PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #91
winnn

Winnn's Gamercard
Thanks for all the tips for this
winnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #92
kushlash23

kushlash07's Gamercard
I am thinking about re-purchasing and giving this mode a go. I can't wait for the DLC packs.
kushlash23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #93
DOMAN127

DOMAN127's Gamercard
1999 is definitely worth a shot, and it's not really that hard. The only challenging part is the trifecta of siren battles. Otherwise, the other BioShock games are much more challenging on their hardest setting.
DOMAN127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #94
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
With the right gear and vigors and fully upgraded Charge it was easy.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #95
shaggyarchangel

shaggylordofwar's Gamercard
I hate this achievement! I got stuck on the stupid siren! I've upgraded my armor, and salts. I've upgraded charge, murder of crows, and i can't remember which other one. But i still can't get pass the damn siren! Anything else I should do?
shaggyarchangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #96
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyarchangel View Post
I hate this achievement! I got stuck on the stupid siren! I've upgraded my armor, and salts. I've upgraded charge, murder of crows, and i can't remember which other one. But i still can't get pass the damn siren! Anything else I should do?
Fully upgraded Charge and Shotgun work well for the first encounter in the graveyard, so well in fact that you can defeat her without her ever getting a chance to do anything. The second and third encounters though take time and patience and keeping at a well good distance. If you stay just inside the bank vault by the door then you should be fairly safe from harm (when i did this i was lucky enough for her to glitch and die somehow). The third encounter is a pain, if you can burn all then enemies to ash then she can't revive them, making this a somewhat easier fight. Good luck.
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #97
King Guiseppe

King Guiseppe's Gamercard
awesome game
King Guiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #98
joebeef14

JOEBEEF14's Gamercard
I am proud to have beaten this. Tough 1k, but worth it. I second LickableLemons' motion to have everyone else "suck it" :P
joebeef14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #99
JohnDeere6969

Just did 1999/Scavenger Hunt. It was shockingly easy for me because:did it on hard before so knew what to expect, awesome Internet tips: mash charge at the siren, return to sender at the core of the zeppelin, and most importantly reload previous checkpoint. Can't tell you how many times I used that thing so that a fight would end up with me in full health &salts. Oh also upgrade your shields before doing anything else, and just take it really slow, don't rush.

E: and search every level at least twice for trash cans, purses, etc.
JohnDeere6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #100
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
I was actually disappointed in how easy 1999 mode/Scavenger Hunt was. All you had to do was be smart with your ammo (Don't fire blindly) and search EVERYWHERE for money/ammo/health. I had only played this on Easy the first time before attempting it too.

By the end I had fully upgraded these weapons:
Sniper Rifle
Shotgun
Carbine
And had 2 upgrades on pistol/Machine gun
and damage upgrades on repeater/hand cannon.

For vigors, I had fully upgraded:
Charge
Bucking Bronco
Undertow
Return to Sender
And had the one upgrade each on Devil's Kiss and Possession.

I even had $2000 left at the end battle, which I didn't spend thinking I might need it for this much talked about uber-battle for the ages... I would have upgraded the RPG all the way if I had known I didn't need to save the money...

For the end battle, I literally beat it the first time with half of the ship's lifebar left. I didn't even use Undertow or Charge on it either; Return to sender only. Not sure what all the fuss was about for people with this battle... I had harder times with battles in Finkton. Just drop as many RTS traps as you can around the core (More in front, since not a lot of enemies come to the back) until your salts are depleted, then grab salts from the cabin, and repeat. After you put enough down, just kill everyone you can find, concentrating on the heavy hitters (rocketmen/patriots)

Last edited by mesoungodlyfast; 04-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
mesoungodlyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #101
mesoungodlyfast

The siren was stupidly easy too.

1st encounter: I had fully upgraded sniper rifle with full ammo. Hid in the back crypt with the health packs and sniper her until dead. Enemies wont come all the way up in the crypt to attack you, and a few Devil's Kiss traps outside keep them from coming close.

2nd Encounter: Used the Shock Jockey/Shotgun trick to kill all enemies so she couldn't revive them. Then sniper her until dead.

3rd Encounter: Charge Charge Charge. This was the easiest fight in the game. Took 4 full charges to kill her, then everyone else dies.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #102
mesoungodlyfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop QC View Post
I'm doing my 1999 playthrough and I'm about to board the Hand of the Prophet at the end. I have already fully upgraded carbine and shotgun, as well as charge, possession and bucking bronco vigors. I still have more than 7000 silver eagles and was wondering if there are more weapons/vigors I should upgrade. Any suggestion?
Return to sender. it works so well it's almost like cheating...

I was frustrated with the game, since I thought the Carbine was the best weapon in the game, but there was NEVER any ammo for it. I ended up using the shotgun too much because of it.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #103
Vitamin Dean

CMxDean's Gamercard
From the beginning up until you get Crows vigor it was a real pain, but then after that it wasn't too difficult, few tricky spots such as the command deck and Lady Comstock but understanding how to use the vigors effectively is the key.

Very enjoyable on the whole which is quite rare for a game on it's harder than hard difficulty.
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #104
CartMANoo1

CartMANoo1's Gamercard
I just started this today I'm wondering if I should go for shield or health first?
CartMANoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #105
XG0THICB0NDAGEX

Send a message via Yahoo to XG0THICB0NDAGEX

XG0THICB0NDAGEX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartMANoo1 View Post
I just started this today I'm wondering if I should go for shield or health first?
I fully maxed my shield first because your shield recharges, where your health does not. It's all up to you but by the end of the game I had my shield and health fully maxed, and my salts about half. Good luck!