PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Guides, Awards and Submissions > Site Awards Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #481
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
EDIT: Because Soul calibur IV and V are in KillerBEA's and Tigersrules staff club, we can take them out and add other fighting games, maybe something like Dead or alive 5 Ultimate, Arcana heart 3, street fighter 4 etc.

I believe apart from the soul calibur IV and V. There are no other fighting games in ANY staff club, or any feanchise club OR Overachiever/arcade crazy achievement (correct me if I'm wrong, none come to mind)
Don't go out of your way to avoid games that are in staff clubs or overachiever list. I think it's crossover is perfectly fine.

Also, unless you intend on adding to bronze you'll want DoA5 not DoA5U because the latter is a really easy completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Tier 1:

Tekken 6
Sonic the fighters
Virtua fighter II
Dragon ball Z HD Collection
Blazblue Calamity Trigger

Tier 2:

Ultimate Marvel vs capcom 3
Soul calibur V
Blazblue Continuum shift
Soul calibur IV
Street fighter x Tekken

Tier 3:

Super street fighter 4 arcade edition
King of fighters XIII
Dead or Alive 4
Dragon Ball z Burst Limit
Mortal Kombat vs DCU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Aww, no MK9 or Injustice?

Noob.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Bronze

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Shift

Silver

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Need for Speed: Rivals

Gold

Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: Rivals (Xbox One)
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleased
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Windows Phone)
Need for Speed: Undercover (Windows Phone)
I know we do this with staff clubs and OA/AC but I'm not sure of the story with these clubs... but aren't we aiming to avoid uncompletable games? Seems like a list of EA only games would be a bad idea...
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #482
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I know we do this with staff clubs and OA/AC but I'm not sure of the story with these clubs... but aren't we aiming to avoid uncompletable games? Seems like a list of EA only games would be a bad idea...
I guess you're right, but I was trying to focus on a single franchise and there is no other racing series out that has several games on the 360. To be fair, there are plenty staff clubs out there with EA games too.

..And this is more of a general question to anyone, but what happens if a game in a staff club or franchise club becomes uncompletable anyway?

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #483
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   1,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Emerald   Submit - Emerald   Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
What about a WRPG Club?
I'd be okay with this one too. Actually I would like both a WRPG and a JRPG one. I personally like JRPGs more so I would like that one first though.

Quote:
..And this is more of a general question to anyone, but what happens if a game in a staff club or franchise club becomes uncompletable anyway?
Don't they replace them with one that can be completed? I feel like this has happened once, though I can't truly remember.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #484
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit9500 View Post
Don't they replace them with one that can be completed? I feel like this has happened once, though I can't truly remember.
That makes sense, in which case that's not really an option with franchise clubs like my NFS example as they wouldn't always have a game out/available when required.

Stuff that idea.

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming
Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #485
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'd be okay with this one too. Actually I would like both a WRPG and a JRPG one. I personally like JRPGs more so I would like that one first though.
Yeah, I myself can't think of any good ones for a WRPG club, but if someone could come up with one, I'd love to see it and perhaps go for it if it became "offish."

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #486
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Personally, I don't see a problem with filling the forum with clubs. People love them, its something to aim for, and virtually every suggestion I've seen here has been brilliant (especially the RPG one I'd never earn).

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but while I'm replying here, can we not have a forum award to go with the 100k maximum clubs? I know my gamercard is always outdated and lagging behind, and with no X1 tracking the forum signatures are now useless. It'd just be a nice way of showing off our GS.

Oh, and Jake - you can't have a fighting list without MK9 or Injustice. I'd also throw Killer Instinct in there as well, if we are allowed to cross to X1. Those three games are bigger than some on that list. And definately harder
Last 100% Completion : Costume Quest 2 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 01-17-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #487
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   1,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Emerald   Submit - Emerald   Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Yeah, I myself can't think of any good ones for a WRPG club, but if someone could come up with one, I'd love to see it and perhaps go for it if it became "offish."
I can think of some ones that would work for Tier 1 and a few that would be okay for Tier 2. But I have nothing for Tier 3, maybe I'll go through the RPG list some time and try to organize a list.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 AM   #488
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
All:

Let's try and refrain from any more challenge/franchise club suggestions in this thread. All have been heard and noted. Like we have said, we will be doing one new club a month. It will be posted in the middle of every month so look for it around the 15th. We have an overwhelming amount of suggestions at this point between posts, conversations and PM's that we could probably have enough clubs to get us through three full years of updates. EVERYONE is going to have different likes, dislikes and opinions. We'll open suggestions up at some point again in the future in a dedicated thread in the max club board. Thanks for your cooperation!

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:26 AM   #489
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
All:

Let's try and refrain from any more challenge/franchise club suggestions in this thread.
Yes, sir, Mr. Yes Sir, yes, sir!

Old 01-17-2014, 01:31 AM   #490
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

bplayak is right, let's calm the hell down and have some cold drinks before the next club is announced.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #491
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
bplayak is right, let's calm the hell down and have some cold drinks before the next club is announced.
I'll have a nice tall glass of cold water. No ice, please.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #492
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien
Just pointing out its past the fifteenth of this month

Old 01-17-2014, 01:41 AM   #493
exit9500

exit9500's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
They put out a kinect one this month.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #494
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=565613

Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 02:55 AM   #495
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
It's only a matter of time before we see a Cod club but the name SSDD is perfect for it.
I knew the SSDD was a good title for that club. Its typical CoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
All:

Let's try and refrain from any more challenge/franchise club suggestions in this thread. All have been heard and noted. Like we have said, we will be doing one new club a month. It will be posted in the middle of every month so look for it around the 15th. We have an overwhelming amount of suggestions at this point between posts, conversations and PM's that we could probably have enough clubs to get us through three full years of updates. EVERYONE is going to have different likes, dislikes and opinions. We'll open suggestions up at some point again in the future in a dedicated thread in the max club board. Thanks for your cooperation!
I can imagine how overwhelming that can be. We just got a little excited, and shared some interesting ones and got a little creative with it.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #496
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
What about a WRPG Club?

Didn't think too much of placement - just kinda threw games in there for ideas! Looks like it wasn't well received

Aww, no MK9 or Injustice?

Noob.
I believe MKVSDCU incorporates both the Mortal Kombat characters and Superhero characters nicely. Either way, both of them games aren't worth for tier 3.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #497
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Obviously that was err, lag. Wasn't there before LMAO!

Feel a bit stupid now.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #498
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah, and that stupid 10 Frame Bowling game is in Tier 1. The game isn't all that hard, but even though I do overarm throws it hardly ever registers. It's the only game holding me back.

EDIT: Just noticed this: Is this the only award where the image and icon are different?

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 01-17-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Skorpion XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #499
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
Yeah, and that stupid 10 Frame Bowling game is in Tier 1. The game isn't all that hard, but even though I do overarm throws it hardly ever registers. It's the only game holding me back.

EDIT: Just noticed this: Is this the only award where the image and icon are different?
The staff award images have the teams' names on them while the icons just have the initials/abbreviation.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #500
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
The staff award images have the teams' names on them while the icons just have the initials/abbreviation.
Ahh. I didn't notice that either but it makes sense. Why is the new challenge award different?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #501
Capcom Juri Han
Subscribing Member

Omega Hibana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I am not sure if this has been suggested/requested before. If it has, I apologize.

But there should really be an award for guides having to do with walk through and collectibles. The sister site of ps 3 has one. I believe it's called the "Guide Supplement(s)" award.

I am not going to make this into a rather rant speech demanding walk through guides to be acknowledge. But I seen the guide awards here. And some I am questioning with a big "?" For example an award for mobile games guides or so? I thought this was focused on the xbox 360 games and most recent xbox one. Makes me wonder why is there a award for mobile/portable games guides or so. Which really is not part of the xbox 360 other than maybe being a Microsoft phone/device or game developed.

Anyway here is why I think there should be a award for walk through guides made/created by users/players. Even if to get certain achievements only and not the entire ones.

Sometimes a guide about collectible things in a game towards an achievement. Or in my case, very hard achievements walk through. It can't be covered simply in a Roadmap and Achievement guide. Often these guides to attain these achievements require more coverage and bigger detail/information. And like the sister site states regarding walkthrough and collectible guides, "These types of guides are generally not part of a trophy/achievement guide, but since they involve as much - if not more - work than a trophy guide, we like to recognize people for that."

While I am very grateful for the A+ award I got by Creech for my walk through guide. I am a little upset there is no award for walk through guides here like the sister site. Again I am not here to lecture this website. But if you want to compete with the best for achievement guides/walk through, you will need to sort of encourage users/players here a little more, to create more different type of guides. Hell I wish you guys would be so awesome that you would eventually start putting terrible sites like gamefaqs out of business. Because their community is so terrible and moderators/admins are a joke that leave trolling and trolls to roam free.

On topic again: My point is I think you would encourage more user/players here to make more guides besides the usual Roadmap and Achievement ones. Especially walk through ones/types. If you finally created a site award for achievement/certain achievement walk through guides created/made to show more acknowledge. And grateful thanks to user/players here willing to create walk through or collectible guides. I mean just look at how long my walk through guide is that I created/made:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=555958

You can tell I worked on it for months/weeks/days/hours. I can say massive dedication and lots of notes and drafts were made. Massive time sacrifice I had to give up to create/work on my guide. But regardless, I am very proud and happy to have created/finish it without regrets. To help players here with getting one of the hardest achievements in fighting games, by sharring the way I do it/acquire the achievement/trophy. And well, due to my guide project and how time consuming/long it turned out. I can't help but feel I deserve also a nice walk through guide award or so of some type. For taking the time to do one for you guys on here.

Anyway thanks for hearing my rant/minor complain and suggestion I guess.

Last edited by Capcom Juri Han; 03-03-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Capcom Juri Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #502
Corrupt.
Full of marrowbone jelly

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri Han 7 View Post
/snip
Our A+ Thread award is handed out for various reasons, including the reason why yours was given. If you look at some of the previous awards given, they include guides and walkthroughs. The A+ Thread award is one of the rarest awards on the site, as it is only given to exceptional threads, such as the one you created.

I don't feel it would necessary to create a new award for these, as the A+ does its job in this case.

I do not speak for all of the staff of course, but I apologise if you don't feel that this award is apt recognition for your thread, but will point out it is one of the best, if not the best thread of its type on the whole of the forums. I hope this does not put you off writing any more!

Currently Working on: Voodoo Dice (360), Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP)
How to write a Guide/Roadmap | One Games with No Guide | 360/WP/W8/GFWL Games with No Guide
Greenbook | Greenbook Contents List

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #503
StayonTarget
Smashing!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
So essential you want a Gamefaqs paralleled walkthrough system for the guides as opposed to just explanations for each individual achievement?

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #504
Corrupt.
Full of marrowbone jelly

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Quote:
So essential you want a Gamefaqs paralleled walkthrough system for the guides as opposed to just explanations for each individual achievement?
I think what Juri Han 7 is saying is that sometimes there are threads that aren't necessarily achievement guides or roadmaps, but possibly have a greater amount of information, or are even more useful.

Currently Working on: Voodoo Dice (360), Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP)
How to write a Guide/Roadmap | One Games with No Guide | 360/WP/W8/GFWL Games with No Guide
Greenbook | Greenbook Contents List

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #505
Capcom Juri Han
Subscribing Member

Omega Hibana's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
Our A+ Thread award is handed out for various reasons, including the reason why yours was given. If you look at some of the previous awards given, they include guides and walkthroughs. The A+ Thread award is one of the rarest awards on the site, as it is only given to exceptional threads, such as the one you created.

I don't feel it would necessary to create a new award for these, as the A+ does its job in this case.

I do not speak for all of the staff of course, but I apologise if you don't feel that this award is apt recognition for your thread, but will point out it is one of the best, if not the best thread of its type on the whole of the forums. I hope this does not put you off writing any more!
Haha... no, not at all ! You are too nice to explain the award and your thoughts. And now I feel a bit more special if this award is very rare. And also your wonderful, awesome thoughts about my thread/guide. I will not retire from writing more guides on here. In fact I'll be ready most likely to write another guide of "survival" or so when/if Dead or Alive 6 ever comes out. Or yet another version of Dead or Alive 5 besides Ultimate. If the achievements are again challenging/difficult to get/acquire related to that mode again.

Just have another award ready for me when it's done. It may be even longer then the guide I just finished. (Just joking if no more awards will be created/given, even for those A+ ones)

Quote:
Well I pretty much said and I suppose desire/wish for what Corrupt said to you. Roadmaps and achievements guides are nice. But sometimes there is not enough room to explain everything you may want to the players seeking the achievements in the Roadmap and achievement guide. You may not be able to share extra/all additional hints/tips or more detail about them.

I mean sure you could do a video to remedy this. But sometimes a 30 minute or 60 minute game play/footage video won't be even enough to cover every possible tip/hint and suggestion you may want to possible share to the players to acquire the achievement. Do you understand? In my situation I can't/couldn't explain everything I wanted to, to other players. To have a good shot at getting one of the hardest achievements in the Dead or Alive 5 game. Simply by making videos. I had to do more writing/typing, than videos. To share every possible tip/knowledge I could come up with and sum up in words of what players should do/learn to do. To hopefully have the tools/skills to pass a very difficult mode which my guide covers/covered. Though I did took the time to do a few videos to help better understand what my guide was trying to teach/explain. So the readers could get a better understanding of certain guide parts. Of course this could not be possible in a roadmap and achievement guide section. In the "survival" achievement section of Dead or Alive 5. There is just so much to explain and teach to casual/new players for DOA 5's survival mode. That it simply would not be able to fit in the roadmap and guide sections. Is it clear now what I was trying to say?

Anyway once again. I am very grateful for the super rare A+ award. Regardless.

Last edited by Capcom Juri Han; 03-04-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #506
BiggD
Herald of Andraste

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
I think what Juri Han 7 is saying is that sometimes there are threads that aren't necessarily achievement guides or roadmaps, but possibly have a greater amount of information, or are even more useful.
And so there are, and they do get recognized, either by award, praise by the community, or multiple posts within said thread.

I am of the mind set that you share to Juri. The way it is now works perfectly, and I also (but then again, who the hell am I to even say this) think that while in-depth guides are great, handing out more awards isn't necessary.

Last edited by BiggD; 03-04-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #507
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

I do think more guides are deserving of the a+ thread award! some take hours to compile.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #508
kaleido42
CET & MCD

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

Kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
I do think more guides are deserving of the a+ thread award! some take hours to compile.
Most good ones should take into the hours to complete though, with a handful of exceptions where the length of the game doesn't require it. Just my opinion, but I'd consider that more of the standard than something exceptional. It's not too often that guides will earn the award, but then they do they are truly exceptional, going above and beyond what they typical guide writer would do, likely taking several days, possibly weeks to complete. Look at a couple examples of what's won the award

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=555958
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=406457

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that some of the unawarded guides don't deserve some praise, but Creech obviously has to be quite careful in handing out the award so that he doesn't devalue the award, and devalue some of the examples of work that have earned it.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Message Me: XBL|XBA|PST
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #509
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Han, there has been work on collectible guides being published and having their own rewards. It's been on the backburner but hopefully we are close to getting it launched. If you notice I have the award Collectible Guide Team. This was the start of it. It has been well over a year but it was supposed to be next
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #510
Capcom Juri Han
Subscribing Member

Omega Hibana's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Han, there has been work on collectible guides being published and having their own rewards. It's been on the backburner but hopefully we are close to getting it launched. If you notice I have the award Collectible Guide Team. This was the start of it. It has been well over a year but it was supposed to be next
Well I hope you guys really launch the award(s) and make it official eventually. For the collectible and walk through guides and guide makers of those types. It will be a very great idea to have them in my book. I predict and believe it will encourage and boost more players to do more guides by a certain percent, if you get them to work and make them official.

I am not a know it all person, but I think there is no doubt that site awards like these that you get under your username can be crazy for some users. For some users it's like their small site trophies or award badge. It could be their imaginary army/military shiny honor medals as well in a way. Except obviously game site related. Some create/work on guides just to earn them. It boosts their morale and will to do them, than if anything. It's like an obsession they have. They just have to have one of those nice stamps next to their name for their efforts. There are crazy players/users out there like this.

Of course there are a few players who just do guides for just doing it. And don't care much about the stamps awards right below their username. It's about just helping the game site and site community. That's their passion and drive to do them mostly only.

Me, I'll be honest. I think I'm in between . While one of my main purpose of why I did the huge guide for an achievement(s)/trophy(ies) was because I really wanted to share and help players. By sharing and putting into words of what I know, am aware, and what you have to do or it takes. To take down a very difficult mode, that to me by now it's a piece of cake. Because a few haters have called me a loser before. To the point that, I just spent so much time playing that mode of that game only. That a lot of players seem to have problems with regularly. I just kind of master it with a certain character, after so much time of me putting into it and studying it. That I just know how to handle it to just pass it on a regular bases. Or as many times as I want in a way. I too wanted a nice award stamp underneath my name deep down inside of me.

But yeah, go for it Tyger7 . Pull it off and make it official if you can. You will no doubt bring smiley faces to a lot of guide makers, who don't do/specialize in Road and Achievement map guides. But are good at making collectibles and walk through guides instead.

Last edited by Capcom Juri Han; 03-12-2014 at 12:10 AM.