Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #3091
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I really don't know why I bought an Xbox One...I rarely ever use it for anything other than Netflix.
I played mine a lot the first week but it's sat gathering dust now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Having watched my brother play EVE years ago I feel like there would be a huge disadvantage to a new player coming into the game. It always looked fun though. The type of MMO where you could actually have fun without ever really partaking in combat. A type of game where being just a merchant is possible.
I started playing just before Christmas & don't feel any more disadvantaged than in any other game. Probably less than most actually as there are so many different things to do in Eve.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #3092
rollinbull23

patmat95's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
I think today has possibly been the worst day I had this year so far, even though nothing bad happened to me, but the fact that today I was at the house all day, and since it's the weekend I was on a free day from college, playing games such TF2, eating some food, watching a movie and downloading more games while listening to music. It may sound like fun instead of being bad, but the reason why it was it's because I was all alone, about to get bored and almost depressed from that feeling of isolation and all the fog outside the house made it even worst for me to think about it, I really needed someone to talk to but I didnt know where to go to for that. I seriously need some friends to talk to, but if I had any.
I was in the same situation as you are. In my case I moved into new city and wasn't going to school, so I was spending my whole time alone. All I can say from my experience is that hobbies make it a lot easier to make new friends. I was skateboarding at the time and like always went alone to the local skatepark, usualy nobody was there but one day there was a dude skating there. We skated everyday together and he introduced me to his skateboarding crew, it was pretty awesome.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #3093
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
I played mine a lot the first week but it's sat gathering dust now.

Me to. But honestly until a new game comes out there is no need to play it.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #3094
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Me to. But honestly until a new game comes out there is no need to play it.
We were actually talking about this the other day, I've got so many 360 games I've not yet played (or DLC for older ones) that there wasn't really much need in an Xbox One, at least for now anyway. Though just personal preference here.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 01-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #3095
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
That was bad ass. Thanks for the share.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #3096
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
That's why I didn't buy a next-gen console yet ;>_> I didn't want it to collect dust. I have more than enough to play on my PS3 (and 360) that getting a One/PS4 now would just be piling crap on a shelf.

I have to say with honesty here that the PS3 has been worth the $200 spent on it. I've been playing it straight for a month, Platinum'd 5 games and I'm still working on more! If I had gotten a One, I'd play DR3...and that's it. If I got a PS4 probably Killzone and MAYBE Knack...

Just not enough games on either right now to justify me purchasing them. Getting a PS3 late game means there's already a large library of games for me to grab AND at cheaper than 59.99 prices =)
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #3097
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Not weird at all. I'm the same way. I hate racing games. They're just, blah. Too simple-minded for me.
Hey! Shuddup...

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #3098
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Hey! Shuddup...
Stealth > Racing

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 01-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #3099
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Stealth > Racing
Definitely.

Haven't enjoyed a racing game since Top Gear 2 on SNES. That game rocked.

edit: That's a lie, I forgot about Quantum Redshift on the original Xbox...I loved that game.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #3100
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Racing > Sex

Joke I don't get any though.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #3101
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Racing > Sex

That's what hands are for, right?

Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #3102
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty111 View Post
That's what hands are for, right?
Thank fuck for hands and lotion.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #3103
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Brewed up a batch of a belgian blonde yesterday as an experiment, added some extra honey and going to throw in more hops later... let's see what happens.

Quote:
I really don't know why I bought an Xbox One...I rarely ever use it for anything other than Netflix.
Oh and you should all try EVE Online.
Come back to the 360, go get a copy of Battlefield 3, and join gmurda and I in chopper gunning newbs...

"Hit it"
Old 01-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #3104
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Brewed up a batch of a belgian blonde yesterday as an experiment, added some extra honey and going to throw in more hops later... let's see what happens.

Come back to the 360, go get a copy of Battlefield 3, and join gmurda and I in chopper gunning newbs...
I've been playing BF4 more lately on X1, I try to stay away from choppers...I can't fly them unless you're looking to crash horribly and everytime I get into someone elses chopper they are a stupid recon guy just trying to fly himself to his sniper spot and abandons everyone who was riding lol.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #3105
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
^^I heard anime clubs in schools or colleges are pretty bad.
There's an anime club in my university. I haven't personally been to it, but they watch good shows IMO.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #3106
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
There's an anime club in my university. I haven't personally been to it, but they watch good shows IMO.
Or your college could have a bad club like mine where all they watch is English Dub, and mainstream shit like Naruto.

I love my PS3 since they have a lot more RPG's than 360/X1. Started collecting RPG's for PS3 so i can build a huge backlog of them to go through this year.

I mean i'm somewhat excited for games like Thief/Titanfall, but i doubt they'll really take up too much of my time. So right now my Xbox is collecting dust as well.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #3107
CrazyMv94
Banned User

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
^^That is exactly why I bought a PS3, and thank god I did for all the exclusives I'm getting into so far, as for my 360 I can play something for fun, but in the meantime I'm getting into Sony shit with my PS3 and Vita.

As for now I'll take a brief break from PC gaming.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #3108
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Got a wired Xbox 360 controller today! Time to play my pc games before the shut down GFWL. I just need to figure out wtf you do in Viva Piñata. Also GTA IV's DLC never gets past the loading screen because I'm on windows 8 i think.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #3109
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Or your college could have a bad club like mine where all they watch is English Dub, and mainstream shit like Naruto.

I love my PS3 since they have a lot more RPG's than 360/X1. Started collecting RPG's for PS3 so i can build a huge backlog of them to go through this year.

I mean i'm somewhat excited for games like Thief/Titanfall, but i doubt they'll really take up too much of my time. So right now my Xbox is collecting dust as well.
Lol, mine isn't bad actually, they watch a range of shows, I think they were watching slice of life anime the last time I checked. Now they're planning to go karaoke. Definitely skipping that. I think your uni's club should be good for you, considering you have a bad taste in anime.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #3110
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Lol, mine isn't bad actually, they watch a range of shows, I think they were watching slice of life anime the last time I checked. Now they're planning to go karaoke. Definitely skipping that. I think your uni's club should be good for you, considering you have a bad taste in anime.
Says the guy who likes DTB, and Index.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #3111
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Says the guy who likes DTB, and Index.
DTB was a decent show, nothing much to say about it. Index is good, well, the second season primarily. Keep in mind I've also read the LN (just like with SAO) so maybe I'm a bit more biased.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #3112
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Racing > Sex

Lifting > Sex > Video Games

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #3113
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Lifting > Sex > Video Games
Meryl Streep > Everything

I can do this all day, punk.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #3114
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Thank fuck for hands and lotion.
You know I've never used lotion. Does it truly enhance the experience that much? I've always been pretty bare bones about it myself, unless a pussy's involved then well...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #3115
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Hey guys, I know most of your lives revolve around anime and jerking off, but please, can you not talk about it here at least?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #3116
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Hey guys, I know most of your lives revolve around anime and jerking off, but please, can you not talk about it here at least?
I've always wondered about the strong anime presence on this site. I've never been one for it myself. Its just cartoons to me.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #3117
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Tempted to sig. Hmm...

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #3118
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
How about sex, can we talk about our hot, steamy sex lives?

Just last night, I hooked up with one of the best sexual encounters I've had in ages. We started the night off right, playing video games and eating dinner. When we moved to the bed, we just watched Chinese flicks until we got into the mood. Double checking to ensure my son was asleep, we change the "channel" to something more... provoking of the mood.

There were fireworks in that bed last night. Want to see a picture of what I had last night?

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #3119
TVthePunisher

Quote:
It was a legitimate question! Gaw! Lord knows I need to steam it up a little, we're getting tired of each other.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #3120
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Fine no more self happiness talk.

So am I the only one here that thinks anime is lame? Probably.

Closed Thread