PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic the Hedgehog 4 > Episode 1
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #61
rossyboi88

Cooper Man 88's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Nice job nailing that achievement! I'm currently in the process of trying to get it, managed to get to the final boss when he only needs 1 more hit to defeat him and he flew down, i was too far away and he took the floor away from me...was GUTTED! Got a feeling I might manage to get it later on after a well deserved break! lol
Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #62
rossyboi88

Cooper Man 88's Gamercard
Exclamation

FINALLY got it just earlier! Think I need to go get some rest now lol NEVER AGAIN!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #63
Lordji

Send a message via MSN to Lordji

Lordji's Gamercard
It's been more than two hours and I can't get it. This 4th boss is annoying as hell, especially with the big fat bubbles that I always seem to get. Watching the vids on youtube, you see that people get sooooo lucky with this one.

Hate it.
Lordji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #64
Lordji

Send a message via MSN to Lordji

Lordji's Gamercard
Nevermind, I got it, I GOT IT! Almost a year without playing, thought I'd lost my achievement mojo but finally: here.

*happy*
Lordji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #65
DonTrombone7704

DonTrombone7704's Gamercard
Thumbs down

I just could not for the life of me get "Untouchable" no matter what I did. I've managed to master the first three bosses and reduce the damage to just poor timing and/or carelessness. Even the third boss, with the moving pillars, I've now gotten up to an 80 to 85 percent success rate in beating him. And the first two bosses I took care of in minutes, even the second part I beat in less than ten seconds. And then the third one was a bit of paying attention and learning the patterns over time. That reduced the third boss to just a minor annoyance in this regard.

However, the fourth part I could never, EVER avoid getting hit by either the giant decoy ball, or the fast bounding decoys. When I move to a place to avoid the bouncing decoys, the giant one lands right on Sonic's head causing damage. That and at the very start, without any knowledge, Eggman tosses a spiked ball, and then a fast-bounding decoy...AT THE VERY START...have made this absolutely impossible to do without taking numerous hits.

I mean, it's literally like watching Sonic go from 'untouchable' in the first three bosses to literally getting shat on Stalingrad-style by those decoys, especially when the fast-bounding blue ball, and the giant ball decoy are tossed in close succession. It is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid them. Not even the 'left side' of the screen could save me from the giant decoy AND a spike-ball thrown in close succession.

The final part of this boss level, with the remake of the Sonic 2 final boss, is no cakewalk by any means but far easier and more somewhere between the difficulty of the third and fourth bosses but much closer to the third, in terms of relative difficulty. Ironically, Sonic took no damage from the first three bosses, and no damage from the 5th and final boss but just got beat down, shat upon, shot by government agents, humped by angry dobermans, mauled by Russian bears, stomped on Gears of War-style, and smashed into the ground, by the fourth boss. It IS actually no more difficult to beat than the other ones but IMPOSSIBLE without taking at least three hits. I've counted at least three hits when beating this fourth boss.

I sank hours, and hours at at time, over the course of this past week, trying to get "Untouchable" but to absolutely no avail and finally came to terms that this achievement is just sheer luck based. Even the notorious "Can't Touch This" from "Sonic Generations" was a cakewalk compared to this dogshit.

I got all others though but this 11/12 and 160/200 is my final gamerscore as I've finally thrown in the towel and moved on and deleted Sonic 4, in order to make room for other games.

You were extremely lucky and I commend you and those who've managed to do it but you're likely among maybe 2 to 5 percent of those who've played this game who've unlocked this trophy. To me and the remaining 95 to 98 percent of players, it's right down there with "I Am Bad Company" from BFBC1 and "Seriously 3.0" as absolutely impossible to get.
DonTrombone7704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 AM   #66
Andrew14man

andrew14man's Gamercard
very frustrating but after I'd say around 6 hours and countless tries, I got it... after buying this game when it came out 4 years ago

Click HERE to see all my 100% Completions.
Andrew14man is offline   Reply With Quote