PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #31
mcnichoj
 
mcnichoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,285

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
Finally they send it out. lol So does the beta offer achievements like some have in the past?
Some? I can think of none.

Gotham City Imposters didn't.
1 vs 100 didn't.
Gears Judgment let progress carry over for levels but didn't award anything during beta
Crysis MP didn't.
Several others I can come up with but none offered achievements during beta.

World of Tanks was in private alpha when the achievements went live IIRC.
__________________
Made the beat retarded so I'm callin it a slowjam.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #32
JeremyVersion1
 
JeremyVersion1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Delfino Island
Posts: 1,969

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've spent a little time with the game, and I won't complain about it being too slow or clunky, as this is the beta, so yeah things can (and probably will) change.

My complaint(s) is the way the game is set up. Forever and ever, I'll argue with anyone that Call of Duty has the most user friendly interface when finding a match or setting up your classes, and for whatever reason, every single FPS can't manage to come close to matching COD's interface. It should be easy to jump into a match, not asking you if you wanna quick start, find a match, join a certain set of players, then find a match. It's too much, you should pick you want a match, what mode (FFA, TDM) and that's it, you just go and find a match. Simple, easy.

Another complaint is having areas that you can't reach without a team mate to help you. I've had a number of matches in Hanger where people are up high, and there's no way to get on their level to match them without help, and no matter how many times I ask people for help, no one will help me. This shouldn't ever happen, and it needs to be removed or fixed before the game launches.

Finally, when you start shooting people, and things get heavy, it's easy to not see the points pop up when you kill someone. The screen needs to be clear and the writing concise so I know the person is dead and I can move onto the next person.

Of course, the gameplay needs to be speed up, and smoothed out, then again that's why this is a beta and not the full game. I'll reserve my full judgement for when the game actually launches. At it stands now, this will be an easy time waster for those that don't have COD, Battlefield or Titanfall and those that are just bored with the three.
__________________



JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #33
Oceans4Ransom
 
Oceans4Ransom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 151
Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
I tried to play earlier this morning but have come across an issue with setting up my account. I accepted all terms and such but still it says that it failed to create an account... any ideas??

At this point I cannot do anything else but try to create the account for the beta and nothing else works.
__________________


Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Batman Arkham Asylum
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #34
shooterking69
 
shooterking69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 443

mastershoter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans4Ransom View Post
I tried to play earlier this morning but have come across an issue with setting up my account. I accepted all terms and such but still it says that it failed to create an account... any ideas??

At this point I cannot do anything else but try to create the account for the beta and nothing else works.
I had the same problems yesterday and today. After looking at their support forum, it looks like its server issue. Only thing we can do now is just wait :/
__________________

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #35
Oceans4Ransom
 
Oceans4Ransom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 151
Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterking69 View Post
I had the same problems yesterday and today. After looking at their support forum, it looks like its server issue. Only thing we can do now is just wait :/
Thanks. I just found the forum site for Warface which is HERE:
https://gface.com/warface?type=discussions

This seemed to provide a more direct way to communicate with beta users.

I will post up whenever I see that the servers are fixed up. I can't imagine them to be broken all weekend. As of today, the account creation has not worked all day so we will see later.
__________________


Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Batman Arkham Asylum
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #36
yamayamayaamaa
 
yamayamayaamaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SO CAL (BY THE BEACH)
Posts: 1,995
Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Some? I can think of none.

Gotham City Imposters didn't.
1 vs 100 didn't.
Gears Judgment let progress carry over for levels but didn't award anything during beta
Crysis MP didn't.
Several others I can come up with but none offered achievements during beta.

World of Tanks was in private alpha when the achievements went live IIRC.
Betas for retail games can't offer achievements so those are bad examples.

But XBLA games like Ascend and WSOP did.
__________________
«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»


yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:38 AM   #37
Oceans4Ransom
 
Oceans4Ransom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 151
Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans4Ransom View Post
Thanks. I just found the forum site for Warface which is HERE:
https://gface.com/warface?type=discussions

This seemed to provide a more direct way to communicate with beta users.

I will post up whenever I see that the servers are fixed up. I can't imagine them to be broken all weekend. As of today, the account creation has not worked all day so we will see later.

According to the forum site as of 830pm EST on Saturday 3-15-14, the beta is now active and all servers seem to work properly. I have yet to confirm this, but just try it and it should be fine. I cannot wait to jump into the Double Rewards weekend they have going on.

Have fun everyone.
__________________


Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Batman Arkham Asylum
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.