Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #3241
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I know this is very "anti-site" of me, but two things: one, XBA looks so god damn ugly, and two, I've always thought that having an account/tag promoting the site with the suffix or whatever it's called kinda diminishes that small sense of individuality that we gamers have by our tags. I don't know, that's just me. Nothing against you, or your decision to change it!!
Yeah I agree. It's like when people put in the url for that "other" achievement-oriented site as their motto. Personally, I believe that your bio should be about you and who you are as a gamer. I just don't see the point in advertising a site unless you were paid to do so. But I'm not knocking those that do want to promote their respective communities through their tag or motto, as anyone can do what they want with their profiles.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Quote:
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #3242
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
My friend brought this up to me so I had to look into it. I didn't realize there was so much sinister shit going on back in Super Mario Bros. So by the description here of the game, am I to assume that each time I break a set of bricks that I'm killing the people of the Mushroom Kingdom? Hmm...

Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #3243
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Updated my tag, too!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #3244
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Yeah I agree. It's like when people put in the url for that "other" achievement-oriented site as their motto. Personally, I believe that your bio should be about you and who you are as a gamer. I just don't see the point in advertising a site unless you were paid to do so. But I'm not knocking those that do want to promote their respective communities through their tag or motto, as anyone can do what they want with their profiles.
I don't think we even have Bio's anymore on the Xbox One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
My friend brought this up to me so I had to look into it. I didn't realize there was so much sinister shit going on back in Super Mario Bros. So by the description here of the game, am I to assume that each time I break a set of bricks that I'm killing the people of the Mushroom Kingdom? Hmm...

Yep. Mario is a murderous son of a bitch.

Last edited by Gackt; 01-16-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #3245
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
XBA is pretty ugly for a tag...figured they would have went with XA for representers.

Also, haven't changed my GT at all this year so far...pretty proud of myself for not wasting money on that
Right? XBA reminds of of XBLA, lol.

Hopefully you can go an entire year without changing it

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #3246
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Right? XBA reminds of of XBLA, lol.

Hopefully you can go an entire year without changing it
Challenge...accepted.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #3247
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:

I take it someone hasn't heard of Game Thoery...

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #3248
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I take it someone hasn't heard of Game Thoery...
You mean Theory?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #3249
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
You mean Theory?
I doubt many of us are as awesome as Jakez is and we probably wouldn't get it anyway. If using the site has taught me anything, it's that everyone is below him.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 01-16-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #3250
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Quote:
You mean Theory?

Lol. Oh no you didn't!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #3251
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Lol. Oh no you didn't!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcJyCdbC08c
Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #3252
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I doubt many of us are as awesome as Jakez is and we probably wouldn't get it anyway. If using the site has taught me anything, it's that everyone is below him.
To say I don't agree with this would be a good lie

Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #3253
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
To say I don't agree with this would be a good lie
lol my head hurt a bit trying to figure out what you were actually trying to say there.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #3254
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Pretty sure he is referencing a youtube channel that specializes on theorys about games. http://www.youtube.com/user/MatthewPatrick13
Old 01-17-2014, 02:07 AM   #3255
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
DiCaprio got himself another Oscar nomination, let's hope he wins this one .__.;
Old 01-17-2014, 02:15 AM   #3256
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
lol my head hurt a bit trying to figure out what you were actually trying to say there.
Lame cryptic talk FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
DiCaprio got himself another Oscar nomination, let's hope he wins this one .__.;
For The Wolf of Wall Street? Haven't seen it yet.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #3257
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:

For The Wolf of Wall Street? Haven't seen it yet.
Came out here today, Can't wait to see it over the weekend.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:51 AM   #3258
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Does anyone remember the "Give the guy above you an achievement" thread?

That thing might have been more spameriffic then the hurt/heal thread.

I remember someone posting in it that had a signature GIF with NPH and a bunch of muppets...Who was that...

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #3259
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze

Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 AM   #3260
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Just...wow, it's been already a week and for some reason I feel even fucking lonelier that I felt the other day before, I haven't been in a case of being like this for a very long time, but the thing is if I keep feeling like this, it's going to be depression all over again.

Though I'm trying my best not to think about it with the other things I got with me, but I just can't help why I'm feeling like this just when I'm in the middle of doing something fun, I need some advice or help. I can't stand this feeling.

Edit: Rarely this is the second time I feel depressed just when I'm playing TF2, could it be that TF2 is the reason why I'm feeling like this?

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 01-17-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 AM   #3261
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
Just...wow, it's been already a week and for some reason I feel even fucking lonelier that I felt the other day before, I haven't been in a case of being like this for a very long time, but the thing is if I keep feeling like this, it's going to be depression all over again.

Though I'm trying my best not to think about it with the other things I got with me, but I just can't help why I'm feeling like this just when I'm in the middle of doing something fun, I need some advice or help. I can't stand this feeling.

Edit: Rarely this is the second time I feel depressed just when I'm playing TF2, could it be that TF2 is the reason why I'm feeling like this?
I doubt TF2 has anything to do with your depression. As for feeling lonely, people already gave you advice on it so nothing i can really tell you except to find people who share similar interests as you when you go to college.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #3262
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
^I suppose, I should really try that but for now when I'm home at nights doing something fun for myself, I'm aware of getting this issue now.

MAL Steam Youtube
Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #3263
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Quote:
^I suppose, I should really try that but for now when I'm home at nights doing something fun for myself, I'm aware of getting this issue now.
I'm sure someone else has mentioned this but in case no one hasn't, have you considered seeking professional help? That's not saying you need it, but feelings of anxiety, loneliness, sadness, etc may be signs that you're suffering from depression. If that's the case, you'll need attention immediately before you do something you'll end up regretting. I'm sure your school provides counciling services, so you should definitely schedule to see a professional to talk about these feelings and see what he/she has to say and what options are available to you.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #3264
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Depression is a bitch. Always try to look at the positives in life, really try not to focus on the negatives. Easier said than done of course. Best of luck

Old 01-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #3265
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:

Quote:
I'm sure someone else has mentioned this but in case no one hasn't, have you considered seeking professional help? That's not saying you need it, but feelings of anxiety, loneliness, sadness, etc may be signs that you're suffering from depression. If that's the case, you'll need attention immediately before you do something you'll end up regretting. I'm sure your school provides counciling services, so you should definitely schedule to see a professional to talk about these feelings and see what he/she has to say and what options are available to you.
It's been recommended to him more than once. Personally I think he just does it for the attention since he doesn't appear to actively trying to improve his situation. Although it's BS imo with most people...I've been diagnosed with severe depression for the past 2 decades...you don't see me whining about this garbage lol.
People who do should seriously take a look at people with real issues, or how life is outside of 1st world countries to give themselves some prospective.
People should stop responding to his oh so sad depression posts with sympathy...because it isn't going to help him. Not saying that to sound like a dick but it won't. Unless he wants to change his situation...no amount of pep talks will do it for him.
Either he's gonna build himself a bridge and get the fuck over it...or build himself a bridge and jump the hell off it.

...that last bit made me lol.

Last edited by Gackt; 01-17-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #3266
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:

People who do should seriously take a look at people with real issues, or how life is outside of 1st world countries to give themselves some prospective.
People should stop responding to his oh so sad depression posts with sympathy...because it isn't going to help him. Not saying that to sound like a dick but it won't. Unless he wants to change his situation...no amount of pep talks will do it for him.
Either he's gonna build himself a bridge and get the fuck over it...or build himself a bridge and jump the hell off it.

Quoted for truth.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #3267
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Quoted for truth.
Quoted for awesomeness.

Consider yourself sig'd again Gackt.

"Hit it"
Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #3268
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Like I said, I'm going to try, I never was that much of a social person but still.

MAL Steam Youtube
Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #3269
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Like I said, I'm going to try, I never was that much of a social person but still.
I've found that just making that effort goes a long way. You often surprise yourself and get very positive outcomes.

Good luck buddy.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #3270
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
I've found that just making that effort goes a long way. You often surprise yourself and get very positive outcomes.

Good luck buddy.
So does smiling and being in a new place with new people. Old baggage doesn't tag along which is a nice feeling. Fresh start so to speak.

"Hit it"
Closed Thread