PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Angry "Solid Gold, Baby!" Sucks!!!

This achievement sucks! Probably not for the reason you think I'm thinking of but actually for a "way the game is programmed" reason! Namely...loading times and restarts!

That's right, the reason this sucks is because of how long it takes to go in and out of the mission replays. It takes ages for it to start each mission and then once you complete it (whether you actually made any progress or not) it takes another age to load back into the SP game. Why on earth is it done like this? Surely it would have been better after finishing the mission to drop you back into the mission select screen so you can choose to replay another mission if you want, but with an option to return to the SP game as well.

To make it worse, and unless you're really lucky/good, you are probably going to have to run each of the missions a couple of times in order to hit all the gold criteria. The problem with this is that unless it's a very simple point to point mission where if you die you start from the very beginning, what actually happens is that you have hit some kind of checkpoint. So if you restart after failing (eg by killing yourself) it starts you from the checkpoint meaning you may have missed something you needed as well as it potentially having made some things invalid. So in order to restart one of those missions you need to finish it and exit back to the SP game! I bring your attention back to my first rant above!!!

If Rockstar are going to force mission conditions on us then they need to have made the entry, exit and restarting of missions a lot more fluid! Also, I feel it would have been very nice for it to show indicators on teh screen during mission replays showing timers or counters for the things you need to be doing. I'm happy not seeing these the first time round but pretty much the only reason for replaying is to get gold so it would be useful!

OK...rant over! Back to trying missions over and over...
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
Old 10-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentReport View Post
True, but I would have posted here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=539954

Old 10-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Ah yes but the bitching thread is like a customer care/complaints number for a company. The only reason it's there is to get all the moaning people in one place so they can more easily be ignored. It won't be read/listened to and nothing will happen to it!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
Old 10-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
To make it worse, and unless you're really good, you are probably going to have to run each of the missions a couple of times in order to hit all the gold criteria.
Isn't that the whole point of an Achievement/Gold medal in the first place?
Old 10-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Ah yes but the bitching thread is like a customer care/complaints number for a company. The only reason it's there is to get all the moaning people in one place so they can more easily be ignored. It won't be read/listened to and nothing will happen to it!
Exactly!! Yours is going to get deleted.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh well this will not get ignored, but even better deleted
Old 10-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
going in and out of replaying missions does suck, but i dont think anything can be done about it, no matter where you post on this site!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Funniest i've seen with this was redoing the mask and boiler suit missions, 20seconds of gameplay for 2 mins of loading screens lol
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Old 10-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #9
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
Mission replay was something that was something good to have, but not very well implemented. The loading screens are ridiculously long, but that's understandable given the hardware limitations. It would have been better if you could also choose to revert to a previous checkpoint within a mission. The fact that some objectives would not count for that mission if you died once (accuracy, timing) is pretty annoying as well.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
BCFCBristolRed

BCFCBristolRed's Gamercard
Quote:
This achievement sucks! Probably not for the reason you think I'm thinking of but actually for a "way the game is programmed" reason! Namely...loading times and restarts!

That's right, the reason this sucks is because of how long it takes to go in and out of the mission replays. It takes ages for it to start each mission and then once you complete it (whether you actually made any progress or not) it takes another age to load back into the SP game. Why on earth is it done like this? Surely it would have been better after finishing the mission to drop you back into the mission select screen so you can choose to replay another mission if you want, but with an option to return to the SP game as well.

To make it worse, and unless you're really lucky/good, you are probably going to have to run each of the missions a couple of times in order to hit all the gold criteria. The problem with this is that unless it's a very simple point to point mission where if you die you start from the very beginning, what actually happens is that you have hit some kind of checkpoint. So if you restart after failing (eg by killing yourself) it starts you from the checkpoint meaning you may have missed something you needed as well as it potentially having made some things invalid. So in order to restart one of those missions you need to finish it and exit back to the SP game! I bring your attention back to my first rant above!!!

If Rockstar are going to force mission conditions on us then they need to have made the entry, exit and restarting of missions a lot more fluid! Also, I feel it would have been very nice for it to show indicators on teh screen during mission replays showing timers or counters for the things you need to be doing. I'm happy not seeing these the first time round but pretty much the only reason for replaying is to get gold so it would be useful!

Couldn't agree more fella!! I've given up on this achievement for this very reason. The way it has been implemented is pretty bad. I may do one mission replay per GTA session but really, even that can be a hassle.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah the load times when replaying missions is crazy, so I get a scuba diving suit and sit on top of the 25k suitcase out in the ocean. Once you complete a replay your basically just loading your game back up and it respawns the suitcase.

It's only 25k per replay but it lessens the sting of all that waiting a little

Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
You do realise that if the bitching thread is ignored so will this thread

The reason we try to keep it all in one place is to avoid everyone coming here making their own thread and clogging up the forums with rants. It's even stuck so on the off chance Rockstar does wander into this part of the internet, it's there waiting.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're special, just not special enough to have your bitching thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
Closed Thread