PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
Voodoo

Voodoo C9's Gamercard
This sounds promising. I was kicking myself for not leveling to 100 last week. Does anyone have an estimate what the RP would be for a mid 80s character on this one?

Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As someone below 30 and post stimulus package, I have to say ranking up is very daunting and kind of puts me off from trying to be a high rank. It would require months and months of playing time I don't have anymore. Maybe two years ago, but not now. I wonder if a lot of new players will stay very long.

I am going to stop at 25 and move on.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #33
TigerII

I wonder if it will be a dead online in a year?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #34
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I wonder if it will be a dead online in a year?
a year seems to be stretching it a bit lol
Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post

GTA is too big and popular for that
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #36
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytmares 13 View Post
Race: Shore Up
2 Laps, mega RP boost completing lap 1... However I have noticed, after getting the lap 1 RP, you don't earn any more as a message pops saying you have reached the RP limit for this event... So you will not earn any completion RP... it's purely for the 1st lap, can complete within 2 minutes.
also I just did this with 2 friends, I didnt get a huge RP boost at all (at level 81, 2 laps)...did you have the times set to world record or personal as that may have screwed me over lol
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Why? GTAIV's servers have been active for over 5 years. RDR is still being played. Just because it had a launch hiccup, doesn't mean every player will abandon the franchise lol

If it were true, nobody would be playing the Halo series solely b/c of how "Reach destroyed the Halo Formula"

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Why? GTAIV's servers have been active for over 5 years. RDR is still being played. Just because it had a launch hiccup, doesn't mean every player will abandon the franchise lol
thought the statement I replied to was just about the online part not the whole GTA series (which I doubt would die)....but yeah unless they make GTA 5 for next gen I cant see many people still playing it in a years time so it'll be pretty dead... but thats just me
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
thought the statement I replied to was just about the online part not the whole GTA series (which I doubt would die)....but yeah unless they make GTA 5 for next gen I cant see many people still playing it in a years time so it'll be pretty dead... but thats just me
It gets said a lot about quite a few games b/c of a hiccup or problem here or there. People assume a lot and wind up being wrong. I guarantee this online lasts longer than a year.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Old 11-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #40
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
I can confirm the shores up race, i have broken the world record like 4 times now. i think its the same settings as the other rp boost but on a different race.

I am online now if anyone wants to race with me, I have no mice and my gt is Syrinx vVv

Hope to play with you soon
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #41
DeltaForce

There's a mission called potshot where you can get 1400rp and $7000 in 2 minutes solo.

As soon as you start grab a car from the road, drive up the track to the van, as soon as you round the corner and see the two guys at the bridge stop, get out and kill them both, now wait around 20 seconds and the van will drive toward you, kill the driver and deliver the van.

Not sure how good that is in terms of rp compared to other stuff but it's a super easy/quick mission with what seems like decent rp and good money.
DeltaForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #42
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForce View Post
There's a mission called potshot where you can get 1400rp and $7000 in 2 minutes solo.

As soon as you start grab a car from the road, drive up the track to the van, as soon as you round the corner and see the two guys at the bridge stop, get out and kill them both, now wait around 20 seconds and the van will drive toward you, kill the driver and deliver the van.

Not sure how good that is in terms of rp compared to other stuff but it's a super easy/quick mission with what seems like decent rp and good money.
It sounds good but could you tell me how you keep doing the same mission over and over please?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #43
DeltaForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
It sounds good but could you tell me how you keep doing the same mission over and over please?
That's the only downsides you can't, once it's finished you have to press continue and return to freeroam, then load it up again.

With loading you could probably do the mission three times in 10 minutes.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #44
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForce View Post
That's the only downsides you can't, once it's finished you have to press continue and return to freeroam, then load it up again.

With loading you could probably do the mission three times in 10 minutes.
yeah i get all that lol what i mean is how do you get the job in the first place do you have to ring for it or do you have to wait for it to be given to you or is it something else?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #45
Voodoo

Voodoo C9's Gamercard
At level 87, I'm getting 2675-2750 RP per race solo on Down the Drain. Since they changed the payouts, it's based on the length of the race so set it up for 2 laps and make sure to take at least 4 minutes to finish. Class doesn't matter so just pick something slow. I tried 3 laps and 5-6 minutes to finish but it didn't increase the RP. If you finish in 3 minutes the payout is significantly decreased so I'm pretty sure the cap is at 4.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #46
DeltaForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
yeah i get all that lol what i mean is how do you get the job in the first place do you have to ring for it or do you have to wait for it to be given to you or is it something else?
I dunno what level is required but it's a mission for Trevor, I just go to online > jobs > host job > rockstar created > missions > potshot.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
At level 87, I'm getting 2675-2750 RP per race solo on Down the Drain. Since they changed the payouts, it's based on the length of the race so set it up for 2 laps and make sure to take at least 4 minutes to finish. Class doesn't matter so just pick something slow. I tried 3 laps and 5-6 minutes to finish but it didn't increase the RP. If you finish in 3 minutes the payout is significantly decreased so I'm pretty sure the cap is at 4.
So it's +2500 RP in 4 minutes, kinda crap method. A friend of mine (LV702) tried this (or kept on doing this) with Criminal Records, he just waited 2 minutes.

I'd rather do the COVETED mission, if I had to.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
Voodoo

Voodoo C9's Gamercard
Yeah, it's not great by any means but it takes little effort and it's quicker to restart than Coveted. You can practically do it with your eyes closed. Shore Up sounds pretty good for the lap one RP, though.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #49
Flibbity Floid

So i noticed the nerfing of Race payouts altogether and it is disappointing...but I also tried GTA Race last night for the first time and I didn't care about payouts anymore. I still wound up getting a medal completed for winning bets but it was all good fun.

If they nerfed Jobs, I can't notice it b/c I'd never played the Martin mission Jury Duty or something which I'd noticed but never done since I figured 1-8 ppl would be something painful. Took two tries but me and the guy in my car got 20k while the other 2 got 10k. I noticed missions have been reducing payouts on replaying them but if you haven't touched these missions, their overall main payments remains the same. Another example is I'd done Titan of a Job at least 10 times since it started paying $10k. I'd assumed it would keep loweing but I still got half (5k) last night. Armored trucks still pay out nicely and survival still kicks out 20k as we tried and survived the Beach Bum one.

Earning money and RP is far from impossible as far as I can tell. Started at 70 and was 73 within my 2 hours of playing.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #50
zaXor101

Hey Zaxor's Gamercard
Just play races and win. Easy and simple.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #51
Voodoo

Voodoo C9's Gamercard
Many of the missions are still good and I've done the Lester and Martin ones many, many times. You can't always get them when you want, though. My first character is at level 129 and most of that was from doing the good missions and a little CR grinding.

At this point, all I really want to do is get my second character to 100 with as little hassle as possible. I feel like I've played all of the missions to death.

Last edited by Voodoo; 11-21-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #52
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaXor101 View Post
It's a bigger grind now on most of the "easy" races like Criminal Records. 1st place paid out just over $1000 and nobody else made over $900 last night I believe. We tried multiple or one lap, different race styles, etc. It's most likely based on actual distance than time racing now.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #53
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaXor101 View Post
Not as easy and simple as it sounds if you start as last even turbo-start won't help you there. I won't even mention GTA mode...So no it's not.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #54
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Not as easy and simple as it sounds if you start as last even turbo-start won't help you there. I won't even mention GTA mode...So no it's not.
I'm sure he means pairing off with a friend but I wouldn't say the start-boost doesn't help the last starting position. I've won a few times. It's dependent on the car you have and positioning rather than simply starting first.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #55
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
I'm sure he means pairing off with a friend but I wouldn't say the start-boost doesn't help the last starting position. I've won a few times. It's dependent on the car you have and positioning rather than simply starting first.
Obviously a custom-car makes a lot of difference. Didn't know that I have to point that out here.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #56
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Obviously a custom-car makes a lot of difference. Didn't know that I have to point that out here.
Obviously but I wasn't even saying that. Like if everyone doesn't have a custom sports car, we'll turn Custom off just so it's not super unfair to those not having one.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #57
Scotian Bred

Send a message via MSN to Scotian Bred

Scotian Bred's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   SOTF Winner   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm running 2 lap races on Shore up right now if anybody wants to play and I'm setting world records like crazy. LOL!

? Click Sig!

Last edited by Scotian Bred; 11-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Scotian Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #58
Ferocious Ogre

Ferocious Ogre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Yeah, I figured you were a high level. Seems like it might get you up to 100 haha
i guess i found the easy way.

Do more jobs on martin, lester and ron or when trevors jobs appear at random, they have good RP and cash boost than survival so survival is just too boring.
Ferocious Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #59
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocious Ogre View Post
i guess i found the easy way.

Do more jobs on martin, lester and ron or when trevors jobs appear at random, they have good RP and cash boost than survival so survival is just too boring.
I love doing survivals personally.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #60
Ferocious Ogre

Ferocious Ogre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post
I love doing survivals personally.
which is slow to earn rp just saying
Ferocious Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote