PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #31
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've heard this happening to an awful lot of people. Stupid though, would have thought something would be done about it by now.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #32
nmehka

ed afca's Gamercard
I fear the game is a bit too old to be bothered to patch. But if anyone has any tips to prefend this from happening a second time i'm all ears!
nmehka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #33
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
Just got to Dead End level, spotted early on, restarted level, froze, restarted xbox, continue greyed out, everything vanished!
This same thing just happened to me! God damn it.

I always read about ppl having corrupt saved data on any game, and it has never happened to me before, until now. Guess there is a first for everything. Looks like ill start over sometime later.
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #34
xbltwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oozero View Post

I always read about ppl having corrupt saved data on any game, and it has never happened to me before, until now. Guess there is a first for everything. Looks like ill start over sometime later.
I hope this doesn't happen to me as well. It scares me when people lose their saves so I use a flash drive for back up.
xbltwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #35
nmehka

ed afca's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozero View Post

Yeah also for me the first game ever to have corrupted. I did nothing special during a cutscene my xbox froze and my savegame corrupted. After every chapter I dashboard and copy my save from cloud to HD just to be sure...
nmehka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 AM   #36
Seoulcrusher

Seoulcrusher's Gamercard
My game froze reloading a checkpoint during the labs and corrupted my save as well. After that I made sure to quit to the dashboard after EVERY mission and backup my save file onto a USB. Figures that once I started backing up my saves I made it through the entire game without it corrupting again.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #37
Nonoal

Nonoal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoulcrusher View Post
After that I made sure to quit to the dashboard after EVERY mission and backup my save file onto a USB.
No need to go to the dashboard for me. I do 2 saves : 1 on the hard drive and 1 on the cloud. Once you have completed a level, go to options, change storage device and change the text language to have backup.

Nonoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #38
Aversion

Aversion X's Gamercard
Just happened to me.. 5 challenges and 3 play styles left for both achievements -_-

Going to start backing up my saves on the cloud.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #39
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Happen to me as well and I know 2 others that it happed too also. Thing is even though I have a backup save it always locks up at the same spot and I can't progress because of it. I've tried playing offline/online and it doesnt matter what I do it locks up on the same cut scene and corrupts my save so doesn't look like I will be able to finish this game. Such a shame as I was really enjoying it, oh well there goes my completion rate lol

EDIT: managed to get it to work after many retries with level select from the main menu

Last edited by iGoTiT4FrEe; 04-13-2014 at 05:02 PM.
iGoTiT4FrEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #40
TheSaferHouse

TheSaferHouse's Gamercard
Still happening! Just lost a lot of gameplay. Great! Thanks for the broken game f#$@ers!!!

EDIT: I've already replayed past the part where it corrupted (it was at the very beginning of 'Attack of the Saints') and so far it's been all good. I'm also now using 3 storage devices (HD, USB, Cloud) and I'm switching between them at the end of every chapter. You can easily switch storage from the game's main menu, select 'options' then 'system' and you will see it.

Last edited by TheSaferHouse; 04-17-2014 at 11:05 PM.
TheSaferHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #41
Shalashaska N

Shalashaska N's Gamercard
Okay, I am now in fear of ever updating this game again until it's been sorted out.
Shalashaska N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #42
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For real? In this game too? Just finished Splinter Cell Blacklist while trying to avoid a corrupted save there, which was apparently pretty common. Now I start up this game only to see the problem is even worse here! Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #43
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
awesome.. game froze.. wiped my data.. yay i get to start from scratch................. guess i better start backing that shit up now.. wtf

and I too lost my data on the "attack of the saints" mission.. so I guess if you're going to back up your file.. do it on the arena mission

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #44
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
awesome.. game froze.. wiped my data.. yay i get to start from scratch................. guess i better start backing that shit up now.. wtf

and I too lost my data on the "attack of the saints" mission.. so I guess if you're going to back up your file.. do it on the arena mission
Terrible. Well, thanks for the heads up at least. I don't normally back up save files ever, but I'll be sure to do it for this game, especially before I get to that mission.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:01 AM   #45
HughJazz

PhillipWendell's Gamercard
This happened to me on level 7. Right after I died as it restarted the checkpoint it froze. Upon restart was told that save was corrupted. Started over, changed my save location to the hard drive and got to level 10 (Dexter Laboratories) only for it to happen again. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I'm not trying any more. Was looking forward to getting the 1000 for it, but don't have it in me to replay all that again on Hard.

Sorry it happened to everyone else, but at least I know my XBox isn't the problem...
HughJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #46
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Well after spending a long ass time trying to beat Rosewood on Hard, I got through it, put in the fuses, pulled the level, and BAM my game froze. I was SO pissed off. Restarted my xbox and booted up the game and THANK GOD nothing was lost. I don't know how I managed to narrowly escape a corrupted save. I thought maybe it had something to do with having the game installed instead of using a disk, but I see lots of people still having problems even with the game being free for Gold members. Really annoying. Keeping my fingers crossed that I remain this lucky through the rest of my playthrough...
Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 AM   #47
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Well after spending a long ass time trying to beat Rosewood on Hard, I got through it, put in the fuses, pulled the level, and BAM my game froze. I was SO pissed off. Restarted my xbox and booted up the game and THANK GOD nothing was lost. I don't know how I managed to narrowly escape a corrupted save. I thought maybe it had something to do with having the game installed instead of using a disk, but I see lots of people still having problems even with the game being free for Gold members. Really annoying. Keeping my fingers crossed that I remain this lucky through the rest of my playthrough...
Have you been backing up your save? After I lost my progress the first time, I started backing up my save, but fortunately never had another corrupted save. Only freezes.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #48
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalashaska N View Post
Okay, I am now in fear of ever updating this game again until it's been sorted out.
It's never going to be updated again, why do you think its been given away for free...
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #49
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Have you been backing up your save? After I lost my progress the first time, I started backing up my save, but fortunately never had another corrupted save. Only freezes.
Backed up my save a few nights ago. Thankfully I did, because yesterday morning it froze again, this time while saving, and corrupted my save. Had a cloud backup, but from a few nights ago. Lost the last three missions I did, but better than losing everything. Still, fucking ridiculous, the amount of issues. Unacceptable.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #50
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I do what I can...

Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #51
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
So on my new playthrough (after the corrupted save file) I've noticed that my earned 'styles' have not updated.. like hide 5 bodies, garrot people.. I'm on the last level again.. so not sure what to do about that.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #52
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
So on my new playthrough (after the corrupted save file) I've noticed that my earned 'styles' have not updated.. like hide 5 bodies, garrot people.. I'm on the last level again.. so not sure what to do about that.
Have you tried getting a significant amount more than what the guide says is required? For whatever reason, some of my progress didn't count while I was doing these. I think I needed to hide seven or eight bodies before it counted for me.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #53
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
So for clarification. If I back up my save onto my USB, do I have to remove the USB from the system? I backed up my save since I knew this was an issue. Of course, once I booted the game back up I had the corrupt save issue. However, when I loaded from the USB (which I had left connected to my Xbox) the save was still corrupted.

I figure I should have removed the USB to avoid this happening? Just want to be sure. It sucks, because I'm really enjoying the game but this kind of nonsense is inexcusable...
Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #54
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeedomodel View Post
So for clarification. If I back up my save onto my USB, do I have to remove the USB from the system? I backed up my save since I knew this was an issue. Of course, once I booted the game back up I had the corrupt save issue. However, when I loaded from the USB (which I had left connected to my Xbox) the save was still corrupted.

I figure I should have removed the USB to avoid this happening? Just want to be sure. It sucks, because I'm really enjoying the game but this kind of nonsense is inexcusable...
Unless I'm missing something, it shouldn't matter if it's plugged in or not. My only guess is that you backed up the corrupt version without realizing it. What exactly are you doing to back it up?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 AM   #55
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Quote:
Unless I'm missing something, it shouldn't matter if it's plugged in or not. My only guess is that you backed up the corrupt version without realizing it. What exactly are you doing to back it up?
I am exiting to Dashboard, going to Settings/Storage and copying my save file to USB drive.

I feel like I'm going about this the wrong way...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #56
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
I am exiting to Dashboard, going to Settings/Storage and copying my save file to USB drive.

I feel like I'm going about this the wrong way...
I did the same thing, but I backed it up online. It was a pain in the ass to back out after every level, but it was unfortunately necessary because I had lost my progress before. My only guess is to try to back it up online instead of your USB drive and see if it works like that. Not sure why it would be any different though.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #57
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Quote:
I did the same thing, but I backed it up online. It was a pain in the ass to back out after every level, but it was unfortunately necessary because I had lost my progress before. My only guess is to try to back it up online instead of your USB drive and see if it works like that. Not sure why it would be any different though.
Yeah, I have no clue what happened. Sucks. I will try to do the Cloud Save and see how that goes.

So you just exited to menu, then to dashboard and just copied your save from Hard Drive to Cloud Save?

I redownloaded the game today, thinking maybe that will help since I already lost my data. Was only on mission 4...
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #58
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
So you just exited to menu, then to dashboard and just copied your save from Hard Drive to Cloud Save?
Yes. I doubt it makes a difference, but back out as far as you can go before dashboarding.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #59
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes. I doubt it makes a difference, but back out as far as you can go before dashboarding.
Alrighty, going do a trial run with first level and see if all goes okay before I go to far into it. Really sucks redoing levels for this nonsense...

Thank you!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #60
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
I'm at a loss. Did the first mission. Went back to menu, dashboarded out, and then backed up my save to the Cloud and a USB.

Corrupted. Copied my Cloud save over. Corrupted. Copied my USB save over. Corrupted. How the hell is this possible? I'm thinking my problems are because it's just the digital version. Going to borrow my brothers physical copy this weekend. This is ridiculous...