PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
w00d3rs
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4

w00d3rs's Gamercard
Online Tips & Tricks Guide!

Hey all.

I thought it would be a good idea to create a list of tips and tricks to surviving online. This is a working progress, so feel free to suggest your own tips and tricks.

MONEY
Keep Your Money Safe
You can use your in game phone to deposit your cash rather than finding an ATM. This will prevent you from losing
http://youtu.be/ORJwIdIGHrg

Sell Cars to Los Santos Customs - Tip curtsey of Boomerang Cat
The following video lists the top 10 best vehicles to sell to Lose Santos Customs for a quick profit. Note: You can sell a car to any Los Santos Customs garage once ever 48 real-time minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4zFX5NKoE

Buying An Apartment
- Tip curtsey of Boomerang Cat
Don't waste money on smaller apartments, if your going to eventually but the most expensive apartment ($400,000 including a 10 Car Garage) buy it without purchasing the others as you can only own 1 apartment at a time and you are forced to sell the unwanted place for 1/2 of the fee you paid for it.

Call Martin Madrazo - Tip curtsey of Boomerang Cat
Martin Madrazo has some nice Missions for fast money. Call ever 2.5 to 3 minutes to request a job such as:
Check Out Time, Out Of Court Settlement + Editor & Thief = $6,750/$7,500 in 3 minutes.
Defender & Extradition = $15,000+ in 5 to 6 Minutes.
Mixed Up With Coke = $13,500 in 4 minutes.
Rooftop Rumble is his best Mission where you can earn $18,750 in 3 minutes.

Lester also has a couple of decent Missions with a good time to money ratio. Bust Out & Stocks and Scares have the best Cash to Time ratio's.

Killing Bounty's
- Tip curtsey of Boomerang Cat
Get a fast car and move near to the bounty target (around 15 to 20 seconds drive away), call Lester and pay $500 to disappear from the Radar for 1 minute, then approach the bounty from behind and shoot them to claim an easy and unchallenged Bounty. If they are driving in a Car you may want to use a Sticky Bomb but you risk ending up in a horrible "Bad Sport" Lobby if you destroy too many Personal Vehicles.

Play "Coveted" for $12,000 every 4 minutes -Tip curtsey of Boomerang Cat
Go to GTA Online > Press Start > Go To Online > Jobs > Host Job > Missions > Coveted

Easily completed Solo check this Thread Here.



EARNING RP
Earning RP from Golf

Golf is a brilliant way to rank up quickly. Jump into a golf game with 4 players. When all 4 holes are finished, even if you come last, you'll gain at least 1k RP. And as an added bonus. Playing one hole of golf increases your strength stat by at least 1 mini bar (1% of 100).


RACES
Unlocking Race Specific Upgrades
If you're looking to quickly unlock certain upgrades that require you to win a races for a specific car class, then head to the Criminal Records race by the prison. Host a game and set it to 1 lap. Either invite friends and boost or play with randoms and see if you can hold your own.

Race Boost
To receive a nice boost off the starting line. Wait util the countdown says GO. As soon as GO appears on the screen, hit the acceleration and you should receive a quick boost to start you off.


Know some good tips or tricks? Post them below!

Enjoy!

Last edited by w00d3rs; 01-28-2014 at 10:25 PM.
w00d3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
ServeChilled
 
ServeChilled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nung River, Cambodia
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d3rs View Post
Hey all.

I thought it would be a good idea to create a list of tips and tricks to surviving online. This is a working progress, so feel free to suggest your own tips and tricks.

Keep Your Money Safe
You can use your in game phone to deposit your cash rather than finding an ATM. This will prevent you from losing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJwIdIGHrg

Earning RP From Golf

Golf is a brilliant way to rank up quickly. Jump into a golf game with 4 players. When all 4 holes are finished, even if you come last, you'll gain atleast 1k RP. And as an added bonus. Playing one hole of golf increases your strength stat by at least 1 bar.

Unlocking Race Specific Upgrades
If you're looking to quickly unlock certain upgrades that require you to win a races for a specific car class, then head to the Criminal Records race by the prison. Host a game and set it to 1 lap. Either invite friends or see if you can win on your own.

Race Boost
To receive a nice boost off the starting line. Wait util the countdown says GO. As soon as GO appears on the screen, hit the accerleration and you should recieve a quick boost to start you off.

Got some better tips/tricks? Post them below!

Enjoy!

That has to be something new. That mos def wasn't the case when I started. I would recheck that one.
__________________
Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for sig

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four



ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:59 AM   #3
chriscutis
 
chriscutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 353

Breadly Weapon's Gamercard
Yeah I don't think it increases by that much but I do know playing golf does increase your strength stat. That's where I got most of mine, and a friend maxed his out getting the platinum for birdies and trying for the hole in one.
__________________
Derpa derp derp derp tumtiddly tum tum.
chriscutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
HigginsM
 
HigginsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 244

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
Playing one hole of golf does not increase you strength by one bar (20%)


wood3rs wrote :- Unlocking Race Specific Upgrades
If you're looking to quickly unlock certain upgrades that require you to win a races for a specific car class, then head to the Criminal Records race by the prison. Host a game and set it to 1 lap. Either invite friends or see if you can win on your own.

You can't race on your own to get upgrades

Last edited by HigginsM; 01-27-2014 at 01:10 AM.
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
ServeChilled
 
ServeChilled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nung River, Cambodia
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscutis View Post
Yeah I don't think it increases by that much but I do know playing golf does increase your strength stat. That's where I got most of mine, and a friend maxed his out getting the platinum for birdies and trying for the hole in one.

Right, I played/play a lot of golf and increased most if not all of my strength stat doing so. I know for a fact it didn't go up 1 full bar per hole or even after a whole round.
__________________
Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for sig

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four



ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Boomerang Cat
 
Boomerang Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d3rs View Post


Got some better tips/tricks? Post them below!


I've posted the following a couple of times within different Threads but you may wan't to post all or parts of it above in the Tips/Tricks Guide.


Boomerang Cat's Guide To Earning Genuine Big Money In GTA 5: Online

Here's a Basic Guide to making money in GTA Online:

1. Make sure you sell a Car to LS Customs once every 48 real-time minutes.

The following Video shows the Top 10 highest value cars you can sell to LS Customs to earn extra easy money.


2. Buying an Apartment

Don't waste money on smaller apartments, if your going to eventually but the most expensive apartment ($400,000 including a 10 Car Garage) buy it without purchasing the others as you can only own 1 apartment at a time and you are forced to sell the unwanted place for 1/2 of the fee you paid for it.

3. Call Martin Madrazo every 2.5 to 3 minutes to request a Job

He has some nice Missions for fast money.

Check Out Time, Out Of Court Settlement + Editor & Thief = $6,750/$7,500 in 3 minutes.

Defender & Extradition = $15,000+ in 5 to 6 Minutes.

Mixed Up With Coke = $13,500 in 4 minutes.

Rooftop Rumble is his best Mission where you can earn $18,750 in 3 minutes.

Lester also has a couple of decent Missions with a good time to money ratio. Bust Out & Stocks and Scares have the best Cash to Time ratio's.

4. Easy way to earn cash through killing Bounty's - Off The Radar.

Get a fast car and move near to the Bounty Target (around 15 to 20 seconds drive away) call Lester and pay $500 to disappear from the Radar for 1 minute, then approach the bounty from behind and shoot them to claim an easy and unchallenged Bounty. If they are driving in a Car you may want to use a Sticky Bomb but you risk ending up in a horrible "Bad Sport" Lobby if you destroy too many Personal Vehicles.

5. Really want money fast? You could play "Coveted" for $12,000 every 4 minutes (including loading times).

Go to GTA Online > Press Start > Go To Online > Jobs > Host Job > Missions > Coveted

Easily completed Solo check this Thread Here.

I hope this helps .
__________________

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 01-27-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Dirty130
-
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 4,122

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeChilled View Post
Right, I played/play a lot of golf and increased most if not all of my strength stat doing so. I know for a fact it didn't go up 1 full bar per hole or even after a whole round.
Whichever patch gave us our removed strength stat back. I think also made it so after a few holes of golf, you'd have max strength. Makes me wonder why R* even removed it in the first place, if they made it so easy to max out. Just another mind fart on R*'s behalf I guess.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #8
ServeChilled
 
ServeChilled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nung River, Cambodia
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Whichever patch gave us our removed strength stat back. I think also made it so after a few holes of golf, you'd have max strength. Makes me wonder why R* even removed it in the first place, if they made it so easy to max out. Just another mind fart on R*'s behalf I guess.


I never had my stats reset so that could be the case. Nice call
__________________
Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for sig

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four



ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
Revenant Ex
 
Revenant Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 94

Revenant Ex's Gamercard
I was under the impression that the 400k apartment was no different than the one that cost 217k. Still get a 10 car garage.
Revenant Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeChilled View Post
I never had my stats reset so that could be the case. Nice call
Same here. The only real problem I've had was the "getting in the tutorial" on the first day. Past that...it's been relatively smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant Ex
I was under the impression that the 400k apartment was no different than the one that cost 217k. Still get a 10 car garage.
For the most part, there's only 3 different kinds of apartments and you might as well break em down society-wise as Lower, Middle and Upper class.
Some just have either another floor and extra little "activities" like a bong, beverages, PC, etc. You're more or less looking for a garage though since it's onl "so-real", what's the point of plunking down $400k when you can literally get the same exact thing in a different spot for almost half the price?
So yeah, in a sense there's 3 apartment types but it's only true constant usage is the garage.
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,131

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Play survival for free ammo and even have weapons that you can't even buy yet. Note: leaving session you will lose the weapons you can't buy yet.
__________________
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #12
Revenant Ex
 
Revenant Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 94

Revenant Ex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Same here. The only real problem I've had was the "getting in the tutorial" on the first day. Past that...it's been relatively smooth.



For the most part, there's only 3 different kinds of apartments and you might as well break em down society-wise as Lower, Middle and Upper class.
Some just have either another floor and extra little "activities" like a bong, beverages, PC, etc. You're more or less looking for a garage though since it's onl "so-real", what's the point of plunking down $400k when you can literally get the same exact thing in a different spot for almost half the price?
So yeah, in a sense there's 3 apartment types but it's only true constant usage is the garage.
I argued that point with someone. It's a total waste of 200k when I get the garage anyway. I don't even go into the apartment unless its to avoid the police if i'm nearby. Yet some people bought the higher priced apartment with gifted money so it wasnt a problem. I've had to go completely solo to get the apartment.
Revenant Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
ServeChilled
 
ServeChilled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nung River, Cambodia
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant Ex View Post
I argued that point with someone. It's a total waste of 200k when I get the garage anyway. I don't even go into the apartment unless its to avoid the police if i'm nearby. Yet some people bought the higher priced apartment with gifted money so it wasnt a problem. I've had to go completely solo to get the apartment.




I picked mine for the location. I always spawn in it tho I hardly ever go back once I'm out. I forget the name, its by the movie studios.
__________________
Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for sig

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four



ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #14
InsaneKane87
 
InsaneKane87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,396

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've been playing single player again, and have been doing something I should've done from the start.

If you want to see what a car looks like with a certain color, paint it in single player first so you don't waste your money in MP. I lost count on how many times I painted a car with a metallic color and wasted so much money. It's a great money saver.

Thanks R* for giving us a preview option! -_-
__________________
^Sig made by Rajeanero
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
Boomerang Cat
 
Boomerang Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 425
Bump....I knew this Thread could be discovered again.

Here's a quick Tip of how to replenish your Health quickly after taking damage:

The majority of Players know that you can buy Consumable Items at the Stores and by bringing up your Inventory at any time you can choose to eat or drink these Items in order to bring your Health bar back up to full.

To avoid the animation for Consuming the Item you've selected, which usually takes between 5 and 10 seconds each Item, you can simply go to your nearest wall or car e.t.c. and press RB to get into cover. Then you can press Back to bring up your Inventory and when you consume each Item while in cover the Game will skip the animation and you can quickly get your Health bar back up to full.

This is not my Video below, however from around 1 min 35 onwards you can see this character in cover quickly consuming purchased items while quickly replenishing his Health without watching several 5-10 second animations.



I hope this helps.
__________________
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #16
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Bump....I knew this Thread could be discovered again.

Here's a quick Tip of how to replenish your Health quickly after taking damage:

The majority of Players know that you can buy Consumable Items at the Stores and by bringing up your Inventory at any time you can choose to eat or drink these Items in order to bring your Health bar back up to full.

To avoid the animation for Consuming the Item you've selected, which usually takes between 5 and 10 seconds each Item, you can simply go to your nearest wall or car e.t.c. and press RB to get into cover. Then you can press Back to bring up your Inventory and when you consume each Item while in cover the Game will skip the animation and you can quickly get your Health bar back up to full.

[cut out the video]

I hope this helps.
there are people who didn't know that was a thing?
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #17
Boomerang Cat
 
Boomerang Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
there are people who didn't know that was a thing?
Given the number of times the random people I'm playing with die in the early stages of a Mission, I'm certain the answer to your question is Yes.
__________________
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #18
Sm0keytrip0d
 
Sm0keytrip0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 329

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Given the number of times the random people I'm playing with die in the early stages of a Mission, I'm certain the answer to your question is Yes.
usually those people who die early are the ones who charge in guns blazing without taking cover for me in random games so I just blamed their playstyle lol
__________________
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #19
Boomerang Cat
 
Boomerang Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
usually those people who die early are the ones who charge in guns blazing without taking cover for me in random games so I just blamed their playstyle lol


Agreed, the first 5 seconds while playing Rooftop Rumble with random people is a huge indication into how likely they are to die or just plain suck.


The cover consumables tip should help some of them hopefully.
__________________
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #20
Ashleyc
 
Ashleyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Abingdon, England
Posts: 36

ashley6200's Gamercard
I used to use a trick where whenever I unlocked a new weapon I would go into a survival session and pick it up from there, saved having to pay money in the first instance but obviously the upgrades would still need to be paid for.
Unfortunately i'm not sure if this still works. I unlocked the rocket launcher a while back and it kept taking it away, not sure if it is just a problem with just the rocket launcher or whether the pickups in survival no longer count.
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
Viperspike
 
Viperspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 141

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
I used to use a trick where whenever I unlocked a new weapon I would go into a survival session and pick it up from there, saved having to pay money in the first instance but obviously the upgrades would still need to be paid for.
Unfortunately i'm not sure if this still works. I unlocked the rocket launcher a while back and it kept taking it away, not sure if it is just a problem with just the rocket launcher or whether the pickups in survival no longer count.


Around February I reached rank 120 and got a crate which had a minigun. I was able to keep it and did not have to buy one. Although I later gave it to someone to try out who was below level 120 and they changed session and lost it. I told them that they would lose it if they were lower than rank 120 and changed session but they knew better. They then come to me and ask me to buy another minigun to give to them again.


You can get weapons through survival mode and crates, but with the time you invest, it would be better to play a couple of games of rooftop rumble to buy it.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 AM.