PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Ghosts
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #31
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is the one that gets me. The COD that ends the series for me. I think I'm actually done... finally... done... oh shit I have to make sure Treyarch's next game is shit.

I SPAWNED DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF AN IMS FOR FUCKING FUCKS SAKES

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
afireinside30x

afireinside30x's Gamercard
Is anybody else just getting disconnected from every game they play. And when I find a match, it's so laggy, it's unplayable. I have like a .5 kill/death ratio right now because I can't find games that aren't laggy.

afireinside30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
YiazmatXII

YiazmatXII's Gamercard
Here in UK, more copies of Ghosts have been sold to CeX than any other game on the day of it's release.

No other game has been traded in more on it's release date.

As of right now, the entire company has over 3,000 copies on 360, over 2,500 on PS3, exactly 146 on Wii U, 58 on PS4 (don't know how... methinks store clerks have put it through wrong). In total it's around 6k
Old 11-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #34
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post
Here in UK, more copies of Ghosts have been sold to CeX than any other game on the day of it's release.

As of right now, the entire company has over 3,000 copies on 360, over 2,500 on PS3, exactly 146 on Wii U, 58 on PS4 (don't know how... methinks store clerks have put it through wrong). In total it's around 6k
That is fucking rich.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrozzzy View Post
Campers. Campers. Campers. They've been in every CoD game but this one so far is especially bad. Every little faggot out there is sitting in corners and dashboarding when they lose to save their precious K/D. It's pathetic.
How has this not been removed from these games? I remember a thread getting deleted on the Blops 2 forum about this because it had so many people denying they did it. 99.9% of people with K/Ds of above 2 do it. Even if you have only done it once, you are a cheat. Any form of quitting should be punished with a loss and a K/D of 0:05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Also hate the influx of 'jumpers now thanks to MLG shit. All people do now is jump around corners. Who the hell does that in a real combat scenario?
Exactly. Pathetic way of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post

Wow. Those stats dont paint the game in a very good light at all. Im holding out for the XB1 version and hoping drastic improvements are made judging from what you guys are saying.

How rampant is quick scoping? Are we back to MW2 frequency or is it like Blops1 and practically non existent?

Please say the latter

Last edited by Morbido; 11-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #36
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
How about you people play the campaign fully and then do MP? Or at least extinction? Y'know, before you people start (or continue) complaining about every little thing that gets you killed.

It's the game's first day, online's not going to be the best. Get over it. Give it a week.

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Heroic1

battlesage360's Gamercard
I should of known by the way midnight madness was going, something wasn't right. First off we had to play it on ps3: im a die hard xbox fan so the controller felt weird. But the game itself felt the same. after standind in the cold for 2 hours, my first game i instantly disliked it. Long story short- spawns, squads, alien mode, infected which im most upset about. I think its the server and they need a patch. So let down i might turn it in to get diablo 3.
Heroic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #38
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic1 View Post
I should of known by the way midnight madness was going, something wasn't right. First off we had to play it on ps3: im a die hard xbox fan so the controller felt weird. But the game itself felt the same. after standind in the cold for 2 hours, my first game i instantly disliked it. Long story short- spawns, squads, alien mode, infected which im most upset about. I think its the server and they need a patch. So let down i might turn it in to get diablo 3.
Let me clue you in: it'll be the same thing next year. Learn from your mistakes and avoid it, or at least pick it up Used for the SP and to try out the MP.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #39
Deadly Krueger

Deadly Krueger's Gamercard
THE COMMUNITY!!! Fucking camping around corners. The dogs are over powered as shit, 2 clips and they still don't die?! WTF!!!

These maps are HUGE, almost Battlefield huge and for 6v6?

It's nice that COD has changed paces from the fast shooter is usually is to..well..whatever this is but these maps are fucking ridiculous when you make it 6v6 and next gen is only gonna be 9v9.
Deadly Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Played about 10 rounds of TDM. Initial impressions are.. it's Cod.

Had 1 or 2 ridiculous spawns but that comes with the territory. The maps seem bigger and I don't know if that's a good thing. I've already had more than a few occasions where I'm just marathoning round the map for ages without seeing anyone and then someone just pops up behind you and you have to do it all over again.

A lot of camping right now but that's to be expected on day 1 I guess. People just trying to get a feel for things.

I don't know if it's my controller but when I press X the damn thing never reloads, I have to hold it down for .25 of a second for it to register. Oh and what's with the new UAV's? I've put down about 20 and i've only seen a pulse across the map about 2 or 3 times. The rest of the time it seems to just sit there doing nothing. There another button i'm supposed to be pressing or something??

Early days. Haven't even modified my soldier yet.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #41
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
The Call of Duty Server is not available right now.
(Haha fuck you, we won't let you play anything)
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #42
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Well I got in four games before the servers went down.....

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #43
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrozzzy View Post
Couldn't agree more. Honestly, I bought into the hype of Ghosts and am sorely let down. In my opinion, MW1 was a brand new design of the game that MW2 and MW3 built upon; thus, MW3 being the near-best version of CoD possible, minus the host-lag update. BO1 was fun, but found it a bit laggy and got tired of emptying clips into people only to die in 1 shot. BO2 was terrible for me and I hate every aspect of it.

Rather than this game build off MW (winning) franchise and improve upon that with graphics and physics, it seems to take on BO2 aspects and I really am disliking Ghosts. To add to what was posted above:
  • Maps are huge (Stonehaven, particularly). This is bad for people who don't snipe because the weapons are not accurate enough to hit people from far enough away and it seems to take more damage now to kill people.
  • Customization screen is too much. There is not enough time between rounds to make significant chnges to you character, especially the perks. When you have to do the math in your head with the perk points to try and optimize your person, the round is nearly ready to start and you've missed out on making your character better.
  • Controls feel clunky for me. Dropshotting is harder to get up from and is really annoying because I feel like I'm glued to the ground.
  • The dog kill streak is WAYYYY overpowered. The dog has super health and can leap on you from about 10 feet away.
  • Campers. Campers. Campers. They've been in every CoD game but this one so far is especially bad. Every little faggot out there is sitting in corners and dashboarding when they lose to save their precious K/D. It's pathetic.
  • Like above, no teamwork. Everyone wants to whore their K/D and camp.
  • Extinction is pretty fun, but again, the stupidest people in the world play it and are just plain terrible, so it gets frustrating really fast.
There are a slew of other problems, but I am very let down by this game. Hype train = derailed.
LOL, so glad I stopped COD after the joke that was Blacks Ops. COD MW is and WILL remain the best in the series. Amazing campaign and a SIMPLE, yet awesome MP. Activision needs to stop with COD for a few years and really look into what made MW such a hit. But alas, that will never happen.
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #44
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Wait, another failed launch? This shit is spreading..

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #45
NinjaPhilly

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Extinction

Rank 26 and consistently matched with Rank 1's all the time.

Getting into games and simple challenges pop up such as just use melee on the first Hive and people start popping rounds off at enemies from the word go...

NinjaPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #46
xArockalypse

So help me if they made another empty promise of "We've taken care of hardscoping and no scoping." They've made this promise for how many years now and people still manage to do it.
xArockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #47
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Is it still worth playing though?
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #48
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

My bitch for today;

The singleplayer is so boring I'm going to have to force myself to finish like I did with Crysis 2. Haven't tried anything else as all my friends already have full parties.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #49
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

taking a step back from 3arc's SP, such a shame
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #50
YiazmatXII

YiazmatXII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
That is fucking rich.
stats don't lie....
Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #51
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Wait, another failed launch? This shit is spreading..
The launch isn't failed, it's just the game. This kind of stuff happens with every single COD.

I like bitching threads.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArockalypse View Post
So help me if they made another empty promise of "We've taken care of hardscoping and no scoping." They've made this promise for how many years now and people still manage to do it.
Simply because we find a way to do it because its what we enjoy doing.

You can hipfire with every gun in the game, if you wanna complain about noscoping may i suggest running into TDM and let me know how it goes for you.

At this point if they removed the way of sniping that cod are known for, alot of the community would disappear. Which is a thing no company wants.

Blackscoping isnt as rampant though

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #53
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

There's quite a bit I enjoy about the online, but not having at least one gun unlocked from each class from the start? The fuck is up with that?

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #54
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Well I've put the game up for sale already... It wasn't even in a moment of rage surprisingly. I wasn't playing it at the time, I just sat there and thought, "yeah, I don't need or want this".

I like bitching threads.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #55
combicoilag

combicoilag's Gamercard
looks like all the same gripes that come around every year. That's sad, they really touted this game as being a serious change. I've only bought one CoD at launch and that was MW3, and only because my friends convinced me that if I got the Hardened Edition with the free year of Elite we could make a clan and we would play all the time, it took 3 days for all of them to go back to Black Ops, then they made Elite free and worthless. So, glad I am waiting for this to decrease in price, maybe by the time I get they will balance it a little more.
combicoilag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #56
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I never once felt a "serious change" vibe was delivered as the game was starting development. Just looked and sounded like the same game that they release every year.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #57
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
The fuck is blackscoping? Every day there's some stupid new term in these games. Watching the live feed the other day I kept seeing a group of people quitting out and they kept saying "These kids are sweaty, back out." Is that like the next level of "tryhard" or something? Like they're trying so hard they're sweating or am I just so out of the loop that I need to order a version of Rosetta Stone that teaches me to speak Dipshit?

Last edited by WalterWhite; 11-06-2013 at 04:57 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #58
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
The fuck is blackscoping? Every day there's some stupid new term in these games. Watching the live feed the other day I kept seeing a group of people quitting out and they kept saying "These kids are sweaty, back out." Is that like the next level of "tryhard" or something? Like they're trying so hard they're sweating or am I just so out of the loop that I need to order a version of Rosetta Stone that teaches me to speak Dipshit?
I'm right there with you. I tire of all these fucking terms: tryhard, noob, epic, leet, quickscoping, dropshotting, YOLO, swag, noscoping, etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #59
dennisb407

dennisb407's Gamercard
lol 3 xbox and 2 ps copies already used at Gamestops within driving distance, might use that 25% off SOTW coupon and get the PS3 version. Not sure yet though. I haven't even opened my Prestige edition yet, Im not sure if I want to sell camera,cord and 12moXBL together or separately
dennisb407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #60
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by combicoilag View Post
I've only bought one CoD at launch and that was MW3, and only because my friends convinced me that if I got the Hardened Edition with the free year of Elite we could make a clan and we would play all the time, it took 3 days for all of them to go back to Black Ops, then they made Elite free and worthless.
This made me smile, and i'm not in a very smiley mood.
Well done.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote