PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #31
LovecraftsTentacle

DeadShade 84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
You actually have to do 2 kart races with her (there are 3 Maria Hill missions, the first and third are both kart races) what worked for me was, upon start of the race be "aiming" right at her, to the right, with your kart and hit her immediately at the start. That screws her up and slows her down. I won both kart races cheating that way.

Now, there's a race with Ghost Rider I can't do, he just totally flies by and kicks my ass, I need to find a faster vehicle than just the cars on the street, they are nowhere near quick enough to hang with him.
Yeah, I finally beat the Maria Hill stuff, soooo frustrating though. I had trouble with those Ghost Rider ones also. I got real lucky and he got stuck on some of the traffic and I was able to cruise to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
I cheated and had my brother do it while I stood in front of her to slow her down.
I wish I'd seen this before

Soon to be Boosting Gears of War
LovecraftsTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #32
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I ended this particular LEGO game with some very unusual stats because there are just some wacky design flaws in the game. Just to be clear, I still got all of the achievements even with these stats:

Studs: 31,680574,630
Completion Percentage: 99.9%
Characters Unlocked: 115/115
Minikits: 162/150
Gold Bricks: 249/250
True Believer: 26/26
Red Bricks: 11/11
Stan Lee: 50/50

I always turn on the Stud Multipliers, even if I don't need to. As an aside, I've always thought it was funny that every name they've given to the Red Brick that grants the passive ability to draw Studs to your character has always had subtle sexual innuendo, especially Stud Magnet.

Anyway, I only got 99.9% because I didn't get a Gold Brick for picking up all 50 Stan Lee's. I still got the 100% achievement by starting and exiting a level. But I think I didn't get the Gold Brick because the last Stan I found was in a level and not in New York. So if you're concerned about getting that last brick, hold off on the New York map Stans until you've gotten the ones in the levels. This might even prevent the perpetual Stan icon over the Circus Tent, but I dunno.

And then I picked up an extra 12(!) Minikits. I had 10/10 ending stats for every level but these:

Sand Central Station: 14/10
Exploration Laboratory: 14/10
Juggernauts and Crosses: 12/10
Doctor in the House: 12/10

It finally dawned on me that these were levels in which I found a Minikit or two in Story Mode and also used the mid-level save. This also didn't prevent me from getting the 100% achievement, but every time I've ever tried to use their mid-level save points, something strange has happened to my game.

I will not trust or use them in the future, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovecraftsTentacle View Post
I had trouble with those Ghost Rider ones also. I got real lucky and he got stuck on some of the traffic and I was able to cruise to victory.
For the Ghost Rider races, or any race against another character, I started the race dialogue, but before I got into the green circle, I'd line 2-3 cars from nearby traffic side-by-side in front of him.

On one or two races, when I crossed the finish line and it cut to my opponent, they were still stuck at the starting position behind the cars.

Last edited by Jack Frost; 11-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
I ended this particular LEGO game with some very unusual stats because there are just some wacky design flaws in the game. Just to be clear, I still got all of the achievements even with these stats:

Studs: 31,680574,630
Completion Percentage: 99.9%
Characters Unlocked: 115/115
Minikits: 162/150
Gold Bricks: 249/250
True Believer: 26/26
Red Bricks: 11/11
Stan Lee: 50/50

I always turn on the Stud Multipliers, even if I don't need to. As an aside, I've always thought it was funny that every name they've given to the Red Brick that grants the passive ability to draw Studs to your character has always had subtle sexual innuendo, especially Stud Magnet.

Anyway, I only got 99.9% because I didn't get a Gold Brick for picking up all 50 Stan Lee's. I still got the 100% achievement by starting and exiting a level. But I think I didn't get the Gold Brick because the last Stan I found was in a level and not in New York. So if you're concerned about getting that last brick, hold off on the New York map Stans until you've gotten the ones in the levels. This might even prevent the perpetual Stan icon over the Circus Tent, but I dunno.

And then I picked up an extra 12(!) Minikits. I had 10/10 ending stats for every level but these:

Sand Central Station: 14/10
Exploration Laboratory: 14/10
Juggernauts and Crosses: 12/10
Doctor in the House: 12/10

It finally dawned on me that these were levels in which I found a Minikit or two in Story Mode and also used the mid-level save. This also didn't prevent me from getting the 100% achievement, but every time I've ever tried to use their mid-level save points, something strange has happened to my game.

I will not trust or use them in the future, for sure.

For the Ghost Rider races, or any race against another character, I started the race dialogue, but before I got into the green circle, I'd line 2-3 cars from nearby traffic side-by-side in front of him.

On one or two races, when I crossed the finish line and it cut to my opponent, they were still stuck at the starting position behind the cars.
That's what I also did. lol
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #34
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am missing 1 gold brick and there is nothing left to do in the levels or in free roam. Fuck me.

EDIT: It was that fucking race in the middle of the ocean across from Feeling Fisky. It didn't show up when I flew past it. Had to reload the game before it showed up. How stupid.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 11-04-2013 at 05:37 AM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #35
jpm5150

jpm5150's Gamercard
I cheated and had my brother do it while I stood in front of her to slow her down.[/QUOTE]
Love this solution! haha
jpm5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #36
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
No classic purple Hawkeye outfit.

EDIT ... NM it's in the DLC costume pack ... :| But there's not enough replay value for me to justify the purchase.

Last edited by artphobia; 11-07-2013 at 06:09 AM.
artphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #37
PETER DRAGON

PETER DRAGON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
I've done 2 crazy cat lady missions so far, you're right, neither time is the cat RIGHT at the arrow spot, but is nearby and you have to hunt a bit.

As far as Gambit's card, it is literally stuck in a tree (like he tells you) and the tree is near the spot it tells you it is, but it's not RIGHT there. It's not a big tall tree, it's a short one, almost like a shrub. Hunt around a bit, you'll find it.
The Gambit card was NOT there the first 2 times I tried it, then on the tird it was almost in plain sight
PETER DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #38
Melanopterus

LoliZombie's Gamercard
It's actually disappointing that this game has bugs and bad flying mechanics because it's actually so much better than the last few (as far as entertainment). Without those problems it would have been one of the best lego games.

Thanks Sir Absynthe for the awesome sig ^_^
Melanopterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
skeebear

Woolou's Gamercard
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I thought the flying mechanics were bad, now I've come across a remote control car course on top of a building for a Gold Brick, holy crap, the most impossible thing to control ever, one minute left if left then left is right and up is back and what the what? Why have they fucked this game up so much???
skeebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #40
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebear View Post
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I thought the flying mechanics were bad, now I've come across a remote control car course on top of a building for a Gold Brick, holy crap, the most impossible thing to control ever, one minute left if left then left is right and up is back and what the what? Why have they fucked this game up so much???
Use only the thumbstick and nothing else. It becomes a lot easier when you do.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #41
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
plenty to bitch about

the game froze on me a total of 9 times so far but only in the open city. its glitched as hell. the map still shows 2 stan in peril icons even though i got them. but the worst is im stuck at 99.9% and need caps bike but i did the mission to unlock it. try to buy it but it still shows up as locked. wtf! they need to patch this game. it freezes more and has more glitches than lego batman 2.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
Hokie Ghost

FNSUITE GHOST's Gamercard
For me it was mainly:

1) Any time I re-played a bonus level, upon completion, all icons on NY map of items collected during session re-appear and remain until quit and reloading. I.e. Collected a random gold brick and vehicle token, replayed a bonus level, upon completion, symbols on map for these 2 collectibles re-appear even though they have been collected previously.

2) Black Panther mission being unplayable in co-op. ALWAYS freezes, like literally tried 10 times, but did not freeze in solo.

3) First Maria Hill go-kart race was a little painful, until you get the hang of it.

4) Remote control car race on rooftop (the one with the annoying jump) was a little painful as the controls would change depending on angle up would become down and down up and alternate.

5) 1 Minikit gave me issues, it was the one on the level where you get a minikit from electrifying a switch, then controlling a submarine and diving underwater. This minikit was fine. However, the switch still remains electrified (visually) upon completion of submarine usage and you have to electrify it a second time in order to get the minikit on the yacht with the crane. TBH I had to look this one up!
Hokie Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie Ghost View Post
4) Remote control car race on rooftop (the one with the annoying jump) was a little painful as the controls would change depending on angle up would become down and down up and alternate.
The trick to this is only use the left thumbstick to control the car. Simply point where you want it to go.

If you try with the left and right triggers, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #44
MattyBoosh

MATTY B00SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but my controls in NYC have gone into this weird inverted mode. To go forward I have to push my thumbstick into a down/right position.

As a former TT employee (worked on LEGO Batman 2), I fully expected that there would be bugs-a-plenty, but some on this game are truly horrific, but I'm not in the least bit surprised.

"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconsistency is my very essence,' -says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."
MattyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #45
Schfooge

Schfooge's Gamercard
The first Maria Hill race gave me no end of difficulty. When I saw there was a second race, I was almost ready to quit the game there. However, the second race was ridiculously easy, and I won on the first attempt.
Schfooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #46
Schfooge

Schfooge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post

On the first Maria Hill race, I changed characters to the Hulk, and placed him in front of her car. Then I switched to the other character and started the race. Unfortunately, the game automatically moved the Hulk out of the way before the race started.
Schfooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #47
PR Mega X

Send a message via AIM to PR Mega X

Predator Ranger's Gamercard
So I'm missing one damn gold brick. All of the races still showing on my map are for Spider-Man/Hawkeye, and yield a purple stud. Are there any well-known tricky bricks I could be missing?

Edit: Nevermind, I decided to sacrifice the ability to get enough sleep for work tomorrow and continue my hunt. For those wondering, it was a race way up in the sky, over the water. Starting point is out in the water to the left of the pipes and tanks where you helped Black Panther; somewhere between Roxxon and the Bro-tunheim quest.

Last edited by PR Mega X; 11-20-2013 at 04:22 AM.
PR Mega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #48
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
more to bitch about

just got the retailer dlc for this game and EVERYTIME i try to access the 2 new dlc vehicles...gues what happens? it freezes on me. im so pissed that i cant use them. this game NEEDS to be patched!
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #49
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
Wow just tried to do the flying on the roof of X Men Mansion... awful.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #50
BrenteusMaximus

BrenteusMaximus's Gamercard
Where do I begin with my Lego Marvel woes? The game has frozen on me more times than I can count. I've had fall death glitches mid-level, AI allies getting stuck in all manner of objects, the control scheme is crapola, I mean the flight is sketchy, even the action controls are hit and miss, and a personal pet peeve of mine is that you're not able to invert Y on the camera, which I do in every 3rd person game I play, local co-op split screen is practically unplayable (just stick to a split down the middle... works in borderlands 2 just fine), and finally, the location icons for fetch missions is ridonculous! I've never had to actually google an item location in a lego game before, let alone had to do it so often as I've had to with this game. Very disappointing.

BrenteusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #51
venomlode

venomlode's Gamercard
you just put a vehicles in front of him block his path it works
venomlode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #52
CooperTrooper93

CooperTrooper93's Gamercard
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaxman View Post
Wow just tried to do the flying on the roof of X Men Mansion... awful.
Actually got that one on my first try, surprisingly. I can't get the one on the Shield Hellicarrier though!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Not had any of the weird problems that others have had but FFS when will they update the engine or whatever so the game doesn't just freeze. They've been doing that for so long but they never seem to be interested in trying to find out why and fix it. I don't recall ever getting a ptach for a Lego game!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
CooperTrooper93

CooperTrooper93's Gamercard
Thumbs up Finally done with this pos game!

I can confirm that the 100% is glitched. I got 99.99% by getting my last minikit in a level, exited the level by pressing pause and saving.

Lo and behold, I got my achievement for completing the game to 100% when I had 249/250 Gold Bricks and 99.99% game completion. What a relief to be done with this game! I'm probably never playing a new LEGO video game again!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
^ Just finished the game and same. I've never ever played a game that froze more than a couple of times, this must have frozen 20-30 times on me but thankfully it didn't ruin my progress or save file... it did freeze once right after I bought a character and it was saving, I was worried!
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #56
boromirbeauty

boromirbeauty's Gamercard
At least 3 races that I have won continue to show up as flags on my map. In addition, when I won them I did not receive the gold brick for them and yet they show as the reward for winning them is a purple stud. I have raced them all several times since the first win and won them all again and now brick. I also have to mention that each of these races you are required to use the Spider-Man Dune Buggy.
Anyone else run into this problem?
boromirbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #57
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromirbeauty View Post
At least 3 races that I have won continue to show up as flags on my map. In addition, when I won them I did not receive the gold brick for them and yet they show as the reward for winning them is a purple stud. I have raced them all several times since the first win and won them all again and now brick. I also have to mention that each of these races you are required to use the Spider-Man Dune Buggy.
Anyone else run into this problem?
Fortunately, the races that require specific vehicles do not have gold bricks associated with them and are not required for 100%.

You'll really be happy about this if you attempt the races that involve Hawkeye's Sky-cycle, for sure...
Old 12-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #58
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Some of the races in this game are absolutely ridiculous.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #59
dexcompleted

sulfurousgalaxy's Gamercard
Looking back I wish the DLC characters had been with the base game Syf... But I traded the game in at EB 2 weeks after release and got $20 in credit. Well adapted now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Some of the races in this game are absolutely ridiculous.
Rooftop checkpoint races had me gamer raging- that Daredevil type one that had a few ramps and wires had me so close too many times for my liking.

So pleased that parking a car in front of an opponent is like cheating a win. And that satisfaction from nudging Maria Hill into her own walls felt great.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #60
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexcompleted View Post
So pleased that parking a car in front of an opponent is like cheating a win. And that satisfaction from nudging Maria Hill into her own walls felt great.
That actually works? Maria has been kicking my ass, I'm going to try that the next time I boot up the game.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote