PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #1
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
$5 Dark Souls (Gold Only)

Dark Souls is $5 on Live again, Gold members only this time. If you haven't played it, then for the love of GoD go buy it.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
This is a great opportunity for people to get into the series before Dark Souls II comes out mid-March. Steal of a deal.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
This is a great opportunity for people to get into the series before Dark Souls II comes out mid-March. Steal of a deal.
Faaaannnnbbbooooooyyyyyyyyy

Is it true the final boss in dark souls is a laser breathing duck face named Beabert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:16 AM   #4
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Lol umad you can't beat the Taurus demon on the first go?

Completions: 44
Completion Percentage: 99.92%
Dante Kasai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
KillerBEA
CET

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Faaaannnnbbbooooooyyyyyyyyy

Is it true the final boss in dark souls is a laser breathing duck face named Beabert?

$5 for an enjoyable game, that takes 100 hours to complete? Great deal.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #6
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
$5 for an enjoyable game, that takes 100 hours to complete? Great deal.
You are ignoring my question so it must be true.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 03:24 AM   #7
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Nah, the final boss is basically you in the future who's somehow dead but almost a god but not anymore and now you're killing yourself.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:25 AM   #8
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
You are ignoring my question so it must be true.
I choose to ignore your statements and questions that have 'Beabert' in them. Its like an automatic filter. I just can't see them most of the time.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:26 AM   #9
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
$5 is too much, maybe if it was $2 cheaper..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 AM   #10
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
I choose to ignore your statements and questions that have 'Beabert' in them. Its like an automatic filter. I just can't see them most of the time.
The fact that your reply included Beabert determined that was a lie.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 03:28 AM   #11
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
The fact that your reply included Beabert determined that was a lie.
Its only filters it when other people say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
$5 is too much, maybe if it was $2 cheaper..
Aw come on Barad, you know you want to I will even talk you through the whole thing.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-21-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 AM   #12
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Its only filters it when other people say it.
It? Your parental controls?
Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 AM   #13
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Aw come on Barad, you know you want to I will even talk you through the whole thing.
Only way I'm buying the game is if someone plays with me through the whole thing.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #14
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
It? Your parental controls?
Its called My StayonTarget's Shitty Nickname Filter, and thats funny coming from someone 7 years younger than I am.

That offer I gave Barad goes for you too Target. You get the game and I will talk you through all 120 hours of pure awesomeness.

Quote:
Only way I'm buying the game is if someone plays with me through the whole thing.
The game isn't full co-op. Just the bosses and the areas surrounding the boss can be co-op'd. Navigation from place to plce is single player or pvp depending on the zone.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-21-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 AM   #15
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Everyone better buy this naow!

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #16
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Its called My StayonTarget's Shitty Nickname Filter, and thats funny coming from someone 7 years younger than I am.

That offer I gave Barad goes for you too Target. You get the game and I will talk you through all 120 hours of pure awesomeness.

The game isn't full co-op. Just the bosses and the areas surrounding the boss can be co-op'd. Navigation from place to plce is single player or pvp depending on the one.
Yeah my friend was telling me this sometime back. If only the game had full co-op and no chat restriction, I'd be on it like a flapjack. I'm too scared to play the game..and RPG's/Dungeon Crawlers are my least favourite genres! :/

Old 01-21-2014, 03:44 AM   #17
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

What's the hardest game you've ever completed, B A R 4 D?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #18
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
What's the hardest game you've ever completed, B A R 4 D?
Kung Fu Panda. It doesn't even matter I've seen plenty of Dark Souls gameplay/heard hours of chatter about it from various friends..there's no point me ever playing it when I'm due for failure lol.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #19
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
Yeah my friend was telling me this sometime back. If only the game had full co-op and no chat restriction, I'd be on it like a flapjack. I'm too scared to play the game.
You can circumvent the chat restriction, by using private chat. Although that means you can only talk to one person at a time. The chat requirement is part Godsend and part Devil Incarnate. It kicks you off the online mode so you never get invaded by the lovely people that inhabit the pvp community, but that means no co-oping boss fights and no personalized messages with advice on the ground. Even if some of them are trolling, a lot of people drop good tips on the ground, especially in certain parts of the game.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #20
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Humph....well I tried it once, and hated it. I think KillerBEA talking about it over LIVE persuaded me to get it again...well at least for $5.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:52 AM   #21
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

I know you're lying, but suit yourself.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:53 AM   #22
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
You can circumvent the chat restriction, by using private chat. Although that means you can only talk to one person at a time. The chat requirement is part Godsend and part Devil Incarnate. It kicks you off the online mode so you never get invaded by the lovely people that inhabit the pvp community, but that means no co-oping boss fights and no personalized messages with advice on the ground. Even if some of them are trolling, a lot of people drop good tips on the ground, especially in certain parts of the game.
I haven't used private chat in 5 years. Yuck. I'm guessing this isn't the case anymore in Dark Souls 2..

Quote:
I know you're lying, but suit yourself.
You'd be wasting your time trying to persuade me!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #23
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Quote:
I haven't used private chat in 5 years. Yuck. I'm guessing this isn't the case anymore in Dark Souls 2..

You'd be wasting your time trying to persuade me!
Probably. I wasn't going to anyway because I'm tired

Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 AM   #24
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
But I thought I was on #TeamBelBEAber?
Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 03:58 AM   #25
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
I haven't heard either way about chat restrictions in 2. I know the game will be harder due to your total health taking a temporary 10% hit each time you die, up to 50% of your total health can be blocked off. Its fixed buy regaining your characters humanity with effigys and such. While 2 is more forgiving in some areas, they hurt you where it counts in other areas.

Needless to say I am quite excited for Dark Souls 2, I am going in blind this time. No guides to follow, no friendly advice from my friends that already beat the game. This will be interesting if my determination beats out my lack of actual skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Humph....well I tried it once, and hated it. I think KillerBEA talking about it over LIVE persuaded me to get it again...well at least for $5.
Now that I am actually on your live friends list this time Kyle; just invite me to a chat and I can give you all the help you need
Quote:
But I thought I was on #TeamBelBEAber?
You're pushing it Target

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-21-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #26
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Now that I am actually on your live friends list this time Kyle; just invite me to a chat and I can give you all the help you need
Oh, I was planning on doing that. I'll need help pretty much 24/7, so just be ready for that.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #27
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
You're pushing it Target
Okay I'll stop...

Maybe I should complete Dark Souls just so I can rightfully piss you off on a frequent basis.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 04:05 AM   #28
KillerBEA
CET

Quote:
Okay I'll stop...

Maybe I should complete Dark Souls just so I can rightfully piss you off on a frequent basis.
You would need to do it without my help to even think about using that to piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Oh, I was planning on doing that. I'll need help pretty much 24/7, so just be ready for that.
Born ready.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #29
Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

I completed Dark Souls by myself. Does that mean I can piss off BEA?

Not that I'd want to. BEA's a cool guy.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #30
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
You would need to do it without my help to even think about using that to piss me off.
Maybe I will. BECAUSE I'M CRAAAAAA-ZEYY!

Quote:
I completed Dark Souls by myself. Does that mean I can piss off BEA?

Not that I'd want to. BEA's a cool guy.
Yes. You are the first certified member of the West BEAburro Club.
Quote: