PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Guides, Awards and Submissions > Site Awards Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #271
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'd like to nominate bplayak because I feel he has done an excellent job at being a moderator. He gives a good reason for closing a thread instead of just closing it randomly with no explanation. He's also done a few favors for achievement guides and stickied threads.

I'd also like to nominate DEG23 for the same reasons.

Last edited by Slaughter XBA; 01-06-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #272
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Skorpion and Exit for their help compiling a list of all the published guides and roadmaps with images and videos. Skorpion especially did a TON of work on it. Thank you guys for your help!
I know it's a little late but I would also like to give both Skorpion and Exit a nomination for all their help with guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #273
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaugh7er View Post
I'd like to nominate bplayak because I feel he has done an excellent job at being a moderator. He gives a good reason for closing a thread instead of just closing it randomly with no explanation. He's also done a few favors for achievement guides and stickied threads.

Nominations for staff for doing what their job is don't count. That would sort of defeat the purpose of the award. Not that I disagree with them being good moderators, just saying.

Huge thanks to DEG23 for the sig.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #274
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
+1 to dakisbac, Judge Bergan, and Delta3519

They each gave Creech a hand with some site assistance not too long ago ranging from checking for subscribers without their green names to checking to see if games needed to be removed from the Missing Achievements List.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #275
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Nominations for staff for doing what their job is don't count. That would sort of defeat the purpose of the award. Not that I disagree with them being good moderators, just saying.
That is true but I do think they deserve recognition for doing an exceptional jobs.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #276
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Skorpion and Exit for their help compiling a list of all the published guides and roadmaps with images and videos. Skorpion especially did a TON of work on it. Thank you guys for your help!
I second this for both of these guys. They both !

Last edited by Corrupt.; 01-08-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #277
Ceris

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I know it's a little late but I would also like to give both Skorpion and Exit a nomination for all their help with guides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post

They each gave Creech a hand with some site assistance not too long ago ranging from checking for subscribers without their green names to checking to see if games needed to be removed from the Missing Achievements List.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I second this for both of these guys. The both !
Got these updated in my list.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Quote:
That is true but I do think they deserve recognition for doing an exceptional jobs.
It was decided, no matter how well staff do their jobs, they are not to be nominated by what their job is supposed to do (The reason a thread is locked should be explained if it weren't obvious in the first place).

Their recognition is their blue names and badges

Edit: Got access to update the 2nd post of this thread instead of my random post in the middle of this thread

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 01-07-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 AM   #278
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
+1 for troy0891 x360a for sending me games during GSL.
+1 for Capn Doug for the same reason.

I know game lending usually goes on in GSL, but neither of them were on my team, so that was not only good sportsmanship but x360a team camaraderie against PS3T.

Last edited by dakisbac; 01-20-2014 at 06:02 AM.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 AM   #279
Judge Bergan

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post

I'm late seeing this but thanks for that, it's very nice of you.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 AM   #280
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I'm gonna throw one in for Dak, for getting hold of all of them elusive gamerpics
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #281
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I would like to add a +1 for Skorpion XBA for lending me some easy games to complete during the Staff v. Sub tournament free of charge.

Great guy!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #282
Ceris

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Everything's been updated the day it's posted, just haven't given any confirmation in a while. So yeah, 2nd post is up to date still. Keep those nomination coming!

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #283
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'd like to toss in a nomination for Jack Frost and 299 for helping me out with some Fable 2 achievements. Thanks guys!
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:23 AM   #284
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

I'd like to nominate Spade for helping me complete spec ops missions in MW2, vitally assisting in my completion.

+1 for Spade.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #285
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Nominating MabusScarab for helping out, oh, I don't know, maybe 1000 people with Iron Brigade. The man is a machine!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #286
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I would very much like to nominate the awesome 1001puppys for helping me out in the most recent Staff v. Subs Tourney by sending me a $10 copy of Fallout 3 on Steam for absolutely nothing in return. Also, for putting up with my constant bickering and persistent questions as she helped me through my first encounter with GFWL. You go, Pups!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #287
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'd like to toss in a nomination for Jack Frost and 299 for helping me out with some Fable 2 achievements. Thanks guys!
Quote:
I'd like to nominate Spade for helping me complete spec ops missions in MW2, vitally assisting in my completion.

+1 for Spade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Nominating MabusScarab for helping out, oh, I don't know, maybe 1000 people with Iron Brigade. The man is a machine!
In response to these only the last one really needs a nomination. People helping each other out with games and boosting is not really our of the ordinary - whereas someone giving up countless hours/days to help as many people with a game as possible is.

So the first two probably shouldn't count but the last one is fine.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #288
Ceris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
In response to these only the last one really needs a nomination. People helping each other out with games and boosting is not really our of the ordinary - whereas someone giving up countless hours/days to help as many people with a game as possible is.

So the first two probably shouldn't count but the last one is fine.
Welp, this comes from one of the officials that choose who actually receive the award, so I went and removed the nominations you said should not count. Sorry Troy and Slaughter for your nominations not counting, and sorry for Jack Frost, 299, and Spade for losing your nominations.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #289
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
I'd like to nominate Lavindathar for being the go-to guy when you have a question in the Xbox One forums. He responds to countless problems, swiftly and precisely, to save multiple threads appearing on the same topic.

If a question has been posted, he'll be there nine times out of ten, with a quality solution.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #290
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I'm throwing out another nomination for Skorpion XBA as he walked me through how to obtain and submit achievement tiles in a much easier way to understand than the thread. Extremely helpful guy.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #291
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
I would like to vote Arsenic 17. IMO, he is the pioneer of WP guide making. Surprised he isn't staff for all that he has done(not sure if he was invited to be staff already). Hat off to you sir .
H0p3sfalL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #292
Ceris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I'm throwing out another nomination for Skorpion XBA as he walked me through how to obtain and submit achievement tiles in a much easier way to understand than the thread. Extremely helpful guy.

Thanks!
You may only nominated a member once, but I did add that to his nomination reasons.

Everything is up to date.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #293
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I would like to add a +1 for Skorpion XBA for lending me some easy games to complete during the Staff v. Sub tournament free of charge.

Great guy!
Mr. Skorpion has also sent me some games free of charge, and I would like to give him a nomination also!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #294
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
i would personally like to nominate Lavindathar for the massive amount of assistance this gamer has given me lately

i have started threads for multiple games that i have had questions about(most recently angry birds star wars and strider) and this person has been consistently helping me in all of these forums
i don't know how to link other threads into this one or i would so i could show you how much assistance there has been(i'm not the most computer literate person)

anyways, there were two reasons i joined this site back in june/july
the first was to be able to converse and share ideas with fellow gamers
the second was to be able to get assistance if i ever needed it for games i was having trouble with

I feel gamers like Lavindathar are the exact reason i joined this site
with all the trollers/haters that seem to frequent these forums, it's nice to know that there are people that truly want to help when they can help others out

sorry to be long winded but everything i wrote is truth(in my mind at least)...lol

Last edited by wexsuvslim; 03-17-2014 at 03:46 PM.
wexsuvslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #295
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
+1 for Capn Doug for mailing me 10 easy games to boost my gamerscore closer to 100k (I need to hurry up and get it already). Saved me a lot of money/waiting for Gamefly to ship each game just 2 at a time.

Thanks Doug.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #296
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
+1 for Emporer 95 for making banners for several of my guides without me asking for them.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #297
Ceris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wexsuvslim View Post
i would personally like to nominate Lavindathar for the massive amount of assistance this gamer has given me lately

i have started threads for multiple games that i have had questions about(most recently angry birds star wars and strider) and this person has been consistently helping me in all of these forums
i don't know how to link other threads into this one or i would so i could show you how much assistance there has been(i'm not the most computer literate person)

anyways, there were two reasons i joined this site back in june/july
the first was to be able to converse and share ideas with fellow gamers
the second was to be able to get assistance if i ever needed it for games i was having trouble with

I feel gamers like Lavindathar are the exact reason i joined this site
with all the trollers/haters that seem to frequent these forums, it's nice to know that there are people that truly want to help when they can help others out

sorry to be long winded but everything i wrote is truth(in my mind at least)...lol
Week late response, sorry, missed the new post for this thead. As much as I love giving people their nominations, you do not meet the 500 post requirement to nominate another member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
+1 for Capn Doug for mailing me 10 easy games to boost my gamerscore closer to 100k (I need to hurry up and get it already). Saved me a lot of money/waiting for Gamefly to ship each game just 2 at a time.

Thanks Doug.
Got this one, and get that 100k!

Quote:
Old 03-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #298
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Week late response, sorry, missed the new post for this thead. As much as I love giving people their nominations, you do not meet the 500 post requirement to nominate another member
Awww no way! Not that it matters, I'll never get 10, but still! Lol. I'll come back and poke him when he has 500
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 AM   #299
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Does my nomination not qualify or something?
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:01 AM   #300
Ceris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Awww no way! Not that it matters, I'll never get 10, but still! Lol. I'll come back and poke him when he has 500
Go for it, I'll gladly add it at that point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Does my nomination not qualify or something?
Just added it.

I honestly missed your ninja post that you made while I was editing the nomination list. Replied in a new tab and never refreshed the page, didn't expect a reply at the same time I was updating the list.

Quote:

Last edited by Ceris; 03-25-2014 at 03:03 AM.