PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have only purchased one season pass (Gears of War 3) and although I was mostly disappointed with the four DLC packs it was still worth it. I would have bought all four packs even if I did not have the season pass, but with the pass I saved 30% plus I didnt have to worry about having MS points each time a dlc came out, I could just download it. They also threw in some weapon skins. Bottom line I am a gears fan and I was able to save 30% regardless of the fact that most of the DLC was utter shit.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #32
skaghead

Skaghead's Gamercard
All depends on the title and how much you will get out of it , i knew in advance that i would buy the car packs for Forza 4.SO the season pass there was a no brainer, same with Battlefield 3.I've spent 100+ hours on that game so again the season pass is a money saver.I bought Saints Row and after playing and enjoying it , i noticed it was a bit short and lacking in things to do , and this put me off the season pass as it felt like content was missing that i would be getting in the season pass.
skaghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #33
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I bought L.A. Noire pass when it was on sale because it turned out to be cheaper than waiting for the complete edition to be release.

Most of the rest of the passes seem to be a waste for me. I'm not a big fan of online multiplayer unless one of my friends wants to play a few rounds. Which is rare.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #34
KnucklesV6

KnucklesV6's Gamercard
Yes if you are planning to purchase all the DLC for that game.
KnucklesV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #35
Whiskey the Fox

Whiskey the Fox's Gamercard
Season passes are just another way that companies make money. You don't have to buy it at all unless you really think that the content they give back are meaningful.
Whiskey the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #36
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'll usually buy the season pass for a game I really really enjoy and after the first DLC is out so I know it's quality first... if it's just an arena or map pack I pass. Story content and I'm all over it.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #37
1001puppys
Dream Until Dawn ♥

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Only bought two season passes and I was pretty disappointed in both, so I am not a fan of them. I normally just wait for DLC to go 1/2 off before buying them.

[Click Here for my Top 20 Games of the 7th Gen!]

I finally have each unique weapon and shield in Dark Souls II! -----> [Weapon/Shield Album]
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #38
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
if your planning on getting all DLC then ofc season passes are worth it! you get all of the DLC for a cheaper price even if its only like 80msp you save (with saints row)

the only problem i have with season passes is that you tend to buy them and not be happy with them half way through, for example AC3 dlc. i diddnt like it, but i bought the season pass and wasted my money..

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #39
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It depends on the publisher for me. If there was a season pass from Capcom or Ubisoft, then HELL NO. But if it's from Bethesda or Square Enix, and the DLC adds achievements, then yes.

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #40
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Well the only two I ever purchased were for Borderlands 2 and Defiance....

So No.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #41
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
I think I varies from game to game. I would say that from the games that I have seen so far that have used them they are worth it as you probably buy all the DLC anyway in which case it saves you money.

I bought passes for Borderlands 2 and LA Noire and was happy with the value I received. I have one for Bioshock Infinite and I suppose time will tell on that one.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #42
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Seasons passes are always worth it if the content interests you...otherwise no. lol
I haven't gotten many myself, I did get it for Guardians of Middle-Earth which I am glad I did, I spent a TON of time playing that game and most of the time used the DLC characters.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #43
Oryhara

CO Oryhara's Gamercard
If the DLC is all that I want and it will work out cheaper then yeah I'd go for it, But I don't always want all of the DLC. I try and get it as cheap as possible to be honest

Send me a message if you can help with the following;
Gears of War 3
Streets of Rage 2
Black Ops 1 & 2

Currently Working on the Gears of War 3 Campaign
Oryhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #44
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
It depends on the game, I suppose. I've never bought one actually, but a lot of the games that I have don't have any DLC, or atleast the ones that I like don't.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #45
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I think same as OP. Most of the games with season pass are popular games that go on sale sooner than later. And usually individual DLC at 50% is cheaper than buying the season pass.

So, they need to give us more incentive for buying season pass. Either very high discount (60%+) or a great content that is not available unless you buy the season pass.

I was slightly tempted by Bioshock Infinite season pass because it gives you extra Infusion and Gears that help you in the game, but the game was so easy on 1999 mode that I think I'd have felt totally ripped off if I bought the season pass. Especially since the first DLC Clash in the Clouds is not a DLC I'm interested in. The DLC I'm interested in, Burial at Sea are just coming out after the game was released half a year ago. I see no reason to pre-pay for this content when there may be sales, GOTY/Ultimate editions coming out down the line.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #46
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
I think same as OP. Most of the games with season pass are popular games that go on sale sooner than later. And usually individual DLC at 50% is cheaper than buying the season pass.

So, they need to give us more incentive for buying season pass. Either very high discount (60%+) or a great content that is not available unless you buy the season pass.

I was slightly tempted by Bioshock Infinite season pass because it gives you extra Infusion and Gears that help you in the game, but the game was so easy on 1999 mode that I think I'd have felt totally ripped off if I bought the season pass. Especially since the first DLC Clash in the Clouds is not a DLC I'm interested in. The DLC I'm interested in, Burial at Sea are just coming out after the game was released half a year ago. I see no reason to pre-pay for this content when there may be sales, GOTY/Ultimate editions coming out down the line.
I should have waited on the Bioshock Infinite season pass too. I guarantee it will be half off before the content finishes releasing.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #47
1001puppys
Dream Until Dawn ♥

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Well the only two I ever purchased were for Borderlands 2 and Defiance....

So No.
Yep, one of my two was Halo 4, and suddenly I have to pay for a fourth DLC outside of the season pass. I think Borderlands 2 will end up being the same way before the end of its days.

I finally have each unique weapon and shield in Dark Souls II! -----> [Weapon/Shield Album]
Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #48
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Yep, one of my two was Halo 4, and suddenly I have to pay for a fourth DLC outside of the season pass. I think Borderlands 2 will end up being the same way before the end of its days.
Well, Halo 4 War Games Map Pass did say it includes 3 DLC so any DLC after 3 will cost money.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #49
RoronoraZoro666

None's Gamercard
So far only bought Borderlands 2 Season Pass and it disappointed me as I have to purchase additional characters and 2 new DLCs and costume lacks separately. I wish it offered it all.
So far I only used the characters and digistruct peak.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #50
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Honestly for me it depends on the game, probably the best value I saw was when the LA Noire pass was on sale at a ridiculous price, I am currently debating getting BF4 Premium which has been advertised as paying 25% less than you would individually and you get some free content and a few other bonuses. The only thing putting me off is the fact I hate spending as much on a season pass as I would pay for a full price game, I know I could always wait for it to be cheaper but that wont happen for at least 1-2 years.

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #51
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2345 View Post
Honestly for me it depends on the game, probably the best value I saw was when the LA Noire pass was on sale at a ridiculous price, I am currently debating getting BF4 Premium which has been advertised as paying 25% less than you would individually and you get some free content and a few other bonuses. The only thing putting me off is the fact I hate spending as much on a season pass as I would pay for a full price game, I know I could always wait for it to be cheaper but that wont happen for at least 1-2 years.
Another factor that might help you is EA supported Battlefield 3 for close to two years, the last DLC for the game came out this year. That's pretty damn good for support I'd say. I'm not even a Battlefield player, but I'm damn impressed with how long they choose to support the game. I think it's safe to say with Battlefield 4 you know you're going to get your money's worth from DLC, and you know you're gonna get supported for a while to come.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #52
1001puppys
Dream Until Dawn ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
Well, Halo 4 War Games Map Pass did say it includes 3 DLC so any DLC after 3 will cost money.
I know, but most games I've seen had four DLC. 343 why you so greedy D:

Old 11-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #53
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
The only one I have bought was for Saints Row 3 last month. It saved me money, not much but still a saving. I always check and see if a game has a season pass before I buy it just in case of extra costs.
FullMoonBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #54
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
It depends on who is releasing the season pass. I won't buy anything from Rockstar usually because it seems like they screwed over people who had the season pass for Max Payne 3. I did buy the season pass for Gears of War 3 though and I am glad I bought that because I now have all the maps so I am happy.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #55
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
the only one I bought was Borderlands 2 season pass, it was worth it imo!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #56
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
It depends on who is releasing the season pass. I won't buy anything from Rockstar usually because it seems like they screwed over people who had the season pass for Max Payne 3. I did buy the season pass for Gears of War 3 though and I am glad I bought that because I now have all the maps so I am happy.
They didn't do that bad with their Pass. I could only think of two reason why someone would think this:

1. They consolidated 7 DLC's into 5 - 1 of those 5 was free to everyone

2. The release window between their DLC's, and the release dates themselves, were not accurate to what was scheduled by Rockstar

-----

I honestly don't mind they consolidated the DLC packs. In the long run, each DLC brought a really nice chunk of content, even if I only really utilized it for the achievements. Also, despite their release dates to be inaccurate, I think they readjusted the dates pretty fairly --> July, August, October, December, January (I think that's how it went).

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #57
Fana

FluffyFana's Gamercard
I hardly buy season passes, once in a while when I think the game is worth it.

Thank you, Rajeanero!
Fana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #58
assassinjay1229

Send a message via MSN to assassinjay1229

assassinjay1229's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
in my opinion they are if you really like the game, or if you wait for a sale on the pass and get 50% off of an already 30-50% savings
Latest Windows Phone: Galactic Reign

assassinjay1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #59
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ive only gotten 2, the one for AC3 which wasn't that great since the tyranny of king Washington wasn't all that great and i only used the multiplayer dlc for achievements, and bioshock infinite's, the combat challenges were decent but the true test will be next week when the first story will be released.

It really depends on how much you like the game/trust the publisher and developer to deliver on what they promise.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #60
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Not really, no. But that's not going to stop me from buying any and every one that is available for a game which I buy or am going to buy.

With the free upgrade to the Xbox One, I'm getting add-ons for two platforms. May as well take advantage of it.