Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sleeping Dogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Breedhate68

breedhate68's Gamercard
2 questions about game

first, is it possible to get 10 triad after game, i'm wearing 15% set of clothes but every mission is 3 triangles full and I can't seem to get last inch of triad to fill, kind of sucks that there is no room for error on this.

second question is i'm down to last 5 races, but the B class car and class A bike i'm getting owned on. I've purchased every vehicle and tried every one on races but even if i drive flawlessly they fly by me no matter what, what is best car and bike for these races?
Breedhate68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
staindsoul413

StaindSoul413's Gamercard
I haven't finished the races so I'm no help with that one! But you should get 10 everything eventually. It did take me longer to get Triad than the police or face but it happens closer to the end. I didn't even pay attention to how many triangles I was getting or what clothes I was wearing and didn't notice it was lower until I reached 10 on the cops. But it will happen!

Last edited by staindsoul413; 01-08-2014 at 08:42 AM.
staindsoul413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
You can definitely get level 10 triad after the game. Just replay some earlier missions with your 15% gear and you should get it. Make sure you get as many headshots as possible, and destroy enemy cars. In melee, you'll want to go for as many hard hits as possible. Use disarms, and the like.

For class A races I always use the Velocita. Can't remember what I use for class B, but either way I normally ram opponents early in the race to get them to crash. It helps if you don't race clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 01-08-2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: I meant replay, not reply.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
brent420

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
I been replaying missions and I still don't go to triad lvl 10 the bar don't move at all?
brent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent420 View Post
I been replaying missions and I still don't go to triad lvl 10 the bar don't move at all?
The game was built so as the Triad bar takes a ridiculous amount of time to reach 10. It does go up, but in miniscule amounts.

For the races, I didn't find any of them hard at all. I always used the Velocita for A, and the Crotchrocket for the Class A bike races.

Can't help on B.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
brent420

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
Are u sure cuz it don't look like it moves I've done 7 missions now
brent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
welsh boy

mark kidley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent420 View Post
Are u sure cuz it don't look like it moves I've done 7 missions now
I had a similar issue. I replayed the early fighting missions using the leg break move a lot because it gives big XP. Then replayed the final mission and it flew past level 10. Be patient ss long as your wearing 15% suit it becomes achievable.
welsh boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 AM   #8
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Like everyone's saying, wear the Mountain Master set to get the bonus 15% XP.

Go slow in shooting sections and make sure to get headshots. On driving sections where you shoot enemies, make sure to kill the passengers first, then the car for more XP.

On melee parts, I went back and used the Dim Mak (Y + B as a counter move) and the Climbing Elbow Strike (LT + B) to get more points.

Even after all 3 triangles are filled, you still earn XP. I went back after the Funeral mission and replayed all of them and that put me at 9.5 for Triad. Civil Discord put me over the top since you can go for a lot of headshots and use the grenade launcher.

I thought I might have to buy the XP DLC since it seemed like it was going up so slowly, but it is doable without buying it.
Wolverine674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #9
trach555

trach555's Gamercard
How many hours you need to get 1kGS?
trach555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
ikuyok

ikuyoK's Gamercard
Hmmm. Noone seems to be mentioning a very important part. Your xp doesn't go up unless you beat your previous score. That's why you replay all of them with the clothes. Luckily I someone avoided having to replay any. I was really dreading that... I don't even need part of the 2nd to last mission or the last mission to hit 10. And they give you by far the most xp. I knew it would be a thing so I payed attention to how much I was getting. Though I didn't even get triple triad on even half of the missions I still easily got 10. So maybe it's really just about loading up on xp on a few missions and getting 2 triads symbols on the rest.

Anyways. Take the bottom path with the martial arts training. Breaking the leg and following that up with a kick gets a lot of points. Doing the same exact move over and over will penalize you. So mix in some heavy counters or light counters followed by a knee strike to stun with a heavy kick to stunned opponent. Also I realized very early on that environmental kills were terrible. I still did then on cool stuff I wanted to see. But never more than the once just to see what it looks like. You get no points for it. You'd get like 10 times the amount for killing him normally. No weapons either. They kill too fast too. Only get headshots. You will always be near a chest high wall so wait for someone to poke his head out then vault over and headshot that guy. After that with so much slowed time you should be able to head shot everyone else in the room. If not just keep vaulting over and headshotting. With cars shoot then up a lot. You get points for every bullet put into them. And more when they crash or blow up. So do a lot of damage to the cara before killing the driver or shooting the tire out.

As for races. The car they give you for b-class is good enough. And I thin the na-r is the best bike in the game. Personally I say don't crash. Don't try to wreck your opponents. Sure it's fun. But alls it does is slow you down and the other guy. If there are people in front of you they just get further away. I beat every computer opponent by like 20 seconds. Just don't crash into other cars or obsticles and it should be easy enough. Where I think you'll make up the most of your time though is the corners. They computer takes them so slowly and horribly that if you take them halfway decently I think you should put some distance between you and them.

Last edited by ikuyok; 01-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.
ikuyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #11
chaos muffin

I kept at it, was stuck at 9.5 triad for a minute. Took the advice here and 1000'ed it a few hours later.
.It's all about beating as much sh!t out of the enemy before you take em out.

XBOX LIVE gt - chaos muffin (buddy me for boosting adventures)
chaos muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #12
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I was also stuck trying to level my triad to 10 but I figured out how to get it up fast. Getting 3 full triangles isnt important as getting a high score. Compare your high score to your friends and if you are only 100 or 200 behind them move on to a different mission. I only did the missions where I was about 500 behind the leader and I would get headshots and all of the stuff the people above me explained. This way even if you dont get 3 triangles you still get tons of points twoards your level 10.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote