PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
DaSwede

SubtleMilk183's Gamercard
Angry bad attitude

Listen, I just need to vent for a minute. Does anyone else HATE these games, i.e. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, other than me?

I hate these games.

No, I didn't buy them, a friend did. He got them used. It was an accident that they are even on my GT. But them because I have some obsessive need to finish everything, I'm working on the achievements - but I HATE THESE GAMES!

I can't be the only one.

Yours truly,

Utterly Frustrated
DaSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSwede View Post
I can't be the only one.
You probably are.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
You probably are.
What he said.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
Xerofox
were given today

Send a message via Skype™ to Xerofox

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
You don't hate the game, you hate yourself for forcing yourself to play these games for achievements.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic XBA View Post
What he said.
He? I thought we were... best buds. </3

Old 05-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't like the "so amazing freeflow combat" but the game was very good.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #7
Galarzaa90

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
I'm enjoying this game, I mean, I'm enjoying the game's story, the gameplay, the characters, the voice acting...

On the other hand, I'm pretty pissed right now because I can't get past the Pressure Control Junction fight on hard. But other than that, everything is okay.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #8
tjm3658

tim3658's Gamercard
I only really dislike Asylum when compared to City. Arkham was great, albeit some difficulty with the combat flow, but City is so much better. I know the frustration of playing it to get all the achievements and it's a pain but doable. Overall, thought the games were great, between story and absolutely great voice acting, particularly Batman (Kevin Conroy) and Joker (Mark Hamill).
tjm3658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #9
tjm3658

tim3658's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galarzaa90 View Post
I'm enjoying this game, I mean, I'm enjoying the game's story, the gameplay, the characters, the voice acting...

On the other hand, I'm pretty pissed right now because I can't get past the Pressure Control Junction fight on hard. But other than that, everything is okay.
That one's really bad on hard. Took me many tries. On the plus side, once you finish that, there's really only two bosses left, without many fights in between. Just be careful not to get involved with the goons at the party. Got the achievement related to that on Normal and didn't even want to think about it on Hard.
tjm3658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
NUFCbenARFA

NUFCbenARFA's Gamercard
Not all games are for everyone. Its fair enough that you dont like it but I think the only reason you hate it is because you are forcing yourself to play it for the achievements.

I actually liked asylum more than City, its actually one of my favourite games of all time. Think I've 100% it 5+times (on the ps). Now its available for free I got it for the xbox and I'm 'forcing' myself to play the challanges. I never really cared for them, just the campaign.
I never thought hard was that hard on Asylum, only died like twice (once on Ivy and once on bane, i stopped paying attention for a few seconds and got stuck in a corner and bane pummelled me lol). But I played City before I played asylum so I was already decent tbf. Though for some reason I find City on hard alot harder and new game + incredibly hard. Suppose I find Asylum easier because theirs less buttons etc.

Anywho... I'm going a bit far into it now lol, just saying if you arent having fun dont force yourself to do it. Maybe take a break and try in a month or 2. (Unless you have already finished it... Then congrats :P)
NUFCbenARFA is offline   Reply With Quote