Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
Didn't realise this thread had popped up. Was thinking it was weird that the deals thread hadn't been updated this week then noticed it was locked. Would have been nice to have a link at the end of the old one to direct here, but I found it now anyway.
Sorry, I didn't think of that when I created the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
Subscription added! Nice work on picking up where Dustinator left off!
Thanks!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #32
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Hey heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Thanks for picking up the Deal of the Week thread Temporal Haven't been able to update in quite some time so I'm very glad the last thread was closed and a new one is in place. Feel free to use any previous features/formatting from the other thread if you'd like. Anything to make the thread better(I highly suggest adding the Games with Gold promotion).

I still read some stuff on the main page and plan on popping in every Wednesday to check out the deals and comment if I have the time. I'll be rockin my 360 for many years or as long as my existing system lasts

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Ice Age Village 08/19/14

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #33
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you running the thread for as long as you did. I got a lot of deals thanks to your hard work. I'm glad to hear you'll still be around occasionally.

I added the Games with Gold promotion to the first post. If you have any other suggestions on how to make the thread better I'd love to hear them.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #34
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalWizard View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you running the thread for as long as you did. I got a lot of deals thanks to your hard work. I'm glad to hear you'll still be around occasionally.

I added the Games with Gold promotion to the first post. If you have any other suggestions on how to make the thread better I'd love to hear them.
I dont know if any happened this week but a section for price drops would be helpful.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #35
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklyplague View Post
I dont know if any happened this week but a section for price drops would be helpful.
Yeah, I was planning on adding those, but the last time I checked they didn't have the October price drops up yet.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #36
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:

Thank you very much

Some suggestions since you asked......
  • To help separate various deals so they don't look like several lines jumbled together, bolding, italicizing and underlining will act as very good separators. Different colors help too
  • An explanation for what exactly Games with Gold is, will help those new to the thread. Just putting in Games with Gold gives no clue to first time visitors how to acquire these games
  • Adding notes to DLC that is on sale which adds to the total gamerscore attainable for a certain game. For example, if Crysis 3's DLC was on sale, making a notation next to the DLC with how many gamerscore the dlc contains
October 15 - October 21
DLC Add-Ons
Crysis 3: The Lost Island - $7.49 (50% off) *additional 250 gamerscore attainable

Again, feel free to use examples from the previous thread. Here's a link to the thread for quick reference http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=325044

Here's the price drops for October as well http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...cently-Reduced

Last edited by Dustinator; 11-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #37
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinator View Post
Some suggestions since you asked......
Thanks for these.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #38
Shaun92R

Shaun92R's Gamercard
Whats todays?
Shaun92R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #39
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

I don't know yet. It's still showing last weeks deal for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #40
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
I don't know yet. It's still showing last weeks deal for me.
I looked at xbldb.com and it seems like all the serious Sam games are 2.49 and that turbo Disney game is $40
Old 11-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #41
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind x360a View Post
I looked at xbldb.com and it seems like all the Serious Sam games are 2.49 and that turbo Disney game is $40
Hope this is true, been waiting for these to go sale.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #42
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge88isfun View Post
Hope this is true, been waiting for these to go sale.
Just saw these on the dashboard, so I can confirm that all four games + DLC are $2.49. I love Serious Sam so I can recommend them all
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #43
Shaun92R

Shaun92R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Just saw these on the dashboard, so I can confirm that all four games + DLC are $2.49. I love Serious Sam so I can recommend them all
What one would you recommend getting for someone thats never played it before? would prefer a 3d one so out of the first, second encounter or 3BFE?
Shaun92R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #44
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Deal of the Week and next week's

5-Nov to 11-NovDevil May Cry/Capcom - 12-Nov to 18-Nov
  • DmC: Devil May Cry Games on Demand - 50% off
  • DmC:Vergil’s Downfall - 50% off
  • DmC: Bundle Pack - 50% off
  • DmC: Bone Pack - 50% off
  • DmC: Golden Pack - 50% off
  • DmC: Samurai Pack - 50% off
  • DmC: Costumes Pack - 50% off
  • Resident Evil 4 - 50% off
  • Resident Evil Revelations - 50% off
  • Lost Planet 3 - 33% off
Gonna demo Castlestorm and the Serious Sam's since they're only $2.49 each. And like Shaun asked, anyone have any suggestions for which SS to jump into since I've never played any of them?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #45
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun92R View Post
What one would you recommend getting for someone thats never played it before? would prefer a 3d one so out of the first, second encounter or 3BFE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinator View Post
Gonna demo Castlestorm and the Serious Sam's since they're only $2.49 each. And like Shaun asked, anyone have any suggestions for which SS to jump into since I've never played any of them?
Definitely the first and second encounter if you can get both. They came as one game on the original Xbox so they flow together pretty well. If you can only pick one, the second encounter is better. More weapons, cooler bosses, and better music.

Ahh, I want to play them again

Edit: Just thought I would add that the achievements are painful, but I enjoyed SS so much on the original Xbox that I had to have both HD remakes. I don't know how the hell I managed to get 200/200 in BOTH.

Last edited by Puppys; 11-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Going to pick up CastleStorm, game looks alright but 75% off I can't help it..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #47
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Going to pick up CastleStorm, game looks alright but 75% off I can't help it..
It is a fun game. A lot of bang for the buck, especially at that price. I wish the DLC was on sale, too.

Xtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #48
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtowers View Post
It is a fun game. A lot of bang for the buck, especially at that price. I wish the DLC was on sale, too.
Yeah, a friend told me the game is a lot of fun while it lasts too. Just a matter of time before the DLC goes up I guess.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #49
H2O Dark Angel

H2O Dark Angel's Gamercard
does anyone knows why the ROCKSMITH 2014 isnt on the GAME ON DEMAND? was supose to be on 1th november.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #50
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
Quote:
Definitely the first and second encounter if you can get both. They came as one game on the original Xbox so they flow together pretty well. If you can only pick one, the second encounter is better. More weapons, cooler bosses, and better music.

Ahh, I want to play them again

Edit: Just thought I would add that the achievements are painful, but I enjoyed SS so much on the original Xbox that I had to have both HD remakes. I don't know how the hell I managed to get 200/200 in BOTH.
I've never played a Serious Sam before and I want something relatively easier to introduce me to the franchise, so I'm getting Double D XXL and Serious Sam 3: BFE.

And Resident Evil 4 for $10? Fuckin' A. One of the greatest games of all time right there. I'm buying that for sure.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #51
Abel Bejarano

Abel Bejarano's Gamercard
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE DLC

Jetstream - FREE - 100% off
Blade Wolf - FREE - 100% off
Abel Bejarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #52
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Recommend away picked up all 3 + DLC for 6.72, for us British members.

Which would be the normal price for just one game.

Last edited by ginge88isfun; 11-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #53
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterMelonFarm View Post
I've never played a Serious Sam before and I want something relatively easier to introduce me to the franchise, so I'm getting Double D XXL and Serious Sam 3: BFE.
To be honest, Serious Sam 3 is the both the hardest and the worst of the three. I had trouble beating it on normal (on PC) and had to switch it down to tourist on the final level. Double D is a side scroller I believe, I haven't actually played it but it is on the to-do list.

First and Second Encounter are only hard on Hard-Serious difficulty. If you play on tourist, they are a blast because you are OP
Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

I've updated the first post with the current deals.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #55
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Why hello new thread! I have been super busy too. Logged in to look at the thread and it's closed, so I did a little searching and found this one. Great new name Temporal.

I noticed RE:4 is on sale for $10USD. Since I have heard such great things, I might finally break down and give it a try. I really wish there was a demo for it.

Anyway, great to have us back together!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #56
Puppys
Running Save Mode

DmC is on the "to play" list, so I may pick up the Virgil DLC. Does anyone know if any of the other DLCs are worth having to help in the game, or cool to have in general?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #57
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankui View Post
Why hello new thread! I have been super busy too. Logged in to look at the thread and it's closed, so I did a little searching and found this one. Great new name Temporal.

I noticed RE:4 is on sale for $10USD. Since I have heard such great things, I might finally break down and give it a try. I really wish there was a demo for it.

Anyway, great to have us back together!
Thanks! Glad you found us!

Quote:
DmC is on the "to play" list, so I may pick up the Virgil DLC. Does anyone know if any of the other DLCs are worth having to help in the game, or cool to have in general?
I've never played DmC so I can't say if any of the others would be helpful or cool to have.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #58
Kankui

Digital Form's Gamercard
Iron Brigade aka Trenched is on sale for free for the rest of Nov. Don't forget to pick it up!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #59
Mexican Flyer

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Man, Dishonored on DOTW AGAIN. They're trying hard to not put any new games on discount.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #60
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Flyer View Post
Man, Dishonored on DOTW AGAIN. They're trying hard to not put any new games on discount.
I'm ok with it since I'm able to pick up the lastest dlc for it. Although I understand what you mean I look up the last time I bought dlc and it was back in july when dishonored was dotw minus the newest dlc.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote