Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #61
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Gears of War 3: No
Battlefield 3 Premium: Yes
Metro Last Light: 50/50
Bioshock Infinite: let you know when I play them

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #62
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Now that I think of it, i've actually bought a few season passed when they went 50% off. I think the one I enjoyed most was ac3. Compared to the original game, the additions and story we're great in my opinion. It was definitely worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #63
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I've only bought 5 Season Passes from what I can remember now:

Max Payne 3 ($30 - got it for $25)
Halo 4 (came with the LE)
Borderlands 2 ($30 - got it for $10)
BioShock Infinite ($20)
Batman Arkham Origins ($20)

----

Max Payne 3's Pass was nice - despite the delays and the negativity around it. Halo 4's was nice since I love completing the Halo games and the second DLC had killer maps. Borderlands was only $10 for me since I did that whole promo for MSP when they were 1200 Points for $5.

I haven't gotten the full content for the last two, but so far, Clash in the Clouds from BioShock was surprisingly fun (I suspect Burial at Sea will be fantastic) and I think the Batman Pass will be worth it.

----

So overall, I think they are worth it depending how passionate you are about a game and how long you plan to play that game.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.

Last edited by BiggD; 11-09-2013 at 12:29 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #64
Andre16182

Andre16182's Gamercard
Yes, I do think Season Passes are worth it. The reason being is, is because Season Passes save you money, and if you like the game that has a Season Pass, then it's a win-win situation. You save money and you receive extra content all in one.

Avatar & Signature Created By ESYLD
Andre16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #65
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The only two I ever bought were a waste of money.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Defiance Season Pass.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #66
YourNemesis21

YourNemesis21's Gamercard
It depends on if I really like the game and if I feel it's a good value. To date I think I have only bought 2 season passes. I'm just not buying much, if any, dlc lately.
YourNemesis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #67
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I tend to buy season passes when they're discounted, so I think they're worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #68
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
I tend to buy season passes when they're discounted, so I think they're worth it.
This.

Depends who they're from. I will never buy a season pass from Capcom/EA but I might for Bethesda/Square Enix (if they did offer one that is).
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #69
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
AC IV pass that's on sale right now would be my third season pass purchase ever. Like others I only ever buy them on sale and for games I enjoy..or boost.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #70
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I got pretty burned by the BL2 season pass. I'd say some would be worth it, when they go on sale of course.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #71
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've only ever bought 2; Max Payne's for 5ish discounted and Saints Row 4's discounted for 4.70 today. The Max Payne one was a bargain and the Saints Row one was decent.
I don't think they would be worth it full price and I'd only ever buy any season pass once all the dlc had come out.

Monty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #72
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty111 View Post
I've only ever bought 2; Max Payne's for 5ish discounted and Saints Row 4's discounted for 4.70 today. The Max Payne one was a bargain and the Saints Row one was decent.
I don't think they would be worth it full price and I'd only ever buy any season pass once all the dlc had come out.
How much does SRIV's SP normally cost?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #73
godsandm0nsters

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
I don't think I regret buying a single season pass. I think they're great.

Retail Completions: 60 | Arcade Completions: 24
Last Completion: BioShock Infinite (1695)
Currently Playing: Halo CE Anniversary, Spec Ops The Line
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #74
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
For me, it all depends on how much I like the game. If I really like the game, I would buy a season pass, but if I like the game but don't play it that often, there's no reason for me to actually buy a season pass for it. If I hate the game, well, think that's kind of obvious.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #75
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I only buy them when they go on sale and of course for games that I haven't yet purchased any dlc for yet.

On the 360 I bought battlefield 3, borderlands 2 , gears judgment ( total waste of fucking money) and halo 4. Only bf3 was worth my it to me. Good content and for 30$ it was a good deal.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #76
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Well with the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag season pass, Ubisoft did a good job with it. Apart from all the content you're getting for the game, you also get a discount on Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD.

If more publishers did this, there'd be little reason to bitch and moan.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #77
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Unless it's for a game I really like/am going to spend a great deal of time on (Borderlands 2 comes to mind), I don't bother with Season Passes that much. In fact, the only Season Pass I ever bought was for Borderlands 2.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #78
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I've had a few season passes. Even though they're supposed to save money, it seems that they just give the developers license to push out shit content. Borderlands 2, I'm looking at you especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #79
bryan2369

bryan2369's Gamercard
I bought the season pass for Bioshock Infinite for $20, not bad in my book.
bryan2369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #80
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
I think it's hit or miss. I've bought at least 10 season passes, but only 4 of them at full price. If I really like the game and plan on playing the DLC on day 1, I'll get it. If not, I wait for a sale.

I think selling all extra content for only $10 less isn't that big of a deal. I like extra incentives like early access, not JUST new maps, or special stuff like getting 25% AC liberation when you get the AC4 pass.

I always keep in mind that one persons rip off season pass is someone elses deal of the year pass. They're made for the fans that know they'll be playing the dlc no matter what.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #81
DARTHMARC0720

DARTH MARC 0720's Gamercard
Only Season pass I've ever bought was for Bioshock Infinite. I was livid when I learned the DLC wasn't coming out for 5 months.
I could've sold the game to gamestop and gotten something else with the money spent on the season pass and gained from the sale.

Bottom line is: if there's a season pass for the game, make sure it doesn't make you wait too long for it.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #82
-Nicko-

Nicko2000's Gamercard
It's the same conundrum as to whether a game itself is worth the cost. It totally depends on how much time you intend to spend on it.

I found out yesterday I had bought the Halo 4 map pass on release for 2000 points. Turns out I totally forgot and played around 2 matches before moving on to a new game. In hindsight that wasn't the best money I've ever spent
-Nicko- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #83
LordBern

LordBern's Gamercard
I find that a lot of Season Passes border on 'not really worth it' to me. The one season pass I had that I feel was worth it was for LA Noire. I'm considering the pass for Dead Rising 3 ($30 I think) because you get 4 single player story missions and it's like getting one for free. But from what I hear, $10 per mission is kind of a rip... I'm debating on the Forza 5 pass, but $50? Wow... Just...wow. Almost a whole game's cost for what I suspect they could have easily included in the main game? I'd feel dirty buying that and you can't make water hot enough to wash away the shame.
LordBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #84
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
I echo what many others have said. Depends on the game and what ur getting out of it.

fvkasm2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #85
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
After purchasing several Season Passes and feeling cheated (not to mention being subjected to that Wolf Among Us fiasco), I only have one answer for this.

NO!!!!

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #86
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

I've bought a few Season Passes, each with varying degree of usefulness and value for your $:

Forza Motorsport 4: Was great until they released content outside of the DLC, Porsche Expansion Pack notwithstanding due to its sheer size. Either make a second Season Pass or include it all in the Season Pass, none of this middle of the road crap.

Halo 4: Came with the Limited Edition. 3 Map Packs sadly still never show up in Matchmaking (they never do), and the inclusion of another content pack (Champions Bundle) outside of the Season Pass felt like an afterthought on the part of 343i. Notice a pattern here?

BioShock Infinite: Only 3 pieces of content guaranteed, 2/3 released. CitC was a bit of a letdown due to limited replayability once all Blue Ribbons are earned. Burial at Sea Part 1 was fun but short. Hopefully Burial at Sea Part 2 really delivers and makes the whole Season Pass worth it.

Borderlands 2: Bought the Season Pass, then the content would not stop coming out. If there was a game that deserved a second or possibly even third Season Pass, it's Borderlands 2. Bought the GOTY Edition on release and it STILL didn't have all of the content. Insane for the support but ridiculous for taking the Season Pass idea as a joke.

Assassin's Creed III: A lot of content for this one, both in SP and MP. Didn't get much time with the MP pack but it's a nice addition. Each part of the King Washington DLC felt short by itself but when strung together makes for a surprisingly good narrative. Gameplay felt a but contrived at times but never stopped being fun.

Metro: Last Light: Plan on buying soon, will update once content is downloaded and played. Looks promising.

Basically if you're a huge fan and you already know you will get all of the DLC when you buy the game, then by all means go for the Pass to guarantee yourself all, or at least most of the extra content.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (6/20/2014) 91

Games 100%: 84
Latest: Ride to Hell: Retribution

Working on:
World of Tanks (480/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
LEGO Marvel (650/1000)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:42 AM   #87
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Honestly I've never seen season passes as worth it. Except for The wolf among us and season 2 walking dead. You save money buying the season passes for those two games. Atleast by 5$. I say it's worth it for those. When a new episode is released you get it immediately.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:10 AM   #88
blackemissions

Blackemissions's Gamercard
Season passes can be great. They also can be really bad. I am bought the season pass for forza horizon and loved it! By the looks of some games though the investment wouldn't show a good return over the year.
blackemissions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #89
NickP16AUS

NickP16AUS's Gamercard
I don't mind them, you save money in the long term. However I don't want to spend $20 or on a season pass when it takes all the chapters of a game 8 months to release. Especially when I could buy games that are on sale at that time.
NickP16AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #90
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Only when they're on sale and the total saves you 50% or more for all the DLC. IF not, then it's not worth it to me, since I can just wait for a deal of the week to pick up the DLC at half off.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote