PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #31
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wut?! No, what are you talking about
Your character ends up in Vancouver and you get to drive a zamboni.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #32
DarkxMaterials

DarkxMaterials's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah, game was great but so, so, so hard. I made it to the Top 8, couldn't break the Top 4. Those "SICK" challenges and achievements and some other missions here and there were over-the-top insane. Only had about 500G myself.
The first time I beat it it took a whole summer to get proficient enough to pass all the goals on SICK probably because I was used to playing the Tony Hawk games with cheats activated. After you beat it once and understand what you need to do to get SICK, it becomes way easier. The last time I went through it it took less than 15 hours to get all the achievements.

If you need any help with any of the goals just message me. Even though you need 95% SICK goals to get Number 1, I went through (at least 8 times) all the goals on SICK so I know how to beat them.
DarkxMaterials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #33
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Only for a little while, the game was too difficult to do anything once progressing to a certain point. I think I got in the top 20 and gave up at around 200G lol. Game was great though I agree.
Quote:
Yeah, game was great but so, so, so hard. I made it to the Top 8, couldn't break the Top 4. Those "SICK" challenges and achievements and some other missions here and there were over-the-top insane. Only had about 500G myself.
I didn't realize how hard that game was going to end up being I got to the Top 8 too, but after that I couldn't really get any further. I just said screw it, I'm done.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #34
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Your character ends up in Vancouver and you get to drive a zamboni.
I don't remember this! What I do remember is the one level in Hawaii or something where you do a McTwist over the helicopter on top oft he hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkxMaterials View Post
The first time I beat it it took a whole summer to get proficient enough to pass all the goals on SICK probably because I was used to playing the Tony Hawk games with cheats activated. After you beat it once and understand what you need to do to get SICK, it becomes way easier. The last time I went through it it took less than 15 hours to get all the achievements.

If you need any help with any of the goals just message me. Even though you need 95% SICK goals to get Number 1, I went through (at least 8 times) all the goals on SICK so I know how to beat them.
I appreciate the gesture, but I've long since sold the game and never plan to go back to them It's good to see that at least someone completed the game though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I didn't realize how hard that game was going to end up being I got to the Top 8 too, but after that I couldn't really get any further. I just said screw it, I'm done.
HA! Same, man. I gave up on it way too quickly. That was when I didn't care about completions. If I were to play it now, giving up wouldn't be an option

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #35
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm182 View Post
Am I the only one who couldn't stand the Skate controls?

Can only hope they go back to the THUG / THAW way .
I just said above I couldn't stand it

The way I see it, if I wanted "realism" that Skate has to offer, I'd feel more satisfied going outside and riding my real skateboard. I want a game, not a simulator.

Here's to hoping for a game similar to THUG-THAW.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #36
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:

Underground 1 rocked. The second one was garbage.

Id be happy with a underground 3 as long as it was more like the first.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #37
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Think I just had my first epiphany!

What if they made Tony Hawk Underground 3 and Need For Speed Underground 3 and neither of them sucked?

Year of the Underground 3 I say! Or maybe next year..
Old 02-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #38
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Think I just had my first epiphany!

What if they made Tony Hawk Underground 3 and Need For Speed Underground 3 and neither of them sucked?

Year of the Underground 3 I say! Or maybe next year..
Need For Speed Underground was amazing, it's one of my all time favorite racing games. I'm not really sure what they could do to bring that back though. That game kind of cashed-in on that Fast & Furious thing that was popular at the time. Is that style of a racer still relevant or worth being the focus of an entire game now with how much racing games have evolved since then? Not to mention that Need For Speed games don't differ all that much aside from their names, aside from Shift. The drag racing is the only part that really sticks out in my memory that made it different. I'd like to see Need For Speed Neon. Eighties themed racer with an eighties soundtrack, with night races in a neon soaked Miami.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #39
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Need For Speed Underground was amazing, it's one of my all time favorite racing games. I'm not really sure what they could do to bring that back though. That game kind of cashed-in on that Fast & Furious thing that was popular at the time. Is that style of a racer still relevant or worth being the focus of an entire game now with how much racing games have evolved since then? Not to mention that Need For Speed games don't differ all that much aside from their names, aside from Shift. The drag racing is the only part that really sticks out in my memory that made it different. I'd like to see Need For Speed Neon. Eighties themed racer with an eighties soundtrack, with night races in a neon soaked Miami.
Sometimes I think I'd just like to walk around in your head. Take some photos, enjoy the view, etc. What a great fucking idea!

Edit: You could catch me in a '86 Iroc Z with a very non-stock engine and stupid sunglasses!

Last edited by Dirty130; 02-23-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #40
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Sometimes I think I'd just like to walk around in your head. Take some photos, enjoy the view, etc. What a great fucking idea!

Edit: You could catch me in a '86 Iroc Z with a very non-stock engine and stupid sunglasses!
There's usually just a light bulb flickering inside of my head. While we're at the eighties theme, that would work pretty great for a Tony Hawk game as well. Have it be a little less slapsticky and go through the early days of his career, and the other skaters who came up in that era. Again, the soundtrack makes the game. Some great eighties punk rock goin' on.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #41
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
There's usually just a light bulb flickering inside of my head. While we're at the eighties theme, that would work pretty great for a Tony Hawk game as well. Have it be a little less slapsticky and go through the early days of his career, and the other skaters who came up in that era. Again, the soundtrack makes the game. Some great eighties punk rock goin' on.
Yupp. Another win idea. We can only dream.. I just can't play with the old style controls anymore. They would need a revamp no matter what.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #42
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
I HATE racing games.

And yet, NFS: Underground was utterly fantastic.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #43
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I HATE racing games.

And yet, NFS: Underground was utterly fantastic.
Play Burnout 3: Takedown. That's my all time favorite racing game, along with the Hot Pursuit series in NFS.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #44
dnick

VonXgola13's Gamercard
I Playing a lot this game on ps1....
dnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:48 AM   #45
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Never played Underground myself, but Underground 2 is the perfect game. Why they haven't carried on from there I don't know. If I had the tools and money..

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:31 AM   #46
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Never played Underground myself, but Underground 2 is the perfect game. Why they haven't carried on from there I don't know. If I had the tools and money..
... and intelligence. Don't forget that.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #47
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
HD remake wasn't too bad, but if they can touch on what EA have been doing with Skate, then I will be more interested in a new Tony Hawk game.

Hopefully, this pushes EA to do another Skate game too.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sou.../1100-6417870/
I'd love for Tony Hawk and Skate (Activision/Neversoft and EA/EA Black Box) to conjoin to make the best skateboarding game around. With all the skaters from the Tony Hawk series in the same series that executed skate mechanics perfectly, dream made game right there! Plus a story line like THUG/THAW or skate. (not 3!) would be awesome as well.

*Yes I know Neversoft doesn't develop TH anymore but they need to!

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #48
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaughter View Post
... and intelligence. Don't forget that.
Hells no, I'll hire people for that!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #49
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
So it's confirmed to be a mobile game... Why?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #50
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Quote:
Fuck mobile games. The sequel to Deus Ex was confirmed to be a mobile game, which pissed my heart off.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #51
WalterWhite

Quote:
Because it's not about bringing back the franchise, it's about cashing in on it. Tony Hawk probably needed a few bucks for a new skatepark in his yard and decided to call Activision up and cash in on the cell phone sucker crowd. It probably would have been a shitty game anyway, they weren't getting better. Fuck it.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #52
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Because it's not about bringing back the franchise, it's about cashing in on it. Tony Hawk probably needed a few bucks for a new skatepark in his yard and decided to call Activision up and cash in on the cell phone sucker crowd. It probably would have been a shitty game anyway, they weren't getting better. Fuck it.

kinda sucks its gonna be a mobile game. Never cared for those games. I've heard The Hawk man loves Angry birds so he probably gave Activision the idea of a mobile tony hawk game. There was really nothing else they could come up with that was innovative.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #53
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Typical. I got that nice feeling inside thinking about current generation Tony Hawk with Skate like controls. Now it turns out to be a mobile game! Fuck you Tony and your McTwist too!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #54
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

I think they made a mobile game because they wanted a quick buck and most likely got the idea from Tony Hawk. He said himself he's highly addicted to Angry Birds. I mean why even bother with the series anymore. For money. Expect Guitar hero mobile next. Activision will bot bring anything new to the table so I can see it playing exactly like pro skater 1. Wild guess guys. ^-^

Old 03-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #55
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
I think they made a mobile game because they wanted a quick buck and most likely got the idea from Tony Hawk. He said himself he's highly addicted to Angry Birds. I mean why even bother with the series anymore. For money. Expect Guitar hero mobile next. Activision will bot bring anything new to the table so I can see it playing exactly like pro skater 1. Wild guess guys. ^-^
I bet you CoD will turn into a mobile series. SMH.