Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #511
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd love to get Ridge Racer 6 again. My favorite racing game on the 360 and I'd love to have another copy to play.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #512
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Oh man, November's coming to a close. Wonder what could be next.

I'm one of the few people who hasn't played Braid, and wants to. Fingers crossed I can nab it for free sometime with this program.

I'd also like to see:

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Bastion
-Battlefield 1943
-Fez
-Mega Man 9 or 10
-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
-Shadow Complex

Or retail:
-Assassin's Creed (probably won't happen since ACII was already free as others mentioned)
-Deadly Premonition
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
-Killer is Dead
-LEGO Indiana Jones
-Shadows of the Damned

This is basically what's on my backlog right now, for the most part.

Would like to start and finish all of these before foraying into the Xbox One. Definitely trying to go for every one of those retail games, but for arcade I don't care so much aside from Braid and Fez. Really want to play those two.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #513
Dramatic Unknown

Dramatic Unknwn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post

I'm one of the few people who hasn't played Braid, and wants to. Fingers crossed I can nab it for free sometime with this program.

I'd also like to see:

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Bastion
-Battlefield 1943
-Fez
-Mega Man 9 or 10
-Shadow Complex

Or retail:
-Assassin's Creed (probably won't happen since ACII was already free as others mentioned)
-Deadly Premonition
-Killer is Dead
-LEGO Indiana Jones
-Shadows of the Damned

Would like to start and finish all of these before foraying into the Xbox One. Definitely trying to go for every one of those retail games, but for arcade I don't care so much aside from Braid and Fez. Really want to play those two.
I feel Banjo wouldn't be a game that people would be interested in. Battlefield 1943 would be a PERFECT free arcade game, in honor of Battlefield 4 recently being released.
Megaman 9 & 10 would make good free games, but wouldn't be too hyped up for this. That's probably because 1) it's just me, 2) They're both kinda short, even if it's megaman we're talking about (although playing as Protoman on 10 is a slightly different experience and worth playing over again because of that), and 3) I already own both those games.
Mortal Kombat Kollection would be nice too, I also own this, but christ there's a person (not a person, more like a monster) that I just can't, for the love of god, DEFEAT on either MK2 or MK3. Tried playing MP on there and got my ass annihilated.
Pretty much quit playing it and 2 years later I haven't bothered touching the game since then.

With all that said, they should consider adding Battlefield Bad Company 1 to upcoming free games with gold. Still quite a number of people playing on multiplayer, and would be great if the game became free and then the number of people in MP multiplies
Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #514
BiggD
68 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:

I'd also like to see:

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Bastion
-Battlefield 1943
-Fez
-Mega Man 9 or 10
-Shadow Complex

Or retail:
-Deadly Premonition
-Killer is Dead
-LEGO Indiana Jones
-Shadows of the Damned

Banjo Kazooie would be great. I already have it on my HDD if I decided to replay or recomplete it on my new tag, but I wouldn't mind running through it again. Banjo Tooie would be better, for me at least.

I also can dig Enslaved and Braid and Fez, as I've heard nothing but good things about it and have never experienced it.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #515
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Error 000 View Post
I feel Banjo wouldn't be a game that people would be interested in.
I don't think many of the free games with gold are that interesting. My opinion of course but I just get bored to tears when I think of Magic the Gathering, Rainbow Six Vegas (hated those controls), World of Keflings, Defense Grid Crackdown, etc. My taste in games might shift to suit a slower and more methodical method of playing when I'm in my 40s, maybe, but for now I want something I can sit down and play without groaning and getting bored in five minutes.

The only gold game I downloaded and completed was Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. Still need to start DR2 but these were probably the best titles this program had to offer so far aside from Halo 3 or Clash of Heroes.

There's plenty of people with different tastes is all I'm basically saying. I've downloaded and played every game from June or whenever it started, and I'll keep downloading these games so I can go back to them if I ever want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I also can dig...Braid. I've heard nothing but good things about it
Have you seen Soulja Boy's review? He thought Braid was stupid as hell.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #516
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Have you seen Soulja Boy's review? He thought Braid was stupid as hell.

Soulja Boy Provides His Thoughts On Braid - YouTube
I remember watching that video years ago and wondering to myself, why don't the shitty rappers ever get shot?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #517
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I remember watching that video years ago and wondering to myself, why don't the shitty rappers ever get shot?
I wonder this myself. I haven't personally played Braid, but have heard nothing good about it. Here he is, stomping on it :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
SWAG!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #518
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I wonder this myself. I haven't personally played Braid, but have heard nothing good about it. Here he is, stomping on it :/
Braid is not a terrible game, but it's not as good or as amazing as people make it out to be. It's over rated.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #519
BiggD
68 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Braid is not a terrible game, but it's not as good or as amazing as people make it out to be. It's over rated.
Make sure Walter White doesn't see that comment.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #520
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Your face is overrated.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #521
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Your face is overrated.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #522
Slaughter.
Roung 'n' Yeckless

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Braid is the worst game I've ever played. Most boring gameplay I've ever seen. I despise platformers now because of it :/

Come at me breh

Most recent completion -
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #523
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I don't like platformers to begin with. Looks like a cool game though, just isn't thing.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #524
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Awards Showcase Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Make sure Walter White doesn't see that comment.
Quote:
Your face is overrated.
Too late haha

How soon do we find out when December's first game is going to be?

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #525
BelgianPrince87

D2KGhostWarrior's Gamercard
i think anything i havent played yet. something with a good story too it
BelgianPrince87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #526
Slaughter.
Roung 'n' Yeckless

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianPrince87 View Post
i think anything i havent played yet. something with a good story too it
IDEA!

BioShock

Most recent completion -
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #527
Fozki Razormaid

Silent Zeo's Gamercard
I would like banjo as a free game

if bioshock goes free I hope its the 2nd game
because I liked the multiplayer

I'm hoping for

final fantasy 13-2
Star ocean
fallout 3
MK AC
Red alert 3
Backbreaker
Blezblue CS
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #528
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

I would like to see some actual retail games come up next. Halo 3, Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 were great free games, and you're not telling me that after eight years Microsoft can't find a retail game they can't make free for two weeks on Xbox Live.

Since they previously made Assassin's Creed II free, why not Assassin's Creed I? THey should also look at other early classics for the 360, including BioShock, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 and Dead Space. It's like Microsoft aren't trying with the program right now, focusing all their efforts on fixing the Xbox One.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (7/31/2014) 96

Games 100%: 85
Latest: LEGO Marvel

Working on:
World of Tanks (520/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
Jumper (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #529
Dramatic Unknown

Dramatic Unknwn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
I would like to see some actual retail games come up next. Halo 3, Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 were great free games, and you're not telling me that after eight years Microsoft can't find a retail game they can't make free for two weeks on Xbox Live.

Since they previously made Assassin's Creed II free, why not Assassin's Creed I? THey should also look at other early classics for the 360, including BioShock, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 and Dead Space. It's like Microsoft aren't trying with the program right now, focusing all their efforts on fixing the Xbox One.
That's what I said too, it'd be nice if AC1 was coming up. Seems like nobody wants Bioshock, Oblivion would be cool. CoD4 would be cool also, and never played DS so I wouldn't know.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #530
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post

Dead Space would be sick. I borrowed it off a mate ages ago and finished it, but I'd like to run through it agin before I go through 2 and 3.

Braid or Fez would be nice. If anyone's not seen it yet, check this docufilm thing out, pretty interesting. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/ Has interviews from the creators of Fez, Braid and Super Meat Boy.

Banjo Kazooie would be another good one personally, not sure why anyone would think that it would be a game people aren't interested in.

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Dav13s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #531
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Seems like Banjo Kazooie is a popular choice here. I wouldn't mind checking it out if it was free. Been a while, but I watched my brother play it on PS1

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #532
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Seems like Banjo Kazooie is a popular choice here. I wouldn't mind checking it out if it was free. Been a while, but I watched my brother play it on PS1
Surely you mean N64...

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Dav13s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #533
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Banjo and kazooie eh eeeee that brings back some memories haha id be happy with that game too

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #534
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav13s View Post
Surely you mean N64...
Probably, my mind gets a little fuzzy after 10+ years. I recently referred to the original Metal Gear Solid as a N64 game, my friend was like haha

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #535
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav13s View Post
Indie Game: The Movie was a bit too dramatized...but everyone on this site needs to watch it. Nice of you to mention it. Every "gamer" needs to watch it. Very cool look at the traumatizing and rigorous efforts an indie dev needs to go through. Makes you appreciate indie games that much more. I think it's still on Netflix streaming.

Can't wait for Below.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #536
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Banjo and kazoo yes. Loved that game.

Something more recent cod4 a.c.1 really guys stop setting the bar low for Microsoft. Microsoft Give out a.c.3 or black ops. Newer games I mean fuck give out gears 3 instead of 1. We are paying for live Microsoft give out some good newer games. Stop giving us games that were awesome 8 years ago.

Halo 3 2007
Crackdown 2007
Rainbow six. Vegas 2006
Gears of war 2006
A.c.2 2009 7 a.c. games have released since then

Why not halo 4 Microsoft the online needs a boost badly and halo 5 is around the corner

How about forza 4 since 5 is on one.

Saints row 3 and ac 3 are on plus now I hear. Think business you'd garner in future and imagine happy feedback. Every month nelsons games with gold tweet page comments section is closed I wonder why.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 12-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #537
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Would love Batman:AA, but that would never happen

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #538
BiggD
68 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Why not halo 4 Microsoft the online needs a boost badly and halo 5 is around the corner.
12 months is around the corner...? Okay. And that's to say the Halo 5 is indeed Halo Xbox One.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #539
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Every month nelsons games with gold tweet page comments section is closed I wonder why.
Hahaha I wonder why. But still, no need for him to be bashed based on what free games are picked.

Quote:
SWAG!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #540
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I think Bulletstorm would be perfect, I know almost EVERYONE would love that game.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote