PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #61
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Doesn't the top speed say, 75 mph? Yet, I'm quite sure it goes much faster than that, possibly a typo.

It's a great car, but finding the right shade of color for it is a bitch.
Well I got plenty of decent test-rides from friends this weekend and for me it's not fast enough, maybe comparable with a fully modded Ubermacht Sentinel. Same for handling and stuff.

I bought me sweet Grotti Carbonazzi instead and I did not regret it. That was an additional +$300.000 just to fully mod it, dear lord.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #62
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
When I saw the price on it compared to mission payouts, I decided to boycott it. Sure I've got the GTA$ for it, but no. Just no.
Yeah, it's a little expensive considering. I'm still going to buy it though just because it's only available for a limited time. And yes, I fell for the limited time marketing trick, not my proudest moment .
Old 02-17-2014, 01:57 AM   #63
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Yeah, it's a little expensive considering. I'm still going to buy it though just because it's only available for a limited time. And yes, I fell for the limited time marketing trick, not my proudest moment .

When I sold a Adder for 757k I knew there was no way in hell I was buying that junk
Old 02-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #64
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
i like how the pack is free but the items aren't. why couldn't they make the stuff free like the beach bum pack? i guess Rockstar thinks everyone shits gold bars or something..i was barely lucky to afford the car + fully upgrade it..
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #65
Boomerang Cat

The Albany Roosevelt does look great, but $750,000 is too expensive for it considering it'd only be purchased for novelty value.

For a Fully modded Albany Roosevelt you'd be looking at close to $1m and it would still only travel at around half the speed of an Entity XF which costs a similar $795,000, plus around $250,000-$300,000 to fully mod.

If I were to purchase the Albany Roosevelt the novelty value would slowly wear off, while the frustration over it's lack of speed would build so I'll keep hold of my cash for something more appealing.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #66
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Well I got plenty of decent test-rides from friends this weekend and for me it's not fast enough, maybe comparable with a fully modded Ubermacht Sentinel. Same for handling and stuff.

I bought me sweet Grotti Carbonazzi instead and I did not regret it. That was an additional +$300.000 just to fully mod it, dear lord.
Same. Out of my friends that purchased it, I was able to get some quality time in the driver's seat and couldn't justify $750K. BUT.. Dressing up as gangsters, hanging off the sides of it is pretty cool. If only we had a bank to rob

As for the Grotti, I think it's a solid purchase and added it to my garage in the early days. It's still there and not going anywhere soon.

Quote:
Don't feel bad.. R* dangled a $750K four-wheeled carrot in your face and said you can have it, but you have to purchase it now! I know one person that bought it just because it was "limited edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
If I were to purchase the Albany Roosevelt the novelty value would slowly wear off, while the frustration over it's lack of speed would build so I'll keep hold of my cash for something more appealing.
This pretty much.. Lets say you have $1,000,000 and you just dropped $750K on that shitbox and they announce new, better vehicles in the coming weeks/months. You're going to be scrambling to make some bank back, regretting the purchase of the Roosevelt.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #67
poleh2o

NavyVinny's Gamercard
Really enjoyed the content. But where do I get all the cash to buy it all?
poleh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:37 AM   #68
ServeChilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleh2o View Post

Shark Cards, imagine that

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #69
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleh2o View Post
Play Rooftop Rumble or Coveted over and over for the best, fastest mission money, sell cars every 48 mins, etc.

It's too late for this now, but over the weekend they had triple the cash payout for sea races. I created a simple 2 lap sea race, and this is what I did for money if I was AFK or didn't really feel like playing....

Start up the race, 2 laps. Watch tv for about 5 mins, go to the bathroom, smoke break, whatever. Flip back to gta, complete the race. If you finished with a time of over 8 minutes, even for a 2 lap race, you got the max payout of $10,375 or something around there. Anything faster than 8 minutes resulted in less money.

I discovered this kind of on accident when I was away at one point and then kind of turned it into a method of afk play.

Sorry for kinda rambling on about a method that no longer applies after this past weekend but hey if it gives anyone else out there ideas then I guess it was useful.

And yeah like ServeChilled said above, there's the shark cards....but please, don't feed Rockstar. There's still plenty of ways to make money by playing the game instead of paying to play the game.

Last edited by TheMovement81; 02-19-2014 at 09:52 PM.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #70
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovement81 View Post
Play Rooftop Rumble or Coveted over and over for the best, fastest mission money, sell cars every 48 mins, etc.

It's too late for this now, but over the weekend they had triple the cash payout for sea races. I created a simple 2 lap sea race, and this is what I did for money if I was AFK or didn't really feel like playing....

Start up the race, 2 laps. Watch tv for about 5 mins, go to the bathroom, smoke break, whatever. Flip back to gta, complete the race. If you finished with a time of over 8 minutes, even for a 2 lap race, you got the max payout of $10,375 or something around there. Anything faster than 8 minutes resulted in less money.

I discovered this kind of on accident when I was away at one point and then kind of turned it into a method of afk play.

Sorry for kinda rambling on about a method that no longer applies after this past weekend but hey if it gives anyone else out there ideas then I guess it was useful.
This tip will come in handy for any other time they throw triple RP our way

Old 03-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #71
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Hopefully your character can be retrieved, Higgins. Shame though, this shit shouldn't still be happening
Finally got my rank back to what is was thanks to Brian B from the Rockstar support forum. Lost all my Pegasus vehicles thou. But kept all my weapons and all my cars that were in my garage and the apartment
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #72
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
Finally got my rank back to what is was thanks to Brian B from the Rockstar support forum. Lost all my Pegasus vehicles thou. But kept all my weapons and all my cars that were in my garage and the apartment
Nice, glad you got it back. Sucks about the Pegasus vehicles, but most important thing is you got your high rank back....the vehicles are much easier to obtain again than rank 225.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #73
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
Damn! Would have been a relief! Nice.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #74
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice, glad you got it back. Sucks about the Pegasus vehicles, but most important thing is you got your high rank back....the vehicles are much easier to obtain again than rank 225.
So true easier to get money than to grind levels again
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote