PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Trdis Trvler

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
I'm sorry, but I just cannot get into this!

Doom 3 was one of the last PC games I played and I really enjoyed it. But I just can't get into this. Yes I played and even still own the Xbox version of this. I don't know if it's dated or just over played, but not feeling this version. I have one cheeve and I really am thinking of just stopping here.

GS=70K on 3/7/2013 @ 0202!!!! Now my goal is 85K by 12/31/2013!!!
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used to love Classic Shooters too, but i am also playing Doom 3 now and advance not that fast into it. I mean last game i played that looks a bit like this was FEAR3. And it didn't took me long to finish it, i played a mission a night and took me around a week. When it comes to Doom3, i like the game, i mean im glad i bough it but part of me see the dated animations/gun. Its not about graphics, i think its very well done in term of graphic. But if i enjoy the animation of a GIB with the shotgun, the rest seem pretty straight forward and i dunno, something feel off. Ill finish it, im enjoying it, but not as much as i TOUGH i would. And its my first time playing it ever(minus a few levels at a friends place on xbox)

I will probably finish DOOM3 normal, then share it to a friend so he can play it and do the rest later.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Pakkidis

Doom3 is definitely showing its age in the gameplay department but I still think its fun enough today
Pakkidis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I think I only enjoyed it because it was a piece of fanchise history and it brought me back to the days of quake 2, etc. It couldve been worse but it wasn't the most polished game.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You guys must be on crack because this game is amazing, has been since it came out and it's the most polished it's ever been, and ever will be. Apart from not having the original flashlight option and the fact they removed content from RoE.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Apart from not having the original flashlight option and the fact they removed content from RoE.
Flashlight was the stupid shit that had me NOT PLAYING Doom 3 on the original xbox... I tried a few level and couldn't stand it, always switching was super annoying, especially since the first levels where extremely dark so you ALWAYS had to have it in hand.

I was ok with Quake 4 "flaslight on the assault rifle" system, since at least you could shoot and see at the same time, and maybe having the flashlight on every gun is a bit powerfull but at the same time... its logic... wich space marine would not put his flashlight on his jacket... so well im all fine with it.

Anyway, to get back on the "not enjoying too much" well like i said i think it comes mainly from me. The game is good, and its as good as it could get yes, its just that maybe the lack of story and old style of guns is not my cup of tea anymore. I have this feeling of advance, shoot, kill and thats it... For exemple FEAR i enjoyed killing the ennemies with style, slow mo, then bam headshot with a big splash of blood, or pinning them to the wall with the penetrator... I think Doom lacks that little something and the story is also just merely an excuse so far for doing levels...

I think this is why im not enjoying it as much as i tough i would...

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 05-29-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: very dumb typo errors...
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
You guys must be on crack because this game is amazing, has been since it came out and it's the most polished it's ever been, and ever will be. Apart from not having the original flashlight option and the fact they removed content from RoE.
What did they remove from ROE?

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbound_X View Post
What did they remove from ROE?
Some sections of a level. Compare this level in-game, to the one below on the original on PC (the area at 0:34 is non-existent in our version):

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 05-26-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Furianshi

Furianshi's Gamercard
How awesome are the improved textures??! Oh that's right, its still the same low res crap that was shit back in 2004. And freezing the gameplay randomly to checkpoint save is great for immersion, isn't it. I'm calling BS on the whole checkpoint saving feature actually. My theory is its actually loading, which would explain why it doesn't auto save on the fly like every other game on the market.

This game was much better with a mouse, too many enemies that run up to your face and then sidestep. Either that, or they leap from mid range to right in front of you at knee level.

Nice that RoE, Doom 2 and the bonus area were thrown in though I guess. Its good value if you haven't played any of it before.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #10
Armstrong2052

Armstrong2052's Gamercard
Lol I forget about the light all the time, and find myself running around in the dark slaying #%*& blind. I absolutely love this game and love the improvements. Looks glossy like Prey. Yea if the gun swapping and flashlight get to you that sucks. And I know where you're coming from. But the sheer length of the campaign and number of demons make this game worth playing for me. I just hope doom 4 has a weapon wheel like bioshock and so on. Cheers!
Armstrong2052 is offline   Reply With Quote