PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag > Freedom Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry Mission 6 optional objectives

this mission is seriously stupid for getting the 100% on. you have to do all 5 and cant kill anyone. i just did that by using fists, smoke bombs and the sleep darts which last time i checked, ARE ALL NON LETHAL!!!! yet after doing all 5 i didnt get credit for it. if some stupid guard got shot by one of his buddies, thats his fault not mine (i didnt use human shield at all) and its not fair to penalize the player. the objective says "do not kill anyone while doing the investigations". i wasnt aware i had to also play babysitter to these idiots and make sure their friends dont kill them too.

can anyone give any tips because this is seriously the stupidest mission in the whole DLC.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
coffegalen

coffegalen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
this mission is seriously stupid for getting the 100% on. you have to do all 5 and cant kill anyone. i just did that by using fists, smoke bombs and the sleep darts which last time i checked, ARE ALL NON LETHAL!!!! yet after doing all 5 i didnt get credit for it. if some stupid guard got shot by one of his buddies, thats his fault not mine (i didnt use human shield at all) and its not fair to penalize the player. the objective says "do not kill anyone while doing the investigations". i wasnt aware i had to also play babysitter to these idiots and make sure their friends dont kill them too.

can anyone give any tips because this is seriously the stupidest mission in the whole DLC.
The thing is, you can complete all 5 investigation without even attacking with your sleep darts etc.
If you fail a investigation or get caught and hunted just reload the checkpoint. The investigations you already have completed will still be completed even after you reload last checkpoint.

You have to finish the mission before the objective counts as complete!

Last edited by coffegalen; 12-20-2013 at 08:50 AM.
coffegalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
MADCV

MADCV's Gamercard
Same exact problem with me.
They should word the Objective properly to say "don't get seen or kill anyone"

Xbox ONE/360 - MADCV
( and PS3 too I guess... - MrADCV )
MADCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffegalen View Post
The thing is, you can complete all 5 investigation without even attacking with your sleep darts etc.
If you fail a investigation or get caught and hunted just reload the checkpoint. The investigations you already have completed will still be completed even after you reload last checkpoint.

You have to finish the mission before the objective counts as complete!
are you not allowed to be seen or hunted? because it doesnt mention that at all. i figure you should be able to beat up guys that chase you and as long as they arent dead you should be fine, but it doesnt count after i do everything and go back to the black chick.

i never thought about reloading the checkpoint and getting to continue. guess i'll try that out.

MSG me on Live!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
MADCV

MADCV's Gamercard
Yeah it's a bit ridiculous.
So one play through do the 3 easiest Investigations ie: the two crash tackle messengers and that guy with the letter up north, without being spotted, hunted or killing people.
Then, visit the brothel chick.
Finish, get the objective and sigh at the poorly worded Optional Objective.

Then, 2nd play through, do all 5 Investigations and kill the whole town for the inconvenience of having to do stuff twice.

Cos as we all know, most people don't have the patience to play for a yawn-worthy or poorly worded optional objective on their first go, or at all.
Silly Ubisoft for thinking anyone nowadays has that much vested interest. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Xbox ONE/360 - MADCV
( and PS3 too I guess... - MrADCV )

Last edited by MADCV; 12-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.
MADCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
coffegalen

coffegalen's Gamercard
No my bad , you can be hunted, but it is hard to escape and hide (soldiers everywhere) so what i did was just reload checkpoint and try again.

Your arent allowed to use your fists!
coffegalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

you CANT use your fists? WTF?! beating someone up CLEARLY does not kill them (they are rolling around in pain). wow, epic fail, Ubisoft.

MSG me on Live!
Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
Exodized

Exodized's Gamercard
You can "knock out" enemies, and dart them to sleep (Dont use Zerker darts though) I put the guy on the ship to sleep, and tackled the other messenger.

The hardest by far was the easedropping... but once you figure out the route, its not as bad.

Lets see the guy with the key is easy since you can just pickpocket him then smokebomb away.

and finally the the guy sitting is easy to pickpocket as well...
Exodized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

if you actually are allowed to beat people up with your fists, then i should have gotten it....

MSG me on Live!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
ruckus

Ruckus360's Gamercard
I noticed that I didn't get the "do not kill anyone while investigating" objective until after completing the mission. Not after the actual investigations.
ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #11
Baseball Jr

JarringEntree06's Gamercard
I tried this multiple times knowing I didn't kill a single person, It got to the point where I didn't need to knock anybody out or ever being hunted. Then i read this and went to finish the mission and got it...Thanks
So if your sure you only knocked out people, finish the mission and you'll get it after the cutscene.
Baseball Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:04 AM   #12
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADCV View Post
So one play through do the 3 easiest Investigations ie: the two crash tackle messengers and that guy with the letter up north, without being spotted, hunted or killing people.
Then, visit the brothel chick.
Finish, get the objective and sigh at the poorly worded Optional Objective.

Then, 2nd play through, do all 5 Investigations and kill the whole town for the inconvenience of having to do stuff twice.
This is the best method for this stupid mission.

Doing both objectives at once is just too frustrating.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #13
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's really not that hard. Just never fight, but run away and hide instead. If you can't make it, just reload last checkpoint. After every single investigation there will be a new checkpoint. So i.e. you do the first messenger first, get the letter and then try to do the eavesdrop but fail it, you can reload last the checkpoint and it will put you back to the harbourmasters hut from the beginning. But you will still have the first investigation completed. I purpously failed, to check if that works, and it does. I had to reload checkpoint one more time, during the eavesdrop mission, because guards started attacking me. It was the fourth investigation I attempted, and after reloading, it still said that I have 3/5 completed.
Whenever I got detected during the fishermans objective, I just ran away and hid.
After I've done all 5 investigations I went back to the brothel woman (also DO NOT fight anyone on your way there, even if you are technically not investigating anymore) and the mission was 100% completed.

So:
- never fight guards (no matter if you use lethal or non-lethal weapons, just never fight)
- reload checkpoints when needed
Completed Xbox One Games (includes all DLC and Apps): 5

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #14
timmay0037

timmay0037's Gamercard
Hiding Spots

Try your hardest not to get seen by the people who will get alerted. Going from hiding spot to hiding spot worked for me and I got it on my second play through.
timmay0037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
DemonRaider1138

DemonRaider1138's Gamercard
I believe this was a bug that you couldn't use your fists. I did this just last week and beat up at least 20 people and knocked them out with just my fists. I finished the mission doing all 5 and also got the bonus objective for not killing anyone.
DemonRaider1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #16
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
don't enter combat at all. An easy way to get around this mission is to complete the objective for not killing anyone without being detected and do the 3 easiest missions that way then just complete the mission and replay it to get the last objective to do all 5. You do have to get both optional objectives at the same time.

The first time I tried this mission the random events to free salves were set up in such a way that it was impossible to get away with out being spotted. I just finished the mission and came back later and it was a lot easier this time with the more favorable spawns.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote