PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #31
MRcool2008
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 55

MRcool2008's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
The story isn't any different the second play, they just up the difficulty is all.

I think it's cool, because you can just play the game and enjoy the story and get really into it without worry about achievements, then on your second play you can just play for achievements and since you've already done the story, you know what to do and where to go. I love the game and the achievements are awesome, I think.
Aren't there a few Achievements that you can only get on your first playthrough?

As for what others said about length, i think it should take about as much, maybe little less than the first playthrough to get done with all the achievements in the second playthrough, for example, took me 38 hours to get through the game first time, that's without skipping any cutscenes, exploring the areas thoroughly and completing the Mysterious Unison at level 87 (The last boss was a frickin breeze after the unison... not that the unison was particularly hard either) in the second game you do have stronger monsters so you're gonna spend more time leveling, but it's balanced out by the fact that you pretty much have exploration to the minimum since you know where everything is and you don't really have to finish the entire game, only to chapter 7 i think, and not tackling the Unison will shave off a few hours too, so in the end, it's probably gonna take about 20-28 hours to get far enough in the second playthrough for all the Achievements. (you can probably take off a few hours by skipping all the cutscenes too) i'm on my second now, just started this morning.
MRcool2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
zyxomma100
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 214

zyxomma100's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, some achievements are "only" possible on the first playthrough, but those are all the ones that unlock automatically. As long as you talk to the old granny in Baroque during Chapter 4 on your second playthrough, you won't need a third to get all the achievements.
zyxomma100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #33
Streetrunner77
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 167

Streetrunner77's Gamercard
I played the game once - that was last year - a player should be able to play the game on ONE playthrough for cheevies - yeah right - there's too much backtracking for me - so i'll just be happy with my little 120/1000 for this game
__________________
Streetrunner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #34
Charismatic E
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
I have a huge doubt in my mind: do I need to talk to the people(like the Granny, or whatever name she has) BEFORE reaching Baroque with the teleport in the second playtrough, or maybe I can talk to them AFTER getting the complete teleport to reach 'em all to start and finish the side quests?

First playthrough was awesome, one of the best game that I've ever played...but the 2nd one looks so hard to get every achievement remaining...I'm actually in the middle of Chapter 1, but I was caught by fear thinking about the side quests that makes some tough points achievement...
Charismatic E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #35
griefrapids
 
griefrapids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Niverville, MB
Posts: 14

griefrapids's Gamercard
Chapter 7 Score Pieces (second play through)

In the achievment guide it says in Chapter 7 to go to Forte City to see the man in pain to get score piece 31. I'm in Elegy City, and there is no teleporter here, so does that mean I have to back track all the way to Forte to get it? Or is there a teleporter some where?

Let me know, thanks,
__________________
Xbox Gamercards
griefrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #36
Yohanan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 107
Send a message via MSN to Yohanan

Yohanan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by griefrapids View Post
In the achievment guide it says in Chapter 7 to go to Forte City to see the man in pain to get score piece 31. I'm in Elegy City, and there is no teleporter here, so does that mean I have to back track all the way to Forte to get it? Or is there a teleporter some where?
Let me know, thanks,
That's right. You'll have to backtrack all the way back from Mount Rock and To Coda Ruins. There's no teleporter after Baroque. As not enough, enemies in Mount Rock are very difficult to avoid, the same goes for the ones in To Coda Ruins.
I suppose I did that track around 8 times only in my second play.
That's the worst part about Sonata.
Yohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #37
Yohanan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 107
Send a message via MSN to Yohanan

Yohanan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic E View Post
First playthrough was awesome, one of the best game that I've ever played...but the 2nd one looks so hard to get every achievement remaining...I'm actually in the middle of Chapter 1, but I was caught by fear thinking about the side quests that makes some tough points achievement...
This game's the easiest rpg out there. If you talk with the Grand Mother in Baroque's Hotel during chapter 4, there's absolutely nothing that can be missed. You could backtrack everytime you want to and get things you had missed. If you have fear about this game, you should avoid Blue Dragon.
I don't know if you're a rpg fan, but everyone who plays this genre is accustomed to backtrack and missable things.
Enjoy the game and I asure you that you'll get 1000 easily in this game.
Good luck.
Yohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #38
casious
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2

casious's Gamercard
encore achievements

hey i was reading some walkthrough so i dont miss anything but a lot of stuff that its saying should be there isnt there... do i have to go all the way to the 6th or 7th chapter again and use the teleport room before i can go back and get a lot of these achievements???
casious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #39
casious
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2

casious's Gamercard
120??? i got like 360 on my first playthrough
casious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #40
Amagai Shuusuke
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2

Chamo Kun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
The story isn't any different the second play, they just up the difficulty is all.

I think it's cool, because you can just play the game and enjoy the story and get really into it without worry about achievements, then on your second play you can just play for achievements and since you've already done the story, you know what to do and where to go. I love the game and the achievements are awesome, I think.
I strongly agree, I bought the game without expecting much but I thouroghly enjoyed it, I am also working my way towards the full 1000 (:and your achievement guide is a huge help, THANKS!
Amagai Shuusuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #41
ArcticNinja0418
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 62

ArcticNinja0418's Gamercard
anyone know if you miss 2 score pieces, you can go back for them later on the game in the portals or i have to start a new game again?
ArcticNinja0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 AM   #42
ozgoon56
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 929

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticNinja0418 View Post
anyone know if you miss 2 score pieces, you can go back for them later on the game in the portals or i have to start a new game again?
You can use the portal to get them, but you might have the pieces out of order for the numbers given in the sessions.
__________________
ozgoon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #43
deralex
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Hello,

I'm looking forward to play this game, but I don't feel like checking a walkthrough every 5 minutes on my first playthrough.
So exactly what kind of collectables do I have to get on the first run?
deralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #44
Starlight126
 
Starlight126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,394

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deralex View Post
Hello,

I'm looking forward to play this game, but I don't feel like checking a walkthrough every 5 minutes on my first playthrough.
So exactly what kind of collectables do I have to get on the first run?
You want to get the Score Pieces, since they are the only collectible you carry to your next playthrough. You also want to enter and complete the bonus dungeon at the end of the game (it's not missable) to get some achievements related to it, some more Score Pieces, and also the important "Party Level 6" feature, which helps a ton during the second playthrough. If you want a guide easy to follow and spoiler free, check here; it helps also if you happen to miss some Score Pieces/collect them in the wrong order, since there are pictures showing the pieces (the notes, etc.) themselves to avoid the confusion of the random order.
Have fun, it's a good game to play.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #45
deralex
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Thanks for the hint, I've been playing it for a couple of days now and it awesome.
Can't believe I've missed out on that game for so long.
deralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #46
Rage1776
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59

Rage1776's Gamercard
Oddly enough, I dreamed about this game the other night but never played it. I ended up playing the demo this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes you appreciate linear games after playing something like Skyrim for 100 hours.

Picking this up tomorrow.
Rage1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #47
Rage1776
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59

Rage1776's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1776 View Post
Oddly enough, I dreamed about this game the other night but never played it. I ended up playing the demo this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes you appreciate linear games after playing something like Skyrim for 100 hours.

Picking this up tomorrow.
Took me 40 hours to complete my first playthrough. I somehow misinterpreted keeping party levels as keeping everyone's level. So I spent hours grinding out Mysterious Unison until everyone was level 90. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I started Encore at level 1 it kind of took the wind out of my sails.

And man, shit is tougher in Encore. I thought it would be easy at party level 6 but that doesn't help until you get enough people high enough to get multiple hits. I'm going to have to grind even more this go round.
Rage1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #48
Cube88
 
Cube88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 30

Cube988's Gamercard
I missed the 16th music sheet during the first playtrough: will I find it in the same place if I look for it in the second playtrough, or in the 2nd pt I will find only music sheets from 26 to 32?
Cube88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #49
Rage1776
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59

Rage1776's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube88 View Post
I missed the 16th music sheet during the first playtrough: will I find it in the same place if I look for it in the second playtrough, or in the 2nd pt I will find only music sheets from 26 to 32?
You can find it during your second playthrough.
Rage1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #50
Cube88
 
Cube88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 30

Cube988's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1776 View Post
You can find it during your second playthrough.
Ok, good, thanks.
Cube88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #51
Rage1776
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59

Rage1776's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1776 View Post
Took me 40 hours to complete my first playthrough. I somehow misinterpreted keeping party levels as keeping everyone's level. So I spent hours grinding out Mysterious Unison until everyone was level 90. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I started Encore at level 1 it kind of took the wind out of my sails.

And man, shit is tougher in Encore. I thought it would be easy at party level 6 but that doesn't help until you get enough people high enough to get multiple hits. I'm going to have to grind even more this go round.
Just finished the 1000. It took me 71 hours over 3 weeks. It was fun.
Rage1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #52
Matt36
 
Matt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 3,363

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1776 View Post
Just finished the 1000. It took me 71 hours over 3 weeks. It was fun.
I spent that across 4 Assassin's Creed games haha! Well done mate!
__________________
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 PM.