PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Artielang

artielang's Gamercard
What is/was the hardest mission for you to get 100% on?

I want to try to do the hard 100% missions first so the rest won't be as hard.
Artielang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
PrestigeX

"No.3", definitely
Old 03-13-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
Awesomepants

Awesomepants's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
"No.3", definitely
Yep. That one was the hardest for me too by far. Others seemed to have had an easier time though.

For me, it wasn't that any mission was harder than the others, but getting them done in enough time was always the toughest for me. Good luck!
Awesomepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Artielang

artielang's Gamercard
Have 6 more 100% to get.

1. in the crosshairs
2.corner kids
3.kibbutz no 1
4.this isnt checkers
5.ladies half price
6. High dive

I try reading the forums to see which missions are giving people the hardest time and try to do them first. I would hate to have the last 100% to be a real struggle for me. I think the "follow close" one was the hardest for me. It took me like a week to do and I was starting to get convinced i would never get it.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
thirtyninesteps

RainBear28's Gamercard
I haven't attempted 100% yet on those missions, but from what I know from watching 100% playthroughs and reading up on strategies, Kibbutz no 1 might be the harder of your remaining missions b/c of Quickdraw the RPG and having to blow up the boats w/ sticky bombs fast. In the Crosshairs is tough on time, but there's a common workaround that you can easily google. Corner Kids is your basic go here, kill that mission - should not be a problem. Ladies Half Price is probably the easiest and This Isn't Checkers is basically course memorization.
thirtyninesteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Seeing as you don't have to get 100% in one run (you can break it down into many playthroughs if you have the patients), the quickdrawing the RPG actually wasn't too difficult for me. I got it first time on my headshots/accuracy attempt (knowing in advance where he was going to pop out of).
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
thirtyninesteps

RainBear28's Gamercard
Didn't mean to imply that you had to do everything in 1 go nor that it was very hard. Only meant to say that among the TC's remaining missions, that maybe the hardest. If you say it's easy, then I will defer to you since like I mentioned already I haven't tried to 100% it yet.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Artielang

artielang's Gamercard
Finally got the gold star achievement last night. Of all the remaining missions I had left, the one I had the hardest one on was the corner kids. I only beat the mission with a second off.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
thirtyninesteps

RainBear28's Gamercard
Congrats! Just got mine too and yeah, Quickdraw the RPG was bloody easy as long as you knew he would always appear on the 3rd floor after you kill the far left guy. In fact, I had more trouble finding enough heads to shoot for that mission. For anybody else who wants to get the tougher missions out of the way, here are the ones that I thought were harder than average.

Sexy Time - Like others, the problem for me here was aiming with the damn buzzard. You basically couldn't aim without moving. Kind of like trying to hit a target while on a conveyor belt. God I wished I knew you could save time by driving straight to a helicopter at the start.

Departure Time - This was the 1st mission I tried to 100% so naturally I had some growing pains. I read a strategy about climbing the buildings to get a good vantage point, but I instead just rambo'd my way through w/ the explosive shotty. I also used the spawn Comet cheat to get a fast car after parachuting down (luckily the spawn car cheats do not prevent 100%-ing a mission).

Caught With Your Pants Down - Shooting the 4 bolts wasn't too troubling, what really pissed me was how easy it was to flip the tank and not getting enough cop cars to blow up.

No. 3 - Was really afraid of "followed close" but got it on my 1st clean run. I also switched to the close view camera angle. I think it helped me control the car better.

Blog This!... - The time on this mission was stupidly low meaning if traffic or police cars spawn unfavorably, you're screwed. Luckily it was very short.

Dropping In/This Ain't Checkers - I made the crucial mistake of thinking a parachute controls like a coptor (i.e. forward moves you forward quicker, back moves you back). Instead, forward makes you fall faster while back makes you fall slower. So don't make the same mistake m'kay?

All the rest were quite easy. In fact, the entire achievement I would say is not too difficult. Long perhaps, but definitely within the reach of an average gamer.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
others beat me to it :P

as other members said, IMO the hardest missions to 100% were

sexy time, i could not control that heli if my life depended on it. i ended up spamming rockets everywhere and got lucky one of my tries. to anyone stuck on this, i would suggest getting better with the buzzard. i had used his heli to complete ALOT of the missions quicker, to fly across islands n such. but controlling the rockets and pitch/altitude of the helicopter is aggrivating.

no.3, made me very angry because i know i can drive better than those two. i beat all of brucie races easily with no hassle. that guy would always complain about my speed at the same part, "common luis!", right near the beginning before you even drive along the water. i would always rage restart, by the time i got 100% i realized him saying that didnt even mean i had fallen too far behind. lol i restarted for no reason probably 20 times.

*i made it a personal conquest to do all missions 100%, one at a time in order. these two were the only ones that i became fed up, and returned later. in my experience coming back the next sit down would almost always net me the 100%,
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
No. 3: Keeping close....one stupid piece of debris can either make you're wheels spin or flip you over or into the wall / fence.

Kibbutz no. 1: Quickdraw the RPG. Figured that he appears after you eliminate the fourth assailant.

Caught with your pants down: The sharpshooter requirement. B'ah!

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
ORTA:316

Send a message via MSN to ORTA:316

OR7A's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Seeing as you don't have to get 100% in one run (you can break it down into many playthroughs if you have the patients), the quickdrawing the RPG actually wasn't too difficult for me. I got it first time on my headshots/accuracy attempt (knowing in advance where he was going to pop out of).
Do you mean you can say... do 1 playthrough of a mission under the time limit. Then another play thru of the same mission and go over the time but say, get the accuracy and it still counts as getting 100% in the end???
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Yep. Once you get something, it's counted in subsequent attempts as having been done, even if you don't do it again. So you don't have to be fast AND accurate at the same time.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
transformer809

MyAssAffect3's Gamercard
they are just to hard so i don't bother trying.

Diablo Reaper of Souls
transformer809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #15
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
All the mission were slightly normal just (Sexy time) there wasn't enough time to do it but I finished it today

Last edited by AMoDo94; 04-04-2011 at 08:14 AM.
AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Definitely the mission 'No.3' That 'Followed Close' kills my nerves, and this is the only one standing between me and the cheevo.
The second worst mission was 'Sexy Time', with the completely messed up chopper controls.

Also, many mission wasn't hard just extremely annoying as you have to go through all the mission (which you probably already did once or twice playing through the game) just to mess up/miss something in the end.

I wouldn't mind this 100% thing, as these objectives are quite good, but they should really implement some checkpoint system as I do not want to drive all over the city, steal the cars, and listen to the exact same song for the 50th time just to try and fail that damned followed close objective. Why we cannot start right when I drove the car behind Brucie? Anybody can drive through the city, there is no challenge in it, just waste of time and pure annoyance.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
napoearth

napoearth's Gamercard
Sexy Time was a real pain in the ass, but Departure time was ridiculous to get the time on for me.
napoearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
On Xbox I pretty much had major trouble on every other mission, now that I'm doing it all again on PC and I'm finishing each mission at 100% on my first attempt. Sexy Time and No.3 are really easy but Ladies Half Price is hell annoying even now.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Definitely Blog This. I think I got there like 2-3 seconds too late about a dozen times before I finally got it. The curses that I spewed out during this time were un-matched anywhere in the Universe LOL.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #20
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyninesteps View Post
Sexy Time - Like others, the problem for me here was aiming with the damn buzzard. You basically couldn't aim without moving. Kind of like trying to hit a target while on a conveyor belt. God I wished I knew you could save time by driving straight to a helicopter at the start.
Say what!? Where is this please?

After seeing No.3 come up almost immediately in this thread I had a go at it to get it done asap. I had quite a bit of time to spare on my 2nd run, it was under 5 minutes but can't remember what time exactly. I hit a massive 221mph for the speed trap and only took 7% damage - despite flipping onto my roof at one point during the boat jumping sequence. I got 'Followed close' but didn't know what it was. I assume it's for toughing one of the other cars, I did this by mistake but hey ho, if it's what was needed.. BOOM! Sexy time is one I struggled with. I got 8min on my first go - but did kill all 4 boats.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #21
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psybOltOn View Post
Definitely the mission 'No.3' That 'Followed Close' kills my nerves, and this is the only one standing between me and the cheevo.
The second worst mission was 'Sexy Time', with the completely messed up chopper controls.

Also, many mission wasn't hard just extremely annoying as you have to go through all the mission (which you probably already did once or twice playing through the game) just to mess up/miss something in the end.

I wouldn't mind this 100% thing, as these objectives are quite good, but they should really implement some checkpoint system as I do not want to drive all over the city, steal the cars, and listen to the exact same song for the 50th time just to try and fail that damned followed close objective. Why we cannot start right when I drove the car behind Brucie? Anybody can drive through the city, there is no challenge in it, just waste of time and pure annoyance.
This is a good idea... BUT... what if it took you longer than you wanted to get across the city? You would have a saved checkpoint with a starting time that disadvantaged you for the rest of the mission. Most missions are pretty short to be honest. Only 2 or 3 are longer than 7 minutes. I don't think it needs a checkpoint system.

I had a bit of a tough time getting the time on Going Deep, took me about an hour and a half to do. 4 missions left to 100%, none of them noted here as that hard. Should be done tomorrow, then it's only 'Wanted' left

Last edited by pined5551; 02-25-2013 at 12:37 AM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #22
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
To be honest, the hardest one for me was the time challenge in Caught With Your Pants Down (the cops just refused to back down) and the boat damage challenge in Kibbutz Number One (no matter I did, the boat damage read 90%. Had to reload a save multiple times).

Some took a few attempts, but I was going in to these missions "fresh", as I completed them years ago.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
tweak4ever

Send a message via AIM to tweak4ever Send a message via Skype™ to tweak4ever

tweak4ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
"No.3", definitely
yes. this. oh god this...

tweak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #24
demonjjf

demonjjf2's Gamercard
No.3 or Sexy Time.

Sexy Time almost made me brake my controller
demonjjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #25
MrGrim21

Help please.

I took a break from this game and decided to come back and finish it. I'm having trouble with "bang bang" I know there is a shortcut with the helicopter. For some reason the helicopter isn't spawning where it should, or any helicopter for that matter. I'm trying my hardest to complete this mission with out it but I'm always 20-30 seconds off. I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to complete it. If any one has any idea why the helicopters aren't spawning, has a suggestion, or any tips that can help me complete it without it I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
MrGrim21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
Darkness727420
Banned User

Darkness727420's Gamercard
For sexy time can i fly to ysufs chopper and do it that way or do i have to go to the boat. Can anyone tell me one way or the other
Darkness727420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #27
woodrow03330

Woodrow03330's Gamercard
I have no idea what No. 3 or Sexy Time is?
woodrow03330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #28
woodrow03330

Woodrow03330's Gamercard
The hardest mission is probably putting together a multiplayer game for worms...ANYONE?
woodrow03330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:40 AM   #29
REHJR1974

REHJR1974's Gamercard
no.3 and corner kids.. hated them both equally.
REHJR1974 is offline   Reply With Quote