PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: SP or Online?
Single Player 35 74.47%
Online 12 25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #31
Angry Tripod

Angry Tripod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
despite the issues with mp, i would have to say it is still the crown jewel of this game. it is exactly like campaign but with other players in the room, you feel immersed in a normal city or a wartorn city, depending on the room. the amount of activities, missions, customization and scale. the multiplayer is hands down where you will get the most replay value.

Sig: Rajeanero
Survival Horror Enthusiast
Angry Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #32
ERrorMACro

cCrono's Gamercard
Gonna have to go with the single player. Great story line with many innovative missions.
ERrorMACro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #33
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
There's a rumor with the Mt. Chilliad painting that you can obtain a jetpack in the game. There are also (four?) UFOs in the game and obviously a lot of people are thinking it has something to do with it because they don't serve much other purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!

There is a mural on the wall in the Mt. Chiliad tram station at the top. It depicts a ufo, a cracked egg, and a jetpack. There are also lines and boxes with x's in them. Also, if you go up to the observation deck on the top of the mountain, go to the back side and see scratched in the side of the deck, "Come back when your story is complete".

This started the whole conspiracy discussion. Someone came back after getting 100% complete, at 3am, and during a lightning storm. From the observation deck, you can see a UFO toward the south. If you try to move toward it, it will eventually disappear until you back away. In essence, it is a hologram.

There are, however, two REAL ufo's which are only visible after 100%. The easiest one to see, is the one above the ufo hippies. Take a helicopter from that park and travel straight up. When you get to the "ceiling", you'll see it. If you approach it, your helicopter will lose power until you are a sufficient distance away.

There is also a ufo over Fort Zancudo. I have not been able to see it, as of yet so I'm not sure if the 3am and thunderstorm trigger it as well. This one looks a bit different, more like from the movie Independence Day. Some have reported being able to land on it, but then sliding off.

The UFO above ufo park and Mt. Chiliad have the letters FIB on the side, hence, the whole conspiracy theory that the government is involved.

Now, to the theory. A lot of people think that the mural indicates that there is a jetpack in the game, as yet undiscovered. They have overlayed the mural onto a map of Blaine County/LS and tried to line up the boxes with different areas of the map, placing the top of the mural at Mt. Zancudo or at the sunken underwater ufo which is located offshore north of the map. Also, there are many alien glyphs scattered around the map which people are trying to decode. There are also programmers trying to reverse engineer the code to look for what may hold the secret to the jetpack.

It sure is fun to speculate and look for clues others may have missed. However, IN MY OPINION, this is what the mural represents:

1. There is an easter egg in the game and it is the ufo's.
2. The boxes with x's represent the 5 different areas you need to complete to get 100% - Missions, Hobbies & Pastimes, Strangers & Freaks, Random Events, and Miscellaneous.
3. Once you complete all of the areas, it will unlock the ufo easter eggs.
4. The jetpack represents flight, not an actual jetpack. There is a line connecting the jetpack image with the ufo image, meaning, you need to FLY to see the UFO's.

The believers cannot be swayed. The non-believers cannot be changed. But it is a fun diversion if you're interested in pursuing it.
Jesus Christ! I have been enlightened Very interesting stuff to ponder on.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #34
HTownBoi

HTownBoi's Gamercard
Tough for me because I loved the story, but it was so easy to 100% that it didn't offer the replay value I was looking for. My vote was for online.

4000th- Bossk, defeat 200 wookies, Force Unleashed
5000th-Just Saying Hi, Farted on every buddy in the game, South Park: TSOT
HTownBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #35
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Obviously Single Player.
Why would you want to play Multiplayer with people you don't know just to have every negative thing thrown at you for no reason.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #36
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
Obviously Single Player.
Why would you want to play Multiplayer with people you don't know just to have every negative thing thrown at you for no reason.
Therein lies your problem. Find yourself a good crew and get to know them, and Online becomes awesome!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #37
DraftMartyjones

DraftMartyjones's Gamercard
See I run with a group of about five or so in an invite only lobby and is have to say online trumps single player hands down in that regard, it's just free roam does get a little boring after awhile though
DraftMartyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #38
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
Hands down single player. That is what made GTA great from the start, none of this MP shit which has ruined many games (and many gamers' completion scores).
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #39
JWurm7

JWurm7's Gamercard
I definitely enjoy single player more, but it doesn't have the same replay value as the mp game
JWurm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #40
tubb311

DonShetland's Gamercard
online is really fun, but it is a bit too much of a grind to get all the good stuff. plus lots of bugs/glitches. SP on the other hand is Epic/Fun