PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill HD Collection > Silent Hill 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
jtm232556

Benty Rekshin's Gamercard
Silent Hill 1

Any plans for releasing this on the dashboard? My buddy has PS3 and they have it to download..
jtm232556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm232556 View Post
Any plans for releasing this on the dashboard? My buddy has PS3 and they have it to download..
I know I'm fairly late to answering this but I'll still answer it. To be honest, I highly doubt it. Every Silent Hill game has been released on PC and Xbox, with the exception of the original Silent Hill. That was only ever released on Playstation. And with how they treated this game, I would rather them not touch any other Silent Hill games after that.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:15 AM   #3
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoban View Post
I know I'm fairly late to answering this but I'll still answer it. To be honest, I highly doubt it. Every Silent Hill game has been released on PC and Xbox, with the exception of the original Silent Hill. That was only ever released on Playstation. And with how they treated this game, I would rather them not touch any other Silent Hill games after that.
They ended up "reimagining" it through Shattered Memories. Obviously, nowhere near as good as the original...and too much was changed with Shattered Memories. Definitely not the "canon" version of SH1, where as "REmake" is now considered canon over the original Resident Evil.

Silent Hill HD Collection was an afterthought to the already in production PS3 version. The only reason it got a 360 release is due to fan demand...otherwise, it was going to be PS3 only (like many HD collections). To be honest, most HD Collections that release on 360 are due to fan demand...where as the PS3 releases them left and right. There's no exclusive HD Collections on 360, minus HD upgrades to certain games (Fable, Halo...)

Quote:
R.I.P. Random Thought of the Day...Thread - Take 1.
5/13/2013 - 8/15/2014 - 15,243 Posts of Awesome.
Never forget.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote