PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Would GTAO been a better experience without micro transactions?
Would have been a better experience WITH micro transactions 8 11.76%
Would have been a better experience WITHOUT micro transactions 60 88.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #61
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabay View Post
IMO microtransactions are an ugly phenomenon,

/

I wouldn't even notice those few euros missing from my bank account. But I simply refuse to pay, out of general principle.
Of course, you've already paid for the game. Why should you pay for extra content? My question to you though is; If it's a F2P game like Happy Wars, how do you feel about the micro transactions?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #62
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'm generally fine with them, provided they don't bestow an advantage in competitive games, free-to-play or not. When it comes to cooperative games, it doesn't bother me, especially if you can unlock the same item through normal play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #63
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
When it comes to cooperative games, it doesn't bother me, especially if you can unlock the same item through normal play.
I think Shoot Many Robots is a good example of this.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #64
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
But even if it IS there right in your face - Do you feel compelled at all to even WANT to buy them?
I'm not interested in buying them, the same way I'm not interested in buying them in GTA Online. I don't believe they belong in $60 titles. That's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Are you serious? Haven't played AC:BF yet but seem to remember them having some MT's in AC3? Might be confused though.
Yup. You can buy "Erudito Credits" that cost anywhere from $5-$100. Those points can buy "Abstergo Points" that increase you XP for a bit or you can unlock Abilities (Poison, Guns, etc) or outfits for your characters.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #65
Xtabay

Xtabay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Of course, you've already paid for the game. Why should you pay for extra content? My question to you though is; If it's a F2P game like Happy Wars, how do you feel about the micro transactions?
I think I've only played one single F2P game in my life, but nonetheless.. yeah I would accept micro transactions more easily in those games. It's a whole different outset, since you didn't initially pay anything. By spending money at that point you're basically saying the game is worth something. But overall I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

It's ironic how "free to play" is actually the complete opposite of what the name implies, and especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.
Xtabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #66
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
I'm not interested in buying them, the same way I'm not interested in buying them in GTA Online. I don't believe they belong in $60 titles. That's that.
There's ppl that like to argue that DLC should already be on disc which is a slightly diff debate. I'm with you in that "I" have no use for them. I didn't believe some games should have MP but the there are a few surprises.
I simply just avoid it and get MY $60 worth. As should everyone instead of nagging over something they're not gonna buy an isn't gonna affect them directly. It's moot.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #67
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
You can buy "Erudito Credits" that cost anywhere from $5-$100. Those points can buy "Abstergo Points" that increase you XP for a bit or you can unlock Abilities (Poison, Guns, etc)
*Puke

Sorry, but that's terrible! So that gun I saw in my dabble with the multiplayer is purchasable with micro transactions? Really? Fuck..

Quote:
I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

/

especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.
I don't want to support them either, but F2P games have an addictiveness to them I don't really find in many other games. Shoot Many Robots and Happy Wars are my examples. Mobile game developers have some shitty ideas..
Old 01-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #68
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:
I think Shoot Many Robots is a good example of this.
Exactly right.
Quote:
I think I've only played one single F2P game in my life, but nonetheless.. yeah I would accept micro transactions more easily in those games. It's a whole different outset, since you didn't initially pay anything. By spending money at that point you're basically saying the game is worth something. But overall I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

It's ironic how "free to play" is actually the complete opposite of what the name implies, and especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.
While microtransactions on consoles are fairly reasonable, when it comes to mobile devices, some developers really take the piss. It's like one game I heard about (and there's a video of it, but I can't find it right now) it's free to download, but you only have one level and one character. Each additional character costs money (a lot of money), as does each level. And the thing is that it's a really shitty game which was essentially a clone of another game. Some kid ran up a huge bill in the thousands over that.

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #69
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Exactly right.

While microtransactions on consoles are fairly reasonable, when it comes to mobile devices, some developers really take the piss. It's like one game I heard about (and there's a video of it, but I can't find it right now) it's free to download, but you only have one level and one character. Each additional character costs money (a lot of money), as does each level. And the thing is that it's a really shitty game which was essentially a clone of another game. Some kid ran up a huge bill in the thousands over that.
The problem with F2P is that it's "The Bare Minimum" or Basic stuff. I mean, in the age of Free, we should all know by now that nothing is truly free and if it is, the quality is more than likely less than quality
Very far and few developers will support free or cheap like Ubisoft, Valve and others. Valve has given away more than I might have even paid full prices for.

As long as you're looking at F2P as something to jam on when there's nothing ELSE to do, they serve a purpose. Otherwise, if you want longevity + quality and more options without pinching pennies? Retail standards are your best bet. You take the good with the bad. It just depends on the person gauging it.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #70
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

So it's been 5 days now. I really didn't expect the poll to be so one sided. It's not like 1000s of people voted, but it's pretty obvious how the general public feel about micro transactions being included in GTAV and other games for that matter. Thanks for the input everyone!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #71
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Pretty lame, if R* hadn't cut in half money rewards for completed missions with patch 1.04, perhaps the money gift cheater party wouldn't have happened. When a game costs 60$, I don't mind paying for real playable DLCs, not stupid micro transactions.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #72
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop QC View Post
Pretty lame, if R* hadn't cut in half money rewards for completed missions with patch 1.04, perhaps the money gift cheater party wouldn't have happened. When a game costs 60$, I don't mind paying for real playable DLCs, not stupid micro transactions.
And this poll shows a lot of people agree with you. Hackers would have done the money hacks regardless I'm sure Though I can't help to think they pushed it as hard as they did due to R* nerfing payouts just like you said.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #73
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
The problem with F2P is that it's "The Bare Minimum" or Basic stuff. I mean, in the age of Free, we should all know by now that nothing is truly free and if it is, the quality is more than likely less than quality
Very far and few developers will support free or cheap like Ubisoft, Valve and others. Valve has given away more than I might have even paid full prices for.

As long as you're looking at F2P as something to jam on when there's nothing ELSE to do, they serve a purpose. Otherwise, if you want longevity + quality and more options without pinching pennies? Retail standards are your best bet. You take the good with the bad. It just depends on the person gauging it.
Hence why I hate free to play games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #74
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Shoot Many Robots might change your mind. Or Killer Instinct
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #75
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Quote:
I was reminded only a couple days ago that SMR is in fact not free to play, but was an offer with December's GwG.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #76
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I was reminded only a couple days ago that SMR is in fact not free to play, but was an offer with December's GwG.
Shit, you're right! My bad..
Old 01-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #77
LarryFisherman

KensCompany's Gamercard
I think the micro transactions is good the way it is. This is the only game I actually payed were I can give my friends money.
LarryFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #78
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Isn't Killer Instinct free, but you have to pay up to $40 for the characters? lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #79
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Yeah rare few are "worth it" but the Games w Gold offers are surely worth it if you have the space. Then again you can just "buy" an then download when you please.
They weren't really long term but the Doritos promo games were fun for sure.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #80
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryFisherman View Post
I think the micro transactions is good the way it is. This is the only game I actually payed were I can give my friends money.
Except you can't share money (dividing up the money from a shop or a bounty doesn't count)

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #81
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Isn't Killer Instinct free, but you have to pay up to $40 for the characters? lame.
Yeah, it's kinda bullshit.. They give you one free character that gets rotated every 6 weeks. You can't unlock achievements unless you've made a purchase of some sort, be it characters or a game pack. I got a rewards code from Microsoft for the game, but would have happily dropped $40 on it.

If you're a fighting game nut, it's worth every penny. If not, well probably not worth a grain of salt.

I think as we've come to learn, most free games aren't that great, excluding GfG games of course. That's different.

Last edited by Dirty130; 01-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #82
Dusty2010

The money would have been fairer and online wouldn't have become a boring chore after a month. A lot of issues prevent the online reaching its hyped potential and micro transactions are one of them.
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #83
Suzuka Miyamoto

Yoshi Kobayashi's Gamercard
I voted yes and got my tank at lvl 25. I have a good paying job so i don't care.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #84
Flibbity Floid

Technically though, MT's never had the chance to affect the game since they were "inaccessible" for so long. Kind of moot.

It's like a candy bar released proclaiming it would have nuts in it but wound up never having said nuts. People couldn't really say if it was better or not just bc it was SUPPOSED to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys
I'm one to say anything free is good. It's when they try to rope you in ala Fine Print for more. Which is what KI is doing. I'd rather know I'm paying for the game and everything already announced/included instead of getting the name and having to add the rest in. Fighting games have easily been on their way out though in the end of the previous and current gen.