 and 3 players. We used super, sports and muscle, didn't try anything else.

Here's the trick to the XP bonus

You have to cross the start of the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host needs to cross first. You can cross anywhere within that 43rd second. I swear sometimes it happened at 42, but the guy who showed me insisted on 43 seconds.

You will not see the RP at the end of the race summery screen but when you get the bonus, your RP meter will fill up, we were getting about 1 bar per race or 1/10 a level. I'm sure this changes depending on your level but I don't know for sure.
The trick has nothing to do with how many seconds it takes to cross the line. If you pay attention to your RP meter before and after the race, you will notice that even though it is not going up every time you cross the line, it still goes up in total.

My friend and I (we've basically boosted CR and DtD from level 8 to 100) discovered that sometimes your RP bar only moves slightly after a lap and sometimes it moves a lot. This is because the game either registers your small lap bonus or the large bonus, even though you STILL GET BOTH.

hope that helps

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #239
Nextonex

Try it and then tell me I'm wrong. We could get the bonus every time as along as we started the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host crossed first. If we missed it due to a crash or bad timing we didn't get the bonus.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #240
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextonex View Post
Try it and then tell me I'm wrong. We could get the bonus every time as along as we started the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host crossed first. If we missed it due to a crash or bad timing we didn't get the bonus.
Like I said, we boosted 92 levels using the method (more or less). I am 100% positive I'm correct ...

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
Closed Thread