PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
LessThan5

LessThan5's Gamercard
To much work to get level 100 now?

Hey guy's i am thinking of starting this game as it looks amazing. the SP achievements are pretty standard. but level 100... I have been seeing alot of people saying it takes forever to level up so if i started the game now roughly what am i looking at to hit level 100? 100+ hours?

Thanks
LessThan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
assassinjay1229

Send a message via MSN to assassinjay1229

assassinjay1229's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThan5 View Post
Hey guy's i am thinking of starting this game as it looks amazing. the SP achievements are pretty standard. but level 100... I have been seeing alot of people saying it takes forever to level up so if i started the game now roughly what am i looking at to hit level 100? 100+ hours?

Thanks
How does the rest of your natural born life sound, seeing as R* is still cutting RP(xp) payouts in patches . The serious answer is about 2-3 months of fairly serious playing, sorry I can't give you an hour estimate.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
LessThan5

LessThan5's Gamercard
stuff that for a joke. thanks for the reply
LessThan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Boomerang Cat

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinjay1229 View Post
How does the rest of your natural born life sound, seeing as R* is still cutting RP(xp) payouts in patches . The serious answer is about 2-3 months of fairly serious playing, sorry I can't give you an hour estimate.
Quote:
stuff that for a joke. thanks for the reply
Reaching Rank 100 in GTA5 Online is much easier than reaching Rank 10 "Wanted" in GTA4 Online was, so it's not too bad.

It will take a long time if you hang around, appearing to be doing pretty much nothing in a Free Roam Lobby, like 75%-80% of people seem to be doing in GTA Online, but if you're regularly completing Missions you'll get to Rank 100 fairly quickly.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
If you actually play the game (i.e. not run around only in Freemode or do the same race/mission over and over and over again), it really isn't that bad. Those who complain about the grind to 100 are those who aren't exactly doing anything else. Of course it's going to feel like a grind when you only do the same two or three missions (less than 1% of all that can be done)!

It takes about 10 rank-appropriate missions (the rank required to get it being about the rank you are) to rank up one level. But if you find people to play with that are higher up and play their missions, early on you can rank up every 2-4 missions (or even every mission really early on).
Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
If you actually play the game (i.e. not run around only in Freemode or do the same race/mission over and over and over again), it really isn't that bad. Those who complain about the grind to 100 are those who aren't exactly doing anything else. Of course it's going to feel like a grind when you only do the same two or three missions (less than 1% of all that can be done)!

It takes about 10 rank-appropriate missions (the rank required to get it being about the rank you are) to rank up one level. But if you find people to play with that are higher up and play their missions, early on you can rank up every 2-4 missions (or even every mission really early on).
All of this right here!

I see it so many times where people complain about not ranking up but you see they have enough snapchat shots of their car/garage/shenanigans that you realize they're not paying attention to the huge chunks of wasted time.

I haven't leveled up bc when I do play, I have been more farting around than playing missions since I'm just a skitch away from 100. I mean, if the game launched as it did just without the abusing glitches, it would STILL be a grind.

Anyone who's been above level 100 since December "Cheated" their way up so now you have:

Players complaining there's not enough to do now
Players complaining there's too much to grind

Then there's players like you and I who look and say "Quit complaining and actually PLAY"

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
stuff that for a joke.
Although you might be turned of by the lengthy grind to 100. I would highly recommend giving the multiplayer a fair go. If you're only going to play it to get the multiplayer achievements, it's probably won't be fun experience.

Best thing I can suggest would be to crew up and play productively and often. There are guides around the internets with quickest paths to rank 100, but it's still going to take you more than a month.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it

Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post

Anyone who's been above level 100 since December "Cheated" their way up
so now you have:

Players complaining there's not enough to do now
Players complaining there's too much to grind
Me and several friends all have characters that are over 100 since December or before that. We did a ton of racing mixed in with missions and general free roam shenanigans. I've pretty much done it all but I still play for fun, I even still work on leveling up a second character.

But apparently we "cheated" our way to get there then huh?
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Anyone who's been above level 100 since December "Cheated" their way up so now you have:
I'm pretty sure I didn't 'cheat' or use any exploits.
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #10
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovement81 View Post
Me and several friends all have characters that are over 100 since December or before that. We did a ton of racing mixed in with missions and general free roam shenanigans. I've pretty much done it all but I still play for fun, I even still work on leveling up a second character.

But apparently we "cheated" our way to get there then huh?
He's just frustrated at people that took advantage of exploits that wouldn't have been there in the first place if QA testing was more extensive. Prepare yourself

Edit: Funny he hasn't been back to 'explain' how we're all wrong and he's right. We're all 'Cheaters'.

Last edited by Dirty130; 02-20-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's a lot of work, yes. But you have to be fair. There are worse games for achievements. Ever play the game Devil May Cry 4? 80+ hours at a straight barrel-through. Metal Gear Solid IV? Hells longer.

GTA IV was much worse.

So, it's not a "too much work" as it is, "does your card deserve to have this achievement on it?" I'm guessing not.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
It's a lot of work, yes. But you have to be fair. There are worse games for achievements. Ever play the game Devil May Cry 4? 80+ hours at a straight barrel-through. Metal Gear Solid IV? Hells longer.

GTA IV was much worse.

So, it's not a "too much work" as it is, "does your card deserve to have this achievement on it?" I'm guessing not.
This is the easiest way to look at it.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
REHJR1974

REHJR1974's Gamercard
i agree with boomerang cat. get to the ranking up anf you will be rank 100 in a fairly decent amount of time... did you expect me to say no time?? yeah right.
REHJR1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
He's just frustrated at people that took advantage of exploits that wouldn't have been there in the first place if QA testing was more extensive. Prepare yourself

Edit: Funny he hasn't been back to 'explain' how we're all wrong and he's right. We're all 'Cheaters'.
Ah, Floid's been railing on about this for quite awhile. Just check in any of the threads that talk about boosting RP and he'll eventually show up to 'explain' his position on how you're cheating.

Frankly, I stopped listening when he even considers making a conscious choice to repeat the same job or race over and over as tantamount to cheating. Just nonsense...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Ah, Floid's been railing on about this for quite awhile. Just check in any of the threads that talk about boosting RP and he'll eventually show up to 'explain' his position on how you're cheating.

Frankly, I stopped listening when he even considers making a conscious choice to repeat the same job or race over and over as tantamount to cheating. Just nonsense...
Yeah, I think he has given GTAV Online a break and is playing Titanfall on 360 now. You'll probably find your post will bring him back, lol. He's just like anyone else though, he's got his own opinions on stuff and thangs. But yeah, the 'cheating' claim was just plain ludicrous I think. Meh..

I played the same opponent in Killer Instinct over and over last night. I used Fulgore every time too. Does that make me a cheater? Don't care.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #16
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
To be honest with you, when you're at a low level you rank up pretty quick. Just join all the random missions you can, do all the missions you have available to you and you'll reach 100 in no time.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #17
Rusty Knight 07

Rusty Knight 07's Gamercard
If you're a sad loser just after achievements go elsewhere, if you want to play a fantastic game then play this!

Simple!
Rusty Knight 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I think he has given GTAV Online a break and is playing Titanfall on 360 now. You'll probably find your post will bring him back, lol. He's just like anyone else though, he's got his own opinions on stuff and thangs. But yeah, the 'cheating' claim was just plain ludicrous I think. Meh..

I played the same opponent in Killer Instinct over and over last night. I used Fulgore every time too. Does that make me a cheater? Don't care.
Oh, I don't begrudge him his opinion, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Well, I think you're a cheater, so it final!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Knight 07 View Post
If you're a sad loser just after achievements go elsewhere, if you want to play a fantastic game then play this!

Simple!
You realize you're on a site for achievement hunters, yes?

If not, let me do you a solid by letting you know that you've just insulted everyone here.

Well played.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #19
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:

I often get calls from Lester, Martin, Trevor, and the others asking me to do missions that I have already done. By accepting those requests, does that make me a cheater?

Do you have to then put the game down when you have done all the missions?

I am not a big fan of grinding achievements because they eat up a lot of time, but if you compare getting to level 100 in this game to others, then this one is a walk in the park. I do not want all the achievements to be easily attainable otherwise it takes away from what it is actually called: ACHIEVEMENTS. When you get that achievement that has taken some time through perseverance then that leaves me with some satisfaction.

I guess you have the two camps, the people who go for high volume achievements and the ones that look for harder quality achievements.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Knight 07 View Post

Simple!

Quote:
Oh, I don't begrudge him his opinion, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Well, I think you're a cheater, so it final!
OK, you caught me. I'll stop cheating now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
I often get calls from Lester, Martin, Trevor, and the others asking me to do missions that I have already done. By accepting those requests, does that make me a cheater?

Do you have to then put the game down when you have done all the missions?
Yes. Or you too are a cheater.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #21
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Man, I love that gif...

"Zed? Maynard. Yeah, spider just caught a couple of flies..."
Old 05-11-2014, 03:46 AM   #22
AusMikAtonic

AusMikAtonic's Gamercard
yes it is very time consuming I do help people with rank 100 if u need it message me AusMikAtoNiC
it really depends how dedicated you are going to be and if u want the full 1000g
AusMikAtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #23
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
level 100 before december crew, apparently Im a huge cheating bastard who probably punches babies too.

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #24
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornesbored View Post
level 100 before december crew, apparently Im a huge cheating bastard who probably punches babies too.
Haha.. That old joke. You probably shouldn't punch babies either.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
I still think i'll get there eventually but at level 61 its still a long way.

~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
I still think i'll get there eventually but at level 61 its still a long way.
It would appear that R* are going to keep up the 2x XP weekends, so just take advantage of them from time to time. You'll get it.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #27
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Quote:
It would appear that R* are going to keep up the 2x XP weekends, so just take advantage of them from time to time. You'll get it.
I tried this weekend with Golf and Tennis.. but it got annoying. To the the next weekend!

~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #28
angelusanya78

angelusanya78's Gamercard
I love doin g Survival missions cause they are quick (I can normally get 10 waves in between me eating and having to go back to work!!). Does that make me a cheater?? lol
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #29
TheRealJustSean

Send a message via MSN to TheRealJustSean

TheRealJustSean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I try to level up, but lately, it seems every time I try to play online, it goes down. :/

TheRealJustSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #30
MorbidEclipse24

MorbidEclipse24's Gamercard
Its not too bad really.. I agree with everyone here. Alot of times ill be playing missions and
With some buddies then they will want to just mess around. You get something like 20% more rp playing with other players and 10% more on top for playing with the crew I believe. its just finding some dedicated players to get some good sessions going. Its good stuff regardless of what you're doing tho!