11. What it is Like to be a Twin

12. The End of the Tournament

13. Games That Have Defeated Me

14. March Plans, Completion Percentage Woes

15. Where the Hell is Puppys?

16. Busy Body

17. Zombies, Cars, BIRTHDAY?

18. Almost June

19. Tales of Vesperia and 99% Completion? Done.

20. A Serious Collection

21. Upcoming Months

22. Ebay Sucks (Rant)

23. August 2014 Update

24. The Dark Side

25. Done with Destiny?

26. Huge Update

27. Asura's Wrath Kicked my Ass

2019:

28. The Road Back to 99%

29. GSL '19 and Approaching 300k

30. The 2019 Personal Life Update

31. GSL, The Road to 99% v2, Halo MCC

32. My Sekiro Journey & Review

33. Devil May Cry V Journey & Review

34. Mid 2019 Update

35. August-September 2019

36. October Update + Borderlands 3 Review

37. Top 25 of the 8th Gen Update

38. Code Vein Journey and Review.

39. End of October Update.

40. Backloggery Account Created.

41. November 2019 Update.

42. December 2019.

43. 2019: A Year in Review (Part 1)

44. 2019: A Year in Review (Part 2)

2020:

45. January 2020 Update

46. February 2020 Update

47. GSL 2020 (4 parts)

48. April 2020 Update

49. May 2020 Update

50. June 2020 / AC Odyssey Review

51. July 2020

52. August 2020 (2 parts)

53. Every Game I've Never Completed (as of 2020) (4 parts)

54. You Are the Eliminator

55. September 2020 (2 parts)

56. October 2020 (3 parts)

57. November 2020

58. Cyberpunk 2077 Journey & Review

59. 2020 Year in Review

2021:

60. January 2021

61. February 2021

62. March 2021

63. GSL '21 Write Up

64. May 2021

65. June 2021

66. July 2021

67. August-October 2021

68. November 2021

69. December 2021

70. 2021 Year in Review

2022:

71. January 2022

72. February 2022

73. Seriously 3.0

74. March 2022

75. April 2022 (GSL '22)

76. May 2022

77. June 2022

78. July 2022

79. August 2022

80. September 2022

81. October 2022

82. November 2022

83. December 2022

84. 2022 Year in Review

2023:

85. January 2023

86. February 2023

87. March 2023

88. April 2023

89. May 2023

90. June 2023

91. July 2023

92. August 2023

93. September 2023

94. October 2023 (GSL '23)

95. November 2023 & Starfield Review/Journey

96. December 2023

97. 2023 Year in Review

2024:

98. January 2024

99. February 2024

Edited by Puppys
New link who dis

0. My Personal Life

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My name is Puppys, and that is what I prefer to go by. I have slipped my real name to at least two people here, so you better keep quiet or I will send ninja assassins after you! In my free time you will find me either here or on my xbox… And of course the rare occasions out with my family/friends.

I have been gaming since I was about 5-6 when my mom brought out her original NES for my brother and me to play. Ah yes, for those of you who don’t know, I have a twin brother. He likes to brag about being older, even though it’s only by eight minutes! I promise not to shower my blog with my treacherous face, but here’s a pic of us from about a year and a half ago:

~removed~

I also have a little sister who is nine years of age.

~removed~

(Okay that’s enough of my face, ugh! Promise!)

I grew up in a city called Virginia Beach, here in Virginia (duh). The place can be summed up in two sentences: “There’s nothing to fucking do” and “Jesus, what is wrong with the weather?” Seriously, I was wearing shorts about two weeks ago and today it is around 15 degrees outside. We also don’t get snow often, so when it snowed five inches last Tuesday, the entire city basically shut down. And although I live pretty much near a beach, I don’t really go because I hate sand and I’m terrified of the ocean. Sounds silly I guess, but that’s me.

I am currently 22 years old, and I just graduated college in December. I am trying hard to find a job but it is just about as hard as it gets. I currently work part-time as a customer service rep. That job sucks because you get all the angry customers with their senseless problems. I am definitely a people person but not a “I have a fucking problem” people person. I am kept sane by my free time near the end of my shift so I play my 3ds or browse the forums :)

Some silly facts about me? Well, I’m left-handed. I can play guitar hero like a champ but can’t even hold a real guitar correctly. I like spiders as long as they aren’t within 100 feet of me. I still have all my Yugioh cards even though all my friends grew out of it (apparently). I despise high heels and will never, ever wear them again after prom all those years back.

Well geez, I thought I would have a lot more to write about myself, but it seems I am a pretty boring person. Hahaha until next time!

Edited by Puppys
Removed personal pictures.

1. My Seven Years on the 360

The Beginning

Ever since Halo: Combat Evolved, I knew I was an Xbox gal at heart. After hearing about all the impending problems on launch, I decided to wait at least a year before getting one. That magical moment came on Christmas in 2006. Gears of War was a refreshing experience from my Halo years, and all my friends were begging me to get it.

My very first achievement: (12/26/06)

Hexic HD

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/14/0ICLiGJh.jpg

25 Total Combos - 5G

This was the first thing I ever did on my 360, and I got hooked on Hexic. It was a game I picked up very quickly and ended up being my first completion. However, I did pick the 360 up to play Gears of War with friends, so that became my first retail completion. I was quite a while before I even bothered with achievements, I just loved Gears enough to complete it. Infact, I didn't even pass 10k my first year. I spent most of my time focusing on multiplayer games with friends. I reached my first milestone on March 6th, 2008 on spring break at my friends house:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/39a80bf97ff9_zps704d0e29.jpg

- 2008, when my phone's quality was equal to that of a potato. :p

Call of Duty 4 Days

I spent the latter half of 2007 playing Call of Duty 4. As very few of you know, I spent ungodly amounts of time in that game playing with friends. I also filled my friends list up with fellow female gamers and we went at it all the time. Before I knew it, I was sitting very high on the kill leaderboards, and carrying a K/D that shouldn't have existed. It caused me to become a hermit to the outside world and play COD4 for up to 12 hours a day. Yes, you heard correct, and it's not something I'm proud of...because it tore me up inside. I did reach my goal, as I surpassed the top 25 in kills on March 28th, 2008. After that day, I vowed never to let video games come between me and my family.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/4869e8989c76_zps102b0681.jpg

- Again, sorry for potato quality.

2008-2010: Sleeper Years

After Call of Duty 4 was over, I kinda free roamed from game to game. I really got into WaW, and even got to 10th prestige for that achievement. That game will probably go down as one of the hardest completions in my lifetime. I didn't really do much during this time. In fact, I didn't even reach 25,000 gamerscore until September 9th, 2009. I had just begun college and was spending more time with my family, so I felt a lot better about myself.

2010 was really the start of my completionist attitude that still runs through my veins today. I borrowed a lot of games from my friend and just became obsessed with earning every achievement. I had doubled my gamescore to 50,000 in just over a year. By the end of 2010, I was sitting on 57,500...When I got a little idea...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/20110720215221_zps778dfdaa.jpg

2011: The Best...Or Worst Year?

As you can see in my motto above, I made a bet/resolution that I could double my gamerscore to 115k in one year. EVERY one of my friends said I simply could not do it. But in the end, I did manage to surpass my goal in early December of that year. Of course the best part about it, was hitting 100,000:gsicon: on 7/20/2011 with Forza Motorsport 3:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/1094/s19.jpg

Reach Driver level 30 in Season Play Mode - 30G

As some of you know, 2011 was a rough year for me in terms of my breakup late year. I spent almost the entire month of October and November earning next to nothing. I owe Skyrim many thanks to saving my sanity and being the escape from depression when I needed it most.

2012-2013

2012 was a very slow year for me in terms of gamerscore. I only earned a measly 21,000 score and I don't recall why. I did spend a lot of time focusing on school and hanging out with my neglected friends (God, looking back I was a terrible person) since my relationship had ended. To be honest, I can't think of why I didn't earn that much off the top of my head. Might get back to you on that one.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/IMG_20130322_233851_639-1_zpsfd36ac70.jpg

2013, however, was quite a good year for me. In fact, I think I broke every record there is to break. Here's some quickies:

150,000 gamerscore: Obtained 3/22/2013

Most gamerscore earned in one year: 58,400

Most gamerscore earned in one day: 1,495 (twice!)

I only went 27 days without earning at least one achievement.

Most days between first and last achievement earned: 1,464 (Bayonetta)

I also would have earned 9,055 gamerscore during GSL if I had participated!

2014: The Story so Far

So far this year I have been plowing through a backlog of 22 games I bought around Christmas. Almost none of them I really want to play, but meh, whatever :p I originally planned to eliminate the backlog before March, but that isn't happening. I'm also trying to keep an "achievement streak" going for at least 100 days. I'm currently sitting at 76 at the time of this writing!

I've been mostly sidetracked with a little Sub v. Staff competition going on right now. When the first two genres were picked, I thought crap...I won't even get to contribute. I actually ended up coughing up SEVEN completions for our team, and being directly responsible for another FIVE completions for my team. I guess it was my first tournament and I wanted to make an impression :dance:

Lastly, I reached an impressive milestone of 200k today, 1/24/2014. The best part is, I earned quite possibly the BEST achievement while hitting it. Hey, I saw I was 500G away after throwing out a 30th arcade completion, and went for it.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/392/0zc8P2Nh.jpg

Achieve a Hit Counter of 30 - 200G

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/IMG_20140124_022836_332_zps6d281b40.jpg

So that about wraps it up! Feel free to ask me questions, all though if you got this far and you aren't asleep, +1 Gold Star for you :D I'll leave you guys with some of my current stats!

As of 1/24/2014

Total Achievements: 8,680

Completion Percentage: 97.91%*

*If I complete all games I'm working on at the immediate moment, it will be 98.33%

Completion without DLC: 99.58%*

*same thing as ^

Completed games: 154 retail, 30 arcade

205 games played.

Goals: N/A at the moment, except a 100 day achievement streak.

Edited by Puppys

2. XBA and Me

So I’ve been around XBA for a while. I registered in the summer of 2009, but to be honest, I don’t remember why. I’m sure it was to ask for help, trade some achievements, or something similar. I was more of a lurker then, but I posted occasionally. I also saw the awards that some users had, and I really liked the idea of them. I looked to see which ones I could get, and even though it was a little lame, I enjoyed being able to get one just for being a girl :p

So I remember posting for it, and Minty sends me a message saying he needs PROOF that I’m a girl. I was like, whoa, really…But then again I guess people going around and pretending to be females is a thing nowadays. Anyways, I came from ****************. I was very active over there early in my achievement career.

Somewhere in 2010, I became active in the forums. My brother and I shared a tag for a while when we were living together, and we would occasionally mess with people who bothered me for being a female.

Anyway, somewhere along the line we took turns boosting the 500 wins in Unreal Tournament 3. Thanks to x360a, we found someone willing to go the entire distance. For whatever reason, we messed with him too. Apparently this pissed him off, and he reported me to Minty saying I was pretending to be a girl just to get favors. Suddenly I was confronted by him and Tyger, both threatening to ban me… After a few calm arguments and voice messages proving my claim, I dropped off the x360a universe because I just didn’t feel welcome.

I stuck around a few forums here and there, wrote one achievement guide/roadmap, and still exchanged achievements. After seeing the large increase in awards, I was intrigued to make a return. I slowly started posting and found that this community had changed for the better. It was always nice to get a friendly reply (or duck face) from the guy in change of the website rather than threats. :)

As far as staff clubs are concerned, I have six completed ones right now. The best part is, two of them have only been completed by the actual staff member. Here’s a summery since it seems to be popular on everyone’s blog :p

Complete: 6

- bplayak

- *Clueless*

- Deekboy

- Grifter Reborn

- Xerofox

- Inebriated Jedi

Close: 10

DEG23 (Just need Deus Ex)

Gackt (Have Sacred 2 and Enchated Arms in backlog)

Minty (Just need that 100$ game, lol)

Never Final (Just need Final Fantasy 13)

Rajeanero (Just need 5 achievements in Mass Effect 3)

Rekkikire – Only need one achievement in Spec Ops, but will never get it.

Shinobi – Just need Hitman and it is in backlog

TemporalWizard – I heard this was an easy club…Don’t tempt me!

Troy – Just need Minecraft…I never wanted to play it, but now I might :p

Yunder – Just need Dead Rising…but…no…thanks

Until next time!

Edited by Puppys

That 10k screen at your friends house is priceless. I wish I had done that now lol. Looks like you're nearing your 100 streak goal too. :drunk My highest is like 37 with a measly 300 achievements during summer 13 ha!

My highest streak would have been 65 days, but unfortunately I failed to earn an achievement in May playing Beyond Good and Evil and it broke. I'm happy to have surpassed that by now :p

Yeah, why is Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise like $80 on Amazon? I don't get it.

Also sucks for a completion as it requires an Xbox LIVE Vision Camera and who the hell owns those anymore - or sells 'em.

Also, you should finish up ME3 (you seem to love that game) and Spec Ops. I know Spec Ops is hard, but pull through, dammit! I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.

Also, you should finish up ME3 (you seem to love that game) and Spec Ops. I know Spec Ops is hard, but pull through, dammit! I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.

You should listen to this man Puppys, he sounds very wise:D

Plus it would be an honor to have the 2012-2013 bra stuffing champ in my club:p

Yeah, why is Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise like $80 on Amazon? I don't get it.

Also sucks for a completion as it requires an Xbox LIVE Vision Camera and who the hell owns those anymore - or sells 'em.

I was waiting for the DLC to go on sale, but I will certainly do that before May-June if it doesn't. I will not be playing Spec Ops ever again. I know my limits, and that was pushing them too hard.

Also, I may just borrow Horse and Me from StayonTarget because it can be used in our tourney :)

You should listen to this man Puppys, he sounds very wise:D

Plus it would be an honor to have the 2012-2013 bra stuffing champ in my club:p

Hahaha what can I say.

I was waiting for a price drop in the special edition, but I can't find it for cheaper than $30 last time I checked. I heard the special edition was cooler and made the game more fun + it included the DLC.

EDIT: I just noticed it blanked out that other achievement website I came from that doesn't exist anymore. Kinda funny. Does it black out trueachievements as well?

EDIT 2: It doesn't! I really need to go to sleep. 5:30am again X:

Edited by Puppys

I need at least 7 hours of sleep each night - any less and I turn into the Hulk.

I was like that until I started Uni, now there's no parents here nagging me to sleep and I have more shit to do (more time to waste by gaming obviously) so you start to adapt to say 5-6 hrs sleep sometimes. :/ I sleep like 12+hrs on the weekend though.

My sleeping schedule is just fucked.

How do you guys do that?!

I need at least 7 hours of sleep each night - any less and I turn into the Hulk.

I don't know, sometimes I get 5 hours of sleep, and sometimes I can get 8 if I don't have to work until late. I just haven't been able to sleep lately. Might have to do with being nervous for interviews and stuff finding a job. :/

This was a fun read and I only just noticed you completed my club challenge :eek:. Was that before or after Dust: An Elyssium Tale?

It was during the 30 day period when Dust was getting added but not required. It was just chance that I was playing Dust at the same time. Good game!

I was like that until I started Uni, now there's no parents here nagging me to sleep and I have more shit to do (more time to waste by gaming obviously) so you start to adapt to say 5-6 hrs sleep sometimes. :/ I sleep like 12+hrs on the weekend though.

I love not being nagged by parents anymore, but I am kinda living at two places right now. Sometimes they do nag me to help out in the morning when I'm at home, and I might end up with less than 2-3 hours of sleep.

However, I cannot sleep past 9 hours or else I also feel like the Hulk. Is that supposed to happen? lol

Sorry I'm always late to the party. I blame the time zone difference. Great read Puppys! You've come along way! Like Barad said, the 10,000G pic was priceless and really worth keeping. Keep up the great gaming and achievement hunting!

As for amount of hours slept each night, you guys are lucky. I can't sleep for anymore than 5 hours. I simply wake up and can't get back to sleep due to an active mind. Pisses me off some days, but I've grown used to it over time.

BTW: You're a huge badass for you leaderboard position in CoD4! HUGE BADASS!

I love not being nagged by parents anymore, but I am kinda living at two places right now. Sometimes they do nag me to help out in the morning when I'm at home, and I might end up with less than 2-3 hours of sleep.

However, I cannot sleep past 9 hours or else I also feel like the Hulk. Is that supposed to happen? lol

Lol! When I go home I tend to spend most of the weekend sleeping and eating. That's sounds so fatty of me. XD

Well, freshman year I used to do that. Go to bed at 4am and wake up at 8am for class, but it was a horrible idea. I've been getting better and better, and for the last year, my schedule has been perfect thus far with 6-8 hours each night and 8-10 on the weekends, even though 10 is pushing it sometimes. You're crazy!

I don't know, sometimes I get 5 hours of sleep, and sometimes I can get 8 if I don't have to work until late. I just haven't been able to sleep lately. Might have to do with being nervous for interviews and stuff finding a job. :/

I don't know how ya do it! And don't be nervous! I was nervous last week when I had my interview, but the nerves aren't worth it - just gets you too worked up. Better to calm yourself down and just go with the flow :D

What the... Not playing Spec Ops again? That was a great game and the challenge rating wasn't too bad. And this is a coming from a guy who is not so good at shooters. You should watch the Extra Credits episodes on Spec Ops, too. Gives you all sorts of insight into things that you might not have noticed about the game.

It sure was brave of you to post all this stuff. I don't think I'd ever be able to post personal shit without killing myself, so props to you! Even more so for reaching 200k!

Keep it up, girl. I expect 300k by November 2017 :)

I'm not really keen on personal info, but the community here is really nice now. I feel right at home with you guys.

Sorry I'm always late to the party. I blame the time zone difference. Great read Puppys! You've come along way! Like Barad said, the 10,000G pic was priceless and really worth keeping. Keep up the great gaming and achievement hunting!

As for amount of hours slept each night, you guys are lucky. I can't sleep for anymore than 5 hours. I simply wake up and can't get back to sleep due to an active mind. Pisses me off some days, but I've grown used to it over time.

BTW: You're a huge badass for you leaderboard position in CoD4! HUGE BADASS!

I see now that the community blog has gone to more than just staff/subs, so I answered my own pm lol

I still laugh at my oldest pictures, my phone was such a piece of crap back then!

That stuff you said about the weather, x100 and your close to what we get in the Uk. :p

Good read by the way! I will be sure to keep my gold star somewhere safe. :p

Is your brother an achievement hunter like you?

Haha, but no, my brother tends to only play xbox for cod or halo now, but we have shared some achievement hunting experiences in the past. He mostly plays PC now. Can't blame him I guess, but I hate steam achievements because there is always a billion of them!

What the... Not playing Spec Ops again? That was a great game and the challenge rating wasn't too bad. And this is a coming from a guy who is not so good at shooters. You should watch the Extra Credits episodes on Spec Ops, too. Gives you all sorts of insight into things that you might not have noticed about the game.

The game was great, but the hardest difficulty was just too punishing. Reminded me of WaW or COD3, and I just don't want to experience that anymore. If something is that hard, I'd rather move to another experience than linger on it in frustration.

Also, thanks for the words of encouragement D :)