PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored > The Brigmore Witches
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Feel free to discuss the achievements below.

What does everyone think? Pretty standard stuff. Enough Coin To Disappear seems intense though...

-----------------

Secret
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
?

Breakout
Break Lizzy Stride out of Coldridge Prison

Gangs of Dunwall
Restore the Undine to working condition

Deal Maker
Purchase at least 8 favors in The Brigmore Witches

All Come To Ruin
Complete The Brigmore Witches in High Chaos

Changed Ways
Complete The Brigmore Witches in Low Chaos

Silence Is Golden
Complete The Brigmore Witches without alerting anyone

Cleanest Hands
Complete The Brigmore Witches without killing anyone

Enough Coin To Disappear
Survive The Brigmore Witches in low chaos with 10,000 coins

Secret
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
?

----------------

Secret achievements will be in the spoiler tag below

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog

Last edited by BiggD; 08-04-2013 at 10:24 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Distractor08

Distractor08's Gamercard
I'm Playing through KoD DLC just in case they allow u to carry money over. It will make the achievement so much easier that way.
Distractor08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
MeltingBalloons

MeltingBalloons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Tyger7   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
They've definitely made use of recycling the achievements which require you to complete the story in High/Low Chaos, and also not alerting or killing anyone.
I don't mind; it provides a challenge each time, and I've enjoyed having these achievements in both the previous story-based DLC and the game itself; looking forward to doing it again

Speaking of challenges, as mentioned above, Enough Coin To Disappear looks a little tricky. From my past experiences in the game, 10,000 looks like it's going to be a real struggle, especially in Low Chaos.

Breakout looks interesting; I love when new characters are introduced. Both the secret achievements look really promising, especially Parting Shot. This looks like it's going to be an incredible end to an incredible story, can't wait.

Currently Working On (Arcade):

Upcoming Games:Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sniper Elite V2

Join The Fun

Thanks to Gackt for the terrific sig and avatar!
MeltingBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks BiddG!!!

This rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distractor08 View Post
I'm Playing through KoD DLC just in case they allow u to carry money over. It will make the achievement so much easier that way.
Truly.... now finally a reason to care about the "coins collected" stat. Time for someone to finally make that "coin locations" guide we've all been avoiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingBalloons View Post
They've definitely made use of recycling the achievements which require you to complete the story in High/Low Chaos, and also not alerting or killing anyone.
I don't mind
This is one game where recycling achievements is very fitting since they'd already nailed it to begin with, "if it ain't broke...".

One I would have loved to have seen get recycled is "Mostly Flesh and Steel". Doing the main game without upgrades was a really fun challenge.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distractor08 View Post
Hmm, good idea. I might do a High Chaos run the day before this DLC drops so I can have much coin in case it carries over, since apparently the Saved Files will!

Quote:

Speaking of challenges, as mentioned above, Enough Coin To Disappear looks a little tricky. From my past experiences in the game, 10,000 looks like it's going to be a real struggle, especially in Low Chaos.
Mother of God. I love your signature so much! Yeah, they've been using the same achievements over and over again but it works well for this game. I always assumed from the start that once I saw an achievement called "Clean Hands" there would be future achievements for "cleaner" and "cleanest" and looks like I was right

I hope Enough Coin To Disappear ain't too bad. As I have mentioned elsewhere, it'll be best to purchase all the favors on High Chaos, that way you don't need to spend a single coin on anything in Low Chaos. I usually speed run and never loot on my Low run so taking the time to collect stuff for coin will be difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Thanks BiddG!!!

Truly.... now finally a reason to care about the "coins collected" stat. Time for someone to finally make that "coin locations" guide we've all been avoiding.

One I would have loved to have seen get recycled is "Mostly Flesh and Steel". Doing the main game without upgrades was a really fun challenge.
BiddG, I like my new name! Ahh, if someone were to make a Coin Collection guide, that would be extremely tedious (for them) yet sooo sooo helpful. Want to volunteer?

That woulda been a nice achievement to see come back. I was able to complete Knife of Dunwall on Low without upgrading anything so it would have been satisfying to earn an achievement for that.

Last edited by BiggD; 07-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
MeltingBalloons

MeltingBalloons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Tyger7   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Mother of God. I love your signature so much!
Thanks, so do I I didn't expect it to look that good when I put in the request. You're avatar's fantastic, I'm a big fan of Injustice as well!

Currently Working On (Arcade):

Upcoming Games:Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sniper Elite V2

Join The Fun

Thanks to Gackt for the terrific sig and avatar!
MeltingBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
as long as it doesn't involve more of those stupid trails I'm good.

I wonder if the 10000 gold coins achievement will effect the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks, so do I I didn't expect it to look that good when I put in the request. You're avatar's fantastic, I'm a big fan of Injustice as well!
I love Gackt's work but yours is definitely one of my favorite I've seen him produce. And everyone loves Harley Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
I wonder if the 10000 gold coins achievement will effect the ending.
Could be a possibility, but I'm not sure if there would end up being three different endings.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Silverballer

Python ACOG ftw's Gamercard
The Achievement Icon of the Corvo Achievement is Amazing you can find it on The Tumblr page of dishonored: http://dishonored.tumblr.com/
Silverballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverballer View Post
The Achievement Icon of the Corvo Achievement is Amazing you can find it on The Tumblr page of dishonored: http://dishonored.tumblr.com/
Very cool icon. Also love everything they've got around on the site. Thanks for sharing

Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
More DLC for Dishonored... GREAT !!!

Finished the game on a blast and also KoD, then got to the trials.. what a downer !!!
Even stopped playing the game because of it and moved on..

Now have a great reason to go back! It looks interesting and the list of cheevos also.

Liked the fact of 2 playtroughs, specially the one without killing/alerting anyone (which in my case was one of the new things of Dishonored I really liked and was also challenging)

The 10k coins does look complicated, but if you can carry on from KoD then it should not be that complicated.

"Parting Shot" also looks like it will give this DLC a great end.

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahtan Tinuviél View Post
The 10k coins does look complicated, but if you can carry on from KoD then it should not be that complicated.
Yeah, if the coins do carry over it'll be helpful. But you may still need to collect them in low chaos of KoD which is still kinda rough.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Dillionday

Dillionday's Gamercard
Not sure why I'm having a hard time with my ghost run on this DLC. Either somebody discovers a body or some how some one is alerted without me knowing it. So frustrating when you get to the end thinking you nailed it only to discover you were detected....WTF! I guess I will keep trying.
Dillionday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Yeah, if the coins do carry over it'll be helpful. But you may still need to collect them in low chaos of KoD which is still kinda rough.
Truthfully not that much trouble if you're patient. Sleep darts are your best friend and if you can find the bone charm for faster takedowns it helps. But I think that bone charm isn't until you hit the mansion later on.

Going through the game low chaos without buying anything is quite possible with Dark Void 2 upgraded as early as possible.

Finding runes to upgrade dark void and blink first, then Pull and Agility isn't too rough. There's enough scattered around you don't have to buy favors so you can save cash.

For shits and giggles I went through the main campaign not buying anything except the bottle of brandy. Had over 14,000 by the end.

Fired up the DLC and didn't buy anything at all except one 125 coin favour in the very first mission of Knife, which I didn't even need to do in retrospect. Had ~7,000 by the end of Knife.

Hit the 10,000 mark late in the Dead Eels mission.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote