PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Jumper: Griffin's Story
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Wow... destroyed

I did my first playthrough of the game last night. All was going well until the last level where the third floor of enemies proceeded to kick my ass repeatedly. And then when I finally took out the two groups, I had a sliver of health left and no health potions left in the room, meaning Roland destroyed me in one punch. So, after about 15 failures and much yelling and swearing I decided to finish it up today. I got destroyed last night, and it took much willpower not to snap the disc in half.

Today I beat the game after a little frustration (the third part of the battle with Roland in the Colosseum was a pain) and then started up playthrough 2 for my 1000. I completely destroyed the game. It's obvious that I would walk through the first four levels with the Chinese Sword, but I surprised myself with how easily I beat level five and especially level six. I expected that I'd have to use the quit out/dashboard trick to beat the game without dying but nope... I owned Roland easily then destroyed the final boss. No "cheating" or nothing.

tl;dr: The game destroyed me last night but I destroyed it today.

Just thought I'd share that. Tips for new players:

1) Just like the roadmap says, do all the collectibles in the first playthrough. When under time constraints (on the second run) you don't want to be looking around for these.

2) Don't worry about getting the Hard Target achievement on the first run either. Your first run will be about collectibles and getting a good feel for the combat. Then, the combination of the Chinese Sword and your experience from the first run should make this easy.

3) As always, if you're getting frustrated just turn it off and try again later. If you're playing this game it's almost a guarantee that you're playing solely for the points, and it would be a shame to miss out on easy GS or have to buy/rent another copy because you accidentally wrecked the game in anger.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm about to give up because of a glitch and not frustration. I'm at level 4, the labs level, and at the end when I go to fight the boss with one hand I get stuck behind a staircase. As the roadmap suggested I quit and start back up but now I have to play the entire level again. This glitch has happend to me twice now

I'm going to try one more time today after I get home from work and if I get that glitch again I don't know if I will be able to continue on. I'm a big completionist so needless to say I don't want to give up.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
dersuedwanderer

dersuedwanderer's Gamercard
Yesterday I broke the damned disk into 2 pieces and shure will not rebuy it just for this silly achievements...
Only one minute is not worth playing this game!!!
There is much more "out there" than hunting for cheevos. I got only 550GS before I broke the disk, but I donīt care.
It was the best decision I ever made. F*** this game!
dersuedwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yanno, i played this a LOOOONG time ago and got 950/1000. The funny thing is the last acheivement was only the collectible one. I might just go and find this crap game and finish it off.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
nejvetsiborec

biggestborec's Gamercard
Yeah, this game is probably the worst game ever, if not the worst, then its surely in top 10.

I bought this game on Monday for 2$, it looked like its really cheap. Actually with this quality, it was pretty expensive.
nejvetsiborec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dersuedwanderer View Post
Yesterday I broke the damned disk into 2 pieces and shure will not rebuy it just for this silly achievements...
Only one minute is not worth playing this game!!!
There is much more "out there" than hunting for cheevos. I got only 550GS before I broke the disk, but I donīt care.
It was the best decision I ever made. F*** this game!
Same here with roughly the same GS you got from it. That final boss was a piss take he killed you in like 3 hits. Also the controls just went crazy because the buttons kept constantly moving around because he doesn't stay still. Probably the most frustrating game I have ever played and I've maxed out CoD 2 and Done The Kid on Super Meat Boy.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Same here with roughly the same GS you got from it. That final boss was a piss take he killed you in like 3 hits. Also the controls just went crazy because the buttons kept constantly moving around because he doesn't stay still. Probably the most frustrating game I have ever played and I've maxed out CoD 2 and Done The Kid on Super Meat Boy.
The final boss I can handle its the ass hats who appear and seem imprevious to damage .I will give it another go tommrow if that does not work I will give
It away .game cost 3 gbp and I think I want a refund lol .cod 2 was dam iirating, my younger brother did it in one playgthrough in less than a day took me like 6 months ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Revan1221

Revan1221's Gamercard
2nd Worst 360 Game Ever IMO

This game is ****. Got 600 achievements, then about the 12th time I got stuck in a wall on the Tokyo level and had to reload and start all over, I decided to smash the disk into little pieces. This game is easily the 2nd worst 360 game ever, not too far behind Alone in the Dark, which is also a piece of **** and not worth anyone's time or the aggravation of farming for achievement points.
Revan1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
Hughes83

Hughes83's Gamercard
I give up, at 650/1000. What a shame... but I can't go berserk on a piece of junk like this. There are so many games I have to play, this shit ain't worth my time!