PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shoot Many Robots
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty:
5/10
-Offline:
10/12 (175)
-Online:
2/12 (25)
-Approximate amount of time to 200:
20+ Hours (Chances of item drops)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:
-Number of missable achievements:
None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?
No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?
1 (Stotally Tober Slaugter)
-Glitchy achievements:
None
-Unobtainable achievements:
None

Introduction:

Shoot Many Robots is a hectic and hilarious side-scrolling shoot-em up game. You take control of a Hill Billy character that has no goals other than to shoot lots and lots of robots. To add to the fun, this game has a cooperative mode that allows 4 players online and 2 players in splitscreen. The achievements are relatively simple. They require you to play through the game naturally, find three collectibles and play a little bit of multiplayer.

Step 1: Play The Game!
If you just casually play through it the achievements will come. Starting out in split screen or online multiplayer will allow you to progress much faster and obtain some of the multiplayer based achievements. There's two achievements that require you to do something specific, but hardly boast a challenge. Once you make it to Level 50 and unlock Hard mode, you don't have to continue the game any more.

Step 2:
Grinding/Collectibles
The achievement that will probably take the longest is the one that requires 10,000 kills. It's a bit of a grind, but you should be relatively close if you made it to level 50 already. As far as the collectibles go, you'll want to head back to Chapter 2 if you missed them and hope for the best. You need 3 specific item drops for 2 achievements, and Chapter 2 gives you the most chances. When you do find them, play any level with them equipped and you're done.

Step 3:
Mop Up
In case you missed out on the multiplayer achievements, you can still go back to any of the levels and get them with very little effort.
Conclusion:

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 08-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Shoot Many Robots 30
Kill 10000 robots!

This should come easily when you are going for the achievement to reach Level 50. However, an easy grind spot is Stage 6: Downtown Roadblock 2. This level should net you somewhere between 700-800 kills each time.

Shoot Some Robots 10
Kill 100 robots!

One of the first achievements you should get.There are at least 200 robots per level so this will come fairly early.

Happy 50th, Walter 20
Reach level 50!

There's no real XP farming so the only way to reach level 50 is to play through the game. Replaying through old levels will give less XP so keep advancing through the stages. Playing levels in Hard or Insane mode grant much more Xp than playing on the Normal difficulty.

Greetings, Earth Citizens 15
Beat a mission wearing the astronaut helmet and backpack!

This achievement revolves on how lucky you are on finding the two specific items. You will need to equip the following and play through an entire mission.

Astronaut Helmet

-Required Level: 12
-Cost: 13990 Nuts

E.V.A. Pack

-Required Level 13
-Cost: 13550 Nuts

-Higher chances to find these items on Level 2-1 and 2-2.

Lookie, Many Stars 20
Get 75 stars!

There are 305 Stars throughout the game while each level can grant you up to 5 Stars. The number of stars you get is determined by how many Nuts you collect throughout the level.

Tips
-Run through the levels as fast as possible. Quickly destroy enemies and grab the Nuts to keep your Multiplier up. The Multiplier will stay up as long as you keep grabbing Nuts.
-Play through older levels when you reach a higher level and obtain better gear. You will be able to run straight through the enemies while quickly collecting the Nuts along the way.
-Play with multiple people. More players equals more destruction and more Nuts! 3-4 players should keep your Multiplier at 3x or higher throughout the level.

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 08-03-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Dominate at Fatherhood 15
Beat a mission wearing the baby carrier!

This is another achievement that revolves around luck. You will need to find and equip the following item and play through an entire Mission.

Baby Carrier
-Required Level: 4
-Cost: 1170 Nuts

Higher chances to find this item on Level 1-1

Slotally Tober Saughter 15
Complete a mission on hard or insane without dying or drinking a beer!

You will unlock hard mode once you beat the last boss on Normal mode.

A simple way to do this is to find a few other players online and let them do all the work. You can stay at the very beginning of the level while the other players continue onwards and finish the level. You will teleport to a checkpoint when the other players reach one, but it shouldn't be a problem. It's also best to play on a level without a boss since you'll be teleported to it when your team reaches it.

Punch Many Bullets 15
Punch two bullets, killing two robots, with one melee swing!

Throughout the game, you will run into robots that fire red bullets. Push next to a red bullet and you will punch it back to the robot that shot it. Red bullets are also extremely common in later levels

Lower Carbon Footprints 20
Destroy a robot overlord in multiplayer!

Can be done in either Online or Split Screen Multiplayer.

The first time you will run into this boss is Robot Overload is Chapter 2: Foundry. He will also appear throughout the game at missions labeled Foundry or Factory. Will unlock as long as you beat the boss in a group of 2 or more players.

Get Over It 15
Revive other players 8 times!

Can be done in either Online or Split Screen Multiplayer.

Once your partner runs out of health you can run over to them and hold LB in order to revive them. Have your partner get killed by a robot or other environmental hazard. Revive and repeat until necessary.

Make Many Friends 10
Have someone you invite join you in an online game!

At the main menu, click Play Game and a lobby screen will appear. Invite someone while you're in the lobby. Once they join, you'll get the achievement.

You can find players to help you with this HERE.

Number One Tugnut 15
Come in 1st in a four player mission!

In order to come in first place, you have to kill the most robots. This can be done simply by starting up the survival level on Chapter 1 with 4 players. The 3 players NOT going for the achievement should die as soon as possible without shooting any robots. Let the remaining player finish the first wave and die when the bonus wave starts. You must beat the first wave or else it will not count as you beating the level and you won't get the achievement.

You can find players to help you with this HERE.

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 08-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Reserved...

Thanks to Gackt
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For some reason, I can't unlock the "carbon footprints" achievement. I've tried couch co-op and online on the final overlord mission and nothing. I wonder if it specifically has to be an earlier factory level without the chase sequence?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #6
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
For some reason, I can't unlock the "carbon footprints" achievement. I've tried couch co-op and online on the final overlord mission and nothing. I wonder if it specifically has to be an earlier factory level without the chase sequence?
Maybe the final boss mission doesn't work.

The boss I got the achievement from is located at Chapter 2: Foundry.

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 03-16-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
I don't have the game booted so I'm not sure what level it is, but I'm pretty sure that the first level with a factory setting has a perfect spot for Shoot Many Bullets. There's a little platform right after a checkpoint (I think?) that has a cannon above it and one of those mechs below it, and they always shoot at the same time. It might've been the second level that's in a factory, but it's definitely one of the two.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
JonathanT32

Send a message via AIM to JonathanT32 Send a message via Yahoo to JonathanT32

Jonxthxn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopakiller64 View Post
Maybe the final boss mission doesn't work.

The boss I got the achievement from is located at Chapter 2: Foundry.
Use this boss. This is one that doesn't trigger a chase sequence. Simply kill him for the achievement.

JonathanT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Couple of things I can confirm for you now. I did move my save and start fresh. I got up to level 25 before finally getting both backpack and helmet. The helmet dropped on the foundry on level 2 and the backpack on the oil fields of level 2 so I believe those levels are good bets for the drop. Doing any level earlier than stage 2 of normal meant I either got low level gear or higher level gear.

Also, I can confirm, the overlord achievement won't unlock on the final boss version but will on any other.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Couple of things I can confirm for you now. I did move my save and start fresh. I got up to level 25 before finally getting both backpack and helmet. The helmet dropped on the foundry on level 2 and the backpack on the oil fields of level 2 so I believe those levels are good bets for the drop. Doing any level earlier than stage 2 of normal meant I either got low level gear or higher level gear.
No offense, but I think the only thing you confirmed there is that the game is random.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
No offense, but I think the only thing you confirmed there is that the game is random.
No, I confirmed, at least in my game, that you need to play the correct level range to get the items. Saves people playing on the late levels of hard cos all you get from those is the loot specific to that level range.

Also, the guide writer asked me to post my findings, so er yeah

Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
JonathanT32

Jonxthxn's Gamercard
Is it possible to see the total number of robots killed? I ought to be pretty damn close to 10k.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
Blue Of Hearts

Blue of Hearts's Gamercard
Ponypo is right, the game's loot is not completely random at all. I just played a few rounds with a friend from the earlier levels, and when you go to 1-1.. you are bound not to get nadda. Well, I did get a few that I missed, so. At least we know, that the 2-1 and 2-2 area's drop loots around level 15 to 20.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
No, I confirmed, at least in my game, that you need to play the correct level range to get the items. Saves people playing on the late levels of hard cos all you get from those is the loot specific to that level range.

Also, the guide writer asked me to post my findings, so er yeah
Thanks for posting that....I got the baby carrier on my first run after I went back and played 1-1.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #15
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
To grind XP you can play a level that is difficult where there are many many enemies. Kill kill kill and die before the next checkpoint. You keep all XP earned before your death.
I learned the hard way dying over and over on a level in the second world and noticed I leveled up, died and kept the level increase.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I got the Baby Carrier in the level Robot County 6. Journey to Muddy Bottom - Mines.

I found a low level item in a later level...

Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
JonathanT32

Jonxthxn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
To grind XP you can play a level that is difficult where there are many many enemies. Kill kill kill and die before the next checkpoint. You keep all XP earned before your death.
I learned the hard way dying over and over on a level in the second world and noticed I leveled up, died and kept the level increase.
Playing any of the survivals on hard or insane will be the best way to lvl up. You will also earn more money.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #18
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanT32 View Post
Playing any of the survivals on hard or insane will be the best way to lvl up. You will also earn more money.
as long as people know that you MUST beat the level to keep the XP. Hard and insane can be pretty freaking hard for people

Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Can I do the 4 player achievement on one console using 4 controllers? You know the one where I have to get the highest score..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
Space Cadet

Pajolero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Can I do the 4 player achievement on one console using 4 controllers? You know the one where I have to get the highest score..
No, the game only supports 2-player local multiplayer.
Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
Drunken Deity

Drunken Deity's Gamercard
Good start to a guide. Here are some of the tips I have from my play experience so far:

- For Slotally Tober Saughter, you can still pick up beers that enemies drop in the level and get the achievement, you just can't use one of your beers in your inventory or die. I was able to unlock this achievement going back to the first level in hard mode (7-1) at level 42 and the best equipment I could find at the time with stats to increase all damage and bullet damage.

- If you still don't have Punch Many Bullets by the time you unlock hard mode, levels 8-1 (muddy village) and 8-3 (drilling grounds) are good stages to encounter a manageable amount of robots who shoot red bullets. I noticed I would kill 2 with 1 punch all the time with ease in these two levels.

- The best way to level up, in my experience, is to just keep pushing through the latest level you haven't beaten. Previous levels (even survival levels) stop giving decent experience pretty quickly after you beat them, so it's best to play the hardest level you haven't beaten, even if you die a lot as experience doesn't reset upon death. You DO need to beat the level in order for the experience you've gained to save, so you might be in for a long haul if you are heavily outgunned in a particular level.
Drunken Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #22
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can these two:

Quote:
Make Many Friends 10
Have someone you invite join you in an online game!

Number One Tugnut 15
Come in 1st in a four player mission!
be unlocked using split screen? i.e., I invite my girlfriend's gamertag into the game, she accepts on the same console and join.

And if I plug in 4 controllers?
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeker75 View Post
Can these two:

be unlocked using split screen? i.e., I invite my girlfriend's gamertag into the game, she accepts on the same console and join.

And if I plug in 4 controllers?
Sadly, no. I tried the same thing as well.

Also, this game is only 2 players in split-screen so you can't do the second one either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Deity View Post
Good start to a guide. Here are some of the tips I have from my play experience so far:
Thanks for the updates! I should be able to finish up the guide now that I have some free time again.

Thanks to Gackt

Last edited by koopakiller64; 03-29-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
For fast leveling up play a "quick match" and hope you get paired up with all lvl 50's I was going up 4-6 lvls per board when I was lvl 29 and playing on insane. The only bad part was I have no guns unlocked around my lvl so I am still using lvl 30 gear when I am now lvl 40ish
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Worker City is I think the best place to grind XP for higher level players. Worker City is in world 8.
It isn't too hard. Doesn't have any annoying enemies. No over amount of flying enemies. Has many checkpoints that have full refills. Just all around a good level

Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #26
SabinSeptor

Send a message via AIM to SabinSeptor Send a message via Yahoo to SabinSeptor

EG Sabin HC's Gamercard
A really easy way to discover items is to get to a survival as fast as you can. You can finish a chapter and then go back, but doing the survial over and over does a few things for you. It allows you to level pretty fast. It allows you to get a LOT of nuts. And it has the most possibilities to get crates to discover items. If you start getting nothing but bags of nuts then its time to move on to the next one. I JUST finished Normal the other night and had already reached level 41, I also had so many nuts I was able to easily buy better items as I found them. If you scroll down to the bottom on the Main Weapons, you will notice they cost over 500,000 nuts each. It does get quite costly but I have gotten to the point where I have been able to buy everything that I have discovered.

Heres a nice little tip if you don't already know as well. If you have an item that does say All Damage +100% and another item that does say All Damage 60% and Bullet Damage +60%, the second item will do more damage as the effects DO stack. For example, you can use the paper bag and a flame thrower/blunderbuss and do MASSIVE damage (melee with the blunderbuss because of its extremely slow fire rate).

I hope this info helps people. I know it has helped me.

Arcade 100% - Aegis Wing, Dash of Destruction, Golden Axe, Harm's Way, Minecraft, Shoot Many Robots, Xbox Live Labs

Over 300 games and growing for Xbox360. I'm always looking for help/boosters. Just send me a message and Friend Request at EG Sabin HC if you think I may have a game you or I both need help on.
SabinSeptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepEmRolling View Post
Thanks for posting that....I got the baby carrier on my first run after I went back and played 1-1.
jeez you are lucky. I cannot get the baby carrier for the life of me. I am level 50 and have tried 1-1 and Oil Fields a ton and it still has not dropped. Does anyone have any ideas? No one else on my friend's list had any trouble getting it, but I have played the game a ton and it will not freggin' drop. I have played through on normal, hard and insane with friends, have the flaming helmet and nothing.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Looks Great so far!
Let me know if it is complete and I will get it sorted for review and publishing
Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Shoot Many Robots Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Her feelings she hides. Her dreams she can't find. She's losing her mind. She's falling behind.
She can't find her place. She's losing her faith. She's falling from grace. She's all over the place.

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #30
w4rrior eh

W4rrior eh's Gamercard
Baby carrier not dropping for me after 3+ hours and 5 character restarts to from level 0-15 range.

Funny enough I plugged in a 2nd controller and it was the first item I picked up on my guest. The Guest has it's own save slot in the HDD memory, does anyone know if it's possible to use this as my gamertag?
w4rrior eh is offline   Reply With Quote