PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
HigginsM

Freddy1 Krueger's Gamercard
Spring Update

For those who haven't seen the Rockstar Newswire there are some great new things coming to GTAOnline

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

SPRING GAME UPDATES

Capture Creator: Coming next week, the Creator community will be able to make their own original customized Capture Jobs and add to the over 3.5 million (and counting) player-created Deathmatches and Races currently available on Social Club. Strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables to make your own unique Capture Job for others to take on. We will also be reviewing your homemade Capture creations to stamp standout experiences as Rockstar Verified.

The High Life Update: The High Life Update will allow you to expand your foothold in Los Santos with new high-end apartment options, the powerful Bullpup Rifle, new wardrobe items, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle and three new lavish cars to choose from, including the Super class Pegassi Zentorno. The High Life Update will also feature the debut of multi-property ownership in GTA Online, which means you'll be able to own two distinct properties (with garages) simultaneously. All this plus the new Mental State player statistic, which is designed to let you see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in your session really are, and a slew of new Jobs.

Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. We know many in the GTA Online community have been looking forward to this update — stay tuned for much more information to come.

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

Big thanks to Cpt Slaughter for my Avatar picture and Signature

Last edited by HigginsM; 04-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.
HigginsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
your signature fits perfectly.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Fuck yeah. Two apartmens aka 10 new cars/rides to store. AWESOME!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Well at least I have a new objective in online: save up for Weazel Plaza 101.

I wonder if we'll be able to transfer vehicles over from one apartment to another, so one apartment has nothing but fast cars while the other has practical or special cars like the Tailgater or the Merryweather Mesa. Or using that method, repositioning cars in the garage.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
HigginsM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post
Well at least I have a new objective in online: save up for Weazel Plaza 101.

I wonder if we'll be able to transfer vehicles over from one apartment to another, so one apartment has nothing but fast cars while the other has practical or special cars like the Tailgater or the Merryweather Mesa. Or using that method, repositioning cars in the garage.
Someone asked a similar question on the Rockstar support forum and Brain B said you can move cars from one garage to the other

Here is a link to the post

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...nging-garages-

Old 04-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
HEISTS?! Finally..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
x MOOSE 187 x

Send a message via ICQ to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via AIM to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via MSN to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via Yahoo to x MOOSE 187 x Send a message via Skype™ to x MOOSE 187 x

x MOOSE 187 x's Gamercard
Too late, I've already fried any incentive to play GTA Online ever again after grinding 'Potshot' around 1000times to reach lvl 100.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
ServeChilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. We know many in the GTA Online community have been looking forward to this update stay tuned for much more information to come.

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Only just found out about the "no-collision" option in races. Thank Goodness! At least I won't have anybody brake testing me at a corner/chicane or trying to ram me while I'm overtaking them (provided the option is on of course).
Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x MOOSE 187 x View Post
Too late, I've already fried any incentive to play GTA Online ever again after grinding 'Potshot' around 1000times to reach lvl 100.
That's your own fault. With all the available mission options (102 by my count), there was never a need to grind any one or two missions to reach 100. Just play as intended, and the ranks come on their own.

That said, I just wish they'd give a general date for these, instead of just "this spring." I mean, it's already spring! It'd be one thing if it was a few months ago that they announced this stuff coming in spring, but now we need at least a half-month to look for, if not an actual date! Of course, with 1.11, the writing was on the wall that heists and multiple properties were coming REALLY soon, so for the last couple week's I've been plugging away trying to save up the cash needed for for the cars that I've already mapped out as ones I want for both my characters. At anywhere between $150-350k per night, hopefully I can get the $3m I still need for everything before they release!

Of course, I was kind of secretly hoping there would have been a title update yesterday that would have stealthily added these to the game. I mean, if they were to have announced that heists and multi-properties would be available April 1st, who would have believed them?

Last edited by jswartz0181; 04-02-2014 at 08:58 PM.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
HEISTS?! Finally..
Can I get an Amen?

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #12
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
That said, I just wish they'd give a general date for these, instead of just "this spring."
lol, remember one of the GTA V Trailers originally stated that the Game was coming out "Spring 2013" and after a delay it come out on the 17th September.

I'm just hoping the same doesn't happen with the Heists.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #13
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
lol, remember one of the GTA V Trailers originally stated that the Game was coming out "Spring 2013" and after a delay it come out on the 17th September.

I'm just hoping the same doesn't happen with the Heists.
Well, if you want to get technical, weren't heists originally stated as coming in February or something like that, way back in November/December, before the modded lobbies became a problem?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
"As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction." - R*

Wonder if they'll de-rank my characters? Don't care at this point. Can't even see how it would matter if they did. There is no difference in being rank 124 or 824.

"mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behaviour"

Only thing I did, was take advantage of their many RP exploits. Be interesting to see if they hit me with punishment or not. If I had to guess, I'd say they will.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
great more cars that i want to buy and have no room for in my filled garage. hey Rockstar i have a suggestion MAKE IT SO WE CAN BUY MULTIPLE GARAGE'S!! or how about a 20 car garage? i can't just keep getting rid of shit in my garage for another car..
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #16
HigginsM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
great more cars that i want to buy and have no room for in my filled garage. hey Rockstar i have a suggestion MAKE IT SO WE CAN BUY MULTIPLE GARAGE'S!! or how about a 20 car garage? i can't just keep getting rid of shit in my garage for another car..
You will be able to buy a second apartment/garage and swap cars from one garage to the other

Posted tonight by Brian B from Rockstar on the support forum

@BrianB
You will be able to drive your vehicles from one garage into your second garage. If you drive them in from your first garage to the second in a particular order, they will be rearranged in that order in the garage.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...he-new-update-

Last edited by HigginsM; 04-02-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #17
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsM View Post
You will be able to buy a second apartment/garage and swap cars from one garage to the other

Posted tonight by Brian B from Rockstar on the support forum

@BrianB
You will be able to drive your vehicles from one garage into your second garage. If you drive them in from your first garage to the second in a particular order, they will be rearranged in that order in the garage.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...he-new-update-
finally..it only took them 6 months to actually pull this off. this kind of shit should of been in the game day 1.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #18
ServeChilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
"As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction." - R*

Wonder if they'll de-rank my characters? Don't care at this point. Can't even see how it would matter if they did. There is no difference in being rank 124 or 824.

"mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behaviour"

Only thing I did, was take advantage of their many RP exploits. Be interesting to see if they hit me with punishment or not. If I had to guess, I'd say they will.
No way, but like you said "Who Cares"

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #19
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Finally Heists and more garage space. Now I just need to work out how much money all this new stuff is going to set me back as well as what cars to put in my new garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x MOOSE 187 x View Post

You are not prepared to play GTA Online anymore but you can be bothered to check the GTA forum to post that, when Heists is about to come out.

If you only play for achievements then I can see that point of view. There are some games that I did not enjoy that much so when I completed them I left it at that. GTA 5 is definitely not in that camp for me. I am approaching rank 200 mostly by grinding rooftop rumble to get as much cash as possible before Heists comes out.

Once Heists is out I will be too busy playing the Heists, trying out the new vehicles and filling my new garage, as well as the new accessories that will come along with it. At least that would stop my grinding of rooftop rumble.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #20
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post
Only just found out about the "no-collision" option in races. Thank Goodness! At least I won't have anybody brake testing me at a corner/chicane or trying to ram me while I'm overtaking them (provided the option is on of course).
I like a lot, let's hope it works when it's an off road race and I use the Sanchez.

Not fussed on more cars, I only have the Sanchez bike, the free car you get when you first start and the free one with Rockstar Social Club.

Heists

Last edited by cjdavies; 04-03-2014 at 04:11 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #21
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
I don't know wether its just me being optimistic or I mis-read it but it says that there will be new houses you can buy? So more than the ones that you can already buy or have I read it wrong?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #22
HigginsM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
I don't know wether its just me being optimistic or I mis-read it but it says that there will be new houses you can buy? So more than the ones that you can already buy or have I read it wrong?
New high end apartments will be available with new interiors as confirmed by Brian B in this support forum question

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...ies-Dynasty-8-

Old 04-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #23
CoreOfBrutality

Send a message via AIM to CoreOfBrutality

CoreOfBrutality's Gamercard
Smile

And now we wait for people to start bitching about owning 30 cars instead of 20 and having three properties
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #24
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
2 properties is a huge win.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #25
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
2 properties is a huge win.

Forget 2 properties, CoreOfBrutality has already started the ball rolling on us getting 3 properties. Lets start lobbying Rockstar, we want 3 properties, we want more, more, more.

If you don't ask, you don't get.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #26
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Finally! This is the reason I needed to start playing GTA again.

Also, the thread title should have the word "heists" in it. Not only would it boost the views, but it will make people happy to finally open a thread about heists and it not be a rumor for once .
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #27
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. We know many in the GTA Online community have been looking forward to this update stay tuned for much more information to come.
That "much more info" will no doubt be the same as every single bit of "more info to come" that R* has promised every month since release: It's delayed, again...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
That "much more info" will no doubt be the same as every single bit of "more info to come" that R* has promised every month since release: It's delayed, again...
While highly possible, let's hope not. I want to be playing Heists online with friends by June or I'm going to throw a wobbly in R*'s general direction!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
It wouldn't be a R* update if it didn't have a "coming soon" about Heists, even if the update itself is about Heists coming soon. It's a tradition they've been doing since about launch.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #30
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:

I hope you are wrong, what the f*#k does Rockstar think they are doing announcing the Spring Update with Heists only to say its delayed again. Was it some kind of sick April's Fools by Rockstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
While highly possible, let's hope not. I want to be playing Heists online with friends by June or I'm going to throw a wobbly in R*'s general direction!

I was thinking that Heists would be out before Easter. If June is the release or later then I will be putting this down and playing some of my other games. I have stuck with GTA Online for a few weeks now even though its getting stale just to keep my focus for Heists. I know once I put another game in, I may not come back for a while.

Come on Rockstar, get this out before you lose many of us.