PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Movie Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Nsahene

merkin1978's Gamercard
10x Red Brick Glitch

Does anyone have a solution for the glitch regarding this brick? I've got all the cats except for the one that you need Batman for. I tried flying up to the balcony and there is no cat. I've also got to each of the other cat locations to see if one reset and theres none there. Is there a solution that doesn't involved starting the game over? I'm at 71 percent and have no desire to start from the beginning.
Nsahene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Did you try and actually use Batman for it, or just fly up there with a random character that flies? When you pull the grapple, the cat falls to the ground. You need someone who can pull grapples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:04 AM   #3
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
Did you get hit with the "unbreakable bench so you can't build the grapple point" glitch as well?

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
Nsahene

merkin1978's Gamercard
That's the problem. I can't build the grapple point because the park bench that you need to break apart for the pieces is indestructible. I'm gonna be real upset if this glitch means I can't 100%.
Nsahene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
uratitmouse

uratitmouse's Gamercard
I never experienced this glitch but try using business whens he huge as he breaks anything he walks on...there should be a platform for him near the construction site..hope this helps
uratitmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Or maybe playing a level or going to a different hub then come back to it?

Sorry if my previous comment was off base. You hadn't specified that it was the bench was indestructible which lead to the grapple not appearing. I had thought that the grapple was already in place.

Quote:
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 AM   #7
SolidSnake666

lx capthowdy Xl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Or maybe playing a level or going to a different hub then come back to it?

Sorry if my previous comment was off base. You hadn't specified that it was the bench was indestructible which lead to the grapple not appearing. I had thought that the grapple was already in place.
that doesnt work either, and I doubt there will be a patch for this so might as well start over :*(

or wait for the code for the 10x brick to be released

Last edited by SolidSnake666; 02-16-2014 at 02:33 AM.
SolidSnake666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
I seem to have a glitch where the Master Builder spot for the Pants Detector red brick doesn't show up. Hopefully the codes come out soon.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #9
northbloke

northbloke's Gamercard
I don't know if this applies to your situation or not, but I also thought I had the unbreakable park bench glitch but it turned out I had already released that cat earlier in the game before I had met the woman giving me the task. It seems that once you've done it the bench then becomes unbreakable. It was actually one of the other cats I was missing. It may be worth checking that you've found all 4 of the other cats.
northbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:41 AM   #10
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaxman View Post
I seem to have a glitch where the Master Builder spot for the Pants Detector red brick doesn't show up. Hopefully the codes come out soon.
You need to complete Story Mode before the Master Build spot shows up.

FYI - Only destroy the tree, not the three colorful 'fruit' stands in the park. Those are used for the Master Build.

From Dougiefresh's PS3T.org trophy guide (his bricks are in a different order):
Quote:
10) Pants Detector: In Bricksburg in the park outside of Emmet’s house, destroy the tree in the corner to reveal a master builder point, only the right tree when facing the park from Emmet's house, use it and the red brick is yours. *Note* The Master Build spot will not show up until after you have completed all story levels. (200,000 studs)
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbloke View Post
I don't know if this applies to your situation or not, but I also thought I had the unbreakable park bench glitch but it turned out I had already released that cat earlier in the game before I had met the woman giving me the task. It seems that once you've done it the bench then becomes unbreakable. It was actually one of the other cats I was missing. It may be worth checking that you've found all 4 of the other cats.
Actually, this happened to me too. I had broken the bench early on in the game and later on I was driving around and couldn't break it again. RadiantViper has a walkthrough on Gamefaq and in the FAQ section, it said that if you break and build that grapple point before activating that "quest", the cat is already caught. I tested it out and sure enough, when I had gotten my 'first' cat, it said 2/5.

Quote:

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 02-17-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsahene View Post
Does anyone have a solution for the glitch regarding this brick? I've got all the cats except for the one that you need Batman for. I tried flying up to the balcony and there is no cat. I've also got to each of the other cat locations to see if one reset and theres none there. Is there a solution that doesn't involved starting the game over? I'm at 71 percent and have no desire to start from the beginning.
got this glitch too fuck this game I aint restarting this garbage game
Old 03-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #12
highlol

highlol's Gamercard
I was having the same problem too. I had not even realized that I had even talked to the cat lady yet, let alone returned her cat. I found the last cat with Benny. I had already done that and didn't try again until this afternoon. I hope that helps.
highlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 AM   #13
Bbrit1776

Send a message via AIM to Bbrit1776

BBrit1776's Gamercard
I am having the same issue and I dont know if I am the only one that notice this but there is a cat right infront of her. But I cant even get this shitty as trophy neither and i am not about to restart this crap neither.

Whomever made this game is a bitch for putting a damn glitch on a damn trophy. That dont make no damn sense.
Bbrit1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #14
SolidSnake666

lx capthowdy Xl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrit1776 View Post
I am having the same issue and I dont know if I am the only one that notice this but there is a cat right infront of her. But I cant even get this shitty as trophy neither and i am not about to restart this crap neither.

Whomever made this game is a bitch for putting a damn glitch on a damn trophy. That dont make no damn sense.
First, I recommend you learn to type. Secondly, I recommend you learn to spell. Lastly, Its not a glitch with the achievement/trophy. Its a glitch in the coding for the game. Who ever coded it did not include an IF statement causing this to glitch. Once you release the cats you either need to return them to the "cat lady" or your S.O.L.

The if statement should be something like:
IF (Cat == returned to cat lady)
{
bench = un-destructible
}

else
{
bench = destructible
}

so the problem is not achievement related. Its a Id10T error. The programmer either didn't know what he was doing or overlooked it. Until they either release the code for the 10x brick or release a patch we are all S.O.L Im afraid. Another option would be to start over with a fresh save

Last edited by SolidSnake666; 03-25-2014 at 07:09 AM.
SolidSnake666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #15
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake666 View Post
First, I recommend you learn to type. Secondly, I recommend you learn to spell.
Wow. English is not everyone's first language, you know... Quit acting like a dick and grammar nazi.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #16
Burress

ExtremeGamer's Gamercard
We can't get the cat lady to show up because we bought her already. Does that mean we can't ever get the x10 red brick?? We have all the cats unlocked but they just stand there. help?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #17
NiteJokester

NiteJokester's Gamercard
I thought I had the "glitch" happen to me. Here like others I must of broke and built the grapple earlier before buying the crazy cat lady and starting the mission. Go and collect the other cats and the red brick will appear once she has all 5. Hope this helps.

NiteJokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
Triiv

When i started the mission and rescued the first cat, i was 2/5. But I did rescue all the cats except for the one near the "indestructible bench". And I can't get the Red Brick to appear. Also there is a cat right in front of the lady, but i can't interact with it! I'm really upset about this. I don't want to play this all over again.

Edit: I did the train station one again. And another cat appeared and got the achievement. Anyone having the same problem try to go to the hacking mini game. Good luck.

Last edited by Triiv; 06-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Triiv is offline   Reply With Quote