PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Your favorite character?
Trevor 31 36.90%
Franklin 18 21.43%
Michael 18 21.43%
I love them all. 16 19.05%
I hate them all. 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #31
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Except that he's a closet Hipster
Yeah but that kinda gets lost behind all the other points I made lol.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #32
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge88isfun View Post
Yeah but that kinda gets lost behind all the other points I made lol.
If it wasn't one of the best dialogue pieces in the game, I'd fully agree. That doesn't take away he's a magnificent character. It was very smart for Rockstar to do the 3 Protag approach and use two characters that are very similar to previous characters and a complete new one. Even though due to the choice factor, it's Franklins story about wanting to make "something of himself", they manage to even it out as a 3 part story with each character. Michaels family fall and rise, Franklin trying to leave the thug life for a more successful run and Trevor trying to tie loose ends with Michael and their past. Not overly complicated but still a big set of strings for a project that played out more than acceptably.

I feel, though, this is going to be one of those Lightning Strike games in that we're never going to see something this promising for a while. However, Red Dead's story AND (Marstons) ending, which is probably the best to date, set a new bar for characterization in a R* game and story-telling.

Maybe GTA6 or the next sub-iteration won't be as fulfilling but I think they're onto something with the direction GTAV's campaign went.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:35 AM   #33
elliotchh

vote for Trevor, he is really funny
elliotchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #34
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Trevor. The stuff he comes out with is pure gold. I used to be mates with someone similar to him, and Everest was an adventure. I did run over a deer with him, and he said "well, you weren't gonna win that one, was ya little fella". I cracked up. I like Michael and Franklin, and as all 3 are different, it gives some diversity.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #35
REHJR1974

REHJR1974's Gamercard
for me its a tie between mike and frank.lol (yep u guessed it.. not a fan)
REHJR1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #36
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
In terms of the most entertaining character it is Trevor for me. What he does when you switch to him, what he says and nearly every cut scene he is in is pure comedy gold.

I like Michael but not all the time and Franklin is a little too straight up. Both Trevor and Michael make him look like a boy scout. Well I guess he has to learn from someone, I just wish he would cut loose a bit more and go wild.

All this is in the context of a computer game and that game being GTA. In all the GTA's I have always done chaotic things just to see how far I can make it against the cops after me.

As far as knowing someone like these characters I would rather have a mate like Franklin because Trevor is too out there and you can't trust or rely on Michael.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #37
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I have to go with 'I like them all.'

Each were so well crafted and really sold their personalities.

Michael seems to be the least favorite...but the way he consistently seemed on the verge of mental breakdown due to all of the craziness in his life...and when he lets it loose..it's golden.

Trevor is the fan favorite, no doubt. You sometimes feel he's just a normal guy, and sometimes feel like he's the most vile person alive. You consistently struggle to choose one or the other, and in the end, you get no answer. And that, is why he's a great character.

Franklin is just a guy trying to make it big. The other two have sometime to live up to or to make up for internally, but Franklin? He's just in it for the paper, and amongst the many squabbles there is throughout the monologue of the game, Franklin is always the one there straightening them out and keeping our 'heroes' compact.

Together, they make a fantastic trio and some of the best characters I've personally seen in gaming.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #38
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Trevor by far! He's just one of the funniest, dumbest characters that there is!

Xbox One: FIFA 14 & Titanfall (For Fun)

Arcade/DLC: Left 4 Dead: Crash Course & The Sacrifice DLC's & The Walking Dead Season 2

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote