PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rise of the Guardians
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Your Favorite Guardian?

I'm just going to start this off with this helpful tip: You CAN change the guardian you play as in the game by pressing or on the D-PAD. I tried every button thinking one of them was used to switch between guardians, but didn't find any luck so I thought I was stuck with Santa the whole time. It wasn't until I reached the 3rd world that I actually tried the D-Pad and realized you can switch it from there :P

Anyways, back to the topic. After figuring out how to change your Guardian, I played a bit with each one and found out that the ranged Guardians were definitely better. My favorite in the game has to be the Easter Bunny (or whatever his name is in the game). His ranged attacks are very fast (allowing you to get that 50-hit combo achievement really easy) and his move is one of the best in the game. He basically plants an egg bomb that explodes into smaller eggs that basically kills off everything in half the screen. I know the game is very easy and you can probably just get away with mashing through the whole game with any character, but I found myself sticking to the Easter Bunny cause he tore through the enemies the quickest.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
lefman

GREG XX JORDAN's Gamercard
Great tip! I'll be trying out the bunny in a couple days then...
lefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
fifth5urvivor

fifth5urvivor's Gamercard
Bunny is the bomb. That B-attack is really useful too. Kids game or not I found myself getting overwhelmed sometimes as some levels are very shaded making some enemies (and chests for that matter) easy to miss.

Retail: 51
Arcade: 18
Windows 8: 4
Android: 1

Reached 99 999 on October 29, 2013
50 Retail at 100% Achieved March 26, 2014
fifth5urvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'd planned to use Jack Frost but ended up going with Bunnymund the entire time. His ranged attacks and special were the best of the bunch.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I believe everybody whos played through the game is gonna say Bunnymund because he makes the game ridiculously easy lol