PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #91
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK FUCK MISSION!!!

26 Minutes and I was in 6th for like 5 minutes, I was in 1st and could see the finish line, and somehow the GODDAMN AI must have rocket shoes because like 2 seconds before the finish line I end up in 4th...FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR!!!! It isn't bad enough that I can't get the Beverly missions to show up after completing the game, now this bullshit waste of my time.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #92
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannon37 View Post
FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK FUCK MISSION!!!

26 Minutes and I was in 6th for like 5 minutes, I was in 1st and could see the finish line, and somehow the GODDAMN AI must have rocket shoes because like 2 seconds before the finish line I end up in 4th...FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR!!!! It isn't bad enough that I can't get the Beverly missions to show up after completing the game, now this bullshit waste of my time.
I've never even bothered b/c I hear this mission is bound to cause carpel tunnel on it's own hahaha. However, word around is that you have to use/alternate ALL your fingers as much as possible. 26 minutes is a bit much for constant button mashing. The Kifflom Desert Run seems more forgiving since you're at leisure to stop when you want or utilize the rubber band technique.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #93
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
@Mchannon- Shit man. Sorry to hear that. I remember when I was doing the 3rd triathlon, my biggest fear was getting over taken by the rubber banding AI right at the end. Maybe come back to it at a (much) later date?

Last edited by Dirty130; 01-14-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #94
x Tom

x Thornas's Gamercard
I was kind of zoned out for the first sort of 15 minutes of this thing then I realised what I was doing and how much my thumb hurt and soon started getting really annoyed when I kept falling off my bike..

Nailed it first time though, spent a lot of time in 6th-8th for swimming, 3-5th in cycling and the AI were all awful at running (thankfully).

I also thought this was slightly unnecessary to put in the game, literally just mashing A for half an hour..
x Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #95
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Tom View Post
I also thought this was slightly unnecessary to put in the game, literally just mashing A for half an hour..
Agree. It was a bit much. 27 minutes of mashing the A button. Don't laugh, that's how some people play Killer Instinct!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 AM   #96
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Tom View Post
I was kind of zoned out for the first sort of 15 minutes of this thing then I realised what I was doing and how much my thumb hurt and soon started getting really annoyed when I kept falling off my bike..

Nailed it first time though, spent a lot of time in 6th-8th for swimming, 3-5th in cycling and the AI were all awful at running (thankfully).

Some people have that kind of time for tediousness

Ain't worth the hassle IMO.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 AM   #97
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

I can't even remember if the 3 triathlons were part of 100% I think they were. I just remember getting beat in the swimming part until I dived under.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #98
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
Thank god I got this on my first try. For the entire duration of the race I was in second, until I hit a turn and managed to overtake the first guy. Inches before the finish line I saw him creeping behind in my camera, but I managed to finish the race before he overtook me.

The third race was overkill, but I have to admit that triathlons are enjoyable otherwise. Just the thrill of overtaking everyone in gorgeous landscapes, and all you have to do is hit one button.

Delta438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #99
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

For an event that lasts about as long as a survival, I'm surprised that some didn't have the attention span to stick it out. I've got a friend nearing 95% game completion and he tells me he still hasn't done the 2nd or 3rd triathlon "cuz it's boring!" Probably should have added guns

Last edited by Dirty130; 01-15-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #100
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta438 View Post
Thank god I got this on my first try. For the entire duration of the race I was in second, until I hit a turn and managed to overtake the first guy. Inches before the finish line I saw him creeping behind in my camera, but I managed to finish the race before he overtook me.

The third race was overkill, but I have to admit that triathlons are enjoyable otherwise. Just the thrill of overtaking everyone in gorgeous landscapes, and all you have to do is hit one button.
The ones I remember weren't so bad and slightly due to the banter. Otherwise, as mentioned with the 3rd one, there's no payoff since I'm not a completionist. I think the only GTA game I actually 100% was Vice City and it's bc it was the first game I bought with my PS2 and was really hooked. It's pretty much what got me sucked into the Sandbox genre.
That and I had to blast Flock Of Seagulls whenever it came on haha. Oh nostalgia!

Old 01-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #101
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I actually thought that this was pretty fun! It's a workout all on its own since you're burning millions of calories while doing this (true story, I'm now 55lbs because of this)

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #102
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
I actually thought that this was pretty fun! It's a workout all on its own since you're burning millions of calories while doing this (true story, I'm now 55lbs because of this)
From the responses of most, "Fun" seems like a stretch but at least you're finding something positive about it. Just seems like a "digital" endurance test and more likely to add wear and tear on your buttons more than most things.

I'm actually quite surprised there are no Running Races in the Online. You'd probably hit some high leaderboard marks with your positivity lol.