Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #2521
MetalShadow13

MetalShadow13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Game of Thrones (EU version)

5/10

Never watched a single episode of the tv series. Game feels alot like WoW when I once tried the 2 week trial of it (years ago, lol). Never been "into" these kind of games and propably not ever, but the only reason I pick'd it up was because of achievements (thank god for the walkthrough on TA, shout out to that btw) and because I found it from a local library for free (of course free, it's a library) 2 week rental

Retail Games Completed: 27
XBLA Games Completed: 14

50k GS reached on 12/28/13

Currently achievement hunting on:
Battlefield 4
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
FIFA World Cup Germany 2006
Mafia II DLC
MetalShadow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:11 AM   #2522
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
The LEGO Movie Videogame.

Hated it at the start. Then I grew to love it. Not tied down and being forced to stick to any particular franchise, it just did what LEGO does best. Randomness!

9/10
Last Achievement : Executioner - Titanfall (Xbox One) - 20g
Last 100% Completion : Trials Fusion - Riders of the Rustland DLC (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #2523
TheDarkOne

LeGiOnOfPaIn666's Gamercard
Hitman: Absolution 9/10. Since I'm not very far in yet. Probably will change as I play more of it.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #2524
Unrehearsed

Unrehearsed's Gamercard
Mark of the Ninja 10/10 - just a shame it was on my backlog for so long...nearly the best XBLA has to offer, best stealth game I've played since...don't know...may be forever
Unrehearsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #2525
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrehearsed View Post
Mark of the Ninja 10/10 - just a shame it was on my backlog for so long...nearly the best XBLA has to offer, best stealth game I've played since...don't know...may be forever
Ugh, I don't know why this game isn't listed under one of the tiers in the 'Knife in the Dark' challenge clubs on this site. This should replace Amy or something.

Anyway, just mopped up a game Mr. WalterWhite recommended.

What I like:

- It's got a time mechanic that works and it isn't too much of a chore. There are six unique worlds in Braid, each with their own little twist on the way in which you can manipulate time. Once you master that world, you move on to the next, and they don't overstay their welcome.

- The puzzles are challenging enough, but nothing that made me want to chuck my controller across the room. I was able to overcome every puzzle without resorting to some guide. I started Braid on February 15th and slowly worked my way through each world, usually doing one a day. I did the final two today. World five gave me a bit of trouble with that shadow.

- Braid's art melts my brain more than the puzzles which caught me off guard as I heard this game featured notoriously hard mind traps. Anyway, look at this! Look at it! Overkill! Wowzers!

What I don't like:

- Tim. He's the main character. He's a very peculiar person.

- The way a majority of the story is handed to you, through wordy word exposition before each world. Made my head hurt. I'm not even sure if I understand the overall message of what's being conveyed, I finished the game thinking one thing then I scour the Internet for discussion only to see some crackpot theory I had no idea about.

Would I recommend this game?

- Without a doubt. Everyone should play this. Especially if you love other platformers like Limbo or Fez. Give Braid a go.

Final Verdict

5 out of 5 stars. No, not perfect. A five star experience. If that makes sense. I don't like assigning "numbers" to a game, like an 8.5/10 or something. Feels too restrictive to me. But if I had to rate Braid on a "numerical" scale...yeah...8.5/10 sounds solid. Close to a 9.

Back to reading up on that crackpot theory...

Old 02-21-2014, 01:35 AM   #2526
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Anyway, just mopped up a game Mr. WalterWhite recommended.

What I like:

- It's got a time mechanic that works and it isn't too much of a chore. There are six unique worlds in Braid, each with their own little twist on the way in which you can manipulate time. Once you master that world, you move on to the next, and they don't overstay their welcome.

- The puzzles are challenging enough, but nothing that made me want to chuck my controller across the room. I was able to overcome every puzzle without resorting to some guide. I started Braid on February 15th and slowly worked my way through each world, usually doing one a day. I did the final two today. World five gave me a bit of trouble with that shadow.

- Braid's art melts my brain more than the puzzles which caught me off guard as I heard this game featured notoriously hard mind traps. Anyway, look at this! Look at it! Overkill! Wowzers!

What I don't like:

- Tim. He's the main character. He's a very peculiar person.

- The way a majority of the story is handed to you, through wordy word exposition before each world. Made my head hurt. I'm not even sure if I understand the overall message of what's being conveyed, I finished the game thinking one thing then I scour the Internet for discussion only to see some crackpot theory I had no idea about.

Would I recommend this game?

- Without a doubt. Everyone should play this. Especially if you love other platformers like Limbo or Fez. Give Braid a go.

Final Verdict

5 out of 5 stars. No, not perfect. A five star experience. If that makes sense. I don't like assigning "numbers" to a game, like an 8.5/10 or something. Feels too restrictive to me. But if I had to rate Braid on a "numerical" scale...yeah...8.5/10 sounds solid. Close to a 9.

Back to reading up on that crackpot theory...

I'm glad you enjoyed Braid, I still haven't started my side of my homework that we discussed but I'm shooting for this weekend. I actually just ran through Braid myself last night (PS3), loved it just as much as I did the first time. I would love to 100% this game but the speed run just scares me away, it would only take one or two mistakes to botch the run and collecting all of the puzzle pieces in the process would be tough. Too much dedication and practice involved for me. I like the perfect score as well. That's something I've come to terms with as of late. One of the bigger gaming sites has a good explanation for a perfect score, along the lines of how you put it.

You'll find plenty of explanations for the story on the internet but if you collect all of the stars and fill in the constellation in front of your house, more books are open for you to read in the epilogue and it fleshes everything out a bit more.

Here's a link to the full text of the game. You'll inevitably come across the atomic bomb theories (Now we are all sons of bitches) and such, I'm not sure exactly what I think is going on but the final level was pure genius. I would love to hear an explanation from Blow on the game if he hasn't done one, just for the hell of it. The Witness is hands down my most anticipated game of 2014.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-21-2014 at 01:38 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #2527
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Rock of Ages

Achievement progress 120/200

Rock of Ages is a bowling game where you roll a huge boulder through increasingly long and more complicated courses to smash down the barriers of your opponents and squish them to death. Oh and did i mention that your opponents are famous people from history? Yup squishing leonardo da vinci is a blast. the overall story is.......odd there are a few movie references with one huge one about half way through.

Gameplay 3/5. The gameplay is a little weird, jumps are hard to time right, its really easy to lose control when you start picking up speed i understand its for the sake of realism but when its based on how fast you destroy a wall id would have liked more responsive controls.

Graphics 4/5, with influences of monty python the graphics are pretty good, the art-style is fun and unique and since each course is different it dosent get stale.

music 3/5 its not bad but its not very memorable.

Achievements, 4/5 easily boostable online achievement, somewhat annoying collectables and the rest coming from story its a fairly easy game for achievements.

Final verdict 3.6/5. Its not the worst game, if you want to bowl your way through history it can be fun.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #2528
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Fable Anniversary: 7/10

Bought it because I really wanted the HD version of the original game, which I loved. I'm not that far into it yet but .. I'm not fully satisfied. Sure, the graphics certainly look improved by a lot, but I was somewhat disappointed with the animations, which feel very rigid (please forgive me if it's the wrong term, I used Google Translate)
I personally also feel the menu's still don't feel that fluent, a problem I also encountered in the original game.

I still enjoy the game as much as I enjoyed the original, but I'm not quite satisfied with the HD 'upgrade'

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #2529
lil jacob69

Lil_Jacob69's Gamercard
Fable TLC
8/10
it brings back great memories when i played on the original xbox
lil jacob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #2530
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
How many times are you going to rate the same game?

Carmona gta v is epic. The thread title does say rate the last game you played . Lol. Ok change of pace.

Wolf among us episode 2. 10/10

In wolf among us you play as sheriff bigsby. The big bad wolf. In the game fairy tales meets the under belly of new York. Fairy tales wear a camouflage device called glamour that makes them look human. This game shows fairy tales in a different light. For instance beast and beauty snow white and Ariel the little mermaid. You can be a good cop bad cop or both. You must trackdown a fairy tale serial killer that hunts hooker fairy tales and fairy tale women then chops their head off. The game has nudity adult language blood and gore. It's made by tell tale games. They are genius game makers and story writers. I'm so pumped for episode 3 and walking dead season 2 episode 2.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #2531
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
Been on a spree:
-Dante's Inferno:
-Pros: Game is very God of War, meaning it's not too hard to approach, bosses feel huge and powerful, and there's some wit to the puzzles. The gameplay is fast paced enough that it lets you get in the swing of things and still have a chance against stronger enemies, but doesn't punish you if you find you need to play on an easier mode (beat it on Zealot myself). Checkpoints are very liberal too. Villains actually feel like villains and you enjoy taking them down.
-Cons: Vision of hell is disturbing for all the wrong reasons (seriously, transgenders go to hell for being 'deceivers'? And what constitutes sodomy exactly here guys? Just a little eyebrow raising). Enemies can be TOO easy to kill, especially mashing B. Few sections are too short, and without a chapter select if you miss something you probably wasted a playthrough; guides are a must for this one. Lastly, Dante himself doesn't really *fit* with the games, having almost a different personality than a lot of the rest of the cast. Some story elements resolve themselves WAY too easily (Beatrice being a big one). Cannot control camera, as right thumb stick related to dodging instead.
-Overall: 7.5/10

-Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Bunny
-Pros: Great humor in this little title, brought to us by the same folks behind indy game Pixel (also available on XBL). Ash is a solid, enjoyable character. Minigames are balanced save for a few rather annoying ones. Platforming feels smooth, and very similar in ways to Yoshi's Island. Customization options are decent, and the weapon variety while resulting in a lot of you'll-never-touch-these sorts results in players having options based on how they like to play. There's one song in this game that will be an ear worm, and the loading screen/early credits are worth a read.
-Cons: Easy for most of the game. Missions can be a ball buster if you want to 100% complete them, especially some of those timers. Customization options only cosmetic. No real replay value, as the game is done once you kill the remaining monster. Shooting AND jumping can be a pain unless you take a pause to look at your controller and strategize. Final boss needed more ooomph. Jackpot achievement is stupidly easy or stupidly hard; luck based cheevos always suck.
-Overall: 9/10
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #2532
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Grand Theft Auto V Bloody Review

So, here we are, Grand Theft Auto V, we all knew this masterpiece would come one day. Throughout this game we follow three very different men in their pursuit of money. We got Franklin Clinton, my homie gee flyboy creepin' on the hood tryin' to make some bread (money) for himself, Michael De Santa, a retired criminal who has to deal with his disfunctional family and he tries to give them a reason to be proud of him, and then there's Trevor. Trevor Philips, a crazy nut job who takes no shit from anybody (R.I.P. Johnny ), you'll find him in his underwear, wearing women's clothing, chasing someone offroad, etc. The three meet about 25% of the way through the story, and they do NOT seem like a likely pair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I Like
  1. Gunplay - The gunplay in this game is fast, intense, and engaging. You'll find yourself thrusted into a lot of gun battles that have an impressive variety in scenery, interesting context, and flawless sound design. The enemies and your character talk shit to each other in the middle of the fight, which really adds to the incentive to bring those fuckers down. There's also a nice variety in the weapons and there is a solid cover mechanic that's there for you to use. If you have a high shooting stat, you can carry much more ammo and are more accurate. Although some weapons (Assault Shotgun) are a little effective, it still manages to be challenging at times. You will still get your ass ripped off and handed to you in a FedEx package if you're careless and stay in the open.
  2. Side activities - I love the side activities in this game, and there's a great variety in them. You have off road racing, darts, tennis, strangers & freaks missions, assassinations, hunting, shooting range, triatholons, and my favorite, golf. They provide an excellent distraction from the 69 main missions that you'll be partaking in. These are all fun and have a good payoff in the end, so it's totally worth it to invest some time in.
  3. Outstanding innovation - The game is extremely innovative from GTA IV. There's now 3 main characters, for starters, and they all have their own special ability, their own money, their own weapons, their own cars, and their own themed missions. Franklin's my favorite, personally. Characters can also level up in various stats, such as shooting, racing, stamina, stealth, flying, and strength. Even though I didn't feel it was well executed, I give them credit for trying. The reason I say it's not well executed is because there's really no difference even with these skills maxed out. The most notable and noticeable effect is ammo capacity if you have a high shooting skill. You can also customize the three characters in clothing stores and barber shop, with a myriad of different clothing, pants, shoes, glasses, hats, jackets, hoodies, shorts, suits, hairstyles, beards, etc. These are all welcome changes and I hope they return in GTA VI, and I know we will be seeing one.
  4. Setting - Los Santos/Blaine Country are all beautiful, massive, and very detailed. The attention to small details really pays off and brings you into an immersive, thematic, and realistic world. However, this approach (realistic over the outrageous, like in Saint's Row) has also labeled the game as a controversy at every new installment. It's a sitting duck for people like the news at Fox News that blame it on mass murders (which I believe that if you think that, than you're a fucking idiot). That can be its own essay, but I'll leave it at how it's really nice to just stand on top of a mountain or tall skyscraper and just be fascinated with the technical achievement that's been presented to you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I dislike
  1. GTA Online ranking system - I love GTA Online, but the ranking system needs to be improved. It just takes too long to rank up and earn money, and what that does is it makes you grow bored and tiresome of mission after mission after race after race and ranking up only once or twice. They really need to double the speed of progression to fix this shit. Same goes for money, it takes too long to earn a decent sum of money, which will frustrate you more than once, especially when you're buying ammo or pimping out your ride.
  2. Story - The story ain't nothing special, but it gets the job done (see what I did there :P). It's really uninteresting and unengaging, perhaps because it's really not personal for these 3 men. Throughout the majority of the story, you are doing the dirty work for certain people/organizations. I feel if it was more personal, it would've been a really gripping and compelling story to tell. GTA V also features 3 endings. I won't spoil them, but 2 of them are really harsh buzzkills, and they leave a sour taste in your mouth. Even though you're given choices, it all feels very scripted and very linear.
Final Verdict

My final verdict for Grand Theft Auto V is a 9/10. If only the story was more personal and engaging, and the Online ranking system was improved, I could easily see myself giving this game a 10/10. This game really pushed the current consoles to its limits, which leaves us wondering as to what will happen with GTA VI. This is as triple AAA as triple AAA can get, and is worth every damn penny of it's full retail price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Something about a million psychotic ninja women who resemble snakes attacking me turns me on I guess.

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #2533
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Walking Dead : Episode One - 9/10
World of Tanks - 9.5/10
The Wolf Among Us : Episode 2 - 10/10

Xbox One: FIFA 14 & Titanfall (For Fun)

Arcade/DLC: Left 4 Dead: Crash Course & The Sacrifice DLC's & The Walking Dead Season 2

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #2534
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Carmona gta v is epic. The thread title does say rate the last game you played . Lol. Ok change of pace.
That doesn't mean rate the game every time you play it though.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #2535
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Time for another review:

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 1

Achievements progress: (100/100)

Favorite Achievement:

Still. Not. Bitten
Took care of yourself. 10

Worst Achievement

Shelter
Found a campsite. 10

Audio: Sound is always great. Birds and wildlife in the background. Walkers making...well walker sounds. Voice acting is always perfect.

Visuals: Great visuals. The style is like a comic book brought to life. It works for this game.

Playabilty: Simple to master cause it's a point and click game. They sprinkle QTE to keep you on your toes. My love for this series burns bright so I can replay these over and over.

Delivery: Perfection. It's easy to get caught up in the story cause it's delivered so well. You find yourself getting attached to certain characters, which makes it hard when something happens to them.

Achievements: Even though they're simple, it works for this game. It forces the gamer to just play the game and focus on the story.

Score: 10/10 - TellTale can't do anything wrong in my eyes and they deliver again.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #2536
Unrehearsed

Unrehearsed's Gamercard
I'm getting a lot at the moment, and I've finally time to empty my backlog.
I've played Bastion and finished it with all achievments it was pretty good, I'd give it 9/10. A very fun but yet deep and sometimes sad game, with an amazing, really amazing score. The story telling is just so much diffrent and incredible hooking, with an addictive and entertaining gameplay, paired with a wide range of weapons, booze and so on, it was a sheer pleasure and I'm glad I bought it on the sale.
Unrehearsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #2537
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Ok time to ruffle the feathers of Deadrising 2:Off the record

Main plot. Play as Frank west the lovable main character from the first Deadrising game in a parallel universe that matches Deadrising 2 almost to a fault.

Graphics. This game runs on the Deadrising 2 engine so no complaints from me.

Sound. The sounds of zombies and survivors are back. They still sound good.

Gameplay. Instead of Chuck Greene you will play as Frank west. Frank has become a one hit wonder from bringing the events of Willamette to the public's eye. He was a star at first but after zombies started becoming more common Frank was left in the dust having to find a way to get zombrex for his bite he tries his luck in fortune city. That's when all hell breaks loose.

The Gameplay is the same as Deadrising 2 to a fault. I was still fighting the same bosses dealing with the same characters. Saving the same survivors. The only difference here is more improved combo weapons and a new end boss that's too easy to kill. The final boss I called way earlier who it was gonna be. There is one dumb mission were you have to earn a million dollars to advance. What a buzz kill.

The story is a what if story so all of it is cannon anyway.

I wanted to love Sandbox mode but the challenges were dumb and I lost interest in it.

Final verdict 6/10 under average. I enjoyed the camera all over again. The uranus theme park was a huge disappointment. Had the game taken place at a new location with new characters I would have loved playing as frank all over again.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #2538
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
Tomb Raider

8/10

Big fan of this game and I actually thought I'd dislike it. Knew nothing about it going in and picked it up on a whim. I think the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. Even the multiplayer is fun (when you can get a game of more than 2 people started). Not sure why the multiplayer lobbies are dead... the game isn't bad by any means.

fvkasm2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #2539
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvkasm2x View Post
Tomb Raider

8/10

Big fan of this game and I actually thought I'd dislike it. Knew nothing about it going in and picked it up on a whim. I think the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. Even the multiplayer is fun (when you can get a game of more than 2 people started). Not sure why the multiplayer lobbies are dead... the game isn't bad by any means.
You might be the only person in the world like likes Tomb Raider's Multiplayer

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #2540
DAnDaRk11

DAnDaRk11's Gamercard
The last game I played was Mafia II and I would rate it 6/10.
DAnDaRk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #2541
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
Battlefield 4 was the last game that I bought on Xbox One (this was a in December). Waste of money, trade in prices are only around £20 :/

I'd rate it 3/10 for a dull online and single player experience.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #2542
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

So i'm not 100% finished with the game yet, i still have 1 achievement left which is just to complete the game on the hard difficulty and i expect to have it within the next few days or maybe around 3-5 more hours game-play.

So let's get to it. The game is brilliant and i would say it is now one of my all time favourite RPG's(I've not played that many, but still) and i can't put the game down. Even on the hard difficulty, i'm not in the least bit apprehensive or hesitant to play it which for me is rare. If i'm playing on a hard difficulty, i'm usually very sheepish and struggle because of that, but this game, although not really all that hard i just jumped straight in when i started the hard run-through and am enjoying every second of it.

I'll try to break some stuff down, starting with the few 'cons' i can think of

Cons;
-The camera! My god that camera can be extremely irritating. I hate when you can't be arsed fighting and are just traversing the world and a little shit like a 'Boggart' engages you in combat and you just run past but the camera doesn't follow you and starts zooming out backwards. Or when you're in a close confined area engaged in a fight and you can't control the camera fully and zoom it out a bit and something attacks you from off the screen where you can't see.
-The unique weapons and armour are completely pointless! They look cool as shit and i really wanted to use them and have a need to acquire them but with the crafting system(which i like, see below) there is no use to ever have any. A big part of RPG's for me are the unique weapons and armour that are usually quest rewards. This aspect was all but lost to me with all the 'cool' loot being weaker than some cheap parts i could scavenge in the world.
-Lack of things to invest in when leveling. By this i mean the first screen that you see when you level up with the things like 'Blacksmithing', 'Alchemy', 'Sagecrafting', 'Sneaking', etc. I really only cared about Blacksmithing for creating weapons and armour and everything else i invested in were just really for help towards achievements. There could have been more stuff to invest in, but i suppose the better aspects of the leveling system are in the second screen of leveling up in the 'Might', 'Finesse' and 'Sorcery' areas.

Pros;
-The combat. I found the combat very fun and never got bored with just mashing 1 button. Although you can technically just use or for primary and secondary weapons and just button mash your way through, you can use different skills/attacks/abilities and varying how you press you can vary how you attack.
-Crafting/Sagecrafting. This is one of my favourite aspects of the game. I find myself constantly looking for minor improvements to my stuff and salvaging most of the weapons and armour i find for parts over selling it. I've spent countless hours at both the blacksmith forge and the sagecrafting alter creating cool stuff and breaking my stuff down and recreating it with different or better parts.
-Destiny/orientation. I like how you can switch to a different orientation whenever the mood takes you. Like you can spend the majority of the game cutting everything in half with a big-ass sword then go to a fateweaver, re-distribute your skill points and become a mage or a sneaky assassin. Although i usually always play as a warrior in RPG's, it's good to 'dabble' every now and then.
-Content. There was so much to do in the game. It's huge and the amount of side quests and faction quests is massive. It keeps you entertained for ages, especially following the factions. The story itself is pretty size-able. As i play through my Hard difficulty playthrough i'm 10 hours in and have just got to the second island. I've done a few bits here and there, but the majority of that 10 hours is just the main story.
-Lore. I like the lore of the game. It's a very interesting world and it would have been interesting to see what they could have made of another game in the series had the studio not gone bust. But if this is to be the only one ever made, that itself gives the game world more mystery, in a way.

So overall Kingdoms of Amalur has turned out to be one hell of a game and i'm glad to have finally forced myself to play it. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I would give it a solid 9/10. It's not perfect but it's damn close.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:10 AM   #2543
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Deadrising case zero.

Plot-Play as the series newest main character Chuck Greene a retired pro mottocross racer in a small town with deep pockets...oh did I forget it has zombies too. Silly me.

Graphics-the game has beautiful graphics thanks to the brilliant minds from Blue castle games. Fans of the first Deadrising game will notice this immediately.

Sounds. Again excellent score.

Gameplay. The anything and everything is a weapon motto that was introduced in the first game is back and bigger then ever. Now combo weapons are introduced. Combine two small weapons to make a devastating weapon. Case files are back along with the traditional Deadrising Gameplay and a more improved ai that makes survivor fetching fun. In the first it was a headache.

Synopsis. As Chuck Greene you stop at a local gas station to get gas for his truck. Chuck and his daughter narrowly escaped death from an outbreak in his hometown. Chucks wife was eaten and his seven year old daughter was bitten. He is on his way to fortune city for money to buy his daughter zombrex to keep her from turning. His truck is then stolen while he is in the store. He has one day before the military destroy the small town that is overrun. Chuck must build a bike so him and his daughter escape certain death.

Final verdict 10/10. Despite being short it is memorable and only five dollars. It does a great job introducing the characters and is a great pre quel to the amazing Deadrising 2.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 02-24-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #2544
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvkasm2x View Post
Tomb Raider
ven the multiplayer is fun (when you can get a game of more than 2 people started). Not sure why the multiplayer lobbies are dead... the game isn't bad by any means.
While I agree with you that Tomb Raider was a very good game, it's not made for multiplayer. I found the gameplay to be too sluggish for a decent MP (and yes, I'm used to fast-paced FPS multiplayer)

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #2545
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
I finally finish Deadlight last night after starting it over 2 years ago. I played about half of it in November of 2011 and then started with other games, I maybe went back for half an hour between now and then.

I really liked this game but I think I'll give it a 6.5/10 for a few reasons. It is incredibly short, even after replaying about six levels to get missed collectibles my play time was under four hours. There were also a few minor glitches that would cause me to die or have to reload, such as my guy would go to climb a ledge and immediately drop down and would do this three or four times before staying at the top of the ledge.

I liked the story, music, and visuals. The achievements being named as song titles was interesting.

If this game was maybe an hour or two longer and I ran into fewer bugs I would easily give it up to a 9/10. Even with what I don't like about it I wouldn't say it's a waste of money; I'd still recommend it to a friend.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 AM   #2546
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Prototype 2 Bloody Review

Premise

You are James Heller, a man who sets out for revenge on Alex Mercer after he turns him into a monster. That's pretty much it tbh.
What I Like
  1. Action - That's it. The action and gameplay is fast, simple, and satisfying. Throughout the story, you'll unlock different, varied, and brutal powers. You'll be acquiring Tendrils, which holds enemies in their place and rips them in half, stone fists, which pummels enemies to a pulp, blade, which slices and dices people in a ton of pieces, and claws. It's probably the best Wolverine game never made (even thought the movie licensed one was actually pretty solid). Even though blade and stone fists will cover all of your needs when upgraded, it's still fun to rip innocents in half with your tendrils for no reason. It manages to be challenging at times, without being extremely brutal like the first Prototype. As a bonus, it looks fucking awesome. There's also a good variety in the enemies, and some make a welcome return from the first Prototype, such as the super soldiers.
  2. Stealth - There's a fair amount of stealth sections throughout the game are actually pretty unique and well done. I won't spoil it, but it makes a satisfying use of your consume ability.
What I Don't Like
  1. Characters - All of the characters in the game are either paper thin or complete assholes. Heller, the main protagonist, is so unlikable he's downright annoying as hell. He treats everyone with so little respect and honor, you almost are rooting against him. The other characters are paper thin and do complete 180s for some horribly written plot twists. Ugh. And another thing, why the fuck is Mercer the bad guy?
  2. Story - The story is boring, cliché, predictable, and simplistic. You'll see things coming from a mile away, and the twists are so horribly written that it makes Night of the Living Dead's ending (worst movie ending I've ever seen) seem like a work of Shakespeare. It's overly simplistic and lacks cleverness and memorability. Fuck this story.
Final Verdict

My final verdict for [PROTOTYPE] 2 is a 7/10. I'd issue it a 9/10 if the story was more complex and unpredictable, and the characters had more backstory and depth to them. It's one of those cases where I can think of ore cons than pros, but I still think its a good game. Can I recommend it to you? If you were a fan of the first Prototype and/or you like fast paced hack 'n' slash gameplay, yes. But if not, then look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Something about a million psychotic ninja women who resemble snakes attacking me turns me on I guess.

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:31 AM   #2547
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - Xbox360 - 8/10

So I've spent the last hour playing Garden Ops by myself and it's clearly got a lot of potential. I say that simply because playing by yourself isn't very hectic unless you bump up the difficulty. I manage to clear 10 or was it 11 waves to complete a level on easy during my first attempt. It says that the more players there are, the more enemies you'll face, so that also explains why it was too challenging.

After bumping the difficulty up to normal and not have any seeds to plant, stupidly, I tried again. Come wave 3 I was wrekt (I like this word, Tom) by some projectile firing undead biatch.. Back in the menus I bought some new seed cards, wanting to go back to what I just failed and then decided to check the in-game manual. While reading, I was signed out of EA servers and currently can't get back in. No surprise and I won't hold it against the game.

The in game manual while nothing to write home about. It certainly makes up for a rather empty game case. If more games had in-game manuals like this I'd be happy.

Come the end of the week, I may change my rating by 1 point either way, but I doubt it. Looking forward to picking up the One version later today or hopefully tomorrow at the latest, because that's the version I really want to play.

Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #2548
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Bioshock.

I think pretty much everyone is aware of this game by now.

Story wise, I love it. Great characters, interesting idea for an underwater city, 1950-60's theme. But best of all, Plasmids. I love how the anarchic fall of Rapture, turned people into ADAM addicts.

The scenery, visuals, hell, its beautiful. Every turn provides you with eye porn. Considering its age now, the game is still amazing throughout.

Characters. Andrew Ryan, Little Sisters, Atlas, Splicers, all are just fantastically written. Maniacal rantings of splicers always gives me a buzz ready for a fight. The haunting voices of Little Sisters calling out to Mr Bubbles, always makes me feel that chill run down my spine. The deep moaning and heavy footsteps of Big Daddy are perfect.

Achievements. A lot of research based activity needed, but it does have benefits for new plasmids etc. There are a lot of collectables, but a good guide is gonna help with that. The rest are related to story based actions, and there is a potentially missable one depending on your choice.

Overall, this game is still amazing today. Worth a 9.5/10.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #2549
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Left 4 Dead.

Plot. Play as one of four immune survivors in a zombie apocalypse. There is no antidote so you are gonna have to cure the zombies one bullet at a time.

Graphics. The game runs on a unique engine called Source. It is low budget but gets the job done.

Sounds. You will want to turn the tv up while playing this game. Not only at random times will a survivor crack a funny joke or two when a unique zombie is nearby you will be aware as to which one and how far they are from you.

Gameplay. You will notice there is no aiming. You must aim the crosshair of a gun on a zombie and shoot that way. You get used to it don't worry. The game features four campaigns each about 40 minutes to an hour long. The key of the game is survival. Get from point a to point b. Sounds easy right. Wrong. While the infected go down easy they are a huge threat in large numbers. There are unique zombies also. People that went under such physical change from the disease that they physically changed into monsters.

There is the smoker a zombie that has a snake like tounge it uses to grab and drag survivors it then likes to constrict them to death. Upon its demise it explodes into a fog of smoke. Hence it's name. The witch is a young girl with freakish long nails. It is solitary and wants to be left alone if you disturb her get ready for the embodiment of hell. The hunter is a zombie that acts like a panther jumping from a tree on its victim. It is fast and deadly. The boomer is a fat zombie filled with bile when killed it explodes. Any survivor caught nearby will attract all nearby zombies. Also the boomer can throw up on survivors. The tank is like a gorilla. It is dumb but fast and strong. It can pick up concrete and cars and throw them at survivors it also can use its giant fists in close quarters. It can take a lot of damage.

Synopsis. There is no story in left 4 dead. This makes sense in a real outbreak the average person won't care about what caused it. They are just trying to survive. Play and survive get to the rescue vehicle and escape. Play as either Bill the Vietnam vet. Francis the biker. Zoey the hippie college chick. Or Luis the business man. This game was made for co op so don't get this game if you don't have xbox live. This game is boring when playing it alone. The game rewards hard work it is easy to learn hard to master. Because of the Source engine zombie spawn points are different everytime. The game is all about team work. No matter how good someone is its a team oriented game. I did not like the vss multiplayer of this game. Human controlled survivors vs human controlled infected. It felt out of place. I only liked the co op of this game.

Final verdict 10/10. I have put over 500 hours in this game got the last achievement on 12/25/12 and still play it. Stay away from the dlc. Those were awful. Hope you guys read all this. This was not easy lol.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 02-26-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #2550
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Motherfu...ugh. I lost my Minecraft review because Chrome is being BULLSHIT right now. So, whatever...SCREW IT! I'll make it nice and simple.

Minecraft - 9/10

It's great for all the creative crap you can do, combat sucks and I'd much rather play on Peaceful setting because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
R.I.P. Random Thought of the Day...Thread - Take 1.
5/13/2013 - 8/15/2014 - 15,243 Posts of Awesome.
Never forget.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote