PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
What's a Hanging ledge takedown

I need do it to finish the Rank 6 Worst Nightmare challenge.But I couldnt find how to do this takedown.
okll123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okll123 View Post
I need do it to finish the Rank 6 Worst Nightmare challenge.But I couldnt find how to do this takedown.
If it's the same as the other games, it's when your hanging off the edge of a ledge or railing, and pull an enemy over the ledge/railing who is above you.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
If it's the same as the other games, it's when your hanging off the edge of a ledge or railing, and pull an enemy over the ledge/railing who is above you.
No,which you said is called a "Ledge takedown".The hints of the challenge says:"Performed while standing on a ledge with anenemy directly below".
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
No,which you said is called a "Ledge takedown".The hints of the challenge says what Hanging ledge takedown is:"Performed while standing on a ledge with anenemy directly below".
Old 10-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Stand on a ledge, for example a railing, and you'll be prompted with the takedown button when the goon is beneath you.

0.28 in the video.

Last edited by Jeesp; 10-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesp View Post
Stand on a ledge, for example a railing, and you'll be prompted with the takedown button when the goon is beneath you.

0.28 in the video.

Batman: Arkham City - Predator Challenge 8 (Police Brutality EXTREME) - 1:33.19 - YouTube
I have done what you showed in the video in a predator challenge but it was called a "Reverse Choke takedown...not hanging ledge takedown and my rank 6 Worst Night is stll not finished.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
No,which you said is called a "Ledge takedown".The hints of the challenge says:"Performed while standing on a ledge with anenemy directly below".
Quote:
I have done what you showed in the video in a predator challenge but it was called a "Reverse Choke takedown...not hanging ledge takedown and my rank 6 Worst Night is stll not finished.
I was going to say you answered your own question, but then you said it's still not complete. I don't know how to do it then

Old 10-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Mr Stigalet

Hors3man Death's Gamercard
are you sure its the hanging ledge you need to do cos i had trouble with that challenge but it was the vent takedown i got wrong because its has to be a vent not a grate and the reverse choke takedown is the hanging ledge takedown
Mr Stigalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #9
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stigalet View Post
are you sure its the hanging ledge you need to do cos i had trouble with that challenge but it was the vent takedown i got wrong because its has to be a vent not a grate and the reverse choke takedown is the hanging ledge takedown
So I must do this Chanllenge in campain mission and can not do it in a predator challenge map.I will do it again.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
okll123

okll123's Gamercard
Quote:
So I must do this Chanllenge in campain mission and can not do it in a predator challenge map.I will do it again.
I finally got it in the sub missionof confront Dead shot.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
EvilC666

EvilC666's Gamercard
I'm on the Deadshot bit myself and having the same problem. I figured out the vent, wall and corner takedown...where exactly on the map did you do the hanging ledge one? Thanks
EvilC666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #12
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I was also greatly agitated by this challenge and gave up. I kept trying ledge after ledge but let alone almost everytime they suddenly look up and see you, I never once was able to get the prompt... I'm almost convinced its an absolutely broken mechanic.

MyAnimeList | Trakt

Favorite(also most challenging) 1000's: Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, MGRR, XCOM: Enemy Unkown, FFXIII
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Lyco

Lyco499's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
I was also greatly agitated by this challenge and gave up. I kept trying ledge after ledge but let alone almost everytime they suddenly look up and see you, I never once was able to get the prompt... I'm almost convinced its an absolutely broken mechanic.
I can't help but agree. I know exactly what kind of takedown it is, in Arkham City you would often get to do this kind of takedown on a thug holding someone is a hostage (like on the top of Wonder Tower challenge map).

I found a room in the main story that seems perfect to do part 6 of Worst Nightmare (SPOILER: It's when you're going after the Joker and he's holding Harley "hostage" END SPOILER), it has walls to explode out, plenty of vents and of course corners. But no matter what I do I can't get the prompt to show up when I'm standing on a ledge above an enemy. I've tried several different ledges in the room, I've tried standing on top of the railing, standing behind the railing, crouching etc. Nothing. I thought maybe it requires some specific kind of edge where there is no railing, but there are a couple of those in this room too and still nothing.

Lyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
asTroLoGiCaL

asTroLoGiCaL's Gamercard
this one is driving me "bat" shit crazy. =/ can't find any spots to get the fucking prompt.

asTroLoGiCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #15
Lyco

Lyco499's Gamercard
Spoilers again.
Ok, I FINALLY got it to work. In the room I mentioned above (in Blackgate, when your return there) it is possible. Instead of trying it in the doorways of the little rooms around the edges or on people on the lowest floor, stand on the top most level and get a guy on the next level down. Basically stand outside the room where Harley is tied up.

Of course I still didn't finish the challenge because I had a corner takedown left and then the remaining three guys glitched. They started running to a guy I took down with a vent takedown and while two of them just stood there, completely oblivious to me, the other was running full pelt into a ladder. I had no choice but to take two of them down with a double takedown which caused the third guy to jump down and start running into the same ladder. Tried to punch him away but ended up knocking him out and it saved before I could reload. Eugh.

Lyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
billiumus

billiumus93's Gamercard
How to do a hanging ledge takeddown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TvurdbjceM

That is how you do the hanging ledge takedown. I used that same map to do the other 3 takedowns and completed the challenge.
billiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
ChiliD

Chili D 20's Gamercard
i have those same problems. really pisses me off trying to do this specific challenges and they are made impossible by shitty glitches. the first two were perfect, what gives?
ChiliD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #18
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyco View Post
Spoilers again.
Ok, I FINALLY got it to work. In the room I mentioned above (in Blackgate, when your return there) it is possible. Instead of trying it in the doorways of the little rooms around the edges or on people on the lowest floor, stand on the top most level and get a guy on the next level down. Basically stand outside the room where Harley is tied up.

Of course I still didn't finish the challenge because I had a corner takedown left and then the remaining three guys glitched. They started running to a guy I took down with a vent takedown and while two of them just stood there, completely oblivious to me, the other was running full pelt into a ladder. I had no choice but to take two of them down with a double takedown which caused the third guy to jump down and start running into the same ladder. Tried to punch him away but ended up knocking him out and it saved before I could reload. Eugh.
Thank you for this, I finally got it to work in the same room as you described. Very inconsistent to say the least.
Next Up: Sherlock Holmes

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Going through the game on playthrough 1 I had this challenge around the time of the "Black Mask" robbing the bank and what not. After the vault gets blown up you'll have to fight some goons. At least two of the goons that roam around the lower level walk directly under some wooden awnings that jut out of the stone balconies, which you can stand on and do the takedown from. There are also vents, grates, corners, and stone walls to get other takedowns.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
I got a hanging ledge takedown in MP, but not how any of you describe.

I stood under a walkway, and grappled up to the walkway, holding RB so I was hanging on the ledge on the outside of the walkway. Then I did the takedown by pulling the guy over the ledge.
Last Achievement : Sonic Finale - Sonic & Knuckles (Xbox 360) - 25g
Last 100% Completion : Sonic & Knuckles (Xbox 360)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
EarthFool

KodoSoup's Gamercard
Find any platform and stand right before the ledge of it. You need to stand, you can't crouch nor being on the top of any railings (that will give you a reverse ledge takedown). Wait for someone to come beneath you and do the takedown.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Platinum Mike

Platinum Mike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I got a hanging ledge takedown in MP, but not how any of you describe.

I stood under a walkway, and grappled up to the walkway, holding RB so I was hanging on the ledge on the outside of the walkway. Then I did the takedown by pulling the guy over the ledge.
What you did was a ledge takedown, yes, you were hanging, yes, you took an enemy down but you didn't do a "Hanging Ledge Takedown", you did a "Ledge Takedown".

A hanging ledge takedown must be performed from above the enemy as they walk below through a door way or other open feature.

This has been confirmed 100% already, if you pull the enemy over a ledge then this doesn't count as a hanging ledge takedown when going for your Dark Knight track.

Batman will wrap his feet around the thugs neck from above and choke the thug out if done correctly, if Batman does anything other than this then you aren't doing a hanging ledge takedown.

Last edited by Platinum Mike; 11-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Platinum Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthFool View Post
Find any platform and stand right before the ledge of it. You need to stand, you can't crouch nor being on the top of any railings (that will give you a reverse ledge takedown). Wait for someone to come beneath you and do the takedown.
This is exactly correct. You must stand on an elevated surface with no railing do not crouch. You will be prompted with a silent takedown and choke the dude out with your legs. Best spot I have found is the 4 grated surfaces the flank the bridge inside the bank.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

This Takedown is so inaccurate in it's name. They really need to revise and swap the Ledge Takedown titles.

-----

The way it's set up now:

For a Ledge Takedown, you're literally HANGING off a ledge - pulling someone off.

For a Hanging Ledge Takedown, you're perched ON TOP on the ledge - wait to drop down on someone to choke them out with your feet.

-----

They should have revised the names in this game, as they don't make sense and need to be switched as you can see by my examples above.

But fuck logic, right?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #25
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
In this case they are naming the actual physical action and not the setup of the action.

So yeah no logic...

Even more BS is their hint for successfully completing it.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
In this case they are naming the actual physical action and not the setup of the action.

So yeah no logic...

Even more BS is their hint for successfully completing it.
Eh, setup seems more logic than the actual takedown. But screw it!